Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,249 comments
I was initially hoping for a Jason Jordan heel turn as I could see him acting like an entitled heel rather well but it seems WWE aregoing in the direction of us rooting for him and meant to feel bad, when I was actually on Stephanie McMahon's side the entire time.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what their thought process is with the Jason Jordan bit. It's going to take more than a "fighting through a kayfabe injury" gimmick to get him over. I was kind of hoping they scrapped the whole illegitimate son thing considering they hadn't mentioned it in awhile pass a mention or two.

Also, was there really not a single appearance by Bliss? I know it would be hard to do a real promo given tonight's title match, but it seems odd to not have any build from the Raw side (unless she's going to pop up on Smackdown of course).

Haven't seen all of Raw, got about the last 45 minutes of it to watch, Great news about Triple H replacing Jordan and it makes the match even huger now!, the six man tag with the SHEILD and Miz Cesaro/Sheamus was really good. no surprise that they made SS a four hour show, it was getting too big.

James Ellsworth has been released by WWE.

I genuinely liked having him around and I think he will be missed, he got his dream job for over a year that he wasn't supposed to have and he wrestled AJ Styles for the WWE title, good for him. 👍

He did an incredible job turning a one-off into a one year contract.

I kind of wish they kept him on though as managers seem to be a dying breed, especially ones that are willing to take a little abuse.

James Ellsworth has been released by WWE.

I genuinely liked having him around and I think he will be missed, he got his dream job for over a year that he wasn't supposed to have and he wrestled AJ Styles for the WWE title, good for him. 👍
It's a bit of a shame, but at the same time I'm glad he won't be lingering around for years being pointless comedy filler like Hornswoggle was.

Supposedly the main show could hit the 5 hour mark. :scared:

War Games is looking to be the better option this weekend, there isn’t a bad looking match on the card.

NXT Takeover War Games card.

The Velveteen Dream v Aleister Black

Kassius Ohno v Lars Sullivan

NXT Women's Championship-Fatal Four Way Match
Kairi Sane v Peyton Royce v Ember Moon v Nikki Cross

War Games Match
Sanity v Undisputed Era v Authors Of Pain & Roderick Strong

NXT Championship
Drew McIntyre (c) v Andrade 'Cien' Almas

War Games Rules.
Two rings will be back-to-back surrounded by a Steel Cage.
All three teams will be contained in a shark cages by the entrance way, with a member from each squad starting the match.
After a five-minute period the remaining members of one team will be released and allowed to enter the match.
When another three-minute period elapses, the remaining members of another team will be released and allowed to enter the match.
Following another three-minute period, the final team members are relased and enter the match.
Once all three teams have entered the match, victory can be attained by pin-fall or submission.

Rumour is they were planning on doing a transgender gimmick with Ellsworth, leading up to a title match at Wrestlemania.

No wonder he took his release so well. :scared:

Wow, and I thought my feeling that Ellsworth would head a revived "Right To Censor" (only this time packaged as "regressive leftists") was far-fetched.

I don’t think I’ve ever gone from hating to loving a character as fast as I have with Velveteen Dream. :lol:

Cant watch Takeover, too tired and I'll be staying up to watch Survivor Series tomorrow night/Monday morning despite work early on Monday. I'll watch Takeover in the week if I can.

Here's the card for Survivor Series tonight.

Kick-Off Show

Cruiserweight Championship

Enzo Amore (c) v Kalisto

-----------------------------------------------

Champions v Champions
Cesaro & Sheamus (Raw tag champs) v The Usos (Smackdown tag champs)

The New Day v The SHEILD

5-5 Elimination match-Women's
Alicia Fox (Capt), Sasha Banks, Nia Jax, Bayley & Asuka v Becky Lynch (Capt), Natalya, Naomi, Carmella & Tamina

Champion v Champion
Baron Corbin (US Champ) v The Miz (IC Champ)

Champion v Champion
Alexa Bliss (Raw Women's) v Charlotte (Smackdown Women's)

5-5 Elimination match-Men's
Kurt Angle (capt), Braun Strowman, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor & Triple H v Shane McMahon(capt), Randy Orton, Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Roode & John Cena

Champion v Champion
Brock Lesnar (universal) v AJ Styles (WWE)

Very stacked card and the WWE have down a lot of work in the last two weeks to make it better, cant wait for tonight. 👍

McIntyre may have torn his bicep during the match last night. Whether it’s a work or not is unknown. Given the timing it could just be a convenient way for him to debut at the Rumble.

