Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,648 comments
  • 771,631 views
I'm a bit disappointed that its Asuka who won the battle royal and will face Bayley and Sasha at Summerslam, IMO it would have been much better with someone different rather than just having the same three ladies fighting for titles.

The retribution thing is stupid so far, I cant really see it improving.

I like the hair v hair match, Mandy and Sonya have been brilliant in this storyline and Sonya has been a great heel.
 
WWE have today confirmed that they will be residing from the Amway Center in Orlando from Smackdown this Friday, WWE won't call it the Amway Center though instead it will be called 'WWE ThunderDome' and it will feature a state-of-the-art set, video boards, pyro, lasers, cutting edge graphics and drone cameras, fans will be there virtually on massive LED boards and fans can register for their virtual seats for upcoming shows via WWEThunderDome.com. They are bigging this up quite a lot!

WWE Payback is next Sunday as WWE run PPV's on consecutive Sunday's for no apparent reason.

Shawn Michaels will be on Raw tonight to respond to Orton's attack on Ric Flair, HBK will most likely get kicked in the head himself.
 
So, how do these virtual seats work? Is it like you take a picture of yourself and send it to them?

Also, with my online classes starting Friday, I won't be able to give my reports on Smackdown. I could watch it on FS1, they usually rerun them over the weekend.
 
Not a lot happened on Raw last night.

Shawn Michaels did get RKO'ed and punt kicked in the head by Orton but he didn't sell it as well as Flair did last week and Michaels was on his feet after just a few minutes. McIntyre came to Michaels aid and attacked Orton and he got an RKO too.

Rey Mysterio returned to announce that he will be in Domink's corner for his match with Rollins at Summerslam, that match is now a street fight.

On Raw Underground Dolph Ziggler took on Erik, Shayna Baszlers friend Marina Shafir took on Evolve wrestler Brandi Lauren and Jassmyn Duke was supposed to have a match until Nia Jax got involved.

Retribution took apart the WWE production truck.

The most inexplicable thing to happen last night was the match between Mickie James and Natalya, firstly Mickie James has returned to WWE but she didn't have a proper entrance, secondly right in the middle of the match Seth Rollins came out to have an argument with Samoa Joe which obviously distracted from the match, and then Natalya won by count-out.
 
Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose were both at Deville's apartment when the intruder/stalker was there.

Its been reported that Renee Young is set to leave WWE, it will be a big shame if she went. She is one of the best interviewer/backstage personality WWE have ever had.
 
So turns out Goldberg is under WWE contract supposedly until 2022-ish w/two matches a year.
 
Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose were both at Deville's apartment when the intruder/stalker was there.

Its been reported that Renee Young is set to leave WWE, it will be a big shame if she went. She is one of the best interviewer/backstage personality WWE have ever had.
This is just an assumption, but she'll probably move to AEW to be closer to Moxley.

Another thing, turns out school starts next week. So, I'll be able to do my report for tonight's show at least :)
 
Vince McMahon will open Smackdown tonight at the new ThunderDome set.

They had a test match at the set with some cruiserweight wrestlers and some pics were leaked, it looks quite strange and a bit terrifying, something to get used to!
 
Vince McMahon will open Smackdown tonight at the new ThunderDome set.

They had a test match at the set with some cruiserweight wrestlers and some pics were leaked, it looks quite strange and a bit terrifying, something to get used to!

If it's anything like what I saw the NBA doing, I'd prefer empty arenas. That was awful. And of course everything has to be delayed and monitored to avoid "stuff" getting on the air which complicates matters.

[Pre-Post Edit] Found some of the pictures. Yeah, give me empty arenas any day.
 
They just showed a teaser for the Thunderdome. Better than the PC, that's for sure.
 
AJ Styles v Jeff Hardy for the IC title tonight too.

Probably won't be able to post the NXT Takeover card tomorrow as I'm in work all day.
 
Good Smackdown tonight. The Thunderdome looked fantastic.

It started with Mr. McMahon welcoming the Universe "Zoom call" when The Fiend interrupted. Strowman then came out to confront him but RETRIBUTION surrounded them both. Fiend then vanished, leaving Strowman with the group. They attacked him from all sides until the Smackdown locker room poured out to fend them off. During this, Styles had a cheap shot at Hardy's leg.

Next was Big E vs Sheamus with the locker room still at ringside to prepare for another ambush. The lights did flicker, but RETRIBUTION never returned. Big E won after Sheamus got distracted by Riddle and Corbin. After this, Hardy is shown in the medical room tending to his leg.

Mandy was interviewed backstage and was wanting her and Sonya to let this rivalry go. In another scene, Dana Brooke was also encouraging Sonya to drop the match at Summerslam. Sonya slugged Brooke and walked out to the ring. She then announced that the match is now a No DQ, and the loser leaves WWE.

Cesaro and Nakamura defended against Lucha House Party. They retained, but it looks like there's conflict between Dorado and Kalisto now.

Naomi challenged Banks and Bayley to a Beat the Clock challenge to determine who will face Asuka first. Banks will be first after Naomi pinned Bayley.

The IC match was a good one. Hardy and Styles kept trading blows with Styles getting the upper hand by targeting the injured leg. However, Hardy used his brace to counter the Styles Clash and Swanton Bombed to become the new Champion!

