Dodge SRT-4

Boost Lee
.. And some of us do.

Nice Cadillac.
Thanks.

It's the worst of both worlds. It handles like a fat woman on a slippery Twinkie in water and can barely get out of it's own way. It's comfy though.

Here's my car...

shoot01.JPG

Has anyone actually driven one in the game? I have been searching this forum for a while now and cant find a single person that actually reviews how well it handles/performs. Maybe I didnt search hard enough. Can anyone actually say that it handles bad in the game, or it is slow. or with some mods it is really fast? Just lookin for some info from the GAME!!

SilverSRT
Has anyone actually driven one in the game? I have been searching this forum for a while now and cant find a single person that actually reviews how well it handles/performs. Maybe I didnt search hard enough. Can anyone actually say that it handles bad in the game, or it is slow. or with some mods it is really fast? Just lookin for some info from the GAME!!
Wait til tuesday, and I'll tell ya;)

Okay...

I haven't taken any pics of the engine yet. The actualy picture (not this thumbnail) was soooo big you could see the bug guts on the paint job!

Here's my brother's car, it's the view you'll see in you mirror before he blasts past you...

This is one fast Roadrunner 440! Not a stock engine :dopey:

Is the PAL release on tuesday?? Last I heard was March 9th..hmmm. Anyway, heres the engine bay of my SRT.
f9591133.jpg

Mods -Stage 1, K&N CAI, Mopar Catback, AGP Wastegate, 3" O2 housing, 3" Downpipe, Perrin catch can, MSD coil & wires, Strut tower brace, Mopar STS, Turbo XS-RFL. Runs mid 12s with BFG drag radials.

Dig the old skool muscle... road runner... my dad had a 1970 Plymouth GTX 440 black

my freinds got a blue T/T dakota 1000hp 1200 lbs/ft

his other car is a 2001 neon with a SRT-4 engine swap... 239 hp 259 lbs ft

my bros dakota with alot of int stuff not to much mods on the outside... 300hp

Definitely a Mopar family everything we own is a mopar

And my project for this summer... 1978 Chrysler Lebaron 318

Attachments

• Sleeper.jpg
    Sleeper.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00273.JPG
    DSC00273.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 11
  • t Rite.jpg
    t Rite.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Side1.JPG
    Side1.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF0129.JPG
    DSCF0129.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 5
Uh oh! Mopar Madness! My Father has a Dakota, my mother has a Stratus, my father in law has a PT Cruiser Turbo and of course my brother has the Roadrunner and a daily driver neon.

Hey Silver,

Does that MSD do much for you? I'm looking at starting to upgrade my engine. The first will probably be a K&N FIPK. K&N's dyno #'s says it'll give the engine 9.4 hp gain. All my friends are hollering for a stage 3 but I drive this car daily. Do we know anything about the gas mileage?

One more day! I'm about ready... :drool:

I heard one today and it is very plausible they have no mufflers. The reviews say it has no mufflers. I believe them. But my parents say it's not possible(illegal). After hearing them multiple times I know there is no muffler under there.

Yep they definately have straight pipes on them. My friend used to own one but he sold it for a 350z because he didn't like the way it handled. Its legal not to have a muffler, but its not legal to not have a CAT, which the srt has.

neon_duke
Grassroots Motorsports is building up their SRT for autocross work and they've been campaigning it for a couple seasons now. They've had some revelations about the handling and they have an excellent buildup series that runs back over 6 or 8 issues. I would definitely look into buying the back copies if I had an SRT.

I read about the car there, though I had been following its trials and tribulations as soon as it was determined that Mark Daddio was driving one. If he couldn't win the national Solo II championship in it (and he didn't, he came in 5th) then I'd say that says very bad things about the car's handling considering Mark is considered one of the best autocrossers of all time. Basically, if he couldn't do it, the car will never win the championship in D Stock.

That being said, my expectations were pretty low when I took it for a test drive in GT4 for the first time. Honestly, it drove alot better than I expected. Typical FWD in alot of ways, but you could coax rotation out of it pretty easily with trail braking or throttle lift. Very similar in alot of respects to my Sentra Spec V, except with a bit more power.

One thing I should try is setting one up for rally. Dodge had a very successful Pro Rally campaign this year with a pair of SRT-4s, I gotta say I was impressed seeing them in action.

....There is one thing you WON't hear me say. I refuse to say the SRT-4 is baddest car on the planet or nothing will touch it. That just isn't true. What is true is that it IS a great value.

If a car doesn't handle the best there are remedies for it.

As has been stated, the car is very succesful with off road rally. I've seen great success with drag racing. I'd like to see Dodge on a bigger scale with a Touring Car series.

sqcomp
As has been stated, the car is very succesful with off road rally. I've seen great success with drag racing. I'd like to see Dodge on a bigger scale with a Touring Car series.

Well, then consider your wish granted, as they will be running them in the Speed World Challenge this year. :sly:

Isn't Speed World Challenge the one on the Speed Channel? Nice! I just found it.

Here's a link for anyone who cares:

http://www.world-challenge.com/news/05press6.html

SWEET! I noticed the World Challenge running right before the ALMS race last year. This year I'll be at the track way early! I was walking up to the gates as a viper and vette were battling it out for position going into the last turn before the straight at PIR. I think I didn't need my GF (now wife) for a week or two after that race day!

We'll see how they do this year. You can bet I'll be decked out in all MOPAR gear on that day.

Thanks for the great news!

Some would say it's the hottest domestic sport compact today. Some would say it's like a baby muscle car. Whatever the case, it's another Dodge masterpiece. Only thing better would be the Viper. It's very sporty with the functional hood scoop and aggressive styling. Remember. This thing makes about 230 horsepower. That's perhaps the most of any compact in its class without scraping Lancer and Impreza/WRX territory. I think it was Sport Compact Car magazine named it the Car of the Year when it first came out. And to end my claim, if all Neons are boring, this one has to be the exception.

I'd probably modify the rear wing if I had it in the game. Not against it, just want something smaller and more subtle, and of course, functional. Almost any car in the game with Photo Mode shots usually end up in pretty nice pictures. I'm impressed with all the pictures I've seen from everyone. So good job to all from this young Houstonian named John.

" I'd probably modify the rear wing if I had it in the game. Not against it, just want something smaller and more subtle, and of course, functional " -JohnBM01

Not to be an ass, or anything, but why would you want a functional rear wing on a front wheel drive car? thats like saying "I want traction to my rear tires with my SRT4". Makes no sense whatsoever. Lmao, that does remind me of this guy i met who has a srt4 that i raced and beat, that i see occasionally driving. One day he told me that he visited the dragstrip and he couldnt get any traction to his rear tires. I was like WTF???

Fit a wing to the car and then increase the front downforce to improve traction. Increase the rear downforce to keep that end on the road a little better. I don't see a problem with the wing.

I was pleased to see that the SRT-4 actually had (I think) 232 HP before doing an oil change.

Back