Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,226 comments
Oh boy, I feel a Sasha vs. Bailey feud coming soon... Good :lol:

I love Sasha fans getting salty asf on twitter :lol:

Also, at least Asuka didn't win both titles, that would have been over pushing lol

Apollo Crews retains the US Title against MVP

Bayley retains the Smackdown Women's Title against Asuka

Street Profits retain the RAW Tag Team Titles against Garza and Andrade

Mandy Rose wins against Sonya Deville in a No-DQ match where the loser leaves WWE

Seth Rollins wins against Domonik Mysterio in a Street Fight

Asuka wins the RAW Women's Title against Sasha Banks

Drew McIntyre retains the WWE Championship against Randy Orton

"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt wins the Universal Championship against Brawn Strowman in a Falls Count Anywhere match

The kick off show match between Crews and MVP was more of a Raw match and nothing special, I hope its the end of that little storyline because I feel its run its course.

Bayley v Asuka was a good strong opener to the main show and set up the Banks/Asuka match perfectly later on the show.

Street Profits v Andrade/Garza again felt more like a match they would have on Raw and its no real surprise to me that Profits retained, I liked their entrance though.

Rose v Deville was up next and its such a shame that this great storyline would get stopped thanks to one creepy individual, it was supposed to be hair v hair and Deville would have had her head shaved but her lawyer suggested that it wouldn't be a good look in court so they changed to to loser leaves WWE, I don't think Deville has actually left and that she needs some time for the court case and for her to stay out of the limelight for a bit, I enjoyed the match as it had some good storytelling but I wasn't overly impressed with the action that took place and Mandy Rose messing up with the table was funny.

Speaking of storytelling, the Dominik v Seth street fight...holy cow what a ride that was! Rey's looks of anguish as Dominik got beat down, getting Angie involved, Seth playing a sadistic heel to perfection. It was all amazing! Only criticism is that i would have loved to have seen more in ring stuff Dominik as there wasn't enough but I was still impressed with what I saw, apparently its been known in WWE for nearly a year that Dominik is the next breakout star.

Asuka beating Banks for the title is an interesting one, it was a great match and great storytelling again, Banks losing the title on her first defense again isn't a good look for her (that's five in a row now) but it will be interesting to see what happens with the whole Bayley/Bank dynamic going forward especially with them defending their tag titles on Sunday.

McIntyre v Orton was a fantastic match with a real old-school feel about it, Drew countered the RKO every time and the last time he turned it into a backslide to win the match and retain the title, really hope we see more of this and that there will be a re-match soon, maybe Sunday!

Main event between Strowman and Fiend was good but not great, they beat the crap out of each other all over the arena and Fiend won the match and the title after two sister Abigail's on the exposed ring boards (which Braun exposed), Having Roman come back like that was brilliant, he hit two spears on Fiend and battered Strowman with a chair had a shirt on which said 'wreak everyone and leave'. he looked a total badass and if that's his heel turn then I am all for it, I'm glad he's back as I actually missed him.

It was a great show and a fantastic weekend of Wrestling. ThunderDome is a big improvement over PC.

Keith Lee debuts on Raw tonight, plus Kevin Owens with The KO Show featuring Aleister Black.

Here's the matches for Payback this Sunday so far.

Bayley & Sasha Banks v Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax, Women's tag titles.
Apollo Crews v Bobby Lashley, US title.
Keith Lee v Randy Orton.
'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt v Braun Strowman v Roman Reigns, Universal title-No Holds Barred Triple Treat Match.

Shayna and Nia somehow no think they can co-exist despite Nia attacked Shayna during her match with Bayley last night and Shayna slapping Nia backstage, Sasha Banks lost a re-match with Asuka for the Raw title in a Lumberjack match.

Orton attacked McIntyre from behind and hit him with two punts kicks but somehow McIntyre was able to walk away (?!?!) later on when Orton was in-ring giving a promo Keith Lee came out to challenge him to a match (they changed Lee's entrance music for some reason.) when they had the match McIntyre came out looking for revenge but Orton was able to run away, later when giving an interview to Charly Orton attacked McIntyre from behind and hit him with a third punt kick, this time it landed McIntyre in an ambulance.

It was announced that Lashley will challenge Crews for the US title on Sunday and they then had an arm wrestling challenge with Crews cheating to win.

Aleister Black attacked Kevin Owens and hit him with Black Mass during the KO Show.

In the main event it was a tag match between Rey and Dominik v Seth and Murphy, it was going well until six members of Retribution came out, Seth and Murphy managed to escape but they attacked Rey and Dom, much to Seth and Murphy's delight.

