Do you think Standard Cars in GT7 should be separate downloadable content?

Do you think Standart Cars in GT7 should be separate DLC?

• Yes

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • No

Votes: 45 58.4%

• Total voters
So you can't make it better just because it's not actively harmful? GT1 wasn't hurting anyone but if PD had that attitude we'd still be stuck playing GT1.

Can you we just put this as a sticky or just on the front page.

This is my final say on this issue.

Just leave the Standard Cars in the dealership because they are not hurting anyone or anything being in their.
I know this is your final say and all but assuming for a minute that your strategy of leaving the standards in the game is a good one, why do you think no other game developer has adopted this strategy? When you buy Call of Duty 35 why don't they just include all the missions from all the previous games regardless of visual quality? Why doesn't Mario Kart just throw in all the tracks and cars from Mario Kart 1-7 to up the content level?

Being in their what?

Just a tip for you. People whose English is as bad as yours are probably better off writing in a smaller font. 💡
Agreed, I was like...

funniest-gifs-2013-cotton-candy.gif
:nervous:

Nah no standards just make em all premiums and we will never have to use those two terms again, just a fleeting memory in the pd ps3 struggle era as all cars could be equal this time, problem solved.:P well hopefully ps4 is capable of that and then some.

Nah no standards just make em all premiums and we will never have to use those two terms again, just a fleeting memory in the pd ps3 struggle era as all cars could be equal this time, problem solved.:P well hopefully ps4 is capable of that and then some.
We just have to wait and see how GT7 goes on PS4.The console should be capable of that and then some as like you said. 👍

^Exactly 👍, make a filter or option where you can choose to play the game with or without standards.

Make it where you can choose to install the standard cars, make it where standard cars have their own dealership, and make it where the Ai will never use standard cars.

^Exactly 👍, make a filter or option where you can choose to play the game with or without standards.

Make it where you can choose to install the standard cars, make it where standard cars have their own dealership, and make it where the Ai will never use standard cars.

It's that simple, but people want to keep status-quo afraid of change because losing one car is the difference between a failed game and complete game.

I remember back in 2005/6, when Polyphony were working on the cancelled Gran Turismo HD, they were planning to release two games: one would have been essentially GT4 remastered on the PS3 (the 'standard' cars and PS2 graphics), whilst the second game (the demo that we were left with and that is now hard to find) showed the capabilities of the then next gen consoles (the 'premium' cars and PS3 graphics)

I honestly think that this would be the best solution to this problem as well as a few others: Create a retro, old-school GT consisting of the standard cars that caters to the nostalgic and those who admire their favourite (standard) cars, and alongside that create a modern GT consisting of the fully detailed cars that will show off the true capabilities of the next-gen.

Just putting it out there...

Hey, great idea, it'll free up some space on the Blu-Ray! By which I mean, just put them on the disc and offer an install / in-game option, rather than add barriers needlessly. Flaming NIMBYs.

It's that simple, but people want to keep status-quo afraid of change because losing one car is the difference between a failed game and complete game.
Except that, with that option, nobody would actually lose any cars.

I remember back in 2005/6, when Polyphony were working on the cancelled Gran Turismo HD, they were planning to release two games: one would have been essentially GT4 remastered on the PS3 (the 'standard' cars and PS2 graphics), whilst the second game (the demo that we were left with and that is now hard to find) showed the capabilities of the then next gen consoles (the 'premium' cars and PS3 graphics)

I honestly think that this would be the best solution to this problem as well as a few others: Create a retro, old-school GT consisting of the standard cars that caters to the nostalgic and those who admire their favourite (standard) cars, and alongside that create a modern GT consisting of the fully detailed cars that will show off the true capabilities of the next-gen.

Just putting it out there...
I think there's a good reason PD / Sony pulled the plug. If the two games play differently, you're putting different players into different pots, and potentially dividing them over several aspects of both games, meaning neither game really offers what they want.

If you're going to make two games, offer all cars in both. Add the option of hiding the "ugly" cars if it's necessary, and let's all move on.

Hey, great idea, it'll free up some space on the Blu-Ray! By which I mean, just put them on the disc and offer an install / in-game option, rather than add barriers needlessly. Flaming NIMBYs.

I think there's a good reason PD / Sony pulled the plug. If the two games play differently, you're putting different players into different pots, and potentially dividing them over several aspects of both games, meaning neither game really offers what they want.

