Do the high end PCs graphics look like the PS5 and X2 will?

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 31 comments
United States
United States
I guess super PCs do... Is it that much better looking? I am excited for my for the X2 and more power but is it going to show much?

This time it dosnt matter anymore, if 1080p 60fps will be standard.
Till yet it was a big gap. Low resolution+low fps vs High resolution+high fps.

But if they start again with cripple 30fps gameplay then i will send them a curse!
6 months uncontrollable diarrhea, for every dev who just think about designing 30fps games.
:lol:

But if they start again with cripple 30fps gameplay then i will send them a curse!
6 months uncontrollable diarrhea, for every dev who just think about designing 30fps games.

I strongly doubt 30fps games will be phased out completely; graphical fidelity and higher resolutions will always be an easier mass-market sell than 60fps. Besides, A considerable chunk of gamers are unfazed by frame rates above a stable 30. If anything, the majority of games next-gen could allow for a 60fps option at the cost of some visual performance.

Probably not, since AAA devs only start to use the new goodies and rendering tech a bunch when the next gen of consoles comes out (compare late 7th-gen releases like Sleeping Dogs and Driver San Francisco to early 8th-gen releases like The Crew and GTA 5, on the PC). Or for a modern look at it compare Ace Combat 7 to PC flight sims, AC7 has smaller textures and lower-fidelity lighting (even on PC) than those since it has to port cleanly to PS4/XB1

If you want a benchmark for the way future games will look the only one I can get behind that isn’t a tech demo is DCS World. Here’s Heatblur’s F-14 trailer:

Last edited:
There is a reason PCs are the master race. Consoles are generally truncated PCs. For example, one of PS3s greatest downfalls is the small amount of RAM it has. It instead relied upon fast bus and cpu speeds, which is fine, but it's effects could be seen in games like GT6. You can only cram so much map, entities and vehicles into the small amount of RAM and trying to load and track all of that on the fly using the CPU isn't really feasible. IDK the specs of the next gen consoles, but I will wager good money that they are not going to be anywhere near as powerful as a top of the line gaming PC.
That said, it's not a bad thing. A gaming PC that can run current and upcoming AAA games in high graphics at 60 fps+ is going to cost you over $1000. The Graphics card alone will cost you more than a PS4 pro. At that price point, consoles just won't sell the volume they would need to be profitable. In the case of consoles, less is more.

I'm one of those people that think a console and PC are one in same(They are both computers) I haven't search but I haven't seen any videos about people showing off crazy PC graphics. I do see videos with Xbox/PS/PC comparisons that I don't see much of a difference,but some. I do like the way my Xbox X looks over my base xbox and it is only a little clearer.

I'm one of those people that think a console and PC are one in same(They are both computers) I haven't search but I haven't seen any videos about people showing off crazy PC graphics. I do see videos with Xbox/PS/PC comparisons that I don't see much of a difference,but some. I do like the way my Xbox X looks over my base xbox and it is only a little clearer.
A console is pretty much a PC, especially since consumers have moved to the 86x proc architecture rather than proprietary procs like PS3s Cell Processor. The main difference between a PCand a console is the components. Consoles are like an all in one computer where the motherboard is proprietary, the CPU/GPU and RAM is intergrated to the board, and runs on a custom OS. Effectively, this makes the console mostly unupgradable.

The new consoles will be great, but do you think it will be a graphics game changer?
I think the next gen is going to be more about stability & speed as opposed to full on gfx overhaul.

Some games already look good, but of course it can always still be improved.

No need to go above 4k unless you have an 100" display, 60fps should be minimum, loading times cut, better lighting (rtx) better AI physics, more objects on screen, better shadows, AA etc.

I reckon the gfx will be minimal but putting everything together will be a more polished, stable experience.

Hopefully.

60 fps games tend to sell better though. Gamers like fast paced responsive games.
They do? I haven't really seen anything to support this considering the vast majority of games this generation have been 30FPS, and many of those have sold extremely well. I would imagine typical(read casual, which makes up the vast majority of any playerbase) gamers really won't even notice the difference between the two, and probably wouldn't even know what FPS the game runs at when they buy it.

Are people going to be disappointed with the "next gen." Are people thinking that this should be the generation that is life like? Probibly, but the reality will hit and they will be happy with another step forward.

Are people going to be disappointed with the "next gen." Are people thinking that this should be the generation that is life like? Probibly, but the reality will hit and they will be happy with another step forward.
The people who care about this kind of stuff will probably be just as disappointed with the 9th gen as they were with the 8th. Compared to every generational leap before 7->8 there have been pretty much zero ways for devs to expand gameplay horizons (we used to get big stuff like sample-based sound, optical discs, onboard internet connection, 3D graphics), 8th gen has mostly just been changes in dev revenue schemes like adding microtransactions and season passes

I’m optimistic about the 10th or 11th generation though. I think by that point hardware will be robust enough to support intensive raytracing and voxel-based rendering at the same time, which will pretty much solve photorealistic lighting.

Too many potential variations in hardware or source resolution upload for most to notice a difference if you’re watching things on a 1080p/60hz TV.

