Do you think Standard Cars in GT7 should be separate downloadable content?

Do you think Standart Cars in GT7 should be separate DLC?

• Yes

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • No

Votes: 45 58.4%

• Total voters
Still little kids get there hands on pre ordered cars, makes me wanna take there cars.
I've never seen a kid on one of them, I think kids should be banned of GT, what do they even know about cars to begin with? Also, I pre-ordered it, therefore I can mock whoever doesn't have them, muahahahahaha... I'm a GT fan, I will pre-order it regardless of what I get lol

I've never seen a kid on one of them, I think kids should be banned of GT, what do they even know about cars to begin with? Also, I pre-ordered it, therefore I can mock whoever doesn't have them, muahahahahaha... I'm a GT fan, I will pre-order it regardless of what I get lol

there should be age limit 14 and up, for online use, getting tried of Sqeaker internet trolls.

Last edited:
How is that so?

No, that does not make sense. So because there isn't a bespoke event for every single car (which there wasn't even in GT2), those "neglected" cars should be removed? That's absurd! That is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

PD would make as many events as they could if their sole aim was to make as many events as they can. What reason is there, that with more staff, they can only manage a small fraction of the total events?

Right................listen I'm not even entertaining this any longer if you want to talk at all just PM me this has become redundant.

In other words you can't argue your point, yet again.

No in other words you're an idiot, and aren't worth arguing with you never argued a point just made yourself a complete a**wipe.

The only thing gathered from your posts and others from you I've seen is MORE, MORE, MORE is better that's all. I mean for pete's sake if you don't realize they've put their eggs into one basket you're a bigger idiot than I could imagine maybe 200 of the 271 aren't working on the cars, but it's a majority when you can tell me where B-spec, Course Maker, and practically the rest of the game is I'll be listening until then saying this now, but as we approach 1 year I've never seen a game so rushed in my life. Oh and just so you know I know you can't tell me.

In another post how could they remove standards to focus on another area are you kidding me you can't understand THAT!? Still goes back to the eggs in a basket reference instead of spreading it evenly they've dumped it in one area you can at least see that with GT6 there is no denying it because most other features are piss poor except Photo Mode, and I don't even know if Photo Mode is better on 5 or 6.

Yet in the same post talking about GT4 you say it's absurd to have certain cars gone and cutting off my own nose. It's not, again in GT4 so many events Rally Cars had a chance to shine, Race Cars, Sports Cars, and everyday cars. Honestly had I play it properly back in the day or now(If I had a PS2 :() I would have come close to the 600 or 700 cars in that game.

No in other words you're an idiot, and aren't worth arguing with you never argued a point just made yourself a complete a**wipe.

The only thing gathered from your posts and others from you I've seen is MORE, MORE, MORE is better that's all. I mean for pete's sake if you don't realize they've put their eggs into one basket you're a bigger idiot than I could imagine maybe 200 of the 271 aren't working on the cars, but it's a majority when you can tell me where B-spec, Course Maker, and practically the rest of the game is I'll be listening until then saying this now, but as we approach 1 year I've never seen a game so rushed in my life. Oh and just so you know I know you can't tell me.

In another post how could they remove standards to focus on another area are you kidding me you can't understand THAT!? Still goes back to the eggs in a basket reference instead of spreading it evenly they've dumped it in one area you can at least see that with GT6 there is no denying it because most other features are piss poor except Photo Mode, and I don't even know if Photo Mode is better on 5 or 6.

Yet in the same post talking about GT4 you say it's absurd to have certain cars gone and cutting off my own nose. It's not, again in GT4 so many events Rally Cars had a chance to shine, Race Cars, Sports Cars, and everyday cars. Honestly had I play it properly back in the day or now(If I had a PS2 :() I would have come close to the 600 or 700 cars in that game.
:lol:

What is this "eggs in one basket" nonsense, anyway?
You sound like a broken record; try changing it, maybe I'll get where you're coming from. 💡

:lol:

What is this "eggs in one basket" nonsense, anyway?
You sound like a broken record; try changing it, maybe I'll get where you're coming from. 💡

If you never heard that saying you have a infinite amount of problems that even I can't fix.:confused: Which basically means you lack common sense:nervous:

If you never heard that saying you have a infinite amount of problems that even I can't fix.:confused: Which basically means you lack common sense:nervous:
If I may be so frank:

The issue, I think, isn't so much the saying itself. Stuff like, say, the course creator isn't coded by the same guys who're modeling cars (well, that shouldn't be the case, at least). A bunch of PD's team working on the car models shouldn't affect what features are included in the final game. Plus, keeping the standard cars in should lessen the burden of the car modeling somewhat, I suppose.