If you're going to make two games, offer all cars in both. Add the option of hiding the "ugly" cars if it's necessary, and let's all move on.
That "ugly" issue, just reminded me, Top Gear actually photoshops ugly men in the background of the show so that they look like women, if BBC hide lugly-ish-ness" on humans, why don't pd do it on virtual cars? Oh, and this whole standard car issues lately has reminded me why I stopped playing Fifa... See, I live in Portugal, and of course, once I got Fifa 11 I went to start a career with my favorite club, and I was imidieatly disappointed at how bad the players faces looked like when compared to what I'd saw in the trailers... Later on, playing with Chelsea, I could believe my-self, at how detailed the players faces looked like in the English leagues... Basically, what PD has been doing since 2010 has been done by EA since The Lord knows when

Lol don't even remember that I made this post, but didn't mean to quote him. My point still stands though most people get butt-hurt over one car being lost when eventually it might make it's return yeah some don't come back SO WHAT pick another of 1196 cars instead of 1197. Again as others pointed out rather have a game with 400 cars heck or 200 cars fully detailed to include all GT6 missing features and such instead of whatever this game is suppose to be.

Lol don't even remember that I made this post, but didn't mean to quote him. My point still stands though most people get butt-hurt over one car being lost when eventually it might make it's return yeah some don't come back SO WHAT pick another of 1196 cars instead of 1197. Again as others pointed out rather have a game with 400 cars heck or 200 cars fully detailed to include all GT6 missing features and such instead of whatever this game is suppose to be.
That argument applies to any car you don't like.

I don't see how car count is impacting the missing features, though. Plenty of people make that connection, but no-one explains it when challenged.

Surely spending more time to make something that doesn't exist (the 200 super detailed cars that some imagined "majority" wants) will take time away from PD continuing in the direction its headed with the car roster, and actually getting somewhere with it. Wouldn't that be something special?

Also there's the fact that both would have been released simultaneously/close to one another

I think the other problem is that people (and reviewers) are exaggerating the importance of car count, and games of the genre are being judges by it (this is what i've noticed in reviews and comparisons, etc). And whilst there's nothing wrong with having many cars or exotic cars, the fact of the matter is that its quality over quantity...

That argument applies to any car you don't like.

I don't see how car count is impacting the missing features, though. Plenty of people make that connection, but no-one explains it when challenged.

Surely spending more time to make something that doesn't exist (the 200 super detailed cars that some imagined "majority" wants) will take time away from PD continuing in the direction its headed with the car roster, and actually getting somewhere with it. Wouldn't that be something special?

Actually I don't think it takes rocket science to figure that out they've probably got 75% or more of the team working on detailing cars. I mean when you're putting eggs in one basket as the case with PD yeah it's not that hard to see I mean hence in GT5 we had a course creator and damage, but now GT6 we don't have them at least with damage I don't think we have it to the extent like GT5.

I never said didn't like any car either in fact I like every car, but what I don't like is someone giving me possibly 600 cars from 2 generations ago it's like someone giving you leftovers of 4 month old pizza. Which we can all do without hence those 400-600 possible standard cars I can do without.

Also there's the fact that both would have been released simultaneously/close to one another

I think the other problem is that people (and reviewers) are exaggerating the importance of car count, and games of the genre are being judges by it (this is what i've noticed in reviews and comparisons, etc). And whilst there's nothing wrong with having many cars or exotic cars, the fact of the matter is that its quality over quantity...
I don't particularly care about car count per se, so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me so much.

What I do care about is having the specific cars I like, just like most people. The more cars in the game, statistically speaking, the more chance I have of getting what I want - but, and crucially, that applies to everyone at the same time. And since my tastes are eclectic and somewhat divorced from the self-appointed majority's own collective taste, that only happens rarely. If the game had fewer cars, then it simply cannot cater to as wide a selection of tastes.

So, this is why I'm happy for PD to continue to add cars I never realised I liked.
Actually I don't think it takes rocket science to figure that out they've probably got 75% or more of the team working on detailing cars. I mean when you're putting eggs in one basket as the case with PD yeah it's not that hard to see I mean hence in GT5 we had a course creator and damage, but now GT6 we don't have them at least with damage I don't think we have it to the extent like GT5.

I never said didn't like any car either in fact I like every car, but what I don't like is someone giving me possibly 600 cars from 2 generations ago it's like someone giving you leftovers of 4 month old pizza. Which we can all do without hence those 400-600 possible standard cars I can do without.
It's all a matter of perception. And stop making unsubstantiated claims (there are about 60 car modelers, so less than half of the team), that's what we fell out over last time, remember. Besides, I have no idea what it is you're trying to say, aside from "I want this, so you're wrong".

