Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,101 comments
That 🤬 sucks. I just found out about this on a completely unrelated trip around websites. And I was waiting for him to come back too.

RIP, Brodie.

So it was about 1.30am ish in the UK and I was online getting ready to go to sleep when the news broke, I think it was Cody who tweeted it out first and when I saw it I was like 'err, hang on what??', and since then the out-pouring of grief and tributes on social media has been staggering, he touched and had an effect on everyone he met.

This has come as a huge shock to everyone, I don't think many people knew he was ill...

My condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Jon Huber.

:(

Last edited:
Raw last night, it didn't have a ten-bell salute to Jon Huber (didn't expect them to do that.) neither was there a video package (was surprised they didn't do that)

Didn't see the show but will watch tomorrow, I know a few paid their own tributes.

Drew McIntyre gave a promo and started off with him saying with 'Its Monday night, you know what that means'.
Both Xavier Woods and Ricochet used the discuss clothesline in their matches.
Xavier wore a armband with Brodie on it and talked about him on Raw talk.

Also on Raw Keith Lee beat Sheamus and will face Drew for the WWE title next week, show finished with Alexa Bliss dousing herself with petrol and begging Orton to set her on fire, it went off the air with Orton lighting a match.

AEW will have a Jon Huber tribute show this week.

A lot of people are giving WWE serious backlash because of the lack of tribute. Hopefully they'll do something on Smackdown.

I heard that they are working on something but they didn't have enough time to put it on Raw.

I don't really think its a big deal, they have other shows.

The tribute show on AEW is tonight.

Last edited:
8 minutes in and the tears are already starting to roll down my face and nothing has even happened yet.

I'm more emotional over this than losing some people I actually know.

Watching all the tributes and the post-show now on youtube... Man... It's really incredible how a person can really influence you in such little time... We're gonna miss you, Jon... really :(

Don't want to bring the corporate battle here, really don't, but at least this goes to show which company, despite some mishaps (like Matt Hardy's concussion match), at least treats its wrestlers like people and lets them be themselves and listen to them...

Good show tonight. They showed the same memorial graphic for Jon from RAW. And looks like Sonya Deville is back. Guess she's got things sorted out with the stalker problem.

Raw legends night is tonight. Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Mark Henry, Carlito, Ron Simmonds, Big Show, Booker T and Torrie Wilson among many other names who will appear tonight.

Also WWE title match between McIntyre and Keith Lee.

Raw was pretty good last night.

Here are the legends who were on the show.

Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, IRS, Molly Holly, Mark Henry, Booker T, Jeff Jarrett, Mickie James, Melina, Torrie Wilson, Big Show, Sgt Slaughter, Ron Simmonds, Alicia Fox, Tatanka.

Orton spent the night tormenting some of the legends and then went on to beat Jeff Hardy. Charlotte and Asuka lost to Lacey and Peyton that had a weird ending when Charlotte botched the natural selection finisher and Ric Flair helped Lacey and Peyton to win.

Main event title match was good, Drew won clean in middle of the ring, Goldberg came out after to challenge him for title and they are set to meet at Royal Rumble.

How many times are they going to call Goldberg to do title matches?

Don't get me wrong, McIntyre and Goldberg would be amazing to watch.

Big NXT show tonight, its New Years Evil and its headlined by a NXT title re-match between Finn Balor and Kyle O'Reilly, the first match they had at Takeover a few months back was one of the matches of 2020 so hopefully it will be more the same tonight, maybe even better!

Also tonight is a last women standing match between Rhea Ripley and Raquel Gonzalez, Karrion Kross makes his in-ring debut to take on Damien Priest which will open the show and Cruiserweight title match between Santos Escobar and Gran Metalik, the show will also be commercial free.

Raw legends show helped the rating to a 2.13, the first time Raw has had more than two million since March!

Finn Balor retained his NXT title after another great match with Kyle O'Reilly last night, Escobar also retained his cruiserweight title.

Raquel Gonzalez beat Rhea Ripley in the last women standing match and Kross beat Priest, the Dusty Rhodes tag team classic starts next week and it was announced last night that there will a women's version.

Interesting, considering WK15 and New Years Dash (lost to Kota Ibushi, promo in essence saying it wasn't worth it and he's done, clean loss at NYD with no clear idea of his future). Then again, could simply be a break.

