Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,649 comments
  • 771,742 views
Raw last night wasn't bad.

The faction that MVP is putting together is taking shape after Shelton Benjamin pinned R-Truth to become new 24/7 champ and he then joined MVP and Lashley, the faction is called The Hurt Business which isn't a terrible name, they then had a six-man tag against Ricochet, Alexander and Mustafa Ali who is back on Raw, they also said that MVP is the uncrowned US champion.

Speaking of uncrowned champions Sasha Banks is not the Raw women's champions and Stephanie McMahon had to intervene to say that there will be another title match between Asuka and Sasha next week where the only way to win is via the usual pin fall, submission etc..., and if Bayley gets involved then Sasha loses. Bayley then had a match with Kairi Sane for what was likely Kairi's last match.

The unsanctioned match went was predicted, it was the main event and Orton won with two RKO's and a punt kick after the match.
 
A good Smackdown tonight. Nikki has another shot at Bayley next week.

AJ will defend against Gran Metalik after winning a #1 Contender Fatal 4 Way with Lince Dorado, Drew Gulak and Shorty G.

Naomi goes against Lacey next week as well.

As for the Bar Fight with Jeff and Sheamus, it was pretty good for a cine-match. It's almost up there with the Boneyard IMO.

And it looks like Kofi is taking time off, so he's handing the torch to Big E. I bet he'll be good for singles matches.
 
I bet he'll be good for singles matches.

He very much would be, but since this is WWE he will likely be in catering until either Kofi or Xavier comes back.
 
So Raw tonight will have WWE and Raw Women's title match and both are re-matches from Extreme Rules, McIntyre v Ziggler and Asuka v Banks.

The reason for having two major title matches on the same Raw show?! Well I think its to do with ratings, last weeks Raw drew the second lowest viewership in the shows history, and the lowest?...that actually was the week before!

Also tonight, Orton announces his next target and Dominick returns to call out Seth Rollins.
 
I have not watched it for so long. I tried, but I don't know anyone there now and it was not that interesting. I should maybe give it another shot...
 
So Randy Orton challenged Drew McIntyre at Summerslam for the title and the match has been made, Orton hit Drew with an RKO after Drew's Extreme Rules match with Dolph, that match was not for the title and they changed just before the show went on the air.

Sasha Banks is now officially the Raw women's champions after she beat Asuka via count-out, it was another great match between the two Sasha won when Bayley was beating up Kairi Sane backstage and Asuka went to her aid, Its a shame for Asuka as she could have definitely benefited from a long title reign but i guess they want to capitalize on the Bayley/Sasha thing for now. Also it was Kairi's last appearance as she took to Twitter to say goodbye.

Angel Garza and Andrade will face Street Profits at SS for the raw tag titles after they won a triple threat involving Viking Raiders and Ricochet/Alexander. The Rollins/Dominick segment was good as he came out to attack Rollins but then got double teamed Aleister Black came to his aid but he gor attacked as well and then got shoved into the ring-steps eye first like they did with Rey, Dominick then attacked Rollins/Murphy with a kendo stick. Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax got into a pull-apart brawl and then a match that went quickly to a double count out and was awful as Nia no-sold everything.
 
Another solid Smackdown! I liked the short promos in the beginning.

The IC match was good. AJ retains and attacked Lince Dorado after.

Big E and Miz was also great. I still think he's going to be a good single fighter until Kofi and Xavier return.

Naomi won against Lacey Evans, didn't watch the whole match though.

Sonya attacked Mandy backstage, so there might be a Summerslam match there.

Corbin won against Gulak and Riddle ambushed him before being suplexed by Shorty G. Looks like there's an alliance.

Finally, Bayley retains against Nikki again. She became distraught and shoved a comforting Alexa away before running backstage. Then, the lights went red...
 
I wasn't asking for Short-hair Mandy, but man, that was a segment... :eek:... Also, Will WWE really kill Alexa in favor of sister Abigail??
 
Apollo Crews returns to Raw tonight and will face MVP for the US title.

Both Nikki and Brie Bella gave birth over the weekend within a day of each other, congrats to Nikki and Artem and of course to Brie and Bryan.

XFL has apparently been sold to a bunch of buyers including Dwayne Johnson and his former wife Dany for $15 million.
 
While I'm not happy it's been relegated to YouTube I like this AEW Women's tournament thus far. Hopefully it's a sign they are at least starting to put some emphasis on the Women's division.

Also, happy to see Tay(nara) Conti, I always felt like she wasn't given the chance to really prove herself in NXT so hopefully AEW will help her reach her full potential.
 
