Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,651 comments
  • 771,918 views
Can't say I fully understand all this mad Enzo hate now that he won a singles belt. Why would something like that kill 205 Live? If anything, if WWE plays their cards right like RESHI said, that can make the whole show a far more interesting watch. Let's not treat Enzo's victory as if he's the Cruiserweight Roman Reigns. Because at least Enzo is legitimate funny with his speech, unlike Roman is "funny" for different reasons...

And Cesaro's injury is certainly scary. Guy can't catch a break, or a period where he doesn't break something in his body... :nervous:
To be honest, I hated him past the 2nd week of his main roster debut. Always found him to be massively repetitive. However this new angle they're giving Enzo now and incorporating some real world elements into this, is making it interesting as he seems to have new material to work with now that fits more into his character than just an all talk no bite idiot.
 
To be honest, I hated him past the 2nd week of his main roster debut. Always found him to be massively repetitive. However this new angle they're giving Enzo now and incorporating some real world elements into this, is making it interesting as he seems to have new material to work with now that fits more into his character than just an all talk no bite idiot.

Well I never despised his old gimmick, although some of his pre-match speeches were a tad bit repetitive between each other. But when he took them seriously, like when the feud with Big Cass started, I cut him some slack for that repetition. Of course that feud itself became pointless and repetitive fast, but at least it made Enzo look a bit less annoying for a brief while.
For now, I'll hold my breath until Enzo gets a few more matches with this new gimmick. There's no reason to believe his title reign will kill 205 Live so early... Besides, I'm more upset at someone else who wasn't given a fair title reign. Remember one Akira Tozawa...?
 
Enzo really did get killed last night, did anyone see what happened after Raw??
 
Why would something like that kill 205 Live?

In my view at least they are pretty much doing it in the hope that fans will turn on him and that's about it. I just can't see this leading to any actual payoff other than them being able to release him without there being "Enzo" chants like there are for CM Punk. The only reason 205 is being used is because there really isn't a way they could do this using the main roster, so it pretty much cements their status as second tier show.
 
In my view at least they are pretty much doing it in the hope that fans will turn on him and that's about it. I just can't see this leading to any actual payoff other than them being able to release him without there being "Enzo" chants like there are for CM Punk. The only reason 205 is being used is because there really isn't a way they could do this using the main roster, so it pretty much cements their status as second tier show.
I don't think the "Enzo" chants would even last long, he hasn't had a long lasting impactful run unlike someone like CM Punk.
 
In my view at least they are pretty much doing it in the hope that fans will turn on him and that's about it. I just can't see this leading to any actual payoff other than them being able to release him without there being "Enzo" chants like there are for CM Punk. The only reason 205 is being used is because there really isn't a way they could do this using the main roster, so it pretty much cements their status as second tier show.

Somehow I think nothing of the sort will happen. Enzo is not that popular when it comes to face wrestlers. And besides, people like Tye Dillinger, who have done next to nothing in their main roster run thus far, still get chants anyways even they're not wrestling on the shows. The "Ten" chants have a lot more power than the "Enzo" chants, and Tye has won about zero titles thus far...
In fact, I'm going to refer to what newLEGACY said during their commentary of the show; Enzo could become a wrestler like Toru Yano if the cards are played right. A guy who just tries to cheat at any chance he gets just to run away with a victory, no matter how goofy the cheating looks. It can suit his style to a tee, plus it goes well with his newfound "chicken wrestler" personality. And like RESHI said, Enzo's singles run has barely started anyways...
 


This has to be one of the most brutal beatups I've ever seen on Enzo.
 
Michael Cole wont be on Raw tomorrow night as he is attending his son's wedding, Tom Philips will take over, its the first Raw without Cole in nearly 10 years.

Brock Lesnar defended his title at a live event Friday night against Sheamus, Lesnar won clean (obviously!) an then hit Cesaro with an F5 after he tried to interfere.
 
