Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
Don't think this will affect the UK TV deal, British sports broadcaster BT Sport is now home to WWE here after the long standing deal with Sky Sports that lasted nearly 30 years.

Asuka will defend her Raw women's title against Alexa Bliss tonight on Raw following their match last week, could definitely see a title change tonight as Asuka has held the title since last summer and hasn't defended a lot, the momentum seems to be with Alexa right now too.

OK. WWE Network (in the US at least) becoming a subsection on NBCUniversal's Peacock streaming service, thinking here is it won't be an extra charge on top of their pricing (exisiting US WWE Network subscribers will be migrated to the $4.99/month Premium tier, ad-free Premium Plus is $9.99/month)

I'm curious to see how they handle the PPV's.

As for Peacock itself, they're certainly making it tempting, but just from poking around with the free version it seems very far behind its competitors in the usability department.

I'm curious to see how they handle the PPV's.

As for Peacock itself, they're certainly making it tempting, but just from poking around with the free version it seems very far behind its competitors in the usability department.

From what I've garnered, PPVs are basically the same as they are on the Network.

Edge has entered himself in the Royal Rumble so his injury must have cleared up, he gave a taped promo.

Randy Orton returned to give and RKO to Alexa Bliss during her title match with Asuka, the match was much the same as they had last week and Orton had a very red face to sell his injury from the 'fireball' attack, credit to Alexa for taking an RKO.

Not a huge amount else happened. Riddle earned himself a US title shot at Lashley after win a gauntlet match against the rest of the Hurt Business, a few other have declared for the Rumble matches and some rapper will perform at the show. Also Drew and Goldberg returned.

I know the song he has is related to Booker T in some way but I don't know his name.

Also there is a special Indian related show tomorrow called Superstar Spectacle with some Indian development guys taking part, and Jinder Mahal.

Around the rasslin' world:
  • Meiko Satomura may or may not be bound for NXT UK in both on-screen and coaching capacities. Assuming it's so, this may be a way for her to learn the coaching ropes of whatever present-day WWE style is before a possible move to a (still theoretical) NXT Japan.

One of the new NXT UK signees is Bailey Matthews, who is William Regal's son.

Good fun end to Smackdown with the Raw guys taking part in the tag match and Strowman returning, liked the Owens/Reigns segment too.

Cant wait for the Rumble tomorrow.

So this is by far and away my favourite time of the Wrestling year, the Royal Rumble and the road to Wrestlemania, it starts tonight with the Royal Rumble PPV and here is the card.

Kick-off Show.

----------------------------------

Smackdown Women's Championship.

Sasha Banks (c) v Carmella

Women's Tag Team Championship.
Asuka & Charlotte Flair (c) v Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler

Universal Championship-Last Man Standing Match.
Roman Reigns (c) v Kevin Owens

WWE Championship.
Drew McIntyre (c) v Goldberg

Women's Royal Rumble Match.
Confirmed Participants-
Nia Jax, Charlotte Flair, Shayna Baszler, Bianca Belair, Bayley, Mandy Rose, Dana Brooke, Peyton Royce, Alexa Bliss, Tamina, Liv Morgan, Natalya & Ruby Riott.

Men's Royal Rumble Match.
Confirmed Participants-
Daniel Bryan, Bobby Lashley, Randy Orton, Edge, AJ Styles, Otis, The Miz, Jey Uso, Cesaro, Jeff Hardy, Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura, Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison, Sheamus, Mustapha Ali & Big E.

So WWE Backstage returned yesterday for one show only where they revealed that Randy Orton would be entrant 1 in the men's Rumble and Edge would be entrant 2. Natalya beat Tamina for the number 30 spot in the women's Rumble match on Talking Smack yesterday too.

Expect lots of surprise entrants in both matches, I'm talking about Brock Lesnar, Samoa Joe, Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch.

Bianca Belair is the favourite for the women's match, I think the men's is wide open!

Pres-show is on, biggest news so far is that the Wrestlemania sign is up!

Edit, the Women's tag title match has been moved to the kick off show.

Last edited:
I now low-key want Lana to win :lol::lol:

Edit: This aged well like mayonaise :lol:

Edit 2: BIANCA vs. SASHA FOR WM37!!! That's gonna be a RAP battle for the books!!!

Last edited:
Great show last night.

They got both Rumble winners right I think, Bianca was one of the favourites going into the match and I 'm so happy for her that she won as she really deserves it, Big E tweeted that there was a huge locker room pop when she won as she is a popular member of the roster. The logical choice would be for her to challenge Sasha for the title as Sasha v Bianca at WM would be money, the women's match was my match of the night and better than the men's IMO, it had Billie Kay comedy, legends returning but not over-staying their welcome, Charlotte not winning, Naomi surviving, Lana not being crap, Bliss was eliminated whilst doing spooky stuff.... and the right winner.

As for Edge, well what a story, he was retired for nine years but returned last year for a few months before a tricep injury in May, last night was his first match back and he won from the number 1 spot! The start of the men's rumble match was bit frantic with the Edge/Orton stuff on the outside but it settled down a bit after, not so many legends returning in this one but was so happy to see Christian, Rollins returned as expected, one highlight was Lashely tossing Dominik over the rope like he was nothing, one low point was Rey Mysterio there just to promote a beer brand, apart from that it was fairly standard stuff. I think Edge should challenge Roman.

As for the other matches I enjoyed the last match standing with those high spots and the Golf cart bit was hilarious! :lol: There was a definite botch with Roman and the handcuffs as the second ref stopped counting when he realised that Reigns was taking longer to free himself and the match ended quite quickly after that. The SD women's title match was good, the WWE title match went as expected but thank god Goldberg didn't win! Charlotte and Asuka losing the tag titles because of Ric and Lacey was horrible.

A few other things, there was no Lesnar, Goldberg or Keith Lee in the men's match, Becky Lynch teased a return by posting a pic of the backstage curtain during the women's match on her Insta. She probably was there backstage but only for Seth. Pete Rosenberg is still 24/7 champ and New Day paid tribute to Jon Huber with their ring gear.

Calling it... Bad Bunny vs. The Miz for WM37 for the MITB case... He wins and cashes in in the same night :lol::lol:

Then watch the whole world nuke itself :lol:

Edge will appear on NXT and Smackdown this week, if he chooses either Finn Balor or Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania then it will be brilliant.

Its been reported that Lars Sullivan has been released by WWE. Cant say that he'll be missed.

What a shame. They kept trying to do something with him, but always falls flat.

Edge will most likely go for Reigns, but I feel that they want to do a Rock v. Reigns for WM. Plus, he's too "professional" to take on Balor.

Last edited:
The next NXT Takeover will be Vengeance Day on Sunday Feb 14th, so just over a week away.

Matches announced are: NXT title match between champ Finn Balor and Pete Dunne, triple threat match for the women's title between champ Io Shirai, Mercedes Martinez and Toni Storm, NA title match between champ Jonny Gargano and Kushida plus the final of both the men's and women's Dusty Rhodes tag team classic tournament which is going on right now.

Edge turned up during a confrontation between Balor and Dunne and said he has made his decision yet but he will be watching their match very closely, he also had a backstage confrontation with Karrion Kross which was pretty cool.

Back