I'm sorry for interferring with (more or less) dialogues again and again, just seemed like something I wanted to point out :cheers:

If I may be so frank:

The issue, I think, isn't so much the saying itself. Stuff like, say, the course creator isn't coded by the same guys who're modeling cars (well, that shouldn't be the case, at least). A bunch of PD's team working on the car models shouldn't affect what features are included in the final game. Plus, keeping the standard cars in should lessen the burden of the car modeling somewhat, I suppose.

I'm sorry for interferring with (more or less) dialogues again and again, just seemed like something I wanted to point out :cheers:

No you're fine the saying is just a saying though I'm just looking at it and GT6 looks like all eggs went into one basket with the cars.

Because many of the features are missing for too long.

Case in point look at GTA V and compare it GT6 with it's update history like every month seems like they update something, and it's major vs. GT6 I think it had like 3-5 major updates so far out of so far seems like 11 I believe. Although difference between the two is one shipped complete without it's online, but the SP was still complete game.

@Zuku
Well, I don't disagree with you. I actually just think that the standard cars aren't what's keeping PD from adding more features. To me, it seems like the lack of additional features and the standard cars are both results that stem from a common cause. I might be called arrogant for saying this (maybe rightfully so), but to me, it seems like bad ressource management on PD's part.

I'm repeating what I said in another threat, but I do assume that it would be far more efficient (both in terms of money and time) to just outsource the car modeling to an independent contractor (probably [considerably] cheaper per manhour, to boot), have the 3D artists that remain inhouse with PD update/remodel the tracks, hire additonal programmers to get some of the most sought-after features in - they might even even able to shorten the development cycle, thereby recouping some of the additional costs. And offer an overall better, more polished/well balanced product, of course.

No you're fine the saying is just a saying though I'm just looking at it and GT6 looks like all eggs went into one basket with the cars.

Because many of the features are missing for too long.

Ah, I think you mean it's a one trick pony, for your tastes. If that trick isn't one you particularly like, I can see that you might be frustrated.

But removing that one trick won't make the rest of it any better immediately.
@Zuku
Well, I don't disagree with you. I actually just think that the standard cars aren't what's keeping PD from adding more features. To me, it seems like the lack of additional features and the standard cars are both results that stem from a common cause. I might be called arrogant for saying this (maybe rightfully so), but to me, it seems like bad ressource management on PD's part.

I'm repeating what I said in another threat, but I do assume that it would be far more efficient (both in terms of money and time) to just outsource the car modeling to an independent contractor (probably [considerably] cheaper per manhour, to boot), have the 3D artists that remain inhouse with PD update/remodel the tracks, hire additonal programmers to get some of the most sought-after features in - they might even even able to shorten the development cycle, thereby recouping some of the additional costs. And offer an overall better, more polished/well balanced product, of course.
Personally, I'm more interested in PD continuing to defy lowest-common-denominator, highest-possible-profit practices, simply out of curiosity. I see it as an experiment in product development. :D

Plenty of other games are made the way you describe, and the idea is that each installment is forgettable once the next one is out. It's sort of like the Apple model. That's why I think the publishers should stay out of development decisions. What focus group would have requested Zahara? Or the original Gran Turismo, for that matter...

Some might say that GT is tired, and that's fine. But where is the fresh new face to carry us for the next 15 years? When it comes, maybe people will be content to let GT be GT (but still make demands of it, only those that are appropriate for the kind of game it has become).

To all the people supporting the standards:
If you want to drive these cars that badly why not just stick with GT5 or 6?

To all the people supporting the standards:
If you want to drive these cars that badly why not just stick with GT5 or 6?
Isn't that just the "if you don't like it, don't play it" argument turned on its head?

