Do you think Standard Cars in GT7 should be separate downloadable content?

Do you think Standart Cars in GT7 should be separate DLC?

• Yes

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • No

Votes: 45 58.4%

• Total voters
A good question is, If graphics quality do not have any importance then why release gt7 on ps4? Just release it on ps3 and we all save 400 odd bucks. If the answer is more processing power for physics well then downgrade all the content to ps2 quality graphics wise and that should give ps3 some nice elbow room for physics and the like...

No I am not stuck on repeat, it is the right thing to say about the standard cars.
There's no right or wrong in this case. Just opinions and they do not equal as facts. I try to avoid that. Anyway, I think you're missing the point that it is and/or might be hurting the series in a way or another down the line. I don't for a second believe reviewers, fans and casuals will give the whole Standard versus Premium circus a pass as they've previously done and rightfully so. People clearly aren't upgrading to next-gen to experience what Gran Turismo had to offer on the PS2.

As for the topic at hand, I'd prefer an option where standard cars aren't part of the racing field - although I do realize it's highly unlikely - rather than being offered as an optional DLC as not everyone has that ''luxury''.

There's no right or wrong in this case. Just opinions and they do not equal as facts. I try to avoid that. Anyway, I think you're missing the point that it is and/or might be hurting the series in a way or another down the line. I don't for a second believe reviewers, fans and casuals will give the whole Standard versus Premium circus a pass as they've previously done and rightfully so. People clearly aren't upgrading to next-gen to experience what Gran Turismo had to offer on the PS2.

As for the topic at hand, I'd prefer an option where standard cars aren't part of the racing field - although I do realize it's highly unlikely - rather than being offered as an optional DLC as not everyone has that ''luxury''.
The only option is to leave them in the dealership and then it will make the both sides happy because if you want to use them well use them and if you do not want to use them well then don't use them.

The only option is to leave them in the dealership and then it will make the both sides happy because if you want to use them well use them and if you do not want to use them well then don't use them.
They can collect dust in the dealership for all I care, but I'd prefer to not see them at all outside the dealership, during racing. I suppose that could be another option.

Yeah, I really would love to download 800 cars even though it's completely possible to NOT USE THEM!

...how many times exactly did you think about this?

They can collect dust in the dealership for all I care, but I'd prefer to not see them at all outside the dealership, during racing. I suppose that could be another option.
All we want is a good racing game but sadly we did not get that in GT6.

So the thing this thread was started to propose isn't an option? The similar concept of a user selection when the game starts to not have them utilized in GT Life (a "GT3/GT5: P Mode," if you will) isn't an option?

The only option is to include them, because that way everyone automatically wins even though the theory that entire idea hinges on regarding how you won't need to use them if you don't want might not hold true? I have a good idea how you'll respond (see: "Stuck on repeat"), but why is pleasing one specific group the only option for PD to take regarding an increasingly divisive issue?

Last edited:
So the thing this thread was started to propose isn't an option? The similar concept of a user selection when the game starts to not have them utilized in GT Life (a "GT3/GT5: P Mode," if you will) isn't an option?

The only option is to include them, because that way everyone automatically wins even though the theory that entire idea hinges on regarding how you won't need to use them if you don't want might not hold true? I have a good idea how you'll respond (see: "Stuck on repeat"), but why is pleasing one group the only option for PD to take regarding an increasingly divisive issue?
But I can not see any other options other than in the car dealership where the belong in the game.

That still isn't an answer to the question. It isn't an answer to the question no matter which variation of the same topic (improving Standard car graphics quality, removing duplicate cars, offering a player selection to prevent Standards from appearing in the game) you repeatly post it in.

Why is leaving all Standard cars in the game the only option for PD to take when making GT7?

Last edited:
That still isn't an answer to the question. It isn't an answer to the question no matter which variation of the same topic (improving Standard car graphics quality, removing duplicate cars, offering a player selection to prevent Standards from appearing in the game) you repeatly post it in.

Why is leaving all Standard cars in the game the only option for PD to take when making GT7?
Because it is the only option for the cars in the dealership and no where else for them.

Except, no, it's not, it never was in any of the other instances where you said the same inane non-argument ad nauseum, and several examples were just provided that showed why it needn't be; though by all means don't let your inability to read get in the way of the game of Mad Libs you try to play any time anything remotely related to the topic of Standard cars comes up.

Tor, why do you have to be so strange? Why not offer another option that works for everyone? Then again, the only thing I can think of is to make it an optional install, because as others have said, some people don't have easy access to broadband.

