DLC: What are you willing to pay for?

DLC: What are you willing to pay REAL MONEY for?

  • Individual cars

    Votes: 109 45.8%
  • Car packs

    Votes: 186 78.2%
  • Tracks (including variations)

    Votes: 131 55.0%
  • Track packs.

    Votes: 192 80.7%
  • Night time special stages of existing tracks

    Votes: 74 31.1%
  • Engine performance parts

    Votes: 54 22.7%
  • Official upgrade packs for existing cars, ie John Cooper Work, Alpina, Cosworth

    Votes: 73 30.7%
  • Personalised number / licence plates

    Votes: 22 9.2%
  • Neons / Tinted windows

    Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Special edition Alloy Wheels

    Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Liverys / Vinyls

    Votes: 40 16.8%
  • HUD dials (Need for speed style)

    Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Character clothing (ie overalls/helmets)

    Votes: 29 12.2%
  • Higher quality b-spec drivers

    Votes: 22 9.2%
  • Rewind.

    Votes: 6 2.5%
  • New specs of the game, ie Spec II, III etc.

    Votes: 89 37.4%
  • Track editor.

    Votes: 85 35.7%
  • Other that i missed

    Votes: 20 8.4%

  • Total voters
    238
DLC should stick to cars and tracks packs. We don't have to pay for better AI or whatever because that normally included in a free update (Ok maybe not EA :lol:)
 
Individual cars (I won't pay for a single car I'm not interested in), Tracks (including variations), Night time special stages of existing tracks, Engine performance parts, Official upgrade packs for existing cars, Special edition Alloy Wheels, Liverys / Vinyls, Track editor.

I don't really think I would pay anything more than the value of the game, but if I had the money, I would spent it in these.
 
I choose OTHER...

I was missing the option: "I am not willing to pay for any DLC because I have paid for the game already"
 
tracks- because I'm sure we'll have enough car for awhile, and tracks are always better than cars imo.
 
Car packs, track packs and a new spec as that could well contain both. I'd say track packs is the one I'd be most convinced of to spend money on. Perhaps even more so than cars, tracks are the heart of this game. Quality tracks and a good quantity and variation is essential to increasing the game's life span.
 
GT has many many vehicles but i would love to see my old 99 civic si in GT5. It met a rather ubfortunate end, but i would love to have a digital reincarnation of it.
 
I would only pay for the game. DLC can go and get F'd as far as I'm concerned.

Having said that, even buying the game is in doubt now.
 
Most of us purchased GT5P, then we go and purchase GT5

GT5P will be worthless when GT5 is out, so free content only seems fair.
 
downloads, especially if you have to pay for them is just another way for a developer to scam more money from you especially after paying the ripoff cost of a game e.g. $60.

Now I wouldn't mind a content-loaded disk provided its sold at a fair price, but the minute you get into download I have to drop my support.
 
downloads, especially if you have to pay for them is just another way for a developer to scam more money from you especially after paying the ripoff cost of a game e.g. $60.

Now I wouldn't mind a content-loaded disk provided its sold at a fair price, but the minute you get into download I have to drop my support.

Well quite honestly, the medium shouldn't matter. What does matter is what you get. If the DLC contains something you'd expect in a sequel, PD sure is right to expect money for it.

If the DLC is something they could have taken 5 minutes and $0 to add to the game in the first place, they had better not expect money for it. Especially if it's on a disk and I have to drive to a store to get it.
 
The only thing you should have to pay for are cars and tracks.

Anyone who pays for things like alloys or vinyls are chumps as they're things that should be in the game. This is GT, not an EA game.

Also, new game features and upgrades should be free. You wouldn't pay to get a new button or skin for itunes... well, I know some pathetic applephiles that will...
 
For those who've said they don't think there should have to be DLC or they're not willing to pay for DLC - Don't you think that 2 or 3 years down the line, once you've pretty much exhausted everything there is to do in the game, that some fresh new cars and different tracks would be worth shelling out for?
 
1:1 steering animation.

:lol: I love your determination bro :lol:

id only pay for a mega pack, wether it be cars or tracks+championship files, minimum 15-20 cars, minimum 5-10 tracks.

Themed car packs would be nice, classic cars, 80's sports or modern machines...

20 cars 10 tracks, id drop 15 american on that.

I love add-ons they add much life to a game in its later playing stages, say a year into GT5 they release an add-on like i mentioned, they'd get nice revenue, drop it too early and it dont have the same effect.
 
Tracks, tracks and more tracks. Followed by more tracks.
 
what about the option "nothing" ?

i want a full game for my money.

And you will get a full game, it's GT we are talking about.

The only thing that bothers me with DLC is when developers hold back on content from the full game to sell it for extra money a month later or so. Stuff that was already done and could have been implemented in the full game right away, but they prefer to sell it as DLC later on. Like Oblivion for example with the horse armor.

But when developers develop extra content after the full game, it's totally different and worth buying (when it's actually worth it of course :)).
 
And you will get a full game, it's GT we are talking about.

The only thing that bothers me with DLC is when developers hold back on content from the full game to sell it for extra money a month later or so. Stuff that was already done and could have been implemented in the full game right away, but they prefer to sell it as DLC later on. Like Oblivion for example with the horse armor.

