Do you think GT7 will see a similar update cycle to GT Sport?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 43 comments
Well, that we’re one of the things I was surprised with GT Sport. Not many cars from 2017. Yes, the game was delayed and had some 2016 cars, but less than a handful from the 2017 release year. Even as the game progressed, Toyota were the only make to see current cars added. Porsche, Chevrolet and Ford, had newer cars added. Every other brand, not even Mazda(a brand partner), added an updated current model car.

Yeah that was mildly disappointing. Made the game feel a bit out of date even when it was new.

I would bet my house that it will follow the same model.

People are forgetting the FIA Championship, one of the most important claims was to see the show but also to see the new content as a direct revelation, simply towards an amazing synergy.

By its permanent connection it is understood that the Sport mode will have a lot of protogonismo, therefore you cannot divide the community with DLCs.

Last edited:
Question regarding acquisition of update cars: With GT6 and GTS, because there's no UCD, you can get most of newly updated cars from get-go at the dealership for most part (except for GTS' new safety cars in December 2019 because those are MiEx's alley) - but with GT7 having both used car dealership back, how would new players get access to newly added cars that's too old for Brand Central? Assuming the UCD and BA aren't refreshed by the server...

To answer the question, I think it's highly likely. I certainly hope it'll do something similar, with free car/track add-ons every month or two, with potential new other stuff getting added like modes or campaign events. Meanwhile, much like GTS, I'm hoping the only paid DLC will be the ability to buy the cars outright with your own money, with maybe a very special event or two like the LH Challenge.

To answer the question, I think it's highly likely. I certainly hope it'll do something similar, with free car/track add-ons every month or two, with potential new other stuff getting added like modes or campaign events. Meanwhile, much like GTS, I'm hoping the only paid DLC will be the ability to buy the cars outright with your own money, with maybe a very special event or two like the LH Challenge.

The free updates are one of the very nice things about GT being a part of the Playstation brand. I was disappointed by how much of THE ACC content is locked behind several DLC paywalls. As a small dev I see why they need to do that but it's still irritating.

Question regarding acquisition of update cars: With GT6 and GTS, because there's no UCD, you can get most of newly updated cars from get-go at the dealership for most part (except for GTS' new safety cars in December 2019 because those are MiEx's alley) - but with GT7 having both used car dealership back, how would new players get access to newly added cars that's too old for Brand Central? Assuming the UCD and BA aren't refreshed by the server...
I think that if the dlc cars are too old to be added to the brand central, they will be added to the ucd and they will be cycled like the rest. Or maybe they will have like a "sponsored" tag and will be pinned until the next update arrives.

Maybe they'll add a "featured" tab based on the car's respective dealerships?

This is also another reason why all the cars in the game should be in Arcade Mode; any new cars added from updates should be added immediately for all players to get in and go.

But as for the Campaign mode, I think there should be a "featured" tab showing off these cars, whether or not they're available on any given day. (Hoping it's per "in-game" day as opposed to real time).

Well they better be updating frequently.. how can the game have no 2020 or newer cars lol
Also missing the Z32 TT and the E39 M5 such a shame if I don't get to drive those in this new game

Well they better be updating frequently.. how can the game have no 2020 or newer cars lol
Also missing the Z32 TT and the E39 M5 such a shame if I don't get to drive those in this new game

Well, my view is that they will either keep the same sort of update schedule or will speed it up even more given their outsourcing capability and the likely larger active user base. Letting people pay real money for cars might also aid in update speed given Sport didn't launch with that option.

I would bet on Free DLCs with Cars and Tracks (just like in GTS) and Paid DLCs with e.g. additional visual customisation parts for cars (like new spoilers, bumpers, wheels) and some special events with unusually huge prizes to be won (like high cash or a 10-20 mil cr. car) and additional PSN trophies.

I would really hate it if there was paid DLC other than simply unlocking cars, the only DLC we have in GT Sport is Content you can earn by grinding and that hamilton championship (which I find a hilarious DLC, overpriced and unnecessary)

The frequent free content updates in GTS kept it alive and healthy for a very long time. For a multi-player game, it's important to support the game to keep the player community interested past the initial hype at release. And because Gran Turismo games aren't released on an annual schedule like Call of Duty or Formula 1 games, those free content updates between the long release schedule are important.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back