PD are not approaching the Standards the same way in GT6 as they did in GT5, that should be expected to continue for GT7. My personal prediction is that all the cars will have detailed exteriors, and only about half of them will have interiors.

I don't particularly care about car count per se, so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me so much.

What I do care about is having the specific cars I like, just like most people. The more cars in the game, statistically speaking, the more chance I have of getting what I want - but, and crucially, that applies to everyone at the same time. And since my tastes are eclectic and somewhat divorced from the self-appointed majority's own collective taste, that only happens rarely. If the game had fewer cars, then it simply cannot cater to as wide a selection of tastes.

So, this is why I'm happy for PD to continue to add cars I never realised I liked.

It's all a matter of perception. And stop making unsubstantiated claims (there are about 60 car modelers, so less than half of the team), that's what we fell out over last time, remember. Besides, I have no idea what it is you're trying to say, aside from "I want this, so you're wrong".

PD are not approaching the Standards the same way in GT6 as they did in GT5, that should be expected to continue for GT7. My personal prediction is that all the cars will have detailed exteriors, and only about half of them will have interiors.

Dude you keep saying stop making this unrealistic claims when they aren't even that far out of the ballpark. Someone on here don't know if it was this thread or another had already said what the employee count was or close to for Codemasters, Turn 10, and PD think it was 800 for Codies, 300 for T10 and eithe around 250 for PD, and as of right now looking at T10 they may have well over 400-500 because that 300 count was done at the time of FM3.

Again if the standards aren't at least up to a PS3.5 level man there is no point hence the 4 month old pizza reference that's what it feels like.

If we have to take a hit for one outing of GT with a lower car count to produce the best GT after that I'm willing to take that chance, look what happened to GT3-GT4 the amount of difference between the two is astounding. Because instead of putting eggs in the car count basket with GT3 we got a gazillion more features plus the cars with GT4

Dude you keep saying stop making this unrealistic claims when they aren't even that far out of the ballpark. Someone on here don't know if it was this thread or another had already said what the employee count was or close to for Codemasters, Turn 10, and PD think it was 800 for Codies, 300 for T10 and eithe around 250 for PD, and as of right now looking at T10 they may have well over 400-500 because that 300 count was done at the time of FM3.

Again if the standards aren't at least up to a PS3.5 level man there is no point hence the 4 month old pizza reference that's what it feels like.

If we have to take a hit for one outing of GT with a lower car count to produce the best GT after that I'm willing to take that chance, look what happened to GT3-GT4 the amount of difference between the two is astounding. Because instead of putting eggs in the car count basket with GT3 we got a gazillion more features plus the cars with GT4
So you're just regurgitating "facts" without checking them for yourself, passing them off as indisputable, and wondering why I'm pulling you up on it? Not only that, you're completely abusing what "facts" you think you know: how is 60 out of 250 "75%"?

And what's a PS3.5 level?

I like the superstition that having much less content in a game opens up the potential for having much more content in the next game, somehow. That's almost a circular argument.

Again, demonstrate that the car count is the principle cause for GT6 not having its full advertised feature complement (or more) at launch.

So you're just regurgitating "facts" without checking them for yourself, passing them off as indisputable, and wondering why I'm pulling you up on it? Not only that, you're completely abusing what "facts" you think you know: how is 60 out of 250 "75%"?

And what's a PS3.5 level?

I like the superstition that having much less content in a game opens up the potential for having much more content in the next game, somehow. That's almost a circular argument.

Again, demonstrate that the car count is the principle cause for GT6 not having its full advertised feature complement (or more) at launch.

So you want real facts? Well eat this PD only has 271(That's as of right now) employees I never said 60 out of 250 is 75% I just said 75% of the employees are probably detailing the cars. Or that at least over half are working on cars

PS3.5 just means around midway through a generation you have games like Resistance FOM at the beginning then Uncharted 2 in the middle and The Last of Us or GTA V at the end each looks different graphically, and gameplay wise.

Same thing with racing games.

I also like the fact you believe more content = better game which clearly isn't the case here. That's been the case with GT5 and now GT6.

Again this isn't rocket science with GT5 and now GT6 they have heavily focused on PREMIUM CARS that's pretty much a given you can almost tell given the lack of attention to adding races for these cars.

Loved both GT3-4 for the fact that every car had a chance to shine had this been the case with GT5-6 I wouldn't have said anything about the car count, but as it stands right now more cars IMO has been a thorn in PD's backside now.

