Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,247 comments
Ruby Riot, Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan are on Smackdown. They made pretty much the same style of entrance as the new Raw women and beat the crap out of Becky and Naomi.

I think in both cases they are good additions as the moves add 1 title contender and 2 mid-card wrestlers. If they start using the NXT title as a precursor to a main roster move like the men’s titles as well as a few other promotions it should help build a rather good roster on each show in a year or so.

Now if only they could develop some actual stories for the women’s division.

Isn't throwing a group of heels against a group of faces count as an actual womens story :lol:?

I'm concerned that Roman Reigns being IC Champion might be just as bad as when he was US Champion, I know it needed to be fresh but maybe they made Miz drop it to the wrong guy. Who knows, perhaps Roman Reigns may prove me wrong and will not just use it to insert himself into a main story while hardly acknowledging the titles existence.

Isn't throwing a group of heels against a group of faces count as an actual womens story :lol:?

I'm concerned that Roman Reigns being IC Champion might be just as bad as when he was US Champion, I know it needed to be fresh but maybe they made Miz drop it to the wrong guy. Who knows, perhaps Roman Reigns may prove me wrong and will not just use it to insert himself into a main story while hardly acknowledging the titles existence.
He's already said he's adopting an open challenge style to the championship.

I’m confused right now. KO and Sami are heels, I think, and Shane and New Day are faces, I think. However both sides were seemingly playing the opposite side last night. :confused:

I’m very tempted to just watch the PPVs when it comes to the main roster and only watch NXT on a weekly basis.

WWE have just announced their PPV schedule for 2018, there's no Great Balls Of Fire or No Mercy probably as a cost-cutting measure and Money In The Bank is now a dual-branded event (that seems like a good move), Elimination Chamber is now a Raw event after being on Smackdown the last two years, and finally there will be an NXT Takeover on the same weekend as the four major PPVS.

Fewer PPVs is one cost cutting measure I can get behind. As it is now there are so many they kind of ruin their novelty.

One thing I find disappointing though is Hell in a Cell being a Smackdown show again. I think the themed shows like this and Elimination Chamber should alternate on a yearly basis or feature both shows. Granted Elimination Chamber has switched to Raw so hopefully they will start doing this.

Money in the Bank as a brand exclusive event I always found was a confusing move, glad they decided to make it interbrand this time.

Money in the Bank as a brand exclusive event I always found was a confusing move, glad they decided to make it interbrand this time.
I guess they wanted to make sure running PPV's for extended hours would actually catch on before they went through the trouble of booking MITB matches for both brands. Also, they probably have no real idea of what to do with the Universal title once Brock finally drops it (assuming he does lose it before the next MITB, which may not happen), so having a cash-in to make it change hands quickly makes sense.

I also find it kinda ironic that WWE 2K18 added in the Great Balls of Fire arena on the roughly the same day that it was announced they're dropping it from the schedule.

AJ Styles v Jinder Mahal WWE Title match has been made for Clash Of Champions, which is the final PPV of the year and its Smackdown branded, Raw have got nothing for the rest of the year, Raw 25th Anniversary is next year just before the Royal Rumble.

Apologises for the double post but I have now seen Takeover from Saturday and I think it was probably better than Survivor Series, Black v Dream was superb (is Velveteen Dream Patrick Clark from Tough Enough??) the Fatal 4-way was a great match but Ember Moon was always going to win, Lars Sullivan is going to take some stopping, I was surprised to hear about Almas winning the NXT title but it seems McIntyre has a torn Bicep so maybe that's why he dropped the belt, good match though.

Match of the show for me was War Games, which was ****ing carnage and I loved it!

Patrick Clark is indeed Velveteen Dream and doing a damn fine job turning what should have been a horrible gimmick into gold (in my opinion at least).

WWE needs more young guys like him as they can’t rely on poaching the indies forever.

