Do you think GT7 will see a similar update cycle to GT Sport?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Magog
  • 43 comments
  • 5,848 views
Messages
1,936
United States
United States
Once Sport hit it's stride we were seeing an average of about 5 new cars per month and a new track every other month. Do you think GT7 will be similar?
 
Yes, but I could imagine it will be a stronger pay-as-you-go-model.
 
Maybe not the exact same model, but I can see them continuing with something similar.

They will probably have seen that every GT Sport content update would lead to a peak in active players, and with their microtransactions some sales.
It depends on if it was financially viable in GTS, but I think it probably was
 
Hard to tell, we will have a full single player campaign and it is quite difficult for me to imagine that the number of cars will increase in the middle of the campaign. Imagine if I already finished my campaign and they would still add more new and better cars, I would no longer be able to use them. The only solution would be to start that career from scratch. So, I think the number of cars is final.
 
Hard to tell, we will have a full single player campaign and it is quite difficult for me to imagine that the number of cars will increase in the middle of the campaign. Imagine if I already finished my campaign and they would still add more new and better cars, I would no longer be able to use them. The only solution would be to start that career from scratch. So, I think the number of cars is final.

Why on earth wouldn't you be able to use new cars? That's not how it works in any racing game.
 
Hard to tell, we will have a full single player campaign and it is quite difficult for me to imagine that the number of cars will increase in the middle of the campaign. Imagine if I already finished my campaign and they would still add more new and better cars, I would no longer be able to use them. The only solution would be to start that career from scratch. So, I think the number of cars is final.
If it's anything like Sport, either they'll add new events to the campaign or bring back Seasonal Events from 5/6.
 
If it's anything like Sport, either they'll add new events to the campaign or bring back Seasonal Events from 5/6.
Yes, this could be the right solution. New dlc cars, new events for them.
 
It could be free or paid, we've had both in previous GT games, GT Sport set a new bar for the quailty and quantity of free DLC content for a racing game as far as I'm aware, but at the same time we don't have any data to show if that's viable or not going forward. Additionally, GT Sport was also spoken of pre-release as a game that would grow considerably after launch. We're not hearing the same about GT7 yet, but again there are a lot of differences between the two titles in terms of focus and volume of content at launch.

I would prefer the DLC to come thick and fast and be free as it was in GT Sport, but I'm not against developers charging for the work they do, provided it's fair.

As for DLC not being provided due to the single player campaign, I'm usure why that would be the case. New content would just slot in the game once downloaded. I'd like them to add new events over time and keep the game fresh, and not just one off race seasonal events, they can come back too (but not as an economy fix, he economy shouldn't be broken in the first place) but I'd like championships and multi-race single race events to be added in as well, fleshing out an already fleshed out game but giving people new events to tackle when they have completed everything else.
 
Last edited:
It could be free or paid, we've had both in previous GT games, GT Sport set a new bar for the quailty and quantity of free DLC content for a racing game as far as I'm aware, but at the same time we don't have any data to show if that's viable or not going forward. Additionally, GT Sport was also spoken of pre-release as a game that would grow considerably after launch. We're not hearing the same about GT7 yet, but again there are a lot of differences between the two titles in terms of focus and volume of content at launch.

I would prefer the DLC to come thick and fast and be free as it was in GT Sport, but I'm not against developers charging for the work they do, provided it's fair.

As for DLC not being provided due to the single player campaign, I'm usure why that would be the case. New content would just slot in the game once downloaded. I'd like them to add new events over time and keep the game fresh, and not just one off race seasonal events, they can come back too (but not as an economy fix, he economy shouldn't be broken in the first place) but I'd like championships and multi-race single race events to be added in as well, fleshing out an already fleshed out game but giving people new events to tackle when they have completed everything else.
We have never had paid only dlc cars or tracks that I can recall.
 
It's extremely likely they'll do the same post-launch support with DLC cars, tracks, campaign events and other features coming from free updates.

However, they'll have to be more aggressive on this strategy such as providing us with more volume in terms of cars and tracks, if they can.

It's also a given considering Sport mode is returning, and I remember hearing that with Sport mode, the game must do its best as much as possible not to split the user base (except that two cars that I know of in GT Sport, the GR Supra GT4 and the Mercedes-AMG VGT LH Edition, are extremely rare, the former can only be obtained from a survey that cannot be done anymore, and the latter via the paid Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge DLC, and only if you are really lucky enough to get all Diamond medals in there).
 
Last edited:
I miss the days where the update threads turned in to cage matches.

But honestly I hope not. I feel like they did it with GTS cause it wasn’t a complete game at launch.
 
I miss the days where the update threads turned in to cage matches.

But honestly I hope not. I feel like they did it with GTS cause it wasn’t a complete game at launch.

You hope they don't add more cars and tracks? Why?
 