Watch the same video in 4K/1440 using a good PC even the weakest eyes will notice a substantial clarity/refresh rate difference, providing the source upload is offered at higher resolutions.

The greatest thing that a powerful gaming computer has over a powerful console is its unmatched potential in hardware modification. You just need to build it and if you like, you can also mod a game or put some mods just for fun. Meanwhile, you can't do the same thing with a console, unless the game you play there allows you to, in normal circumstances.

The greatest thing that a powerful gaming computer has over a powerful console is its unmatched potential in hardware modification. You just need to build it and if you like, you can also mod a game or put some mods just for fun. Meanwhile, you can't do the same thing with a console, unless the game you play there allows you to, in normal circumstances.
Not just the games, but jearlynevery aspect of a computer can be modded, and far easier than a console. It's a lot easier to build and mount a computer into a custom case, than to do the same to a console. And as components upgrade, they can generally be swapped out for the new stuff.

Not just the games, but jearlynevery aspect of a computer can be modded, and far easier than a console. It's a lot easier to build and mount a computer into a custom case, than to do the same to a console. And as components upgrade, they can generally be swapped out for the new stuff.
In short, it's very flexible, right? ;):lol:

Unless it's a laptop, you can't bring it with you though. Well, we have smartphones and handheld consoles, too, for that purpose. :)

The biggest selling games like cod tun at 60fps.

Subconsciously gamers gravitate towards these games.
It's selling point isn't because it's 60FPS, like I said, most casuals will not even know, nor care, what a games FPS is locked at. There's literally tons of games that are 30FPS that sell just as well or better, and it makes sense considering the vast majority this whole generation have been 30FPS.

Example: GTA V(which has sold well consistently even throughout this year too.

The trouble is the vast majority of PC owners never upgrade a thing and just buy a new on instead a few years later. So they should have just got a console to start with.

Mods are a plus plus and most of the time people just buy a new PC when their PC gets outdated.....But that's not the topic. How does $3000 PC look compared to a $350 Xbox X on the same 65 inch 4K TV. What will the PS5 and X2 supposedly look like in comparison?

The trouble is the vast majority of PC owners never upgrade a thing and just buy a new on instead a few years later. So they should have just got a console to start with.
Sorry but how is that a trouble? I don't think it's a bad thing. It's only similar when other people buy a new console that they don't have yet from another brand or once their outgoing console becomes obsolete. And nowadays, unless they're very specific about specs, many serious PC gamers would already opt for a stock powerful gaming PC. It's their choice if they'll choose to upgrade their parts later or not but there's nothing wrong either if they don't once they just choose to buy a new one instead after some years of use. Who knows a very modern part or component is not yet compatible with the PC they have, hence they'll buy the latest.

I always wanted to get gaming rig. But honestly now it is quite irrelevant. Current games already look great on consoles.Next gen the gap is going to be even less but there is not going to huge leap.

If someone buys a 500$ + gfx card next year he will probably get more performance in games than in console. However as the time goes on console will out perform it due to optimization and devs getting more out of it. On the other hand that gfx card performance will start to deteriorate in newer games. Having said that there will always be be a new 500$, 1000$ gfx cards. It is just like mobile phones if you need the best you need to constantly upgrade :lol:

I always wanted to get gaming rig. But honestly now it is quite irrelevant. Current games already look great on consoles.Next gen the gap is going to be even less but there is not going to huge leap.

If someone buys a 500$ + gfx card next year he will probably get more performance in games than in console. However as the time goes on console will out perform it due to optimization and devs getting more out of it. On the other hand that gfx card performance will start to deteriorate in newer games. Having said that there will always be be a new 500$, 1000$ gfx cards. It is just like mobile phones if you need the best you need to constantly upgrade :lol:

Isn't that why as soon as you get something tech related it's already outdated in some way even if it's brand new?

Not at all. Game development follows console cycles. High end PCs will have framerate and resolution advantages but if we're talking about a next generation leap or character models, game world sizes, game design (SSD loading), new engines etc it all starts with new consoles.

A never ending cycle, huh? :lol:

I have a 8 year old gaming pc, all I’ve updated was the graphics card. I play pc for the selection of games, no Hell Let Loose on consoles or massive multiplayer games. Tonight I was playing a world war 2 combat flight sim Aces High 3, were 123 players in the main arena. Fighters, bombers, tanks and carrier groups, don’t get that on consoles either. It’s not always about graphics and in fact most I know aren’t playing on the latest hardware.

I have a 8 year old gaming pc, all I’ve updated was the graphics card. I play pc for the selection of games, no Hell Let Loose on consoles or massive multiplayer games. Tonight I was playing a world war 2 combat flight sim Aces High 3, were 123 players in the main arena. Fighters, bombers, tanks and carrier groups, don’t get that on consoles either. It’s not always about graphics and in fact most I know aren’t playing on the latest hardware.
Which people who mostly play with a console don't know that much. Like I mentioned earlier, a PC still has advantage in terms of flexibility. However, if there are exclusive games on a console and you'd want to play them really bad, then you won't have any choice.

Back