Lastly, Strowman invaded the Firefly Funhouse and dragged Wyatt into the back of the stadium. He chokeslams him off a truck loading area and Wyatt was rushed into an ambulance. However, it stops before it could go outside and backs up to it's original spot. The ambulance's interior lights then turned red and The Fiend emerges, laughing hysterically.

I'm really looking forward to Sunday. I think Summerslam is going to be a good one.
 
NXT Takeover kick-off show starts in 15 minutes, the pre-show match is a triple threat tag team number one contenders match.

Smackdown was pretty good, Talking Smack was back afterwards and they announced that the Universal title match between Strowman and Fiend is now a falls count anywhere match.
 
Cody was just murdered by The Exalted One. :eek:

Edit: The whole Nightmare Family was taken out by The Dark Order.
 
Last edited:
That was amazing.

I hadn't seen anything like that since Brock and John at Summerslam. The cadence was very similar. My first "holy 🤬" moment for AEW, and I'm all about it.

Also, thread title change because why not.
 
The topic title changed :eek:


Still of the opinion that Karrion Kross is a literal e-fed character brought to life.
 
That wasn't wrestling, that was a public execution!!!  Holy crap!!! :eek::eek:

What is TNT Latinamerica expecting??!! The end of the coronavirus??!! Bring AEW to latinamerica ffs!!! SPOILER]
 
That was amazing.

I hadn't seen anything like that since Brock and John at Summerslam. The cadence was very similar. My first "holy 🤬" moment for AEW, and I'm all about it.

Also, thread title change because why not.

Same here. I really haven't been into wrestling lately, I stopped following WWE prior to WrestleMania and have only been watching AEW on occasion, but if AEW keeps making episodes like they did tonight I'm all in (pun only slightly intended). I may even buy my first PPV of the year!
 
Same here. I really haven't been into wrestling lately, I stopped following WWE prior to WrestleMania and have only been watching AEW on occasion, but if AEW keeps making episodes like they did tonight I'm all in (pun only slightly intended). I may even buy my first PPV of the year!

Oh man, AEW is all I watch now. I stopped caring about WWE years ago. In fact, the last match I saw was AJ vs 'Taker, and that's literally because it was given away for free on Smackdown after he announced his retirement (still my favorite wrestler and always will be). AEW is a breath of fresh air. :dopey:
 
Finally a thread title change! thank you @Terronium-12 👍

Another fantastic Takeover last night, I would have picked either Bronson Reed or Damien Priest to win the NA title ladder match so I'm glad Priest won, Kross winning the NXT title from Keith Lee was a bit unexpected for me as Kross has only been there a few months and last night was just his 7th match but I get that he is getting a big push and i get the hype surrounding him, Kross actually wrestled much of the match with a separated shoulder and will need an MRI scan, I expect Lee to make his way to Raw/Smackdown soon. Pat McAfee was the performer of the night for me surprisingly, thought he was brilliant and it was probably the best non-wrestler performance I have seen!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Summerslam card for tonight.

Kick-Off Show

----------------------------------------------------------

United States Championship

Apollo Crews (c) v MVP

Raw Tag Team Championship
The Street Profits (c) v Andrade & Angel Garza

Smackdown Women's Championship
Bayley (c) v Asuka

Raw Women's Championship
Sasha Banks (c) v Asuka

No Disqualification Match-Loser Leaves WWE
Mandy Rose v Sonya Deville

Street Fight
Dominik Mysterio v Seth Rollins

Universal Championship-Falls Count Anywhere Match
Braun Strowman (c) v 'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt

WWE Championship
Drew McIntyre (c) v Randy Orton
 
Keith Lee on Smackdown would be awesome! But, since Riddle was recently added, I feel that it would be balanced if he was on RAW.
 
I really hope that the Karrion Kross injury isn't that bad, I'd hate for him to have to relinquish the title just after winning it like Balor did with the Universal title a few years back.

Tommaso Ciampa returns to NXT this Wednesday, he has been off TV since Kross squashed him in his debut match at Takeover in your house.

Speaking of returns, NXT UK will be back on September 17th, its been off TV since the pandemic hit in early March and they haven't really found a way to get it back on the screens because of lockdown and the restrictions in the UK, the show will be produced at BT Sport studios in London without a crowd of course, BT Sport is the UK broadcaster for WWE and they have been hosting some boxing events at its studios for the past few weeks, credit to all those involved for getting back up and running and to WWE in general for not binning NXT UK off which they could have easily done.
 
Kick-off show is under way, Crews v MVP will be on the pre show with Lashley and Benjamin banned from ringside, no other matches made for the show.

Renee Young is on the panel and she basically said that this will be her last hurrah in the WWE, looked like she was holding back the tears when she said it, she will be missed.
 
tbh, I do feel bad for Sonya... She didn't have the fault an idiot ruined everything... At least Mandy stays!!

Also, how much do you bet Renee is going to AEW to be with De... Jon Moxley??
 
Also, how much do you bet Renee is going to AEW to be with De... Jon Moxley??

I've heard she has had interest from companies outside wrestling so it's hard to say (although if she stays in the wrestling world AEW is the most likely possibility). I could see her doing something like Maria Menounos does with WWE though and having a more mainstream career but still popping into the AEW spotlight from time to time.
 
I'm still salty about Rollins getting the win. Dominik was spectacular in the match though, he's going to be a good superstar.
 
Back