Dodge Viper SRT/10 High Speed Ring / N3 tires, - xx:17 / :47

• Thread starter dranddad
  • 135 comments
I still haven't gotten the hang of 20 laps without a wall touch or two, sitting on about 1'14.8 in the TT.

All the best
Maz

... right, in my case per lap, though! :lol:

Nevertheless this is fun, joining for one or two at 47

Edit: thanks for the invite Phillip. Prob is I don't really dig this PSN chat (probably to stupid to use it properly). What's with the GTP chat?

Last edited:
What happened Wally? Saw you on the grid (of 3) :-( Then you where gone. Think I was "offline".

... right, in my case per lap, though! :lol:

Nevertheless this is fun, joining for one or two at 47

Edit: thanks for the invite Phillip. Prob is I don't really dig this PSN chat (probably to stupid to use it properly). What's with the GTP chat?

Hi Ren, I know what you mean, but some dont have PC and Ps3 available at the same time. GTP_ Clacksman made the suggestion that it may help so members can pop in any time and see who may be racing.

Most of the time its only used to to say when someone is joining, ie :17 / :47 or in as we do. Just trying to make things easy for evereyone 👍

Phillip.

I hear you.

I managed to say hi there at least :sly:

But matching still the same issue... spectating atm, really sucks.

LOL, yeah, you mean my most hated track? Good question.... seems to be the most acceptable choice of racing, so I'm back to hoping it'll grow on me still :crazy:

How've you been Denis?

Edit: Spectating again. This is great. Havnt raced for like a month or something, was really keen. 2nd evening of this crap now and I'm done with it again. See you all in GT5.

Last edited:
I fine thnx

And you?

Haven't seen you in a long while.

Never excepted to see you posting on a HSR thread :lol:

Hugo & Dranddad thanks for the fun race, and especially for waiting for me. lol... the finish at lap, eh, 200, was it(?), caught me off guard. :) And, Hugo, sorry for the bump in T2 on Lap n. I was on the binders at least a second before your brake lights, but I still came up on you. I wonder how that can be with a menu fixe tune?? There didn't look to be any lag. Maybe I'm just not mashing the pedal hard enough?? Ah, well.

Last edited:
Roomboter & Dranddad thanks for the fun race, and especially for waiting for me. lol... the finish at lap, eh, 200, was it(?), caught me off guard. :) And, Roomboter, sorry for the bump in T2 on Lap n. I was on the binders at least a second before your brake lights, but I still came up on you. I wonder how that can be with a menu fixe tune?? There didn't look to be any lag. Maybe I'm just not mashing the pedal hard enough?? Ah, well.

You do have to watch the braking zones Eric when in draft, this thing just does not like to slow down, or nip out of the draft just before the braking zone. 👍

Phillip.

Great fun Hugo and T/Bits

It sure was. You're displaying a nice pace these days, Phillip 👍

Many great races tonight with Eric, Phillip, FAK, Richard, Enigma and the KOR guys. How such a simple track can be so much fun! Cheers guys, until next time.

Thanks Hugo

Nice race with yourself, FAK and Mr V :)

Great event Phillip, its proving to be popular with the right kind of people 👍

Have not had the pleasure of driving this combo with any Europeans as yet, but have had some very good races with TTR-Toivonen. My best lap in a race with slipstream is 1'14.229. In the TT it is 1'14.580,putting me in 7th on the leaderboard,although there seems to be a fair few invalid times in the top 10 by GTP standards. The penalty system can be very inaccurate sometimes. Look forward to some close racing. 👍

In@47.

Last edited:
Thanks Hugo

Nice race with yourself, FAK and Mr V :)

Great event Phillip, its proving to be popular with the right kind of people 👍

Thanks Ross, to be honest when i first thought of it I didn’t think too many would be interested, that’s why I put it down as a one off race day, so I’m well surprised, I know HSR is not everyone’s cup of tea.

The online TT is also running as you know, so we could run our own in house event from the names on the participants list on page one, post #1. (Not compulsory) just though it may add a little more, as were all struggling for enthusiasm for GT5p.

Phillip.

Edit: As it's been pointed out (there seems to be a fair few invalid times in the top 10 by GTP standards) I've heard this before, plus my lap was at least clean.
So i leave it open to the members on the #1 list if they would like to or not.

Last edited:
I suspect this is not possible but can someone let me know if you can tweak the brake bias with the in car menu? This post is less hassle than setting up the buttons to check! Cheers.

I suspect this is not possible but can someone let me know if you can tweak the brake bias with the in car menu? This post is less hassle than setting up the buttons to check! Cheers.

Dont think so but i'll look and get back.

