Do you think copying your PSP cars to GT5 is like cheating

• Thread starter Demon2330
  • 102 comments
Tim2600
Hey guys now we have a solid date to be happy about with the bucket load of infomation etc etc.

Now we all know we can copy cars to gt5 but since 800+ of the cars that some of us have collected from GT PSP but is it just like cheating because not only will we have copied 70-80% of GT5 car collection in 1 go but also making it super easy to win some of the sunday cup races for example which allow the use of any car which to me feels also like cheating because you know youre going to win.

Last edited:
You're only cheating yourself out of, IMO, the core feature of the game and for me by far the most enjoyable element of the game. Buying your first car then racing and slowly tuning it until you win enough loot to either buy something quicker and more tunable or just tune the first one to the max and see how far you can progress through the game with it is incredibly rewarding.

I've often thought about that very issue. As it stands now, I'll play GT5 without transferring any automobiles. Then, at a much later date, I'll go ahead and do the PSP/PS3 car transfer.

I also wonder if, when transferring, if it will only do one mass move (all cars at one time) or if you could pick and choose what cars to carry over to GT5. If it's the latter, then I might not feel so odd about bringing over a select car or two at an earlier point in my GT5 career.

I guess what has also not been expressly detailed is if the cars would be usable in both Arcade and Career modes. If you could only use the transfer cars in Arcade mode, then I'd have no problem doing that right away so other people checking out my game could see a variety of autos and test them out.

Back when we didn't know what PD meant by transferring, yes, I thought it would be. Now that the word is that it will only apply to arcade cars, I will happily transfer them.

if i remember it right GT2 also can get GT1 achieved licenses in the same memory card. BUt GT PSP cars to GT5, is way overboard. I don't actually agree on this feature cause acquiring cars in GT PSP is much easier. The cash just flows very fast. Even though you're gonna buy car upgrades in GT5 transferred cars, it really takes out GT5s core essence.
And one more thing... acquiring hard earned cars would give you this sort of car-connection with the player rather than just transferring it all, one shot.
But then again that's just me.
:)

Last edited:
I'd like a system like GT4, with the car trading thing. You have to buy the car first. But I'd also much prefer a system where I could bring the modifications and tuning setups too.

Now that the word is that it will only apply to arcade cars, I will happily transfer them.

Where did you hear that? I'll be the first to admit that I don't follow all the new bits of information on GT5 finding it's way into the public realm, but I hadn't heard that before (but it does make complete sense). Hopefully that is the case and transferring cars will be a no-brainer.

👍

I think I will do it like Detroitbb:

I've often thought about that very issue. As it stands now, I'll play GT5 without transferring any automobiles. Then, at a much later date, I'll go ahead and do the PSP/PS3 car transfer.

That way I get the enjoyment of starting out fresh on GT5. Eventually I will want my PSP cars, because no matter how (relatively) easy it was, I did earn them. I didn't grind away to earn enough credits to buy the Enzo just so I could NOT be able to drive it on a system that doesn't have an analog throttle.

I think the best thing going forward to GT6 would be the ability to transfer your tune settings for a car, but that is a discussion for a different forum.

Cheating is an act of lying, deception, fraud, trickery, imposture, or imposition. Cheating characteristically is employed to create an unfair advantage, usually in one's own interest, and often at the expense of others.
From Wikipedia

You will only be cheating over yourself. Besides, the transfer of cars is not forced.

I don't actually agree on this feature cause acquiring cars in GT PSP is much easier. The cash just flows very fast.

Yes that's very true, and from Kaz's interviews it seems like it will be same in GT5. He keeps talking about how people have less time etc and how the way people use their time has changed.

Even though I have almost all of models in GT PSP and all the cars in Prologue, I won't be transfering any cars. I don't think it'll be too difficult to amass a new collection fairly swiftly.

Is that official?
how come i never heard about this

I guess the only sure thing is to wait until November 2nd. Even direct quotes from Kaz are sometimes not accurate as the translations aren't always perfect.

If you think about it though - having it apply to Arcade mode only makes complete sense.

if it is only arcade made then i would happily transfer all the cars i have and if i can transfer them to GT mode then ill wait and only transfer the slower cars at first like an s13 silvia and then later one after progressing through the game ill transfer the other cars.

I was planning on transferring all of my cars, but since it's only for Arcade mode then probably I won't bother. Hopefully it's just a translation issue and we can transfer all of our cars to the GT mode garage. Kaz also said he'd like the cars you acquire in-game to be 'yours' forever. Only unlocking it in Arcade doesn't make it 'yours' IMO.

And no, I don't think it's cheating. It's not in the spirit of the game, but the option is there and valid for anyone to use without any hacks. GT Veterans might think it's cheap, but people should be allowed to enjoy the game anyway they want (after all, they bought it with their own money). Me? I'm transferring because I will not be able to finish GT5 before I die if I don't. And I won't overkill the earlier races just because I got an F2007 in my garage. I simply want to avoid grinding, and the time needed for it (which I don't have plenty of nowadays).

I think that transfering cars wouldnt be cheating but it feels like action replay codes. Then again, gt5 has the classic system of win race events, gain cars and get money from selling them, whereas in gt psp the only way to get money is to drive and its not even possible to sell cars

Last edited:
I don't think it's cheating. You earned these cars so why not use them fully in GT5. Also you never know transferring cars might be the only way to acquire some cars in GT5. It wouldn't surprise me if they did something like that

OMG It's not cheating the cars will be only available to use in arcade mode not GT mode so yes I am going to transfer all 4448 cars that I have in gtpsp!

Has it been absolutely confirmed by KY/PD that we can only use it in Arcade?

There has been no confirmation of anything (other than the fact that a 'transfer' is going to be possible). This is one of those features that we'll just have to wait until November 2nd to find out exactly how it works.

Going off topic, but there are 1000+ cars in GT5, so even with a transfer, 170 and more will also be able to collect.

Back