I went to see WWE Live last night with my grandma and uncle. I have no voice right now :)
 
That excessive shouting probably is the reason. Then again it is expected since you're amped up to see wrestler wrestle in real life. I would too lose my voice if I see two of my favorite wrestlers of this era (Seth Rollins and AJ Styles) in real life and see them wrestle.
 
SD Live was better last night and the HIAC card for Sunday looks pretty good, the HIAC match between Shane McMahon and Kevin Owens is now also a Falls Count Anywhere match, so its now a Hell In A Cell match and Falls Count Anywhere, don't think that's been done before, can it be both?!

Owens attacked Shane in the main event segment last night, Sami Zayn warned Shane that KO is a dangerous person when he snaps, there are some Twitter rumours that Zayn will turn heel on Sunday and cost Shane the match.

Enzo and the Cruiserweights were last on Raw for the second week running where Enzo basically addressed them and insulted them one by one, and some of the insults were truly savage!, it was then announced by Kurt Angle that Kalisto was the latest signee to the division and will challenge Enzo for the title, which got a very lukewarm reaction for the crowd.

The upcoming SHEILD reunion got one step closer after all three members were attacked by Sheamus/Cesaro and the Miz, Raw closed with Reigns backstage grimacing and aching from his beat down in his locker room when Ambrose and Rollins showed up, and they just stood there and nodded at each other, but that was enough for the crowd to go mental.
 
SD Live was better last night and the HIAC card for Sunday looks pretty good, the HIAC match between Shane McMahon and Kevin Owens is now also a Falls Count Anywhere match, so its now a Hell In A Cell match and Falls Count Anywhere, don't think that's been done before, can it be both?!
It could in the Video Games, so I guess it can apply here :P
 
Owens attacked Shane in the main event segment last night, Sami Zayn warned Shane that KO is a dangerous person when he snaps, there are some Twitter rumours that Zayn will turn heel on Sunday and cost Shane the match.
Zayn turning heel. I don't think its possible for Zayn to be heel. He's one of those guys where he's a pure babyface. If Miz can't get over his face turn back in 2013 since he's a pure heel, then I don't think Zayn will get over as a heel.
 
Im actually starting to like this Enzo turn. I do wish they had thought it out a little as Kalisto seems like an escape clause for the corner they backed themselves into.

I'm also extremely ready for Jinder to lose the title even though it's not happening any time soon. Watching him try pulling this run off has been as interesting as watching paint dry on a humid day.

Also, War Games is coming back as the name/headline match of the NXT Takeover event in November.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...-bringing-back-war-games-nxt-takeover-houston
 
Also, War Games is coming back as the name/headline match of the NXT Takeover event in November.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...-bringing-back-war-games-nxt-takeover-houston


BOOOOOOOOOO I wanted to post that, I had a semi-clever lead in and everything written in my head :(

For the curious, this run of War Games is Sanity v.s Cole/Fish/O'Reilly (because The Undisputed Era is a hilariously bad name and I'm not typing it more than need be) v.s Authors of Pain and Roderick Strong.





This wrestling fanfiction is getting too weird.
 
BOOOOOOOOOO I wanted to post that, I had a semi-clever lead in and everything written in my head :(

For the curious, this run of War Games is Sanity v.s Cole/Fish/O'Reilly (because The Undisputed Era is a hilariously bad name and I'm not typing it more than need be) v.s Authors of Pain and Roderick Strong.





This wrestling fanfiction is getting too weird.
When WWE Universe mode cutscenes make more sense than the actual product :lol:
 
When WWE Universe mode cutscenes make more sense than the actual product :lol:

WrestleMania main event:
Heath Slater defeats Triple H to retain the World Heavyweight Championship





Actual match I had one of the games spit out for me.
 
WrestleMania main event:
Heath Slater defeats Triple H to retain the World Heavyweight Championship





Actual match I had one of the games spit out for me.
Well for mine in one of the games, Triple H and Santino Marella were having a feud over Stephanie McMahon :lol:

Would you believe me if I also said Santino won the feud as well?
 
In 2K17, I had Neville defeat Brock Lesnar to become WWE Universal Champion, then lost it at Wrestlemania to Tyler Breeze.
 
