Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,242 comments
Edge will appear on NXT and Smackdown this week, if he chooses either Finn Balor or Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania then it will be brilliant.

Its been reported that Lars Sullivan has been released by WWE. Cant say that he'll be missed.

Can't really say I'll miss him, either. He was big and had muscles and that was pretty much it. He was as generic as a big, muscular wrestler can be.

Still, if he needs help to cope with his past and his poor actions, I hope he can find it.

So Elimination Chamber is next Sunday and they have finally gotten round to announce some matches for it.

First off Drew McIntyre will defend his WWE title inside the Chamber against five former champions. The Miz, AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Randy Orton and Sheamus. There will be a triple threat match for the US title with Bobby Lashley defending against Keith Lee and Riddle, Lee beat Riddle last night and then Lashley attacked Lee, Asuka will defend her women's title against Lacey Evans, Evans beat Charlotte after Charlotte was DQ'ed for pushing the ref during the match when she lost it after Lacey and Ric's antics.

Also last night there was a hilarious moment, it was during a tables match between Lana and Nia Jax, Jax went to do a leg-drop on Lana on the ring apron but Lana moved out of the way so Nia hit the apron hard, after this she was grabbing her butt and screaming 'MY HOLE!!' over and over again :lol:
Lana then pushed her into a table to win, 'MY HOLE' was trending on Twitter afterwards!

Smackdown last night.

There will be an Elimination Chamber match for the Blue brand but its not for the Universal title, its a six man match where the winner will face Reigns for the title later on in that show, Owens and Jey Uso were then announced to take part and the other four took part in tag team qualifiers, Baron Corbin and Sami Zayn beat Rey and Dominik to qualify and then the main event was Cesaro and Daniel Bryan beating Roode and Ziggler to qualify.

Seth Rollins returned to give a promo and it seems he is continuing his 'Messiah' gimmick, the promo was about him becoming a leader and for people to 'embrace the vision', there were SD Superstars surrounding the ring during this segment and they all walked away when they heard what he had to say, Rollins then attacked Cesaro.

Big E defended his IC title against Nakamura but it went to a DQ when Crews attacked E, Crews wants another shot at the title, not much else happened last night that I can remember...

So there is a NXT Takeover tonight, called Vengeance Day and here is the card.

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Men's finals.
MSK v Grizzled Young Veterans.

Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Women's finals.
Ember Moon & Shotzi Blackheart v Dakota Kai & Raquel Gonzalez.

NXT North American Championship.
Jonny Gargano (c) v Kushida

NXT Women's Championship-Triple Threat Match.
Io Shirai (c) v Toni Storm v Mercedes Martinez.

NXT Championship.
Finn Balor (c) v Pete Dunne.

Stacked card as always, the Dusty Cup tournaments have been going on sicne the new year and have been good to watch, MSK are newcomers making their debut (they have impressed me so far) and Grizzled Young Veterans are from NXT UK.

They announced a women's version too and it has been good, winners of that get a future WWE Women's tag title match which is pretty cool andt he men's winners get a NXT tag title match.

I can see Kushida and Toni Storm winning the NA and Women's titles and I think Balor will retain his NXT title.

Adam Cole turned heel and turned on Kyle O'Reilly this week, it started at the end of Takeover on Sunday after the NXT title match between Balor and Dunne (which was fantastic) UE helped Balor when he was attacked by Burch/Lorcan/Dunne and then Cole super-kicked Balor and KOR, on NXT this Wednesday there was a six man tag match between KOR, Strong and Balor v Burch/Lorcan/Dunne and Cole hit KOR with a brain-buster on the stairs and super-kicked Balor, KOR needed to be stretchered out but he is OK, we will hear from Cole this week on NXT.

Also this week, Miz withdrew from the Chamber match because he has the MITB case and was replaced by Kofi Kingston, Sheamus will enter the Chamber match last after winning a gauntlet match, Bad Bunny won the 24/7 title and used it during his performance on SNL last night, Apollo Crews turned heel and attacked Big E and Big E needed to be stretchered out of Smackdown. Lacey Evans is pregnant....for real, congrats to her and her family.

Here is the card for Elimination Chamber tonight.

Kick-Off Show.

----------------------------------------------------------

United States Championship-Triple Threat Match.

Bobby Lashley (c) v Riddle v Keith Lee.

