Dodge SRT-4

sqcomp
Let me clarify....

stock 230 wheel horsepower 250 torque 13.9 quarter mile

for less than $5k (with installation) you CAN beat a vette, EVO and STI with the stage 3 Mopar upgrades. I believe it was Sport Compact Car that did a review of the stage 3R lightweight. The article was featured on the cover. "American Psycho" was the name of the article. And yes, it will hang with the big boys. They mentioned that the SRT-4 Stage 3R was the most powerful FWD car they had ever tested.

Think about it for less than $25k you can have a very nice street machine. The nice thing is you can get a stage 3 FINANCED from the dealer since it is a "factory installed" option. Before everyone knocks the "neon", think about it. A sub $20K car that has very close numbers to the Nissan 350z and almost identical numbers to the 2004 Mustang GT. It's easy on insurance too, mine is only $87/ month full coverage.

...I didn't know that factory upgrade information until AFTER I bought mine. Besides $450/month was just over my payment threshold.

...and you are correct, they do NOT have "mufflers". They have resonators. The factory upgrades actually make the SRT-4 sound even more mean than it does already (more "burbly"). The Stage 1 is ECU change that gives 10 more HP and 10 more torque. Nice turbo hold as well as nicer sound. $329 at ModernPerformance.com. I actually got $5 off a bet with some guy. I told him if he could find the mufflers on my car I'd give him the money, if he couldn't...

THEN you take the evos and spend the equal amount of money and the neon still can't compete.

ZeroDrifter
THEN you take the evos and spend the equal amount of money and the neon still can't compete.

So your comparing an AWD car to a FWD car that costs half as much? Why not just take the $20,000 you saved by getting "just a neon" and make an even better car?

Omologato
Uhh... The DSM's were a join project by Mitsu and Chrylser, and included the Eagle Talon, the Mitsubishi Eclipse, and the Plymouth Laser. Chrylser and Mistubishi have teamed up too many times in the past to list really. Starion/Conquest, 3000GT/Stealth, the 2.6 HEMI, just to name a few.

That said, Neons are awesome at the track(road tracks, not talking about drag racing) and are alot better cars then you guys make them out to be.

Are you sure. It's FWD. I've seen those cars on autoX, not a lot but some and the plow like a MOFO. They're meant for DRAG, not track. The neon could be a good track car, with 10k suspension set up, that is. But you're right, there not as bad a people say, but I don't think they were meant for a track. They are meant for the highschool ricers who want to go fast in a straight line only, that is not to say they suck on a track, but in my opinion, I'd say they were not made with track preformance as #1. Sorry to steal thread guys.

See where the SRT stacks up in my personal FF Challange at Tsukuba.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzetqzl5/id1.html

In real life this car is ment for one perpose and that is Street racing. To make Honda boys drop to there knees and mustang and camaro guys say what the heck is in that thing as all they see is the rice boy wing and tail lights (with little mods that is). This car has to much power to get a good autocross time in. If you want a neon to autocross I suggest a ACR first Gen.I can run circle around a SRT at a autocross and still pull on a stock one one the street!:sly:

neon.JPG

Back