Eva
In 2K17, I had Neville defeat Brock Lesnar to become WWE Universal Champion, then lost it at Wrestlemania to Tyler Breeze.
That reminds back when I tried the promo engine for the first time with Neville, he turned heel and face so many times (some comments were him appreciating the fans while others were blatant insults) with my lack of understanding, you could argue I was actually playing as Big Show.
 
I spent most of my time in 2K17 doing championship matches. One thing I wish is that they should allow wrestlers to hold two titles during their entrance and we're only stuck with 3 different double title entrances (Randy Orton, SCSA, and The Rock).

Back in 2K15 I experienced one of the greatest matches I've ever played in any wrestling game. CM Punk vs RVD for the Intercontinental and ECW Television title in a Extreme Rules 2 out of 3 falls match. Another match I did that was great was AJ Styles vs Brock Lesnar vs Finn Balor vs Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE and United States title in 2K17.
 
I've never been big on the promo engine that's been used in recent games. It just doesn't make sense and isn't creative. My favorite match from 2K17 was with different created wrestlers. I had my wrestler in a 4-way falls count anywhere match and at one point all four of us were in the crowd brawling. It was amazing.
 
Sort of back on topic, I'm not entirely familiar with War Games, it was a WCW gimmick wasn't it? involving three steel cages or something??
 
Sort of back on topic, I'm not entirely familiar with War Games, it was a WCW gimmick wasn't it? involving three steel cages or something??
It was one of the 3 factors that inspired the Elimination Chamber, (along with Royal Rumble and Hell in a Cell.
 
Sort of back on topic, I'm not entirely familiar with War Games, it was a WCW gimmick wasn't it? involving three steel cages or something??
It was a cage around two rings I think I remember from watching the whaculture video about war games coming.
 
OK then so we have our second PPV in three weeks tonight, it Smackdown's Hell In A Cell and here is the card.

Kick-Off Show

Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin v The Hype Bros

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bobby Roode v Dolph Ziggler

Randy Orton v Rusev

United States Championship
AJ Styles (c) v Baron Corbin

Smackdown Tag Team Championship-Hell In A Cell Match
The New Day (c) v The Usos

Smackdown Women's Championship
Natalya (c) v Charlotte

Hell In A Cell Match-Falls Count Anywhere
Shane McMahon v Kevin Owens

WWE Championship-Hell In A Cell Match
Jinder Mahal (c) v Shinsuke Nakamura

Decent looking card, as much as Id like to see the WWE title taken off Jinder I cant see it, the never ending quest to get him over will continue.

I think the Falls Count Anywhere thing has been added so Shane can fall off stuff and do stunts, maybe it'll be Kevin who falls off the Cell...
 
OK then so we have our second PPV in three weeks tonight, it Smackdown's Hell In A Cell and here is the card.

Kick-Off Show

Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin v The Hype Bros

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Bobby Roode v Dolph Ziggler

Randy Orton v Rusev

United States Championship
AJ Styles (c) v Baron Corbin

Smackdown Tag Team Championship-Hell In A Cell Match
The New Day (c) v The Usos

Smackdown Women's Championship
Natalya (c) v Charlotte

Hell In A Cell Match-Falls Count Anywhere
Shane McMahon v Kevin Owens

WWE Championship-Hell In A Cell Match
Jinder Mahal (c) v Shinsuke Nakamura

Decent looking card, as much as Id like to see the WWE title taken off Jinder I cant see it, the never ending quest to get him over will continue.

I think the Falls Count Anywhere thing has been added so Shane can fall off stuff and do stunts, maybe it'll be Kevin who falls off the Cell...

You forgot the most important thing, we may finally get a payoff to Fashion Files! Which I certainly hope we do as it's nearing the point where it has been dragged out for so long it's making me lose interest.
 
Yeah that runs run its course now, hopefully Breeze and Fandango will get their change in the ring..
 
I got the free trial for WWE Network so I can watch Hell in a Cell tonight. Real good matches that I want to see!
 
Back