Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,651 comments
  • 771,924 views
Watching the Pre-show, Tye Dillenger has been added to the US Title match to make it a triple threat, sort of makes sense as he has been involved in the Styles-Corbin feud and he pinned Corbin on SD this past week....albeit with a roll up.
 
Did the Usos win the Tag Team titles? I missed the match.
 
Figured

And holy crap! Baron Corbin the new US Champion!
 
Last edited:
Natalya's a sore winner.
 
Sami Zayn heel turn!

I guess it makes sense since he has pretty much been buried on Smackdown.
 
My heart jumped when Shane and Kevin were on top of the cell. The impact from the fall gave me shivers. Awesome match and PPV though :)
 
My hope? We get a shades of grey thing with Zayn and the buddy thing he had with Owens gets brought up again.




Of course, how to explain how they're friends again is another matter. Let's say something involving therapy and a Dr. Shelby cameo.
 
So I guess WWE buried the Zayn vs. Owens forever memes.

Funny how there is no mention of the WWE Championship match, shows you how much they buried the Championship. I don't even care about it anymore, it's in a worse state than the Intercontinental Championship has ever been.
 
And I thought kevin was gonna throw Shane off the cage. Lol great match though.
 
Opening match for the tag titles was brilliant and we shouldn't really expect any less from two teams that have amazing chemistry with each other.

The main event was fantastic too, the bit on top of the cage was heart-pounding and I couldn't take my eyes off it, the ending was a true Holy **** moment, hope Shane is OK, cant wait for Smackdown on Tuesday and its been a long time since I could say that.

The only other match of significance for me was the US Title match which Corbin won, great match and didn't see the title change coming, the rest of the card was very and instantly forgettable.
 
For anyone who missed the PPV, here are the results:

Gable and Benjamin defeated The Hype Bros
The Usos
are the new SmackDown Tag Team Champions
Randy Orton
defeated Rusev
Baron Corbin
is the new United States Champion
Natalya
is still SmackDown Women's Champion
Jinder Mahal
is still WWE Champion
Bobby Roode
defeated Dolph Ziggler
Kevin Owens
defeated Shane McMahon
 
Delete
 
Last edited:
Seems like Shane is OK, WWE released a statement earlier about his condition but it was full of WWE-speak like 'local medical facility', it did say however that he has bruised rubs and a neck fracture.
 
So it's officially The Shield Vs The Bartourage at TLC. Bo was "injured" last week and it looks like Curtis suffered the same fate tonight, which explains why they are not in the match.

Also, Kalisto vs Enzo has been moved to tonight in a Lumberjack match with the no contact clause suspended. Which of course means the entire 205 roster is beating the crap out of Enzo again.
 
Man I'm excited now that The Shield are back. Now let me hear those 6 words once more in the next Raw during their entrance so I can finally be happy.
 
I am really happy for Kalisto and kind of glad Enzo run was cut but it feels was too premature.

I thought WWE was going to make Enzo reign last long and help flesh out his character, Enzo even started to look annoyed during the match which was something new to actually watch of him.

Seems WWE kinda gave up on making Enzos run interesting, granted the writers did write themselves into the corner with that contact clause.
 
I am really happy for Kalisto and kind of glad Enzo run was cut but it feels was too premature.

I thought WWE was going to make Enzo reign last long and help flesh out his character, Enzo even started to look annoyed during the match which was something new to actually watch of him.

Seems WWE kinda gave up on making Enzos run interesting, granted the writers did write themselves into the corner with that contact clause.

I think it was actually a great decision. Enzo has built his character around running his mouth with the benefit of having a safety net (Big Cass, Big Show and the contact clause) to get him out of whatever jam he gets into. In the latest case his mouth has gotten him into trouble with an entire division (sans Daivari and Tozawa for some reason) because they couldn't touch him or they would be fired. Now that he is no longer champ he no longer has the protection, so WWE suddenly has plenty of options when it comes to Enzo. I'm expecting him to somehow win at TLC, at which point he will form some other scheme to get another safety net for his mouth.

I'll be honest, I was very critical of this move when it happened, but I've moved in the direction of being interested in it.
 
Really enjoyed Raw, very good show, excited for the Shield reunion and hope its not a one time thing for TLC.

One thing I don't lie is the whole Wyatt/Balor thing, Balor beat Wyatt in the last two PPV's so as far as I'm concerned the feud is done, and the whole 'Sister Abigail' thing is really meh, it looks like Bray Wyatt in make up wearing a veil.
 
Really enjoyed Raw, very good show, excited for the Shield reunion and hope its not a one time thing for TLC.