A driving game is defined by the interaction between the player and the cars; the driving. So, primarily, for me, that's physics, and locations - sound also is feedback in that sense. Oh yeah, the cars

So, any improvements in those things would be nice to experience with all my favourite cars in the game, and the ones I haven't got around to trying yet.

But they aren't improved between 5 and 6. If they were going to put actual effort into sound and physics they might as well and proper interior and make them look like they're from a modern game, not a 10 year old one.

PS2 cars are really pathetic and should be optional. But why are we suddenly OK with having PS3 level premium cars on PS4? Thats like having PS2 car models on PS3 and debating whether we should include PS1 models?

Every "generational" GT so far had dramatically better car models, so how come all of a sudden last gen PS3 premium models are great for a PS4 game?

But they aren't improved between 5 and 6. If they were going to put actual effort into sound and physics they might as well and proper interior and make them look like they're from a modern game, not a 10 year old one.
What wasn't improved? I said the same cars are more enjoyable when the "supporting" systems are improved. But there are some Semi-Premiums, too.

If only it were a simple case of making a decision! Get this: almost every car they made for GT5 and GT6 has a modelled interior and looks like it was made recently.
PS2 cars are really pathetic and should be optional. But why are we suddenly OK with having PS3 level premium cars on PS4? Thats like having PS2 car models on PS3 and debating whether we should include PS1 models?

Every "generational" GT so far had dramatically better car models, so how come all of a sudden last gen PS3 premium models are great for a PS4 game?
The Premiums were intentionally made to a higher quality than necessary so they could be carried over. How soon people forget! I knew it would come back to bite PD on the butt...

The Premiums were intentionally made to a higher quality than necessary so they could be carried over. How soon people forget! I knew it would come back to bite PD on the butt...

Yeah, I don't buy that. If those models run perfectly fine on PS3, than they are PS3 level models. Kaz is telling us that 2009. car models are a way to go in 2016?

7 Years ago they made PS4 assets running perfectly on PS3? I consider that a marketing bull.

Yeah, I don't buy that. If those models run perfectly fine on PS3, than they are PS3 level models. Kaz is telling us that 2009. car models are a way to go in 2016?

7 Years ago they made PS4 assets running perfectly on PS3? I consider that a marketing bull.
Well the kicker is that they don't run perfectly on PS3. It was most obvious in GT5P; if you got close to other cars, you'd get a bit of stutter - especially at London (which had its scenery reduced in complexity to try to speed things up).

The games are consistently trying to display too much geometry. And that's despite LoD swapping / progressive meshes ("tessellation") and low environment detail, meaning the game isn't even rendering all the geometry that could be there.

Also, there is a gradual increase in detail for cars added later in the console's life. They don't look too bad for PS4 assets, though.

Personally, I'm more interested in PD continuing to defy lowest-common-denominator, highest-possible-profit practices, simply out of curiosity. I see it as an experiment in product development. :D

Plenty of other games are made the way you describe, and the idea is that each installment is forgettable once the next one is out. It's sort of like the Apple model. That's why I think the publishers should stay out of development decisions. What focus group would have requested Zahara? Or the original Gran Turismo, for that matter...

Some might say that GT is tired, and that's fine. But where is the fresh new face to carry us for the next 15 years? When it comes, maybe people will be content to let GT be GT (but still make demands of it, only those that are appropriate for the kind of game it has become).
Catering to focus groups and designing a game to appeal to the Call-of-Duty-audience is one thing (and a thing I don't want PD to do, either). That's a far cry from realising their design goals by using more efficient means, though. I don't want them to cut cars like the Benz Motor Carriage or the Jay Leno Tank Car or even the X2010 (even though I think that latter is BS). Going about their creation in inefficient ways doesn't do anything to possibly make the game better, does it?

I do know one or two fresh faces I'd go with, but one's stuck to a console I don't want to support in the slightest (not yet, at least) - and I don't have nearly as much history with that franchise, which is why I care less about it than GT. So, yeah, the other fresh face that remains is Project CARS.

Different approach than GT in many ways, I'd say, but it does share the passion for cars and I'll be watching Slightly Mad Studios very closely to see whether they can become to me what PD has been for the better part of the last one and a half decades.

