Does anyone has connection problems with Friends only Lobbys : stuck on the Grid,Autodrive,Etc

• Thread starter CRN_G-TR
  • 8 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
F1FOUAD
Since the release of this game i have issues with lobbys, im racing with friends once a week and everytime we have 16 players in a lobby there are allot of problems.
- Players Not seeing all the Players in the lobby
- cars Stuck on the Grid
- cars stuck in autodrive
- Players having difficulties to join the lobby
- Mid race Disconnects ending the Lobby
- Pitstop issue not getting Fuel in longer Races
- Glitched Laptiming Showing purple sector times in all sectors for the rest of the race.
- glitch in lobby replays not seeing the gaps between cars time stays Blanc.
- all the cars are visible for the lobby host on track the cars who dont see other cars just ghosting trough eachother running both in 1st place in their point of View cause they cant see each other.
- we never had a decent race on Mount panorama before starting the race it will disconnect everyone from the lobby :banghead:

Does anyone has same issues tried switching host it didnt solve the problem.
My ps4 is connected via LAN cable
I have 400MB/40MB internet connection i can watch 4k movies without problems all other games i play i have no issues.
Really hard to setup a Friends League if every week someone gets stuck or cant get into the lobby.

Found something encouraging in the online manual wich i hope will come in a future update the manual says Players whose bandwidth has been determined as "Very Low" may experience an improved online racing experience by adjusting the following room settings.
・Select a race quality setting that's lower than the automatic setting.(we dont have this setting in lobby settings a feature known from gt6)
・Reduce the max. number of players in the room.
・Disable voice chat. (We dont have voicechat in lobby settings)
The picture in the manual Shows a race quality option thinking

・Race Quality meaning
This setting governs the frequency with which driving information is sent and received over the network when racing online. The game automatically detects players' connection speeds, and automatically selects a race quality setting accordingly. It is normally safest to use the recommended setting, but if your connection is dropping during online races, you may want to try reducing the race quality.

It shows Race quality option under Nr.9 that feature is not implemented yet.
i1skcMzVjMyJcC.jpg
Screenshot_20180718-192942.jpg

I had this problem with other people not seeing each other and then being stuck on the grid. Unfortunately fixed IP address and port forwarding didnt help me. But sometimes it works perfectly. Sometimes it doesnt :(

I had this problem with other people not seeing each other and then being stuck on the grid. Unfortunately fixed IP address and port forwarding didnt help me. But sometimes it works perfectly. Sometimes it doesnt :(
Tried everyting DMZ fixed Ip etc didnt help feels like PD doesnt care about lobbys.No updates on lobbys for a while now they only added ghost lapped cars.

I got fixed IP, Google dns,opened dmz, wired connection

And the online lobbies off GTS got all the problems mentioned in the tread.
Private and public one's.

Sport mode that goes with dedicated servers (normal online got P2P servers) doesn't present any of the problems mentioned.

The problems of the normal lobbies are there since launch,, and even GT6 has got some of them like the one that drivers doesn't see others on track.

So it's just a problem of the netcode from PD, cause all other games doesn't have those issues, only sometimes the tipical lag and/or desconect issues (those are mostly router related)

Tried everyting DMZ fixed Ip etc didnt help feels like PD doesnt care about lobbys.No updates on lobbys for a while now they only added ghost lapped cars.

Fortunately it works most of the time. I race with my friend and both of us always get into the race but not everyone who joins the lobby can race. It is worse for me as a host because I can crash into the bugged cars but my friend just doesnt have them there at all and has a start without avoiding standing cars. At least I know what cars I will have to avoid because he always let me know which spots are empty for him :D

Since the release of this game i have issues with lobbys, im racing with friends once a week and everytime we have 16 players in a lobby there are allot of problems.
- Players Not seeing all the Players in the lobby
- cars Stuck on the Grid
- cars stuck in autodrive
- Players having difficulties to join the lobby
- Mid race Disconnects ending the Lobby
- Pitstop issue not getting Fuel in longer Races
- Glitched Laptiming Showing purple sector times in all sectors for the rest of the race.
- glitch in lobby replays not seeing the gaps between cars time stays Blanc.
- all the cars are visible for the lobby host on track the cars who dont see other cars just ghosting trough eachother running both in 1st place in their point of View cause they cant see each other.
- we never had a decent race on Mount panorama before starting the race it will disconnect everyone from the lobby :banghead:

Does anyone has same issues tried switching host it didnt solve the problem.
My ps4 is connected via LAN cable
I have 400MB/40MB internet connection i can watch 4k movies without problems all other games i play i have no issues.
Really hard to setup a Friends League if every week someone gets stuck or cant get into the lobby.

Its been known since the beginning that "Friends Only" lobbies have issues. Selecting 'Friends Only' during lobby setup will automatically set the lobby to 'Fixed' host and (last time I checked) cannot be changed. Fixed host will cause the entire lobby to crash should the host disconnect.

Players not seeing each other is the cause of cars stuck on grid or in auto-drive. Work on getting everyone on a wired connection and NAT 2. You can check your NAT type by running a network connection test (XMB / SETTINGS / NETWORK / TEST INTERNET CONNECTION). It only takes one player with a poor connection to cause problems in a lobby.

Sometimes, when players cannot see one another, they can simply leave and reenter the lobby to solve the issue. This doesn't always work (especially with poor connections).

Have a read through the WRS Networking Tips.

Latest Posts

Back