One thing I don't lie is the whole Wyatt/Balor thing, Balor beat Wyatt in the last two PPV's so as far as I'm concerned the feud is done, and the whole 'Sister Abigail' thing is really meh, it looks like Bray Wyatt in make up wearing a veil.

Paige as Sister Abigail is an idea my friends had earlier, that would be a decent enough idea.
 
So apparently Neville was supposed to be in the CW title match on Raw on Monday and was due to win the title back from Enzo....but he wasn't even there, and now there are reports that that is because earlier on Monday he asked for his release from WWE, only reported though...

On SD last night, Sami Zayn explained his actions from HIAC and said it was because of him being largely ignored by Shane and SD since switching brands and that Shane pretty much ignored him in the backstage segment a few weeks ago, also said that whilst KO has been his best friend and bitter enemy he is still his brother and they then hugged it out, going to take a while to get used to having Zayn as a heel, especially with his entrance music.

Main event was the US title rematch from HIAC between Corbin and Styles, Styles definitely deserved a one-on-one match with Corbin for the title as Corbin beat Dillinger for the title and not Styles, but alas Corbin won last night clean with the End Of Days.
 
(...) going to take a while to get used to having Zayn as a heel, especially with his entrance music.

Thing is, considering that very same heel turn, it's very unlikely that WWE will keep his theme song. Either one of two things will happen; the song changes entirely (a la Big Cass), or the song gets a slowed down tempo because that immediately makes people evil (a la Neville)... Or he takes Kevin's song because that's what best friends are for...? :lol:
 
Brock Lesnar v Jinder Mahal planned for Survivor Series, neither titles will be on the line.
 
Interesting development with Neville quitting WWE: https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe...-he-made-neville-quit-at-house-show?key1=fbwa

Aside from this, I feel kind of burned from WWE. It's suffering way too many problems right now. While Zayn + Owens and S.H.I.E.LD reunion are interesting it isn't enough for me to get into the product.

I won't complain about Lesnar's title reign again since it'll be a repeat of what I said back in 2014, but really don't like how WWE are going through with this again which starting to make Raw feel pretty empty especially since there is no real big evil to somewhat keep the main show. As much as I hate the Authority angle and felt like it went too long, it presence kind of (not completely) made up for a lack of a World Champion present. I'm a bit eiry of the S.H.I.E.L.D to be honest, as it could be just a quick stunt to get people into Roman Reigns before his planned main event at Mania against Lesnar and then immediately break apart, and if this becomes clear this ploy will completely fail.

Smackdown I find slightly better, the US Title has more people to care about than the IC Title which I only really care for The Miz. I've already ranted about Mahal as WWE Champion and how it isn't working but this long into reign and it seems to be getting worse. The whole point of his reign which was to promote WWE to another country and culture, and his character of thinking he is victimized of racism was completely shafted when he did racist stunts against Shinsuke. He hasn't pulled any must see moments and nothing really is making me impressed with him and more feels like writers pulling stuff out of their ass, this is the biggest hurdle when you push a former jobber this much and they failed awfully.
 
I can't say I disagree with you on anything.

TLC is shaping up to be a lackluster ppv with it pretty much being 1 interesting match and a bunch of filler. Unless they change things tonight the Universal title won't even be mentioned, the women's and cruiserweight titles have boring storylines and the rest of the belts are tied up in the main event.

Smackdown isn't much better as the only title that seems interesting is the US title now that the Uso/New Day story is over. I used the WWE Championship match as a good time to take a shower, that's how much I dislike the Jinder run. The Owens/Zane vs. Shane could be interesting, but I'm on the fence.

It's also a shame what has become of the women's division of both shows, it seems like half the time they don't even try hiding the fact they have nothing by just throwing together a multi-person match.

Hopefully they can turn things around because Survivor Series isn't looking all that promising either.
 
I think I agree with most of what you guys are saying, I'm beyond bored of the Jinder thing but the fact is that he will be champ until the India tour in December where he will be a face, Raw does feel empty without the Universal title there and there is a big gap at the top of the show which is only being filled on a show-to-show basis, like tonight when they have a Steel Cage Match between Reigns and Strowman, at least that should be good. I hope the SHEILD reunion is just a one-off but I fear it is.

I really hope that Neville didn't leave because of Enzo and that story isn't true, Neville is a great talent and will be missed, I heard that he was promised a big run on Raw away from the Cruiserweights but didn't get it.
 
I think at this point WWE isn't even trying. :lol:
 
Kane returned and chokeslammed Reings twice and gave him a tombstone piledriver to let Strowman win the cage match on Raw Kane is joining Miz’s team on Sunday for TLC.
 


I just love hearing those six words after three years and seeing the old outfits again. I also noticed that their theme is a mix between Roman's theme and old Special Op (Shield) theme.
 
Back