But when developers develop extra content after the full game, it's totally different and worth buying (when it's actually worth it of course :)).

Couldn't of said it better myself 👍. As far as DLC for me, I would buy new car and track packs.
 
For those who've said they don't think there should have to be DLC or they're not willing to pay for DLC - Don't you think that 2 or 3 years down the line, once you've pretty much exhausted everything there is to do in the game, that some fresh new cars and different tracks would be worth shelling out for?

Exactly!

Although... I've been playing Killzone 2 again lately, and it was time for some new maps, so I bought me all the Killzone 2 mappacks this week (well I shared, cost me only 2,75 euro for them all), but only to find out that almost noone has those or plays them. :ouch:

But with the fanbase that GT has, i'm sure that will never happen. :)
 
My choices, not surprisingly, mirrored the trend that is forming with the current votes. I'd buy cars, tracks, engine parts, wheels, track editor etc. - stuff that generally enhances the lifespan of the ganme. A number plate editor would be cool, but things like custom liveries, neons, clothing, dials etc... Nah, leave that to Electronic Arts.
 
Couldn't of said it better myself 👍. As far as DLC for me, I would buy new car and track packs.

Same here, i'm all in for new cars and tracks later on as DLC. :)
 
I personally would hate to pay for contents unless I was able to use the credits I had acquired during the game through racing and winning events or achieving gold for certain events which would allow me to go online and download special gifts.
 
Porsche, thats the only thing i would pay for because ii will cost money for PD to get the license. If it means paying EA lots of cash to get it into GT5 then so be it, i'm willing to put my part towards it, as long as we get at least 10 of them.

I doubt we can be too optimistic about tracks and such as DLC. As there won't be much of a graphical improvement for GT6 above GT5, PD needs to make some content unique/hold some back, and the main thing GT5 will be lacking is tracks. Even if its 20 location 70 tracks (and not 20 tracks 70 variations), its still not as good as it could be.
 
I'm willing to pay a reasonable price for any work PD do after GT5's finished. I don't want to see cars and in screenshots before the games out only to find that they've been held back as paid for DLC. Any work PD do after GT5 is out they rightly deserve to be paid for, it's costing them money to make it but again, the prices have to be reasonable. I'm not going topay £5 for 1 track just because it's GT5. The best way to go about a pricing system is car and track packs, say 15 cars or 2-3 tracks for £5, that's reasonable in my opinion. I would also pay for a track editor shoul such a program become available, however i would need to be an editor capable of creating tracks I'm going to enjoy driving on, not bland sub-standard affairs that are boring. I wouldn't pay for new parts to upgrade the cars for or decal sets ect, costs to PD would be minimal to create and release such content and I would not pay for this type of content out of principal.

Spec versions of the game, if they do happen, I don't think will or should be charged for. They're basically GT5:P's equivelent of patches for PC games, if a spec update comes out and it comes with cars and a track, then that would be worthy of a charge, but then you run the risk of having some people not having the update bcause they can't/don't want to pay for it and then you have an imbalance of players all online with different versions of the game. I wouldn't want to see that, if spec updates are in some way part of GT5 they should be for behind the scenes work only, corecting bugs, tweaking the physics etc, not tied into chargable content.

You know I was going to post my thoughts on this and then I saw that you had it all covered, not only that, but it's better put than what I could of come up with. Oh and incase you didn't guess, I totally agree with everything you have said.:bowdown:
 
Car packs and track packs. That's it.

...or so I say. But when push comes to shove, I'll probably buy anything Polyphony wants me to.
 
:lol: I love your determination bro :lol:

id only pay for a mega pack, wether it be cars or tracks+championship files, minimum 15-20 cars, minimum 5-10 tracks.
.

Thanks :) I try hold torch for that one small matter if i just would be able to make that much differense and PD would take note.

I also voted track and car packs in addition to 1:1 steering animation :)
 
Option to create poll in multiplayer matches.
 
For those who've said they don't think there should have to be DLC or they're not willing to pay for DLC - Don't you think that 2 or 3 years down the line, once you've pretty much exhausted everything there is to do in the game, that some fresh new cars and different tracks would be worth shelling out for?

Sure, it'll be called GT6

b
 
We wont be waiting longer than 2013 for GT6, for sure. no need for priced DLC.
 
We wont be waiting longer than 2013 for GT6, for sure. no need for priced DLC.

I would be confident enough to say that a lot of people would disagree with you with regards the need for priced DLC. I for one would like the option of the newest models as they become available in real life, if you look how closely PD and System 10 seem to working with car developers, it seems pretty a competitive edge to have the latest cars.

As for GT6 in 2013, definately a possibility, but thats 3 years away, a lot can change in 3 years. I wouldn't be surprised if GT6 is merely an evolution of GT5 than a new game altogether.
 
You know, it's only realistic if the game wheel changes ratios from car to car.

Now that would definately be a feature i'd want eventually 👍. It would probably come under the same category as power steering, and 'city drive' steering at low speed. Unfortunately i would be very surprised if we see that on the PS3.
 
Back