Having the Standards off in their own dealership would be quick and painless, and no one would have to visit that bad part of town. :D

I still can't believe that some of you don't even want to see a Standard car. I have a Jewish friend who is about that strange over a lot of things - am currently producing his album project, so I spend a certain amount of time with him. But that time spent with him is beginning to wear me down. Being so hostile to something so trivial makes me feel the same way.

Tor, why do you have to be so strange? Why not offer another option that works for everyone? Then again, the only thing I can think of is to make it an optional install, because as others have said, some people don't have easy access to broadband.
Oh, you mean like that thing I already said:
a user selection when the game starts to not have them utilized in GT Life (a "GT3/GT5: P Mode," if you will)
Which hall90 has been going out of his way to argue against since his first post in the thread?

What was originally proposed is making Standards DLC. Sorry, but I still don't get what you're suggesting, unless it's the same thing hall90 is. I think like people ask of me sometimes, more clarity would be good.

Aside from those who roundly hate the standards and never want to see them again... @TokoTurismo. :D

I'd personally prefer the standards to ship with the game, but you can't please everybody. This is about as close as you can get to solving the whole "keep or remove standards" debate while keeping everyone happy.

(btw, Toko, I was just picking at you. No harm intended. :P)

For those that don't have internet PD should just ship second disc with GT7 labeled standard cars be done with it. Solve everyone's problems.

I still know this won't be heard, but also feel this won't end too well regarding the standards issue.

In real life if you walk or drive past a caryard that has a lot of cars in it and you will see all different type of cars from new to the older cars in the same caryard and that should apply to the game car dealership as well and I had never gone to a caryard and ask the salesman where are your older cars and he said they are behind the fence at the rear of the caryard so know one can not see them and that sort of thing dose not happen so please accept them in the car dealership in the game because they are doing no harm being in their.

In real life if you walk or drive past a caryard that has a lot of cars in it and you will see all different type of cars from new to the older cars in the same caryard and that should apply to the game car dealership as well and I had never gone to a caryard and ask the salesman where are your older cars and he said they are behind the fence at the rear of the caryard so know one can not see them and that sort of thing dose not happen so please accept them in the car dealership in the game because they are doing no harm being in their.

When you go to a dealership all of the cars have interiors, they do not have jaggies, etc. They are different cars from different years but they are all a full car. Unless you go to a junk yard but that is a different story.

We are not talking about real life cars, we are talking about 3d models that REPRESENT cars. Those 3d models in standards are around 10 years old. That is a lot considering the IT world and gaming in general moves at exponential rates.

What you say also does not make sense in the way that people who don't like standards do happen to like old cars as well, provided they are correctly fully modeled. For instance Mario Andretti's Hudson is beautiful, it's an old car but fully done.

To finish up I think it is totally disrespectful to the original designers and makers of the original cars to have those cars being represented in such a poor fashion.

When you go to a dealership all of the cars have interiors, they do not have jaggies, etc. They are different cars from different years but they are all a full car. Unless you go to a junk yard but that is a different story.

We are not talking about real life cars, we are talking about 3d models that REPRESENT cars. Those 3d models in standards are around 10 years old. That is a lot considering the IT world and gaming in general moves at exponential rates.

What you say also does not make sense in the way that people who don't like standards do happen to like old cars as well, provided they are correctly fully modeled. For instance Mario Andretti's Hudson is beautiful, it's an old car but fully done.

To finish up I think it is totally disrespectful to the original designers and makers of the original cars to have those cars being represented in such a poor fashion.
Look you can not please everyone on this issue some people like them and some people do not like them the only way to settle this issue is to have them in the car dealership and if you do not want to use them well Don't and if you want to use them well use them.

Look you can not please everyone on this issue some people like them and some people do not like them the only way to settle this issue is to have them in the car dealership and if you do not want to use them well Don't and if you want to use them well use them.
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Not only was that the longest sentence I have ever seen in my life, but it was also the longest sentence I have seen with the most misuses of there/they're/their, know/no, and complete disregard for quotation marks!
You are winner;

People should buy GT7 by giving PD 20 per cent of the total amount in "Premium" money and what's left in "standard" money. By standard money I mean just grab a piece of paper and write your own notes/bills. Also buyers should give the "Premium money" in a "future update".

Reported for abuse of the English language. :eek:

It's hard to tell from all of your posts, but it sounds like you don't mind standard cars in the game because they don't do any harm. But what good do they lend to the game? If they were all made premium would any harm be done to the game?

FatTyre pretty much summed up the entire issue with that other post. It's a 3D game I'm kind of expecting some graphical consistency especially on PS4.

This is my final say on this issue.

Just leave the Standard Cars in the dealership because they are not hurting anyone or anything being in their.

Back