Edit A guy as fast as you dont need tweaks to win races anyway, you should have a few BHP taken off. :)

Phillip.

Last edited:

The online TT is also running as you know, so we could run our own in house event from the names on the participants list on page one, post #1. (Not compulsory) just though it may add a little more, as were all struggling for enthusiasm for GT5p.

Thats fine with me mate 👍

@ Phillip.

You mentioned in a previous post that voice chat works in GT5p but it would be set to text. I didn,t know about this,somebody please explain :).
I have a bluetooth headset which I was using in private lobbies on Super Car Challenge, and if that feature is available on GT5p,it took me this long to work out :lol:

between some races ran free run and best so far is now 1'14.436. Clean of course and replay saved :) There is little more but would be very hard to gain.

Good night :cheers:

Add me to the list of interested racers for this one, I love spec races! 👍

After a week away from the game, took a few warmup laps in the time trial before joining at the scheduled time. Took 3 unsuccessful matching attempts before racing against only one other person :(

Not sure when the big grids happen, but I'm on Pacific Daylight Time. Usually try to get on somewhere between 5-9pm on the weekdays, but sometimes I sneak one in on my lunch break ;)

Still getting up to speed, managed a 1'15.4xx in clean air so far. Hopefully I'll get into the 1'14's with this one.

Thats fine with me mate 👍

Ok I've started it off, no replays are required we are all gentleman or Lady racers, unless you would like to submit them, as GTP members we are expected to abide by the in-house rules (OLR) No clutch no Walls barriers and so on.

This is just a bit of fun for the participants and in no way meant to be detrimental to the online event.

List so far on post #1

Phillip.

ps if ive missed anyone so far please let me know.

Still getting up to speed, managed a 1'15.4xx in clean air so far. Hopefully I'll get into the 1'14's with this one.

Damn it Egghead, You outdid me again! ;) I can't even break into the 1'15s with this one. I get too frustrated with this car before I can get a good time in. I think I may keep to drifting this month, Eiger RWD only comes around so often!

This event has been very quiet over the past couple of days, which is a real shame as there has been some really enjoyable, close and punt free racing during the last weekend.

So I had another crack at the TT and I still can't quite get into the 1'14s.

I thought I'd got a quick lap in as I approached the finish line... imagine my disappointment when my time read "1'15.093". So close, but in TT terms so very far :grumpy:

Another go tomorrow is required I think, I will get a '14 dammit!!!! 👍

This event has been very quiet over the past couple of days, which is a real shame as there has been some really enjoyable, close and punt free racing during the last weekend.

I thought I'd got a quick lap in as I approached the finish line... imagine my disappointment when my time read "1'15.093". So close, but in TT terms so very far :grumpy:

Youll get it mate! Im sure:tup::)! TTing is a bit boring... i only spend 15 or 20 minutes... maybe i need 40 or 60 min to get the time i know i can make;)!

I find that last bend is a killer :grumpy: with the right braking point plus correct line, it can make an easy 1 or 2 tenths at the line chris.

When I did my .932 I was over a tenth down at T2 on my best lap so far, then concentrated on that last bend, made up what i lost and a little more to the line, all in that last bend. So a 14.832 is possible for me just have to put it together.

Keep at it Chris I'm sure you'll get it too. 👍

Yeah sorry ive not been on the last few days much, been busy outside in this fine weather, thats has worn me out and to much pain / swelling in my feet to drive, going to be wet this week so I'll be about.

Phillip.

I had a bash at this yesterday and loved it. I was terrible mind, but its loads of fun.

I was out on track with crispy and I appreciate him slowing down for me. On almost every lap though :lol: .. Patience of a saint!! 👍

If you see me out there just bare in mind i'm learning with every lap. Had a couple of TT tries but get bored quick and like to race. Well, not when I get put against someone using TC ! :irked: (why is TC allowed in pro/expert events? seems crazy)

Just be prepared for me to spin infront of you, otherwise, just give me a friendly wave when you fly by :D

If you see me out there just bare in mind i'm learning with every lap. Had a couple of TT tries but get bored quick and like to race. Well, not when I get put against someone using TC ! :irked: (why is TC allowed in pro/expert events? seems crazy)

It’s a good point Captain, i would say in reply that not everyone is of a standard of our top elite members that play the game, be it in ability or physical health. Pad users wheelchair users and so on, but if members wish to use TC or any option, that makes the enjoyment of the game better for them then why not.

Same with clutch, guys have spent a lot of money on these G25 / G27 wheels so why not use it, if it’s an agreement that the event say for the good of all please don’t use the clutch, we all abide by it.

Phillip.

Back