Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,651 comments
  • 771,845 views
I also noticed this TLC is taking the 2013 approach where there is only one match that feels the gimmick.

Makes the whole TLC feel kind redundant.

I'm also getting vibes that we might be getting too many people Miz's team only for them to job, the more people they add is going to bad for all of the team members involved and I'm not sure Raw can afford that, especially when Strowman still needs to recover from No Mercy.
 
The whole thing is a mess, Kane being added to an already bloated main event for no real reason and one of the other matches is Finn Balor in 'Demon' form and Bray Wyatt as 'Sister Abigail', I mean what the **** is that?!
 
It's been awhile since I've watched a TLC match so I may just be remembering wrong. But don't they have to climb a ladder and retrieve something to win? I can't recall them saying any titles were on the line, so what are they going to be reaching for?

I'm just glad I didn't buy tickets for this. I can understand why they are having a hard time filling seats considering nose bleeds start at $43. There are still quite a few tickets available as well.

Nia has also been granted a leave of abscense, hopefully nothing is wrong and she's not leaving.
 
Since 2012 TLC matches could have the old wrestling game approach where you win by pinfall or submission. Happen twice already.
 
Since 2012 TLC matches could have the old wrestling game approach where you win by pinfall or submission. Happen twice already.
 
Jinder issued the challenge to Brock Lesnar for Survivor Series and Brock will return on Raw next week to respond, Jinder said that he has beaten every one on the Blue brand and wants to face the biggest name right now, then AJ turned up and said to Jinder that he hasn't beaten him (or indeed faced him!) they then had a bit of a brawl, I would much rather have Jinder v AJ right now than Jinder v Brock...
 
Samoa Joe is featured heavily in the latest radio ads for TLC here so I'm guessing he will make an appearance at some point (probably as the 400th member of the Miztourage).
 
Several rumours suggesting that the fact that Neville walked out will spark a mass exodus among the talent which may be true given the Nia Jax situation.

With that and the recent decline in live show attendances plus the overall product not being generally that good as we've discussed, worrying times for the WWE??
 
The issue isn't even any obscene things that need to change. The only issue here right now is horrible writing.

As much as I hate the reign, I think the Mahal reign as WWE Champion could've worked as a way to promote the product in India if it was written better. He should've been built up and started winning feuds and then eventually winning the title before the India Tour to gather quick hype as well as make Mahal look like a credible champion, instead something that really should only happen in a WWE Universe mode playthrough. I can tell Owens and Zayn is being written poorly (which is a shame). Zayn just sounds absolutely cringey and unless this is all a hoax to get back at Owens (which would then just make Owens look Bray Wyatt levels of stupid)

Over at Raw, it just doesn't even feel like they're trying with their writing. While still being told to try and push Roman and get people by his side before Wrestlemania.
 
The issue isn't even any obscene things that need to change. The only issue here right now is horrible writing.

As much as I want to hate on the writing, I don't know that I can put all the blame on them. They are tasked with trying to make compelling stories that have major payoffs once and sometimes even twice a month. I think if they went to one PPV a month the writing would benefit as they would have more time to build stories.

Granted I do think they deserve a bulk of the blame as they should be doing far more with the talent they have. TLC for instance feels more like a somewhat decent Raw instead of a must-see PPV.

As much as I hate the reign, I think the Mahal reign as WWE Champion could've worked as a way to promote the product in India if it was written better. He should've been built up and started winning feuds and then eventually winning the title before the India Tour to gather quick hype as well as make Mahal look like a credible champion, instead something that really should only happen in a WWE Universe mode playthrough.

While I have felt for awhile that they should have built it up over time, after thinking about it they could have used a slow build up to make the India trip even bigger.

Had they done some other feuds building up to his championship and held off until right before the trip to have him win it they could have done his celebration i front of his (Kayfabe) home town.

I can tell Owens and Zayn is being written poorly (which is a shame).

What, you don't like Owens telling Zayne to hug him hard? :lol:
 
Right then some big news has broken in the last hour and its to do with the TLC card on Sunday...