Some controversy with the virtual ThunderDome fans, it looked like a still photo of Chris Benoit appeared in one of them last night, and someone dressed up in a KKK outfit that was near the front row, and I'm not making that one up! Performers backstage were understandably not happy about that.

Don't they have limitations on what they can and can't show when they're on the screens? People should know better.

I heard that Nexus was intended to return at Wrestlemania. I don't think it'll happen in the indefinite future since Ryback hates Vince's guts, plus he's still doing stem cell work.

He has said on his podcasts that he would like to go back to wrestling once he's 100% and things get back to normal. Doubt he'll come to WWE, but he says he does like how AEW is doing.

So as per latest NXT episode, Karrion Kross is out with a separated shoulder and as such surrendered the NXT Championship.

Next episode (on Tuesday owing to NHL playoffs) will determine the new champion as Finn Balor, Adam Cole, Tommaso Ciampa, and Johnny Gargano go at it in WWE's first Fatal 4-Way Ironman Match. This go around it's a good ol' 60 minute variant.

Last time I can find that particular variant of the Ironman Match (60 minutes and four competitors) being run anywhere was back in July....of 2002 as the first ROH World Champion was determined in such an affair.

Also, I love when tag teams who've been together for years with little luck finally win the belts. Long story short, Tyler Breeze and Fandango are the new NXT Tag Team Champions.

Last edited:
AEW will have actual fans in attendance tonight, granted at a significantly reduced capacity. Kind of makes me wish they had held off a week to do the Brodie vs Cody match since Cody had the crowd eating out of his hands prior to Covid.

Not the most action-packed Smackdown tonight.

The show started with Vince telling Adam Pearce to get the contract signed by Wyatt, Strowman and Reigns.

Jeff had an open challenge for his title and Nakamura accepted. He retains, but a returning Sami Zayn blindsided him with the old IC belt.

Pearce got a signature by Wyatt in the Firefly Funhouse.

Riddle called out Corbin to a match. He then got attacked by Shorty G and Corbin said that he accepts the match on behalf.

Pearce is then seen knocking on Reigns's door with no answer. He then bumps into Gulak who is looking for Strowman to get back at him from last week. They found him and Gulak smacked him with a chair before tossing it to Pearce and running off. He agreed to sign the contract if he gets a match with Gulak.

Next was a promo with the Golden Role Models. Baszler and Jax interrupted on the big screen.

Kalisto vs Cesaro was meh. Almost like last week's match with Dorado. Still have conflict between the two.

Pearce returned to Vince saying that he couldn't get Reigns to sign. He said to go again.

Cross and Tamina were backstage when Alexa comes in with an interesting hairstyle. When Cross mentioned The Fiend, Alexa snapped and smashed a mug she gave her before leaving.

Pearce finally got Reigns to answer the door and handed him the contract. It then went to the main event.

Big E and Heavy Machinery vs Miz, Morrison and Sheamus was a good match. There was mixed communication between Miz, Morrison and Sheamus and resulted in Sheamus leaving.

The show ended with Reigns telling Pearce that he will win the title. The camera pans to the right showing Heyman sitting next to him saying "Believe that."

Surprisingly, no RETRIBUTION attacks or vandalism tonight.

Now this is gonna be a good Payback :)

Last edited:
Reigns & Heyman will be brilliant.

Rey & Dominik v Seth & Murphy has been made for Payback tomorrow night, as has Riddle v Corbin who finally get their one-on-one match.

Hot on the heels of a great SummerSlam, its Payback tonight and here is the card.

Kick-Off Show.

The Riott Squad v The Iconics.

----------------------------------------------

Big E v Sheamus

Matt Riddle v King Corbin

Dominik & Rey Mysterio v Seth Rollins & Murphy

United States Championship
Apollo Crews (c) v Bobby Lashley

Keith Lee v Randy Orton

Women's Tag Team Championship
Bayley & Sasha Banks (c) v Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax

Universal Championship-No Holds Barred, Triple Threat Match
'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt (c) v Braun Strowman v Roman Reigns

I don't really know why we have PPV's on consecutive Sunday's.

The card is quite light on title matches, still a pretty good card though.

No Smackdown title match??... Bummer, I wanted Bayley to lose to start the Sasha vs. Bailey feud...

both will still be heels, but it will be interesting, also, twitter will explode from both bands lol

Pre-show is on, no changes to the card at all.

Cant wait to see Roman Reigns, as well as having Heyman I hope he has new attire and entrance music.

A few interesting theories about Roman and Retribution going around, main one being that Retribution didn't show on SummerSlam or Smackdown...the two shows that Roman was on.

