Do you think copying your PSP cars to GT5 is like cheating

• Thread starter Demon2330
  • 102 comments
Going off topic, but there are 1000+ cars in GT5, so even with a transfer, 170 and more will also be able to collect.

does anyone know for sure how many cars there are? even kaz doesnt know the exact amount! what if it was only like.. 800?

If it was for your GT garage, then to make it fair I think you have to get to a certain A-spec level (not B-spec, I think people would just take advantage of that) before you can transfer any cars across. It would have to be a fairly high level as well, so players have to genuinely work to get the privilege.

Yeah, that's a smart idea - in GTPSP you could not listen to your own mp3s until you passed level B on driving challenges. They could do the same here - not let us transfer cars until certain point of completion. It would be an extra challenge for the racers, and extra challenge = extra fun

I assume that making money on the PSP is harder that doing it on GT5, because of b-spec mode, then again, the cars are only used for arcade mode.

GT5 is something we all have been waiting for. I know I could of transferred all my cars over to GT5 and just breeze through career. But I like the challenge of completing every GT game that I own. Plus would it be fun to have the advantage of all the fast cars and breeze through online ? To me, I don't think so. If I wanted to do that, I would buy the DLC for some bad game like NFS Shift. That's my opinion though, and I know a lot of folks will agree with me.

GT5 is something we all have been waiting for. I know I could of transferred all my cars over to GT5 and just breeze through career. But I like the challenge of completing every GT game that I own. Plus would it be fun to have the advantage of all the fast cars and breeze through online ? To me, I don't think so. If I wanted to do that, I would buy the DLC for some bad game like NFS Shift. That's my opinion though, and I know a lot of folks will agree with me.

Sony clarified that the transfer would be to the arcade mode only - everybody will start with the same 'GT Life' (aka career mode) parameters. Now, I'm assuming that the arcade cars will be able to be used online, but we won't know that until November 2nd.

Like I said, I am starting fresh. So I honestly don't care if I don't have my data from GTPSP. Even though if you could use your cars from GTPSP to play online, wouldn't matter. Skill > Fastest Car.

If you have M33 version, you could still try to get 100% savefile...

But, honestly, I totally support you in all your beginnings, Shigegaki. I had a save file with about 200-250 best cars in the game, then it got corrupted because I was too greedy and decided to get a 100% savefile. It failed to launch, and when I put my original save with 200 cars, it was erased, too. I was pretty mad for about a minute or so, started cursing out loud, but then it came away. Ah, what the hell, I said, and began everything anew

Since then I restarted the game about 3-4 times. Now I'm working on collecting all sedans in the game. I think it's a good strategy - then I'll start collecting hatches, then exotics. I should get back on track pretty soon

If you have M33 version, you could still try to get 100% savefile...

But, honestly, I totally support you in all your beginnings, Shigegaki. I had a save file with about 200-250 best cars in the game, then it got corrupted because I was too greedy and decided to get a 100% savefile. It failed to launch, and when I put my original save with 200 cars, it was erased, too. I was pretty mad for about a minute or so, started cursing out loud, but then it came away. Ah, what the hell, I said, and began everything anew

Since then I restarted the game about 3-4 times. Now I'm working on collecting all sedans in the game. I think it's a good strategy - then I'll start collecting hatches, then exotics. I should get back on track pretty soon

You can't use a save file from another PSP. It won't load.

Besides, I'm fairly certain he sold his PSP a while ago.

The feature is there to transfer cars, so I'm definitely going to do it. I'm not going to use my GTPSP cars in the GT Mode even if you can, I'm not worried.
I want to take my Veyron into GT5, nothing's going to stop me!

Excuse me guys
But can i transfer cars from GT5P ?

Maybe this will help. http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5p/ Check out this part:

Head Start on Gran Turismo 5 -- Get a jump on the competition. You can transfer your Gran Turismo 5 Prologue progress to Gran Turismo 5 when it releases.

I hope this still holds true. As I would love to race in my Ferrari F1 2007 (can't be bothered to save the required 7 million credits)

Peace,

EditRedz

Maybe this will help. http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt5p/ Check out this part:

Head Start on Gran Turismo 5 -- Get a jump on the competition. You can transfer your Gran Turismo 5 Prologue progress to Gran Turismo 5 when it releases.

I hope this still holds true. As I would love to race in my Ferrari F1 2007 (can't be bothered to save the required 7 million credits)

Peace,

EditRedz

I hope it is true aswell!!!👍:)

It's great that it is transferable, but is it to 'GT Mode', or 'Arcade'? It would be great to have a Ferrari as the first cars you drive, in career, at GT5.

Back