Does anyone know what accelerated tire wear equates to?

• Thread starter slthree
  • 13 comments
Also depends on track temperature I believe. In 20-25 ° C a.i. seems to pit 45-50 minutes into a race with accelerated wear (on default hard slicks, don't believe I've seen a.i. use soft. 30° and higher seems to be anywhere between 25 to 40 minutes. Or at least that seems to be my observation.

If it is twice as fast, think that it would be good to have up to 4 times faster. To simulate a 2 or 3 hour race in 20 to 30 minuets.

Does anyone here have access to SMS developers?

Could you ask them if they could give us options for tire wear and fuel use, like GTS does?

2X through 10X

I don't know anything about making a video game, so I don't know if this would be easy or hard, but I deem PC2 to be infinitely better and deeper than GTS, and they have done it:confused:

Could you ask them if they could give us options for tire wear and fuel use, like GTS does?

2X through 10X

I don't know anything about making a video game, so I don't know if this would be easy or hard, but I deem PC2 to be infinitely better and deeper than GTS, and they have done it:confused:

It was in PC1, but I don't remember why it was adjusted. I think it had something to do with the tires not working as they should with really high levels of wear.

2X through 10X

@IanBell

Are you able to provide detail on this one?

Thank you Scaff, for asking

I want to make sure I did not come across as criticizing Project Cars 2. Sometimes when you're just asking a question and it's in writing, as opposed to verbally or in person, connotation can be misunderstood.

I'm on record as loving this game. My wife would tell you I am obsessed with this game. My post history will also tell you I am crazy for this game. I recently tweeted Ian (he didn't respond. I know he's very busy) to tell him that PC2 is a "masterpiece". I haven't sent a single tweet in over 3 years.

So, I hope that helps frame where I'm coming from when I asked the question.

The last few days, since the Rolex 24 all I have been doing is trying to copy that race. One of my favorite parts of racing is the chaos of pit stops. I can't sit and drive for more than 2-3 hours at a time or i would be given my walking papers right out of my own home!

So, I'm looking to set it up so there's a pit stop every 35-40 minutes, or so.

Thank you for understanding and thanks again Scaff

How accelerated is it? Is it 50% faster, twice as fast, what?
I have never seen an official answer so perhaps the answer is to run a quick test.

Download an app which gives you exact % of tyre wear (RS Dash for example) and then run a few test laps. For consistency you could pick say an oval like Texas so that you get consistent stress on the tyres.

Run for 30 mins on standard and 30 mins on accelerated and see what the % in RS Dash says. Try a couple of compounds and maybe even a wet track and I bet you'd have a good idea of how much faster accelerated wear is.

Also depends on track temperature I believe. In 20-25 ° C a.i. seems to pit 45-50 minutes into a race with accelerated wear (on default hard slicks, don't believe I've seen a.i. use soft. 30° and higher seems to be anywhere between 25 to 40 minutes. Or at least that seems to be my observation.

Pretty much everything has something to do with tire wear.

But I wouldn’t pay for rs dash just to find out how much more tires degrade.

In simplest terms from my understanding X amount of tyre wear (accelerated tyre wear) would be equal to whatever would one expect tires to wear for one lap multiplied by the "X" number.
Eg: Tyres: 2x or "x2" (Tyre would wear twice times the expected/normal per lap)
Tyres: 5x or "x5" (Tyre would wear five times the expected/normal per lap)
...and so fourths.

Commonly used for timed races or over a given amount of laps to incorporate some level of or accelerated tyre wear (introduces a factor whereby one may have to factor in pit stop tyre change...or not, depending) that may not otherwise be a factor.

The problem I have is that the only option for the wear is 2X

If there were 5X and 10X, like in GTS, I could do a short 30 or 40 lap endurance race and force multiple pit 3 stops

The problem I have is that the only option for the wear is 2X

If there were 5X and 10X, like in GTS, I could do a short 30 or 40 lap endurance race and force multiple pit 3 stops

Welcome to my life of running a league and trying to force people to do multiple pitstops. The best recourse is some insane weather to force tire changes. That and damage, lots and lots of damage. People don't like that a whole lot for some reason. :lol:

Back