You may have noticed a few people were off Raw this past week. Bray Wyatt and Ring announcer Jojo, they were both off because of illness, Viral meningitis to be exact (they are dating in real life), plus Bray's brother Bo Dallas who has missed Raw in the last few weeks for the same reason.

Now WWE were worried that the contagious illness would spread and affect the rest of the roster, indeed news broke yesterday that they were considering changes to the show on Sunday....and they have....and there are some BIG changes!

Firstly and perhaps the least surprising is that Bray Wyatt has been pulled from the show to face Finn Balor, his replacement?? none other than AJ Styles! That's right AJ is coming over from the Blue side to face Balor in dream match!, Next is even bigger that, Roman Reigns has been pulled which means the much hyped SHIELD reunion is off for now at least, so who replaces him in the main event?? KURT ANGLE!!!!....Nope I'm not making that up Kurt Angle will be back in a WWE ring this coming Sunday!

Suddenly the TLC card looks more appealing!
 
I'm guessing TLC is now a non-canon house show like event then :lol:.

If only there was actual story behind these changes, I understand why they happened and they are appealing compared to the original incarnations but I can't really get behind random matches thrown together because dream match.
 
This is all legit stuff, its on their website...just thought id mention that.

Kevin Owens is missing some shows this weekend for personal reasons and has been given some absence leave, all kicking off!
 
Should also point out, kind of outside WWE that Bubba/Bully Ray has announced his retirement. It's not too surprising since he suffered a really bad injury at ROH but he had really respectable career.
 
I think Vince is close to having an aneurysm with everything going on.
 
My Twitter feed has exploded since the news broke!

AJ v Finn is going to be awesome, they are going to rip it up. I should point out that the main event is still 5-3 TLC match and I bet Miz pins Angle to win and screw him over.
 
I'm not surprised to see Bray get pulled considering his illness broke earlier in the week, AJ replacing him is a shocker though. I wonder if Bray will still be in Demon attire or if he will stay in human form?

Roman on the other hand comes as a surprise, hopefully it's just a precaution and he hasn't caught the bug as well.

If only there was actual story behind these changes

Well, it's not like there was much of a story to begin with, so in a way these changes are going along with the original stories. :lol:

I just wish they would have kept the replacements a secret, even though I understand why they announced them beforehand.
 
Should also point out, kind of outside WWE that Bubba/Bully Ray has announced his retirement. It's not too surprising since he suffered a really bad injury at ROH but he had really respectable career.

Actually meant to touch on that at some point. Of all the people from the TLC days in the Attitude Era, who'd have banked on Jeff Hardy being the one still active over fifteen years later?

In more side notes, Kazuchika Okada's current reign as IWGP Heavyweight Champion is 488 days and counting, with the current record at 489 days. HISTORY. Next title defense is January 4th at Wrestle Kingdom 12 against Tetsuya Naito.

Speaking of Wrestle Kingdom 12, we'll get a better idea of the card for it after New Japan's next PPV, Power Struggle. Once the full card comes out, gonna do a preview of it like I had planned for the G1 Climax.
 
Actually meant to touch on that at some point. Of all the people from the TLC days in the Attitude Era, who'd have banked on Jeff Hardy being the one still active over fifteen years later?

In more side notes, Kazuchika Okada's current reign as IWGP Heavyweight Champion is 488 days and counting, with the current record at 489 days. HISTORY. Next title defense is January 4th at Wrestle Kingdom 12 against Tetsuya Naito.

Speaking of Wrestle Kingdom 12, we'll get a better idea of the card for it after New Japan's next PPV, Power Struggle. Once the full card comes out, gonna do a preview of it like I had planned for the G1 Climax.
Thanks for the update. I tried watching some G1 but couldn't get into it. Is Minoru Suzuki still NEVER Champ?
 
Thanks for the update. I tried watching some G1 but couldn't get into it. Is Minoru Suzuki still NEVER Champ?

