Do "elite" drivers ruin the game?

• Thread starter bmxmitch
  • 96 comments
There it is, the "git gud" post :lol:

And another idea would be, to get rid of the Top10 list. So no-one knows whats the fastest car for the daily!? Or at least dont show the used car, just the usernames. Maybe this would help?
This could work :D
And don't show the replay as well so people don't have a "loophole" to work around with.

TL;DR "learner" sheep will have tons of ways to get around this restriction, but the hassle it causes will deter the "general" sheep from knowing the META cars

For the "learner" sheep like @DriftMethod and I, there's still tons and tons of helpful guide videos out there that provide an even more in-depth explanation for each track/car combo. The Top 10 can still choose to share their replays, but it's just that the person has to view that person's profile first and then play the replay. And that's if the person even shares their replay

Yes, it is a very big hassle for the "learner" sheep that just want to study. But the goal is to deter the "general" sheep who don't really look at the replays themselves. They'd just take a glance at the car that's useful in the Top 10, so why would they go through the extra hassle of view profile, loading, gallery, loading, look for the replay if they even have one, play, loading, just to simply glance at the car they're using? Sure, the youtube videos are out there, but they're not as accessible as in-game replays in the sense that you need to get out of the game and its immersion to search for the car.

I disagree with you there. I am not satisfied with myself if i cannot compare my time with the times from the others. Especially what kind of car they used for this specific event and seeing how they drove. As you mentioned earlier i am mostly using underrated or slower cars because for me it is on the one hand really fun and challenging to try and beat the P1 time with a common car and on the other hand i don't want to use the same cars all over again (except for the subaru probably because i love it hahaha). But yeah it would be awesome to see some different manufacturers within the top 10 like on the asia region (if you are not counting the manufacturers cup)

And from my side i can say that somehow i managed to help players who struggled with being fast or improving their skills. After i told them they should analyze my lap with: braking point, acceleration point, when to turn in, which racing line to take, gearing, etc and then trying to take the analyziz over to their driving skill and practising it they told me that they really improved their skills which made me happy lol.

So i do think it depends on where you are looking at it.

Last edited:
Top 10 should stay as it is with times, names, makes and downloadable replay, except make it the top 100 globally.

If players want to copy the "fastest" cars let them. I fail to see how this is ruining the game.

I disagree with you there. I am not satisfied with myself if i cannot compare my time with the times from the others. Especially what kind of car they used for this specific event and seeing how they drove. As you mentioned earlier i am mostly using underrated or slower cars because for me it is on the one hand really fun and challenging to try and beat the P1 time with a common car and on the other hand i don't want to use the same cars all over again (except for the subaru probably because i love it hahaha). But yeah it would be awesome to see some different manufacturers within the top 10 like on the asia region (if you are not counting the manufacturers cup)

Actually, I do enjoy it too. :)
I also want to see how close I can get with my underrated car. But PD wouldnt change it anyway, so its good to stay where its at, as an idea to discuss about ;)

Top 10 should stay as it is with times, names, makes and downloadable replay, except make it the top 100 globally.

If players want to copy the "fastest" cars let them. I fail to see how this is ruining the game.

I never said they ruin the game. Just the daily races! More specific, the variaty we see in them. But that comes mostly down to the sheep....uhm, lemmings who jump on the Top10 cars.
In SR B-D lobbies, you see so much more variaty, as the people there dont really care too much about staying competitive. But SR A lobbies are mostly filled with one car only, which is kind of boring to me, so I was actually happy when my ratings dropped again, just so I can race different cars :P

But a global Top100 would be a nice idea too! Or a filter for the Top10, where you could choose your car and compare your time with them (where it actually matters) ;)

Last edited:
Again, I continue to think that we can't really know how borked the PD BoP is without really knowing what all the cars can do. Its just easier to flock to one car once it's shown to have early leaderboard-potential before others put work in to discover something better or as quick.

If we were better at knowing what is causing the borked BoP and could pinpoint specific things that attribute to it, PD might be more inclined to reach out to us and listen to feedback... instead we incessantly shout vague things about it, which doesn't help anyone on either end of the fence.

PD definitely want to have a unified BoP for tracks. Otherwise they would have opted for track-specific BoP already; they have an Oval BoP and Circuit BoP, so no excuses for not being able to logistically split more BoP's up. That takes a lot of work, anyone that has tried to BoP a series knows this.

That said, a track specific BoP is needed to paint a picture of what's being done to the cars' specs at each track to strike a balance, but the gaps between the cars will need to be maximum 3 tenths everywhere except Le Mans (aprrox. 0.5s), Nord and Nurb24 (both approx. 1s) to be even remotely balanced.

The unification comes in how to minimise whatever fluctuations in specs (bhp/weight) per track is needed to strike the same balance... THEN (for races) having the right racing lobby environment set up to cover any other factors (fuel/tyres) that may give one car that extra advantage over the others...

@Tidgney I recall you made videos on YT about checking the current BoP... I kept meaning to look over the results of each video but it seemed like you had the cars ranked in a spreadsheet. Is that just Gr.3? and is there a video of PDF/Doc of your findings?

Last edited:
Back