Elimination Chamber Match-Winner faces Roman Reigns for Universal title later on the show.
Kevin Owens v Jey Uso, v Sami Zayn v King Corbin v Cesaro v Daniel Bryan.

Raw Women's Championship.
Asuka (c) v TBC

WWE Women's Tag Team Championship.
Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler (c) v Sasha Banks & Bianca Belair.

WWE Championship-Elimination Chamber Match.
Drew McIntyre (c) v Kofi Kingston v Jeff Hardy v Sheamus v Randy Orton v AJ Styles.

Universal Championship.
Roman Reigns (c) v Chamber match winner.

They are still advertising Asuka v Lacey Evans for the women's title despite Evan's pregnancy, I don't even know if we will get a Raw women's title match tonight.

Kick-Off show is on and there is some big news.

Keith Lee is injured and cant compete tonight in the US title match, it really sucks for him and his start on the main roster hasn't been great to no fault of his own.

I don't know what the injury is but WWE speak is that he picked up the injury at the hands of Bobby Lashley a couple of weeks ago, there will be a fatal four way in the Kick-Off show to determine Lee's replacement in the triple threat match, John Morrison, Ali, Ricochet and Elias will take part.

Where's the angry miz girl?? :lol::lol:

tumblr_lcdldkcbLU1qzkjh0.jpg

MIZ IS NEW WWE CHAMPION!!!

He cashed in on Drew McIntyre after his successful chamber match win and then he was attacked by Lashley, then the Miz came out...

Very interesting heading towards WM now, Lashley could get first shot at Miz.

Edge has chosen to face Reigns in the WM main event.

Edge has chosen to face Reigns in the WM main event
Tbh, while it's still awesome, I still think Edge should have gone for McIntyre instead (to later let Miz cash in WM) and let Reigns build some hype in SD, and then the Rock appears out of nowhere to attack him, and boom, Samoan clash at WM (Rock vs. Reigns) 👍

They are building up Reigns just fine for me, the way they booked Daniel Bryan to face him for the Universal title right after the chamber match was great booking.

It was a good show but not a great one IMO, feel like they have done Asuka dirty by leaving her off the card and not getting an opponent for her, the show was only 2 and a half hours because of the one less match and the quick Universal title match.

There will be a WWE title match on Raw next with The Miz defending against Bobby Lashley.

It was confirmed that a 'deal' was made during the EC show that Lashley would help Miz cash in by beating McIntyre to soften him up for the Miz to score an easy win, in return Lashley would get a title shot. Braun Strowman waded in by demanding a WWE title shot and would have to beat Lashley in the main event to be added to the match to make it a triple threat. This was only set up to enhance Lashley further as he crushed Braun and kicked out of his Power-slam which I don't think anyone else has.

I'm liking this whole story so far, I'm happy that Lashley is finally getting his chance especially after all he crap he has had to be up with with the Lana storyline and that horrible segment with Sami Zayn and Lashley's 'sisters', I'm also happy that Miz is champion and think it was long overdue, also I think its refreshing that two regular full timers are involved in the WWE title picture this close to WM rather than having part-timers/legends involved.

Drew McIntyre was not on the show last night at all. Shayna Baszler accidently knocked one of Asuka's teeth out when she kicked her in the face during the tag match, Shayna immediately went to check on her. Randy Orton randomly started coughing up some Black goo when giving a promo about Alexa Bliss and The Fiend. Rhea Ripley will be coming to Raw soon.

Can't think of anything else of note from last night's show.

Currently watching The Great American Curse 2006 and it's awfully bad lol.

Taker vs Khali replaced with Taker vs an out of shape Big Show in a Punjabi Prison match

Batista vs Mark Henry replaced with Batista vs Mr. Kennedy

Bobby Lashley removed from the triple threat, making it Finlay vs William Regal which tbf, was a pretty decent match

Super Crazy was pulled from this cruiserweight title match with Gregory Helms

Whole event is a cluster:censored:. First time watching this in years.

Every week I buy a wrestling dvd on eBay to keep me going through lockdown so this week was The Great American Bash 2006 & Night of Champions 2008. Watching Night of Champions 2008 next. That's suppose to be a decent event.

Calling it now Cody is gonna be doing a interview in the ring then a bunch of heels try and beat him up including Shaq then Big Show comes either through the ring or down the ramp to help Cody so we get the Big Show vs Shaq at a AEW ppv.

So Smackdown the other night then.