Nia and Shayna new tag team champs!!!

tenor.gif

Bailey will get what she deserves xDD

- Bobby Lashley wins the US Championship against Apollo Crews

- Big E wins against Sheamus

- Matt Riddle wins against King Corbin

- Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax win the Women's Tag Team Championships against Bayley and Sasha Banks (my second best match of the night)

- Keith Lee wins against Randy Orton

- Rey and Domonik Mysterio win against Seth Rollins and Murphy (definitely the best match IMO)

- Roman Reigns wins the Universal Championship against "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman in a Triple Threat No Holds Barred match

Riott Squad had an impressive win and their finisher was really good.

The US title match was a great opener and I have no problem with Lashley winning the title but I kind of feel that this whole Hurt Business/Crews thing has been done and that its time to move on.

Big win for Big E over Sheamus, I'm really liking the singles run he is having thus far and his speeches on Talking Smack have been brilliant, hope his run continues and he has a shot at a singles title, the IC title looks more likely right now.

Riddle v Corbin was a good solid match, I quite like Corbin as he plays the heel very well but I feel like he needs a new gimmick as the whole King thing is starting to feel dated, big win for Riddle.

Then there was the Women's title match, what a finish that was! Shayna using Sasha's arm to tap Bayley out was amazing! I'm happy for Shayna and Nia and I cant wait to see what happens now to Bayley and Sasha, I think Sasha will challenge Bayley for the SD title.

Huge win for Keith Lee against Randy Orton in only his second match on Raw roster, never really saw that coming and Vince must be pretty high on Lee to give him this meteoric push, don't think it will harm Randy too much, I think the re-match for the WWE title will still happen.

Rey/Dominik v Seth/Murphy was fantastic and match of the night for me, Dominik looks great in-ring and he didn't botch once in his three matches that we have seen, Rey will face Seth on Raw tonight and it might be the match to conclude this rivalry. I have heard that Seth might take a break soon.

The initial battle between Fiend and Braun was very similar to the match they had a week ago, Roan is definitely a heel now, he came out went both guys were down and took advantage by doing very little to win which is a very heel thing to do, the ring implosion was quite funny, Charles Robinson is a legend!

Excellent show overall and that's two great show on back-to-back weeks and I think WWE and its performers should be applauded for that, also there were three title matches and all three saw new champions.

The Roman Reigns-Retribution theory gets more interesting, they haven't shown up on three shows which Roman has appeared on, although if they don't show up on Raw then that theory is pretty much dead.

All the matches were very good. A tiny bit salty about Crews losing, but still.

This PPV was so good, I actually rewatched it at work :) The only other show that I rewatched was Royal Rumble.

Raw last night centered around four matches.

Keith Lee v Dolph Ziggler
Kevin Owens v Randy Orton
Dominik Mysterio v Seth Rollins

The winners of those matches went to the triple threat main event to determine Drew McIntyre's next opponent for the title at Clash Of Champions, Lee v Dolph was the opening match of the night and as per Lee's recent push he pinned Dolph clean in the middle of the ring, Orton was caught coming out of Aleister Black's dressing room prior to his match with Owens, Black then attacked Owens from behind during Owen's entrance for the match and hit him with Black Mass, Orton took advantage and one RKO later it was match over. Dominik replaced Rey in his match with Seth because Rey suffered a torn tricep on Sunday, Dominik looked really good again but ultimately it was Seth who won with a Stomp and hit another Stomp on Dominik after the match.

The triple threat match was really good, full of action and great spots, Lee hit Seth with the Spirit Bomb but then suffered and RKO from Orton and Orton pinned Seth to win, Drew wasn't on the show last night, the storyline injury he has is a fractured jaw.

Only other bit of news from last night was it looks like they have split up the Iconics, they had a match with Riott Squad again where the winners got a tag title opportunity and the losers were 'no more', and Riott Squad won out, it is a bit of strange decision if they have split them up, the Women's tag division is looking a bit sparse right now.

NXT is tonight with a BIG main event!

...and the 4-Way Iron Man Match was in essence a tournament without calling it one as no clear winner was decided. Balor/Cole next week to decide the TRUE UNDISPUTED ONE AND ONLY NXT Champion.

The match was good but the finish was an anti-climax, Balor and Cole finished the match with two pin-falls each so will face off next week, which will also be on a Tuesday.

WWE have just announced that they have released the tag team AOP, I think its down to the fact that they were injured a lot, one of them is currently out with a tricep injury and the other was injured for a while before they returned to team up with Seth and Buddy, its a shame because they had potential.

A couple of big matches on Smackdown tonight, firstly a Payback rematch for the Women's tag titles, Shayna and Nia's first defence against Bayley and Sasha.

Secondly a Fatal Four-Way where the winner win face Roman Reigns for the Universal title, the participants are: King Corbin, Matt Riddle, Big E & Sheamus.

Back