While I'm not happy it's been relegated to YouTube I like this AEW Women's tournament thus far. Hopefully it's a sign they are at least starting to put some emphasis on the Women's division.

Also, happy to see Tay(nara) Conti, I always felt like she wasn't given the chance to really prove herself in NXT so hopefully AEW will help her reach her full potential.
I happened to catch that tonight as well, it was actually pretty fun. I agree on Taynara too.... she has a lot of learning to do but at times she shows flashes of some good potential. I was under the impression she was freelancing with them, but a good showing tonight won't hurt getting a full-time-ish gig.

They've had a rough time with their women's division from the get-go. Seems it's never been a focal point but they've also had some really unfortunate circumstances that have undercut whatever they have been trying to do.
 
Raw last night was...Jesus I don't know if I have the words!

Shane McMahon returned to WWE TV for the first time in nearly as year to introduce a new concept, its called 'Raw Underground' and its basically a ring backstage with no ropes and guys fighting MMA-style inside and women dancing on the outside, it had its own weird theme song, it was all quite bizarre.

Before the show there were rumours that a new faction would debut, that sort off did happen, throughout the start of the show they had a few 'power outages' where the lights would flicker and mics would cut out and later they cut to outside where a group of five individuals dressed in black were seen damaging the electric generator.

In actual wrestling news, Apollo Crews had a successful US title defense against MVP after winning clean and he won the new belt from MVP, Seth Rollins accepted a challenge from Dominick Mysterio for a match at Summerslam (that should be interesting!) Riott Squad are back together with Ruby and Liv beating Iconics, next week Asuka needs to beat Bayley for a title shot at Sasha at Summerslam.

All in all it was quite weird!
 
Raw last night was...Jesus I don't know if I have the words!

Shane McMahon returned to WWE TV for the first time in nearly as year to introduce a new concept, its called 'Raw Underground' and its basically a ring backstage with no ropes and guys fighting MMA-style inside and women dancing on the outside, it had its own weird theme song, it was all quite bizarre.
I'm just gonna pretend that this is what Shane would have actually done with WCW, had he actually taken over the company instead of it all being a storyline. The setting and production values just feel like something I would have expected circa 2002 or so. Or maybe the dancers just kinda reminded me of the Nitro girls, I dunno.
 
I was under the impression she was freelancing with them

IIRC most of the women's division is working without contracts, which is rather annoying when they hand them out to male wrestlers like they're nothing.
 



So who had Marty Jannetty: possible murderer as a thing to come up in August?
 
A few things happening on NXT.

Keith Lee was briefly a double champion holding both the NA and NXT title, that lasted around two weeks before he relinquished the North American title, it was then announced that there will be a five-person ladder match at the next takeover to determine the next NA champion, there have been triple threat qualifying matches in the last few weeks for the match, qualified so far are Bronson Reed (who surprisingly bested Jonny Gargano and Finn Balor in his match.) and Damien Priest. Dexter Lumis also qualified but had to pull out due to an ankle injury he picked up during his quali match last week, there will be another triple threat quali match next week featuring Kushida, Cameron Grimes and a mystery opponent, Lumis place will be the winner of a singles match featuring the two who didnt get pinned in their triple threat match-Jonny Gargano and Ridge Holland.

One weird thing is happening is Adam Cole v Pat McAfee (yeah that's right!) Cole was on McAfee's show a fortnight ago and Pat suggested the Cole wouldn't achieved what he has without the Unidisputed Era, Cole didn't like it and got in Pat's face and had to be thrown out, Pat was at NXT last night and seemingly made up with Cole but in the main event-NXT tag title match with holders Imperium v Fish and O'Reilly-Pat was on comms and said a few insulting things that Cole heard (he was ring side), there was a bit of a tussle in which Cole threw water at Pat and pat kicked Cole in the face.

Elsewhere it looks like it will be Lee v Karrion Kross for the NXT title and Dakota Kai is number one contender to Io Shirai's women's title after she beat Rhea Ripley...with help.

Finally the next takeover is called Takeover XXX, its the 30th takeover. I can't quite believe it as it feels like yesterday when they started doing them...
 
I'll be frank, I hate this McAfee angle, and I imagine it'll end up like LT vs. Bam Bam Bigelow if not worse. But, as expected, that's what people are talking about, so mission accomplished I guess.
 
I'll be frank, I hate this McAfee angle, and I imagine it'll end up like LT vs. Bam Bam Bigelow if not worse. But, as expected, that's what people are talking about, so mission accomplished I guess.

