Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,230 comments
I'm surprised about Joe plus the IIconics being released but not the others as they weren't being used so whilst it is sad it does make sense.

The fact that Joe didn't win the WWE title at least once is a scandal but at least he had two NXT title reigns so that's something.

Breaking up the IIconics then not really using them as singles then releasing them has no logic at all.

April 15th seems to the day from now on, something to do with taxes in America apparently??

Pat McAfee will join Smackdown commentary from tonight, he replaces Graves who moved to Raw so its still a two-man booth with Michael Cole and McAfee.

Two matches made for the show and both are tag matches, there will be a tag title match with Ziggler/Roode defending against Street Profits and Otis/Gable will square off against the Mysterio's for what feels like the millionth time!

It was reported that there would be more releases today but nothing yet, Mojo Rawley was released late last night.

One name has perhaps surprisingly not been released yet is Aleister Black, but I read today that they are gearing up for his return, they have been filming vignettes and apparently he will be a part of a new faction.

Tbh, I low-key want someone to mash-up Soundgarden's "Rusty Cage" with Asuka's theme (the guitar bridge's riff reminds me a lot of that song) :lol:... Same goes for Stone Cold Steve Austin's theme with Burnout 2's (same reasons) :lol:

Last edited:
Not missing much on Raw or Smackdown lately as their previous shows have been pretty miss-able, Sarray debuted on NXT last night though and looked pretty good.

WWE PR went in to overdrive last night!

Started off with Mickie James receiving her care package from WWE in a trash bag!! (seriously!) Mickie tweeted it out and reaction was mostly disgust as you can imagine, how can they a legend like that?! what worse is that Gail Kim and Maria Kannelis both said they got the same so did Jillian Hall so they have been doing this for like 10+ years!

Triple H and Stephanie had to respond and say that the person responsible has been fired but that person must have been told to do it by someone so this is clearly more of a management thing.

Its always bad when they release people but its part and parcel of Wrestling, but they need to treat people far better, especially the ones they release.

Man, WWE has gone downhill ever since the pandemic...

I actually think that the custom Universe stories that people make on 2k are better than the real ones :lol:

ElementGames has a series where John Cena revives the nWo (which is the best one he's done IMO).

Last edited:
Bianca Belair v Bayley for the SD women's title at WM Backlash was made before Smackdown last night, I know people were expecting Sasha to get her rematch but there are obviously waiting for it and Bayley gets a chance, which is fine by me.

Kevin Owens faced Apollo Crews for the IC title last night and it was good match but a disappointing finish, Big E gets his rematch for the title next week.

Also next week is Daniel Bryan facing Reigns for the Universal title and if Bryan loses he is gone from Smackdown as Reigns never wants to see him again, Cesaro challenged Reigns last night but Reigns will give Bryan his last shot, interesting that they are putting two big title matches on the same standard SD episode.

About the Bryan leaving thing, it could be storyline and he moves to Raw if he loses but his contract with WWE is up in the summer and I heard he wants to wrestle for other promotions.

Bianca Belair v Bayley for the SD women's title at WM Backlash was made before Smackdown last night, I know people were expecting Sasha to get her rematch but there are obviously waiting for it and Bayley gets a chance, which is fine by me.

Kevin Owens faced Apollo Crews for the IC title last night and it was good match but a disappointing finish, Big E gets his rematch for the title next week.

Also next week is Daniel Bryan facing Reigns for the Universal title and if Bryan loses he is gone from Smackdown as Reigns never wants to see him again, Cesaro challenged Reigns last night but Reigns will give Bryan his last shot, interesting that they are putting two big title matches on the same standard SD episode.

About the Bryan leaving thing, it could be storyline and he moves to Raw if he loses but his contract with WWE is up in the summer and I heard he wants to wrestle for other promotions.
I suspect Jey USO will cost him the match.

I kind of admit, I like Adnan Virk as the play-by-play announcer more than Tom Phillips(?). But he's not S-Rank like Jim Ross, Mauro Ranallo, or even Michael Cole.

Braun Strowman has been added to the WWE title match at WM Backlash to make it a triple threat after beating Drew McIntyre in the main event.

Raw is really becoming a hard slog to watch right now, its pretty bad.

Remember when AJ Styles and Omos won the Raw tag titles at Wrestlemania three weeks ago, well they haven't been on Raw since!

Heads up!

I'm checking into AEW, and tonight's show begins with a sneak attack followed by a good ol' Pier 6 brawl. Wow! I'm still learning a lot of the talent on AEW from announcers to wrestlers. I hear my beloved Jim Ross, but also Tazz and Tony Schiavone.

I'ma tell ya' something. I had some goosebumps hearing the name Yuji Nagata. That guy is beast! One of the greatest Japanese wrestlers of all time. I don't know much about Jon Moxley, but this looks to be a pretty great match. Cinco de Mayo is going to be pretty stacked with the next AEW, including that massive 5-on-5 slated for next Wednesday.