Yep, defending against everyone's favorite cheating DVD merchant Toru Yano at Power Struggle in a bullrope deathmatch aka Texas bullrope match. (And if you haven't heard Minoru Suzuki's theme song already, check it out people, it's great)

Interesting note is the show will see the debut of someone New Japan has dubbed "Switchblade" for the time being. No solid ideas who it is but
word on the streets it's Sami Callahan.

Final card for WK12 should be announced in early December after the World Tag League wraps up.
 
Interesting note is the show will see the debut of someone New Japan has dubbed "Switchblade" for the time being. No solid ideas who it is but
word on the streets it's Sami Callahan.

Sami, huh...? Interesting choice. I've been following a bit of Lucha Underground, and I know he has made appearances there as Johnathan Crane, recently losing a hardcore Triple Threat against Cage and Mil Muertes in Ultima Lucha 3. But given the post-PPV clips, it gave me the impression he was sticking around the company for a while longer...

That aside, I'm pretty sure the only one who ends Okada's reign is Naito at WK12. After being screwed by the fans in their first WK title match together (they ended up pushing Nakamura vs Tanahashi for the Intercontinental title as the main event instead), and after losing to Jeff Hardy back when he wasn't inspired to wrestle, Naito's big Tokyo Dome victory has been long overdue. But it'll give Okada time to overwrite one more legendary record before he passes the torch...
 
It's certainly shifted a few things around that's for sure.
 
Final card for TLC tonight..

Kick-Off Show

Sasha Banks v Alicia Fox

---------------------------------------------------

Jack Gallagher & Brian Kendrick v Cedric Alexander & Rich Swann

Asuka v Emma

Finn Balor v AJ Styles

Cruiserweight Championship
Kalisto (c) v Enzo Amore

Raw Women's Championship
Alexa Bliss (c) v Mickie James

Five on Three Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match
Kurt Angle, Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose v Braun Strowman, Kane, Cesaro, Sheamus & The Miz.

That card is a bit of a mess isn't it! :lol:

Ill still be watching tonight though, for a laugh..

With all the changes in this PPV people have forgotten that Asuka is making her PPV debut tonight.


 
Outside of the Balor/Styles match the only other highlight tonight has been Jason Jordan throwing produce at Elias. Hopefully the main event delivers.
 
Last edited:
Well that match was a cluster fk. Angle pulled a lesnar/reigns returning mid match.
 
Well that match was a cluster fk.

I think it was bound to be one even before Angle was subbed in. There really wasn't much of a story going into it so it's not like they had much to feed off. I'm a tad disappointed I didn't see Kane and Strowman turning on each other seeing it was rather obvious in retrospect.

The worst part is I'm guessing we will get a Miz/Angle feud now. Granted it's not bad in itself, but the fact they are doing the exact same thing in Smackdown makes it rather uninteresting.
 
I don't think I'd ever be sick of seeing Elias doing things without seeing much of him before, but TLC really engraved that idea into my mind like a branding mark. And the sad thing is that instead of having more AJ vs Finn, I instead had more Elias. Even 3MB could make for a better singing segment than reject Walking Dead character. Yes, I just went there. And Booker? Elias is not money, he's never been money, and if you think he is, you'll go bankrupt! :lol:

The whole PPV more or less falls into "Bleh" rating, but you couldn't really expect much from a card ravaged by last second changes. Angle may have come back to the ring, but I bet Daniel Bryan is having the last laugh after this... And I'm surprised I don't see more backlash over Enzo's match, maybe he's just become a non-factor for people now.
 
Well I liked it, All three Women's matches were really good and delivered, Balor/Styles was easily match of the night, the main event was enjoyable despite being way too long.

Things I didn't like where, the Cruiserweight tag match (really don't care), Enzo regaining the CW title and Elias v Jordan plus the fact that Kurt came out in SHEILD gear and not his singlet to his own music (and maybe pyro). But apart from that I thoroughly enjoyed it. 👍
 
Back