Catering to focus groups and designing a game to appeal to the Call-of-Duty-audience is one thing (and a thing I don't want PD to do, either). That's a far cry from realising their design goals by using more efficient means, though. I don't want them to cut cars like the Benz Motor Carriage or the Jay Leno Tank Car or even the X2010 (even though I think that latter is BS). Going about their creation in inefficient ways doesn't do anything to possibly make the game better, does it?

I do know one or two fresh faces I'd go with, but one's stuck to a console I don't want to support in the slightest (not yet, at least) - and I don't have nearly as much history with that franchise, which is why I care less about it than GT. So, yeah, the other fresh face that remains is Project CARS.

Different approach than GT in many ways, I'd say, but it does share the passion for cars and I'll be watching Slightly Mad Studios very closely to see whether they can become to me what PD has been for the better part of the last one and a half decades.
Again, I'm not convinced it's more "efficient" in the long run. Efficiency is defined as useful work out over work in; what's useful depends on your aims, and total work in has to be measured across the totality of the system boundaries. We don't get that info from devs to be able to draw a conclusion.

If your aim is just to have more cars, then outsourcing might be fine. If it's to have assets that can be used in a certain way that deviates from the mainstream demands, then the spec just got that bit tighter, and you've got to start cracking the whip, because now you've got the concept of another company's profit margin to battle with. It's been said that the mesh quality is right up there in most cases, and that this is a pre-requisite for progressive mesh rendering and tessellation, which isn't even being used properly in next-gen console games yet. There's that forward thinking again.

Do you think PD could effectively control an external organisation for significantly less energy overall than its own internal workforce? All that outsourcing would be trading is time, in the best case, and it's not a linear substitution thanks to all the layers of organisation and coordination added between the main team and the contracted workforce. So you get comparatively little extra work for the time (man-hours) spent, actually representing a lower overall efficiency! Has anyone noticed that the car modeling team has grown by nearly 50% since GT5P, but their total throughput (of Premiums) has stayed roughly the same?

Methinks they're doing more than we're getting to see. And that gap in our knowledge, our sheer ignorance, is always worth remembering.

Kaz has mentioned this, premiums aren't capable of outputting their true "form" unless they are in photo mode, and the ps4 models will be done in the exact same way... Basically, the detail you have in GT5 photo mode (GT6 looks worst actually) will be the same level of detail you will have when racing in gt7

Kaz has mentioned this, premiums aren't capable of outputting their true "form" unless they are in photo mode, and the ps4 models will be done in the exact same way... Basically, the detail you have in GT5 photo mode (GT6 looks worst actually) will be the same level of detail you will have when racing in gt7

That's just what he says we have to wait and see **** he said a lot of things about GT6 just to appease the masses, but that hasn't worked too well. In shorter terms I'll believe it when I see.

I'll admit to photo mode models looking better and more next gen like. I would be satisfied with photo mode models quality although it seems like the visual jump from PS3 models is smaller than ever in a "generational" GT. If that would be compensated with beautiful surroundings, some soft body physics concerning damage while maintaining 1080p @ 60 fps, GT would once again be the pinnacle of PlayStation visuals.

I'll admit to photo mode models looking better and more next gen like. I would be satisfied with photo mode models quality although it seems like the visual jump from PS3 models is smaller than ever in a "generational" GT. If that would be compensated with beautiful surroundings, some soft body physics concerning damage while maintaining 1080p @ 60 fps, GT would once again be the pinnacle of PlayStation visuals.
That's just what he says we have to wait and see **** he said a lot of things about GT6 just to appease the masses, but that hasn't worked too well. In shorter terms I'll believe it when I see.

I do believe he is saying the truth in this particular case, remember in GT3 and 4 how the cars looked when seen on the dealership or on GT4's photo mode, and how they looked when racing? In GT5 standards maintained the "quality" they had in GT3's dealerships and GT4's photo mode, all the time, and maybe in GT8 once they start to actually push the limits of the ps4, gt5/6 cars will become standards and they will eventually ditch the old standards, but right now, I haven't seen much of a boost between generations, look at MGS ground zeroes or the last of us on both ps3/360 and ps4/one, its pretty much the same, except for better lighting and some better textures here and there, not much to even notice it, unless you play the ps3 version right before the ps4

Back