Do you think Sport owners should have the option to import their garage?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by Magog, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Magog

Magog

I'm sure some people will want the "thrill" of starting fresh but those of us with limited time should have the option to import our garage IMO. I'm about 99% sure every Sport car will make the roster for 7.

2. 05XR8

05XR8

3. Tornado

Tornado

No reason for them to not allow it.

4. BigJimmy

BigJimmy

Why would I want to import the 200 duplicates that I have and can't be bothered to delete?

sesven, ZRO, IXON009 and 14 others like this.
  5. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

The cars you brought with real money at the PS store for GT Sport should be a DLC for GT7.

ZRO, traind, gloriousg4 and 3 others like this.
  6. 05XR8

05XR8

I dunno. Why would you want to import the 200 duplicates that you have and can't be bothered to delete?

7. happycorey

happycorey

Money. But they'll probably offer 100k to start off your GTS PSN save.

J24681357 likes this.
  8. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

I think they should be able to import their liveries.

ZRO, Animedeaf, J24681357 and 15 others like this.
  9. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

They should but they wont. The reason is there seems to be car gifting... ie. I can gift a car to one of you guys and vice versa.

The market would be flooded if we imported our 500-1,000+ car garages.

10. p78

p78

i'd like to keep my liveries, getting/winning new cars is part of the charm imo.

ZRO, J24681357, hairless_ape and 8 others like this.
  11. HarVee

HarVee

I wouldn't mind importing a few select cars, like 5 or 6 favourites and tossing the rest. It is kind of annoying to have to buy them with every new game and loose all the miles I put on them, then have to grind SSRX to get those miles back.

12. Groot

Groot

I want to start out fresh with a 90s **** box and work my way up like in previous GT games.

sesven, ZRO, alp and 21 others like this.
  13. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

I too would like to start from the bottom and work my way up.

14. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

I didn't use any real money to buy cars in GTS, but if the option to import your garage existed I probably wouldn't use it. Kind of defeats the purpose of playing through a Gran Turismo game in the first place.

I do support the idea of importing DLC cars from GT Sport and liveries/decals over to the new game.

ZRO, Animedeaf, Racerbeaz and 9 others like this.
  15. Nismonath5

Nismonath5

No, for the same reason it wasn't possible to transfer cars from GT5 to GT6. New game, everyone starts at square one.

16. Tornado

Tornado

Then don't use it.

So they could charge money for it?

This hardline stance against people people wanting to shortcut the early GT Mode grind was ridiculous back in the GT5 days when it was used to defend how PD reneged on the promised garage import from GT5: P, but it's patently absurd to act like this fits now when PD has put microtransactions into their past two games.

mastergracie, Imari, ASH32 and 3 others like this.
  17. Nismonath5

Nismonath5

Money is what keeps companies running, yes. I've never seen a studio make something funded with likes and positive reviews.

18. DefNotJake

DefNotJake

Can't wait to use my Tomahawk in the Sunday cup and lap every car in the field 5 times.

In all seriousness, I say yes they should, but only after the player gets past a certain point in a campaign. I feel like too many people coming from Sport who have never played a normal GT game, would rob themselves of the fun 'humble beginnings' experience of GT mode without ever realizing what they were doing...

Food for thought.

19. MordFustang88

MordFustang88

On PS2 if you had a GT3 save game and bought GT Concept Tokyo Geneva, you could activate a credit bonus to be transfered to your GT3 save game.

I think something similar will be done.

Animedeaf likes this.
  20. 05XR8

05XR8

It could be done for GT4 as well. I had a certain amount of Cr transferred from my game save. Like below.

fikridroid likes this.
  21. hardvibes

hardvibes

If the economy system will still be crap (grinding forever to get a 5 to 20mil cr car, especially if you have a life) yes of course.

Right now I'm grinding in GTS to get stupid mileage points in exchange for power/weight upgrades and paint chips.
    POWER/WEIGHT UPGRADES AND PAINT CHIPS!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    fikridroid likes this.
  22. VBR

VBR Premium

Definitely yes! I don't like Grind Turismo as an offline game, I wanna go race online as soon as possible just like I could in GT5. That game had plenty of Recommended cars for one make racing & hundreds of cars in Shuffle mode, all available at the start of the game without ever having to jump through any unwanted offline hoops.

:tup:

23. Samus

Samus

Ah, it's interesting that once again some people say they need progression/car unlocking to make the career mode worthwhile.

Aren't you just admitting that the racing bit as it is now isn't fun?

J24681357, ShiftingGears and Imari like this.
  24. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Players that have limited playtime when GT7 comes out, should not have the option to import their garage. Just because a player can only play a very limited time a day, and they want to get ahead start in a game is so wrong.

25. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

So your are saying that GT has never had fun racing, since it's always required progression?

26. Samus

Samus

Why? Because you said so? Didn't you say you bought the GTS cars from the store, which are literally for that exact purpose? Contradictory much?

Pretty much. If you were given all the required cars at the start of any game, would you still be motivated to play through all the races? Just for the fun of it? Because the people above seem to be suggesting they wouldn't....

Imari and hardvibes like this.
  27. hardvibes

hardvibes

Lol, now I remember why I ignored fordlaser's comments.

28. Tornado

Tornado

I'm pretty sure the millions of copies that the games have all sold is what provides that money. Not charging money to approximate functionality that they used to provide for free so people can act like PD actually cares about "everyone starts at square one."

"so wrong" :lol:

You should probably tell that to PD so they stop offering people the option to exchange money to get a head start the game before you trot it out like it's a moral dilemma to allow people to get a head start in the game as a reward for owning the previous game.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  29. Famine

Famine Administrator

Yes, they should just use a glitch to cheat their way to money before it gets patched out. That's the right way to do it when the game comes out and they want to "get ahead start", isn't it?

J24681357, Racerbeaz, Imari and 3 others like this.
  30. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

If you've never enjoyed the racing perhaps Gran Turismo isn't the franchise you are looking for then.

Gaining enjoyment from a structured system of effort and reward is no more or less valid than, gaining enjoyment from an unstructured system of effort and reward. And neither have an affect on how pleasurable the driving/racing is. You seem to be implying otherwise.

That would probably depend on how they implement the rest of the game. Based on GTSport, it wouldn't change how I approach the campaign races. My hope is GT7 does not implement things the same way as GT Sport though.

Victoria H likes this.