It's extremely likely they'll do the same post-launch support with DLC cars, tracks, campaign events and other features coming from free updates.

However, they'll have to be more aggressive on this strategy such as providing us with more volume in terms of cars and tracks, if they can.

It's also a given considering Sport mode is returning, and I remember hearing that with Sport mode, the game must do its best as much as possible not to split the user base (except that two cars that I know of in GT Sport, the GR Supra GT4 and the Mercedes-AMG VGT LH Edition, are extremely rare, the former can only be obtained from a survey that cannot be done anymore, and the latter via the paid Lewis Hamilton Time Trial Challenge DLC, and only if you are really lucky enough to get all Diamond medals in there).
We’re getting the Supra Gr.4. Revealed at Le Mans, during the end of the GT7 trailer.
 
We’re getting the Supra Gr.4. Revealed at Le Mans, during the end of the GT7 trailer.
Also, the Mercedes-AMG VGT LH Edition is now part of the core game.
 
We have never had paid only dlc cars or tracks that I can recall.
As @MatskiMonk said, we had to pay for the DLC in GT5 both cars and tracks. There wasn't tonnes of DLC for that game, though GT6 did arrive pretty soon after.
 
Didn’t we also have to pay for paint chips?
 
You hope they don't add more cars and tracks? Why?
Let me clarify: I’m all for extra content, but the monthly updates got mentally draining after a while. I’d personally take 3-4 big updates a year than 12 small ones.
 
Let me clarify: I’m all for extra content, but the monthly updates got mentally draining after a while. I’d personally take 3-4 big updates a year than 12 small ones.
I found them exciting. And with PS5 we won't have to reinstall the entire damn game to add 5 cars. 😂
 
I hope it will be supported with free DLC's for cars, tracks and events like GT Sport, and maybe also B-Spec and track creator as an extra too.
 
I found them exciting. And with PS5 we won't have to reinstall the entire damn game to add 5 cars. 😂
I’ll file this as an unpopular opinion: I feel like half of the GTS updates were kinda useless.

I remember an update where we got pickup trucks, and I feel like we got a few cars that were different versions of existing cars.
 
I’ll file this as an unpopular opinion: I feel like half of the GTS updates were kinda useless.

I remember an update where we got pickup trucks, and I feel like we got a few cars that were different versions of existing cars.
I have my own unpopular opinions. The vision gran turismo cars were awesome and the new Sport original tracks are some of the best tracks ever made.
 
Let me clarify: I’m all for extra content, but the monthly updates got mentally draining after a while. I’d personally take 3-4 big updates a year than 12 small ones.
installing updates should be faster on ps5
 
Last edited:
I guess we will be getting the same or similar update cycle like in GTS.
Hopefully every month up to 10-12 new Cars and maybe a new Track.
 
In a word, no. It doesn't need to.

GTS launched with a paltry amount of cars and tracks compared to the competition, updating it to boost that list was almost required. GT7 is going to launch with a bigger, if not huge, amount.

So I could see a few cars here and there and a track every 3-4 months but nothing more regular than that.

As for paid or free, it's impossible to say. They have precedence for both.
 
I've seen a lot of pictures and videos of cars in GT7 we are quite familiar with from older games. I'm yet to be blown away by the new selection of cars. When car's that have been identified and confirmation of their inclusion into GT7 has been divulged to the public, I find myself less surprised and more, of 'as it should be' sentiment. I bet I sound very unappreciative right now:grumpy::lol:. For the record the recent news of a possible f12 and F8 coming to GT7 was definitely an 😲 moment. More towards the F8 though. If past games are anything to go by I'm positive PD will be wise and dish out future DLC at a fair pace.
 
I guess we will be getting the same or similar update cycle like in GTS.
Hopefully every month up to 10-12 new Cars and maybe a new Track.
With outsourcing, hopefully more, with 15, 20 or 25 cars a month. Occasional new track(s)/layout(s) can also follow too.
 
I've seen a lot of pictures and videos of cars in GT7 we are quite familiar with from older games. I'm yet to be blown away by the new selection of cars. When car's that have been identified and confirmation of their inclusion into GT7 has been divulged to the public, I find myself less surprised and more, of 'as it should be' sentiment. I bet I sound very unappreciative right now:grumpy::lol:. For the record the recent news of a possible f12 and F8 coming to GT7 was definitely an 😲 moment. More towards the F8 though. If past games are anything to go by I'm positive PD will be wise and dish out future DLC at a fair pace.
Well, that we’re one of the things I was surprised with GT Sport. Not many cars from 2017. Yes, the game was delayed and had some 2016 cars, but less than a handful from the 2017 release year. Even as the game progressed, Toyota were the only make to see current cars added. Porsche, Chevrolet and Ford, had newer cars added. Every other brand, not even Mazda(a brand partner), added an updated current model car.
 
Back