From the little bits I've seen of it, Starrcade 2017 really should've been a WWE Network special in the same way Beast in the East was.

...if only for Arn Anderson spinebustering Ziggler.

Heard little bits and pieces about on Twitter, WWE have dropped a clanger by not putting it on the Network.

Raw tonight will be about Roman Reigns putting his IC Title on the line in an open challenge and social media has been rife with rumours about who will step up.

Unlikely that we will see Miz or Becky Lynch for a while, they are both shooting the Marine 6 for the next few weeks, Becky took a big bump in that attack from the NXT newbies on SD last week to write her out and Miz took a bump through a table from the SHEILD after Raw last week to write him out, that's also why he dropped the title.

Is it just me or was both Raw and Smackdown pretty poor this week?

I think your far from being the only one.

It feels like they aren’t even trying on Raw, probably because the next PPV isn’t until the Royal Rumble. It’s also rather annoying that the women only got about 5 minutes.

Smackdown is inexcusable since CoC is right around the corner. Granted I only watched the first few minutes, but from the recaps I can see I didn’t miss anything. Making things worse is the fact I can’t figure out who I’m supposed to be booing in the main storyline. Kevin and Sami are supposed to be the bad guys, but Shane, who I think is supposed to be the face in all of this, also comes off as a heel.

To top it off NXT isn’t sounding all that great either as they’re still using the pre-Takeover stuff.

Only good things were the continuation of Paige and the five ladies from NXT coming in and shaking things up, I heard Naomi is injured from SD though but I don't know if its genuine, and I enjoyed the IC title match between Reigns and Elias and I liked how Reigns put Elias over even in defeat.

Apart from that, nothing really of note, although I did notice that Nakamura and Nia Jax were both off this week....and that's two weeks in a row now for Nia.

Hardy and WWE are now clear to use the Broken universe.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...pursuing-ownership-broken-universe-matt-hardy

Hopefully they let Matt have creative control.

LLjCFl0l.gif

Prepare your battlefields for destruction, Mister MeekMAHAN.

Since my phone plan has finally been upgraded to unlimited high speed data, I'm seriously tempted to finally cut the cord on most main-roster WWE and subscribe to New Japan World.

UPDATE: It's happening....

Last edited:
So Raw looks pretty good, Paige has her in-ring return against Sasha Banks, that should be a good match!, plus more Broken Matt Hardy and Roman Reigns IC title open challenge.

I'm both confused and intrigued with the whole Shane vs. Kevin Owens feud.

The story keeps putting the 2 Heels in babyface scenarios while giving the face a heel position.

Also that outfit of Mojo Rawleys was hideous hopefully it doesn't impact his heel run too much, I think him ditching the hype and being a dangerous heel could see another monster heel on the horizon IF WWE play their cards right.

I got a feeling that Bryan will get involved in the KO/Zayn tag team match at COC, he doesn't like Shane's treatment of them and may get involved to cost Orton and Shinsuke the match to save them, I seriously doubt that Owens and Zayn will get legit fired!

I'm really debating whether I want to buy a ticket for Fastlane tomorrow since it's in Columbus this year. I've been to a couple of Raw shows here in the past and Nationwide Arena is pretty good venue in general, but at the same time buying a ticket for a PPV three months in advance when there's not even a hint of what the card is going to look like feels like a real gamble.

WWE made history this week by having a Raw Women's title match in Abu Dhabi, it was the first time ever that a Woman's Wrestling match took place in the Middle East let alone a Woman's title match, Alexa retained against Sasha Banks, they couldn't wear they're usual attire and they had to cover up.

Triple H beat Jinder Mahal in India last night.

....yeah, there's some fairly serious allegations (with some proof) going around about former ROH World Champion Michael Elgin.

TL;DR: Alleged mishandling of a sexual assault case between one of the workers from Elgin's own promotion Glory Pro and a female fan. Some particularly dark private messages from Elgin himself directed at the accuser.

Back