Do you think Standard Cars in GT7 should be separate downloadable content?

Do you think Standart Cars in GT7 should be separate DLC?

• Yes

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • No

Votes: 45 58.4%

• Total voters
Portugal
Oporto
SergioKillzone
FMSGT98
I've really thought about this many times, and I wonder what you guys think. We shouldn't be obligated to see those horrible interiors and muddy textures in a next gen game, it would be totally unacceptable, so why not clean them from us standart car haters and if anyone wants them back why not download them?

It would be very hard to implement as anyone using a standard car online could only race against those with the dlc, and you wouldn't even be able to watch a replay of someone using a standard from a time trial leaderboard.
To be honest I think PD should stop living in 2006 and just wipe all the standards from their servers, hard drives and anything else with digital storage capacity so that I never have to see those monstrosities again in all my life.

Because downloading 600+ game assets would be preposterous.
I don't think so, the ps2 had an 8mb memory card, the gt4 game save occupied about 800kb, so my guess is that the standart cars "weight" about the same as half GTPSP, that would be like 600-700mb, would that really be all that much space? Besides, all ps4's come with a 500gb hardrive, eventually we will get a 1 terrabite, 5 terrabite and so on...

I think that Standard Cars should not be removed from GT7.
That's exactly what I mean, plus, if they took the time to upgrade them after GT7 is released (with premium only) than we would have more detailed versions and if you still don't want them, than just don't download them... But seriously they really need to get rid of the duplicates, they are driving me nuts

That's exactly what I mean, plus, if they took the time to upgrade them after GT7 is released (with premium only) than we would have more detailed versions and if you still don't want them, than just don't download them... But seriously they really need to get rid of the duplicates, they are driving me nuts
But there is a few differences between some of duplicates.

I think they should be an optional download, so those who want them can have them. However, for those that don't want to see them there should be an option to ban Standard cars from online lobbies.

๐Ÿ‘

Same logic usually used for standards applies here - if you don't like the duplicates don't use them.

bumper and front/rear lights when it's comes to the mx5's
What of the availability of B6 and B8 engine and varying weights within the NA B8 variants? Three variations based solely on performance be they the 1597cc or the 990/1000kg 1839cc. Both engines are available in the NB variants as well. Then there are the NA color packages (not all of which actually exist, however). Black or beige tops can be had. It's not a big deal, but it's another variation.

Anyway...they're not that hard for me to swallow as they're there and it seems they're there to stay. Would I prefer those that exist be brought up to the same level as new additions? Absolutely! But to restrict use of them (be it by requiring download or selectively within online lobbies) seems a bit silly to me.

Just put them on the disc. But don't be surprised if most gamers decide to keep them.

Should Standard tracks be optional? :D
I think standart tracks can sneak by undetected if they receive a new tree design and color palet... But I also thought, why not do in like Forza 4 did and create a 2nd disk with the other cars?... No one would suspect they were standart, muhuhuha, muahahahahaha!!!!!! This is what is going on in Kaz's head right now

This silly idea about standard cars should be a separate downloaded content if this does ever happen what about players who got PS4 and GT7 and they found out this is a awesome game and then found out there beloved standard cars can only be downloaded from the playstation store and they do not have the internet and they can not afford it. Please think of the players who have no internet and love their standard cars.

I think standart tracks can sneak by undetected if they receive a new tree design and color palet... But I also thought, why not do in like Forza 4 did and create a 2nd disk with the other cars?... No one would suspect they were standart, muhuhuha, muahahahahaha!!!!!! This is what is going on in Kaz's head right now
Because a 2nd disc is useless considering the storage capacity of Blu-Rays.

Same logic usually used for standards applies here - if you don't like the duplicates don't use them.

๐Ÿ‘ I love that argument because there's literally no end to it. You could take it so far - how about "if you don't like GT, stop playing it?" That's one of my favorites. It breeds this backwards culture of thought where nobody should ever disagree or complain about anything ever, just be complacent...because god forbid one person's liking or disliking of standard cars should make anyone else unhappy.

Last edited:
Isn't there like 800 standards already. Some people have bandwidth caps for their internet connection. (use Comcast as an example) Also, most people can't afford high internet connection speeds like 20 mbp/s as U.S internet providers tend to overprice connection speeds and Google Fiber is only in select places right now.

This silly idea about standard cars should be a separate downloaded content if this does ever happen what about players who got PS4 and GT7 and they found out this is a awesome game and then found out there beloved standard cars can only be downloaded from the playstation store and they do not have the internet and they can not afford it. Please think of the players who have no internet and love their standard cars.

So what about those that can't update that currently have GT6 there are those still stuck at version 1.00. Hey if they can't update too bad that's just way of the world.

Isn't there like 800 standards already. Some people have bandwidth caps for their internet connection. (use Comcast as an example) Also, most people can't afford high internet connection speeds like 20 mbp/s as U.S internet providers tend to overprice connection speeds and Google Fiber is only in select places right now.

those 800 standards must fit in a floppy disk :) sounds included!

Back