It seems like something you'd see on the main roster, which isn't a good thing. The only way I can see it working out well is if McAfee gets "injured" and has someone wrestle in his place (preferably a NXT wrestler returning from injury if there are any (I haven't been following closely) or a main roster guy moving to NXT).
 
Another awesome Smackdown!

Started with Riddle vs Sheamus. Ended up being a DQ when Shorty G interfered.

King Corbin vs Jeff Hardy was good until Sheamus interfered that. It then turned into Corbin vs Sheamus, which was probably one of the best matches tonight. Sheamus won after a distraction from Riddle.

The Fiend attempted to bait Strowman by using Alexa again, but it didn't work as he planned.

The Miz and Morrison did their thing on The Dirt Sheet by mocking Mandy with Sonya. Heavy Machinery came out to stop them.

Cesaro and Lince Dorado was okay. High flying and heavy hits.

Stephanie called up Bayley and Banks to tell them that they are defending their Women's titles at Summerslam. Banks will defend against Asuka and Bayley against the #1 Contender of a Triple Brand Royal Rumble next week (which sounds interesting).

Then there's the main event: Miz and Morrison vs Heavy Machinery. Things were going great until Mandy attacks Sonya, DQ'ing the match. The brawl continued backstage until the lights flickered.

The mysterious faction invaded the stage, scaring off Cole, Graves and the ring cameramen. They then attacked a few of the "fans" before they started vandalizing the arena with spray paint and a freaking chainsaw!
 
Last edited:
RETRIBUTION...is the name of the faction, WWE gave them that name this week, with all caps!

I found it a bit laughable to be honest, they all seem pretty small with no big guys (or ladies) among them, there are no big behemoths like Strowman in the group or muscular guys like Sheamus/Lashley, it looked a group of 15 year old's were invading.

I shouldn't mock the size really. I saw they had one female member though, and a couple of mixed race guys.
 
Mickie James is back on Raw tonight!

Plus Orton v Owens, Asuka v Bayley and Belair v Zelina Vega, plus more Raw Underground and maybe more RETRIBUTION.
 
Raw last night then.

Started off with the contract signing for Rollins v Dominik, Dominik also signed a WWE contract as well so he is now an official superstar, Rollins then had a match with Carillo which he won and afterwards Murphy and Rollins beat down Dominik with kendo sticks, Dominik was hit 30 times with sticks and Rollins hit him with the stomp, it was an uncomfortable watch and Dominik had some horrific marks on his body, my respect for him has gone up a lot now!

Asuka beat Bayley in a really good match and it means she now faces Sasha for the Raw title at Summerslam, Mickie James returned in a backstage segment with Lana and Natalya who are both heels now, RETRIBUTION didn't really invade like they did on Smackdown but they did smash a window with a concrete block and overturn a car in the car park.

Raw Underground had some improvements, they got rid of the dancing girls and changed the bad electro style music to rock style, Dolph Ziggler, Riddick Moss and Shayna Baszler were the superstars involved last night and Baszler took on three women at once.

The main event match/segment was Orton v Owens and they had a really good match which Orton eventually won but it was what happened afterwards that was newsworthy, Orton basically ditched Ric Flair calling him a liability and a hog for the spotlight, Flair gave a really good speech about him wanting to be by Orton's side when he breaks his record for title wins (he said 'not CENA'S record, MY record!') Orton then hit him with a low blow and a punt kick, but we didn't really see the kick as the lights went out.
 
From Summerslam next Sunday WWE will be holding its shows from the Amway Center in Orlando, they have been at the Performance Center since mid-March. Summerslam, Raw and Smackdown will be produced at the Amway, NXT will remain at the PC.

WWE production trucks are scheduled to arrive today to set things up and all personnel will have Covid-19 tests, the roster is said to be feeling good about the move to an actual arena-even with no/limited fans, it does seem like a positive step.
 
Glad they got the chance to move. It'll be nice to have a different environment.

Anyway, didn't get to watch Smackdown tonight since I had to work late. I did watch a couple of the snippets on YouTube to get an idea of what happened:

Asuka wins the Triple Brand Battle Royale, so now she faces both Banks and Bayley at Summerslam!

Kalisto returns and helped Gran Metalik win over Nakamura.

There was an interview with Alexa discussing the situation with her, Strowman and The Fiend.

Before Morrison and Big E began their match, RETRIBUTION ambushed them and wrecked the place.

That's all I could gather right now. They're probably going to be uploading more stuff later.
 
Mandy vs Sonya at Summerslam, Hair match!!
 
Back