Last edited:

👍 Pretty much took the words right out of my mouth

...Or never realised existed (or thought up) either

So you want real facts? Well eat this PD only has 271(That's as of right now) employees I never said 60 out of 250 is 75% I just said 75% of the employees are probably detailing the cars. Or that at least over half are working on cars

What? 75% of 271 is just over 200. So there are 200 people "detailing cars", but there are only 60 car modelers? Stop making stuff up.

PS3.5 just means around midway through a generation you have games like Resistance FOM at the beginning then Uncharted 2 in the middle and The Last of Us or GTA V at the end each looks different graphically, and gameplay wise.

Same thing with racing games.

Uh, OK. You know those games all look different from each other, though, right? It's not one "level".

I also like the fact you believe more content = better game which clearly isn't the case here. That's been the case with GT5 and now GT6.

Nowhere did I say that. That's something else we fell out over in the past. Stop making stuff up.

Again this isn't rocket science with GT5 and now GT6 they have heavily focused on PREMIUM CARS that's pretty much a given you can almost tell given the lack of attention to adding races for these cars.

How does removing Standards improve that situation? And if they're focused on those cars, just why aren't they adding events for them? You cannot even wield basic logic, yet you're convinced you're right!

Loved both GT3-4 for the fact that every car had a chance to shine had this been the case with GT5-6 I wouldn't have said anything about the car count, but as it stands right now more cars IMO has been a thorn in PD's backside now.
So because there aren't enough events to cover all the cars, you think that removing cars is the answer, when GT4 had fewer cars but still had far more events despite there being far fewer staff at that time? Illogical, once again.

The fix for the lack of events is to add more events, which (as GT4 showed) has nothing to do with the car count. What you'll probably find is that PD noticed people weren't completing the game, or were intimidated by its sheer size, so tried to make it friendlier. It's not all about you, remember.

This is why people have been asking for different modes, e.g. a sandbox, which I'd support wholeheartedly. You know why I support that? Because it allows the game to appeal to more players, instead of fewer, like your suggestions would.

What? 75% of 271 is just over 200. So there are 200 people "detailing cars", but there are only 60 car modelers? Stop making stuff up.

Uh, OK. You know those games all look different from each other, though, right? It's not one "level".

Nowhere did I say that. That's something else we fell out over in the past. Stop making stuff up.

How does removing Standards improve that situation? And if they're focused on those cars, just why aren't they adding events for them? You cannot even wield basic logic, yet you're convinced you're right!

So because there aren't enough events to cover all the cars, you think that removing cars is the answer, when GT4 had fewer cars but still had far more events despite there being far fewer staff at that time? Illogical, once again.

The fix for the lack of events is to add more events, which (as GT4 showed) has nothing to do with the car count. What you'll probably find is that PD noticed people weren't completing the game, or were intimidated by its sheer size, so tried to make it friendlier. It's not all about you, remember.

This is why people have been asking for different modes, e.g. a sandbox, which I'd support wholeheartedly. You know why I support that? Because it allows the game to appeal to more players, instead of fewer, like your suggestions would.

You're the King at making up BS dude as far as the PS3.5 thing it's just a reference to say middle of a generation that's it WHAT IS THIS ABOUT LEVELS!

You say I can't wield basic logic take a look into the mirror my friend. I'm just saying that removing the standards means they can focus on other areas instead of worrying about car counting.

ARE YOU STUPID! Having those events in GT4 is what made that game EACH CAR HAD SOME/ENOUGH LIME LIGHT to at least justify them being in the game Which in GT5/6 they don't.

Got any proof to back that up as far as I'm concerned with PD since they blundered the Nascar/WRC/Course Maker stuff so far let's add another area for them to do the same as well.

You're the King at making up BS dude as far as the PS3.5 thing it's just a reference to say middle of a generation that's it WHAT IS THIS ABOUT LEVELS!

You say I can't wield basic logic take a look into the mirror my friend. I'm just saying that removing the standards means they can focus on other areas instead of worrying about car counting.
How is that so?

ARE YOU STUPID! Having those events in GT4 is what made that game EACH CAR HAD SOME/ENOUGH LIME LIGHT to at least justify them being in the game Which in GT5/6 they don't.

No, that does not make sense. So because there isn't a bespoke event for every single car (which there wasn't even in GT2), those "neglected" cars should be removed? That's absurd! That is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Got any proof to back that up as far as I'm concerned with PD since they blundered the Nascar/WRC/Course Maker stuff so far let's add another area for them to do the same as well.
PD would make as many events as they could if their sole aim was to make as many events as they can. What reason is there, that with more staff, they can only manage a small fraction of the total events?

Back