I kind of like the ranking kind of system AEW has. You hear of fight records in boxing and MMA, and it seems cool how AEW implements it.

Pretty big Smackdown on later with a Universal title match, Reigns defends against Bryan one more time and if Bryan loses he leaves Smackdown, I think its safe to say that Reigns will retain, it'll be very surprising that he drops the belt on a regular episode of SD and not at a big PPV. will be interesting to see where Bryan ends up, will likely be Raw but it'll be brilliant if its NXT!

Also Crews defends his IC title against Big E, I'll be surprised to see Crews losing the title after only just winning it.

Yeah, I noticed the different theme to Roman Reigns before his title defense against Daniel Bryan. I do think it has been cool of Roman to hang onto that "The Shield" song even with its variation. When you turn heel, probably best you get a heel-style theme to suit your style. I personally don't believe in faces and heels; just be yourself. No need to really manufacture good wrestlers and evil wrestlers.

Something I wanted to mention long ago is that I find the Nia Jax vs. Tamina deal to be very entertaining. Two absolute powerhouses in the Women's division going at it. I always considered Nia Jax not only powerful, but also beautiful, actually. Nia Jax's stats suggest she could compete for a heavyweight championship- 6'2" at 272 lbs. (or so I remember). The last most dominant sort of female wrestler I remember before Nia Jax was Awesome Kong in TNA (who was Kharma for a spell in the WWE).

Match 1: The Street Profits and Bianca Belair win against The Dirty Dogs and Bayley

Match 2: Natalya and Tamina win against Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler in a non-title match

Match 3: Apollo Crews retains the IC title against Big E via DQ from Commander Azeez. Kevin Owens and Big E attack Azeez before Sami Zayn interferes. Azeez hits Zayn with the Norwegian Nail.

Match 4: Roman Reigns retains the Universal title against Daniel Bryan. He then attempts to hit him with the Con-Chair-To when Cesaro interrupted. Jey Uso then attacks Cesaro and ties him to the ring ropes, forcing him to watch Reigns hit the Con-Chair-To to Bryan.

Thoughts: A very solid show tonight. There was another teaser promo for Aleister Black, looking forward to seeing him back in action soon. Bryan is most likely moving to RAW or taking time off. I heard his contract was ending, so maybe he'll try to get another offer. I think Cesaro vs Reigns at Summerslam would be cool, especially with a real crowd.

The main match was amazing! Obviously, all lead to Reigns win again, but nevertheless, they went out with a bang!

Also, didn't know they will do a nostalgic Smackdown next week! Can't wait! ♥

Great match between Reigns and Bryan, they gave a lot of time to it too as it lasted almost half an hour and went to commercial several times, I love how they are positioning Reigns as the dominant heel on the show, I think his new entrance theme is interesting to say the least but it does suit him right now, Reigns hasn't been pinned or submitted on SD since Corbin beat him in December 2019, 509 days ago!

Looks like they are positioning Apollo Crews as a big heel as well after he and Azeez took out Big E, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn, I wasn't sure about this 'new' Apollo Crews at first but I'm starting to like it now.

Nostalgic Smackdown next week looks good, only two thing I want from it.....the fist and Teddy Long!

Great match between Reigns and Bryan, they gave a lot of time to it too as it lasted almost half an hour and went to commercial several times, I love how they are positioning Reigns as the dominant heel on the show, I think his new entrance theme is interesting to say the least but it does suit him right now, Reigns hasn't been pinned or submitted on SD since Corbin beat him in December 2019, 509 days ago!

Looks like they are positioning Apollo Crews as a big heel as well after he and Azeez took out Big E, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn, I wasn't sure about this 'new' Apollo Crews at first but I'm starting to like it now.

Nostalgic Smackdown next week looks good, only two thing I want from it.....the fist and Teddy Long!
Watch the fist is gonna be a virtual thing like they do for entrances.

Two title matches on Raw tonight and both tag titles are on the line, firstly Nia/Shayna defending against Naomi/Lana and AJ Styles/Omos return to defend their Raw tag titles against New Day in a WM rematch, it will be the first Raw match for Omos.

Also Bobby Lashley takes on either Drew McIntyre or Braun Strowman.

Are they really Planning a Survivor Series storyline match (Team Adam vs. Team Sonya) from now on??...

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say ratings have been like... Idk... 500k-800k??... How long since Tony Khan plans to buy WWE??

Edit: Oh yeah, another PPV Charlotte gets another shot... no, GETS TO GET the belt at backlash...

Last edited:
Well, you wanted them, and guess who's back? No, not Eminem- A.J. Styles and Omos! Pretty cool RAW this week.

It was a better Raw than last week.

Main highlight for me was Orton and Riddle in RKBro, those guys have some good chemistry and its probably the best thing on the show.

Eva Marie is coming back and is kinda whatever news, I liking Omos in ring so far, he is basically just killing people!

I know Raw hasn't been great lately but I feel people need to calm down, its still getting about 1.7 mill in the ratings and last night was an improvement as there was actually some developments and stories being told.

Back