What is known is Alexander Wolfe’s injury is most certainly real. :scared:

So the PPV tonight starts at midnight here in the UK and is scheduled to finish at 4am, I'm doing a 8am-5pm shift in work tomorrow and the same on Tuesday, I'm not sure if I can watch the whole thing tonight, might have to watch half and then watch the other half tomorrow night, but the problem with that is I have to avoid spoilers all day.

So the PPV tonight starts at midnight here in the UK and is scheduled to finish at 4am, I'm doing a 8am-5pm shift in work tomorrow and the same on Tuesday, I'm not sure if I can watch the whole thing tonight, might have to watch half and then watch the other half tomorrow night, but the problem with that is I have to avoid spoilers all day.

I think your crazy for even considering staying up for half of it. :lol:

Really the only match I’m interested in is the 5-on-5 men’s match as I have a feeling at least one Wrestlemania storyline will begin during the match (HHH vs. Angle). Shield vs. New Day is somewhat interesting, but it could have used more build-up.

I don't remember how I managed it but back a couple of years ago I did mania raw and then smackdown without sleep. Just thinking of that right now makes me nauseous.

Last edited:
Kick off show included Elias v Matt Hardy as well as the Cruiserweight title match.

Yes I'm going to try and stay up...

So in the end, Triple H buried both Raw and Smackdown only Braun Strawman being salvaged :lol:

Fun Fact: This the first time Raw actually won a Raw vs. Smackdown Men Tag Team match.

So in the end, Triple H buried both Raw and Smackdown only Braun Strawman being salvaged :lol:

Fun Fact: This the first time Raw actually won a Raw vs. Smackdown Men Tag Team match.
I wouldn't say that. Shinsuke and Roode were fed to Strowman, Joe was fed to Cena, Balor was fed to Orton, and now it's Triple H vs. Braun Strowman, Jason Jordan, and Kurt Angle together, where he'll probably lose to Strowman at Wrestlemania. Old guys 1, valuable talent 0.

So then, I did stay up to watch it, got around 90 mins sleep, done a long shift in work and now I'm home and I'm pretty dead!

But I think it was worth it as I thought it was a very good event overall, opening match between SHEILD and New Day was brilliant, Cesaro/Sheamus v Usos was really good as was Miz v Corbin (surprise winner there but I think Corbin needed the win more), Bliss v Charlotte was also a great match, and Lesnar v Styles surprised the hell out of me, I think AJ came out of that match with a lot.

Both 5-5 matches were kinda flat for me especially the Women's match which was quite messy with a lot of botches and confusing stuff like Becky going first, dont really know what happened with the Alicia Fox getting eliminated, it only really picked up when Asuka being the sole survivor hammered Tamina and Natalya.

The Men's match was better but also a bit confusing, Cena didn't really do much, neither did Angle, the crowd got quiet around halfway through the match and does the ending mean we get Triple H v Strowman now or Triple H v Angle??

Another week, another fatal 4-way to determine the Women’s #1 contender. :rolleyes:

Edit: scratch that, Paige is back with a couple MYC participants and pretty much destroyed everyone. Guess that explains why Nia didn’t get involved.

Last edited:
I hope LittleKuriboh does a Mark Remark of this weeks Raw, just for the fact his on-screen celebrity crush (or as he calls her, heavenly goddess) is back :lol:

Enjoyed Raw, main event was quite good, I agree with the title change, I really like the Miz and everything but stuff like this needs to happen to keep things fresh.

Very happy to see Paige, I think the WWE deserve a lot of credit here as she has been gone for a year for injuries and some other well documented stuff and they could have easily released her but they stood by her. Interesting to see some new faces too, Mandy Rose is not completely new as she won the Female version of Tough Enough a couple of years ago, had a stint on NXT before she took part on the MYC. Been hearing rumours that Smackdown isn't being left out either with Peyton Royce getting the call up....maybe tonight.

A little disappointed to see a lot of empty seats again, I know that been happening for a few months now but Survivor Series and last week Raw looked packed out.

Back