Do you think Sport owners should have the option to import their garage?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 304 comments
They should but they wont. The reason is there seems to be car gifting... ie. I can gift a car to one of you guys and vice versa.

The market would be flooded if we imported our 500-1,000+ car garages.

I wouldn't mind importing a few select cars, like 5 or 6 favourites and tossing the rest. It is kind of annoying to have to buy them with every new game and loose all the miles I put on them, then have to grind SSRX to get those miles back.

I didn't use any real money to buy cars in GTS, but if the option to import your garage existed I probably wouldn't use it. Kind of defeats the purpose of playing through a Gran Turismo game in the first place.

I do support the idea of importing DLC cars from GT Sport and liveries/decals over to the new game.

I want to start out fresh with a 90s **** box and work my way up like in previous GT games.
I too would like to start from the bottom and work my way up.
p78
i'd like to keep my liveries, getting/winning new cars is part of the charm imo.
Then don't use it.

No, for the same reason it wasn't possible to transfer cars from GT5 to GT6.
So they could charge money for it?

New game, everyone starts at square one.
This hardline stance against people people wanting to shortcut the early GT Mode grind was ridiculous back in the GT5 days when it was used to defend how PD reneged on the promised garage import from GT5: P, but it's patently absurd to act like this fits now when PD has put microtransactions into their past two games.

Can't wait to use my Tomahawk in the Sunday cup and lap every car in the field 5 times.

In all seriousness, I say yes they should, but only after the player gets past a certain point in a campaign. I feel like too many people coming from Sport who have never played a normal GT game, would rob themselves of the fun 'humble beginnings' experience of GT mode without ever realizing what they were doing...

Food for thought.

If the economy system will still be crap (grinding forever to get a 5 to 20mil cr car, especially if you have a life) yes of course.

Right now I'm grinding in GTS to get stupid mileage points in exchange for power/weight upgrades and paint chips.
POWER/WEIGHT UPGRADES AND PAINT CHIPS!!!!!!

Last edited:
Definitely yes! I don't like Grind Turismo as an offline game, I wanna go race online as soon as possible just like I could in GT5. That game had plenty of Recommended cars for one make racing & hundreds of cars in Shuffle mode, all available at the start of the game without ever having to jump through any unwanted offline hoops.

👍

Players that have limited playtime when GT7 comes out, should not have the option to import their garage. Just because a player can only play a very limited time a day, and they want to get ahead start in a game is so wrong.

Players that have limited playtime when GT7 comes out, should not have the option to import their garage. Just because a player can only play a very limited time a day, and they want to get ahead start in a game is so wrong.

Why? Because you said so? Didn't you say you bought the GTS cars from the store, which are literally for that exact purpose? Contradictory much?

So your are saying that GT has never had fun racing, since it's always required progression?

Pretty much. If you were given all the required cars at the start of any game, would you still be motivated to play through all the races? Just for the fun of it? Because the people above seem to be suggesting they wouldn't....

Money is what keeps companies running, yes. I've never seen a studio make something funded with likes and positive reviews.
I'm pretty sure the millions of copies that the games have all sold is what provides that money. Not charging money to approximate functionality that they used to provide for free so people can act like PD actually cares about "everyone starts at square one."

"so wrong" :lol:

You should probably tell that to PD so they stop offering people the option to exchange money to get a head start the game before you trot it out like it's a moral dilemma to allow people to get a head start in the game as a reward for owning the previous game.

Last edited:
Yes, they should just use a glitch to cheat their way to money before it gets patched out. That's the right way to do it when the game comes out and they want to "get ahead start", isn't it?

Pretty much.

If you've never enjoyed the racing perhaps Gran Turismo isn't the franchise you are looking for then.

Gaining enjoyment from a structured system of effort and reward is no more or less valid than, gaining enjoyment from an unstructured system of effort and reward. And neither have an affect on how pleasurable the driving/racing is. You seem to be implying otherwise.

If you were given all the required cars at the start of any game, would you still be motivated to play through all the races? Just for the fun of it? Because the people above seem to be suggesting they wouldn't....

That would probably depend on how they implement the rest of the game. Based on GTSport, it wouldn't change how I approach the campaign races. My hope is GT7 does not implement things the same way as GT Sport though.

Back