Jay is... interesting. He can go, he's a good heel, but...the dub doesn't even feel like a good fit.

The Golden Star finally pulled it out, my god. I'm not sure about his idea to unify the main title and the IC title, but things have worked so far so I don't know.

So WWE official Adam Pearce will challenge Roman Reigns for the Universal title at Royal Rumble! :odd:

Haven't seen Smackdown yet but will watch as I'm intrigued as to how this has happened, I know there was a gauntlet match...

Last weeks Raw featured a selection of legends and HOF-ers, Drew did a backstage segment with Hulk Hogan, Jimmy Hart and Sheamus, I hope they took proper precautions for this.

I also hope the legends that were present last week are safe and well and I wish Drew a speedy recovery.

Will be interesting to see what happens moving forward, Drew is penciled in for a title defense against Goldberg at the Royal Rumble and was scheduled to face Randy Orton in a non-title match tonight, we will hear from Drew tonight apparently.

Last edited:
Drew gave a couple of messages, first to say that he has no symptoms and that the virus was no joke. Second was to accept Goldberg's challenge from last week and the match at the Royal Rumble has been made.

Orton interrupted Triple H as he started the show and challenged him to a fight later on, they fought for a few minutes but they used it for more Orton/Fiend set-up. Triple H was about to hit Orton with a sledge hammer but it was set on fire and the lights went out, Alexa Bliss turned up and shot a flame into Orton's face, and that's how Raw went off air.

Not too much else to take from last night, I did have a couple of problems though, first that Jeff Hardy, Riddle, Keith Lee and Sheamus all wrestled twice when Raw has a roster of 60. Second was when Adam Pearce told Drew Gulak that people cant just declare themselves for the Royal Rumble when that's literally what people have been doing, plus Mandy and Dana declared like twenty minutes later.

I have a strong feeling that Otis is going to enter the Rumble. Even if he doesn't last long, it'll be good enough for me.

So it will be Kevin Owens to challenge Roman Reigns for the Universal title at the Royal Rumble in a last man standing match, it wont be Adam Pearce which is a shame as I was looking forward to seeing what he could do. But the way they announced it last night was pretty clever.

There was a contract signing for the match which was the main event segment and during the show Heyman kept bothering Pearce about the stipulation for the match, first it was a no DQ match then it was last man standing, Pearce went along with it all but then he had something up his sleeve, during the actual signing when Reigns signed Pearce was smirking and said 'I'm really glad you did that', he then left the ring leaving Roman Jey and Paul all confused and as he was walking up the ramp he 'tweaked' his knee, and he then turned round and said he needed a replacement for the match and as a WWE official he could choose and he chose KO, KO's music hit and he then signed the contract.

Not a lot else from last night sadly, Daniel Bryan and Cesaro had a great match though.

RE: WrestleMania:

37 is a two-night affair again, April 10th and 11th, provisionally taking place at the original site of WM 36, Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay.
38 is continuing the trend of the same few locales for recent Manias, penned in for April 3rd 2022 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX
39, see above, penned in April 2nd 2023 from the originally intended site of this years Mania, SoFi Stadium in LA.

Based off the trends of WrestleMania revisiting stadiums every 5-6 years, guessing that it'll be New Orleans' turn for 40.

I liked the announcement video with Triple H, Stephanie and John Cena playing news reporters.

The fact that they think they can host the show with fans at the stadium in just a few months time is both interesting and quite ambitious...

Not a huge amount on Raw last night but still a decent show.

Miz and Morrison's Dirt Sheet with Gillberg (yep Gillberg returned!) and some guy pretending to be Drew was a lot of fun. The ending of AJ Styles v Ricochet was superb. Orton gave a great taped promo at the start of the show but that mask of his really bothered me!

The main event of Asuka v Alexa Bliss was great, it was all about Alexa and the production of it plus Alexa's acting and selling was on point, Alexa Bliss has been incredible the past few months.

There are still doing the weird Charlotte/Ric Flair/Lacey Evans thing, and lately it feels like they have no idea what to do with the show generally, it feels like they they just throw some things together shortly before the show starts, Smackdown has been by far the better show for at least the last six months.

Back