Looks like it will be Daniel Bryan to challenge Reigns for the title at Fastlane in a few weeks, Roman came out to give a promo on Edge but was interrupted by Bryan who called him cowardly for having his Universal title match right after Bryan won and lasted over 30 mins in the Chamber match. Main event was Bryan v Jey Uso with the stip being Bryan would get a title shot if he won but Reigns came out to attack Bryan and caused a DQ, Reigns then hit Bryan with a Spear and Gulliotine and that's how the show went off the air, its Bryan v Uso again next week in a steel cage with the same stipulation.

Elsewhere Bianca Belair will challenge Sasha Banks for the SD women's title at Wrestlemania after making her decision, and now that's both Rumble winners picking Smackdown champions. Looks like Apollo Crews has turned full heel.

Cant think of anything of note from the show.

Big night on Raw tonight, I have no idea how the WWE title match will go and what they will do...

Well they got there in the end.

First title match was supposed to happen at the top of the first hour but then Miz got a 'stomach upset', second title match actually did go ahead at the top of the second hour and Miz just took the belt and ran as soon as the bell rang and that had Lashley win by count-out but Miz retained, Shane McMahon stepped in and threatened to strip Miz of the title if he didn't defend it properly that night, so they came out for a third time in the main event and it turned into a lumberjack match, Lashley powered through Miz to win and win his first WWE title after making Miz tap to the hurt lock.

Bobby Lashley first debuted in WWE in 2005, it took him 17 years to become WWE Champion and that's why its well deserved, I'm also on board for Lashley as Champ and he will be great with the belt, full credit to the Miz for the part he has played for the last week or so, he has been fantastic playing the cowardly champion.

Also last night, Drew McIntyre returned and he finally had his match with Sheamus, it was a really good, physical battle and it took up most of the first hour, Ali pinned US champ Riddle, Charlotte wants to face Asuka for her title at Wrestlemania. AJ styles wasn't on the show at all.

It looks to me like that Braun Strowman v Shane McMahon will happen maybe at Wrestlemania, Shane put Strowman in a raw tag title match against Alexander/Benjamin with a mystery tag partner, his partner turned out to be Adam Pearce! It didn't go well as you can imagine and Pearce ended up getting pinned, Braun wasn't happy and blamed Shane and for some reason Shane is screwing Braun out of things a lot lately.

A few bits of NXT news.

Next Wednesday Io Shirai will defend her Women's title against Toni Storm plus Finn Balor will defend his NXT title against Adam Cole, Cole has turned heel and Undisputed Era looks like they have split up.

It looks like the next Takeover show will be on Thursday April 8th which is part of Wrestlemania week, then you have Smackdown on Friday and WM on the Saturday and Sunday, how that was found is interesting. If you go to the Network and say you want to cancel then a message pops up saying what you will be missing, including Takeover on the 8th April.

Its been reported that after WM NXT will move to Tuesday nights, therefore ending the ratings battle between NXT and AEW dubbed 'The Wednesday night wars', however TNA Impact airs on Tuesday's so a new rating battle will begin!, NXT moving to Tuesdays hasn't been confirmed though.

Big match on Smackdown in a bit, steel cage match between Bryan and Uso, if Daniel Bryan wins he faces Reigns for the title at Fastlane, which is starting to feel like a pointless PPV.

WWE hvae confirmed tonight that they are introducing new Women's tag titles on NXT, I know its another title but it really makes sense as the Women's division on NXT is stacked, its probably stronger than Raw and Smackdown.

Daniel Bryan will face Roman Reigns for the Universal title in two weeks at Fastlane, he beat Jey Uso in a steel cage match and he won clean with no dramas in front of a watching Reigns and Heyman.

Elsewhere Women's tag title match was made for Fastlane with Nia and Shayna defending against Sasha and Bianca, which is a bit stupid as there are a few tag teams more deserving like Naomi and Lana who won a future title opportunity a few weeks ago and Dakota and Raquel who had a title match with Nia and Shayna on NXT this past week but they retained in quite strange fashion.

Also there was a welcome return for Murphy who had his first match since November, he got involved in the Rollins/Cesaro thing and had a match with Cesaro and lost whilst Seth was on guest comms, Also Apollo Crews is using a new gimmick which involves him carrying a spear and and having some 'military personnel' behind him, he also spoke in an African accent which is either he actual voice or it isn't and he is putting one on like Lana, either way I thought the whole thing was a bit weird.

Back