Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,203 comments
Pre-show is on, Sheamus is having another open challenge for the US title, no other changes to the card.

Great show, Universal title match was my match of the night and it was a fantastic main event, a proper fight and Roman won in the middle of the ring without any help, Cesaro was brilliant and looked like he belonged there.

Both triple threats were great too, the women's one was a great opener and the mens one overdelivered with all three guys bringing it and putting on a show, that match was a lot of fun.

Mysterio's winning was a nice moment, I really don't know what to say about the Zombie Lumberjacks, it was very strange, it didn't go down well on social media at the time. :lol:

So the Miz apparently picked up an ACL injury during that horrible Zombie match at Backlash, hope its not too serious but it could mean 9 months out, this is a guy who hardly ever gets injured as well.

Kofi Kingston had a good night on Raw, he beat both Randy Orton and Bobby Lashley in the same night, the latter was obviously a non-title match, Kofi being back in the WWE title picture could be good.

Oh, absolutely. I always liked Kofi Kingston. That's why I was jacked during the times of #Kofimania . Two-time heavyweight Champion would sound great for Kofi.

Bronson Reed is the new NXT North American champion, he beat Jonny Gargano in a great steel cage match main event last night. 👍

Kross v Balor for the NXT title is next week.

So, amongst the recent releases was NXT referee Drake Wuertz.

This warrants a mention because, well:

Fightful Select
Drake Wuertz is gone from WWE, and the NXT roster were not short on words about his behavior.

In the wake of Drake Wuertz's backstage NXT county commission video and news that he wasn't allowed in the CWC for weeks, more people that had spoken about him off the record were more willing to go on the record. Several names at the Performance Center claim Drake has had "nuclear heat brought on by himself" for the better part of a year. This follows instances where WWE had to warn him about attending events without a mask and not being vaccinated, and several "attempts for political plays," we're told.

In regards to political plays, the roster was well aware that Drake Wuertz had been trying to position himself for certain roles within the company, and was willing to try to put heat on others to get there, and attempted to numerous times.

There were a couple of instances where we're told that minorities within NXT took exception to the way things were worded by Wuertz. One situation we've heard of involved EJ Nduka (Ezra Judge) almost feeling the need to get physical with Drake. There were numerous times when talent, specifically people of color, went to NXT higher ups about situations like this.

Last year's NXT In Your House gained Drake Wuertz significant heat after the show, as story of his behavior circulated. Triple H gave a speech in the middle of the Black Lives Matter movement, which saw him say (paraphrasing) that all people, races, genders, and religions were welcomed. We were told that when "religions" were mentioned, Wuertz's attitude immediately changed, and he aggressively gathered his belongings and left.

In the months following, no fewer than ten wrestlers have told Fightful they didn't feel comfortable or safe around Wuertz. He was also known to have loudly criticized wrestlers for getting vaccinations or even simple flu shots.

Source: Fightful Select

I was initially surprised that Wuertz got released but I didn't know what was going on backstage, he doesn't appear to be a nice person.

Vanessa Bourne, Alexander Wolfe, Brandi Lauren and Jassmyn Duke among others to be released.

Edit, some breaking news in the last half hour, Velveteen Dream has also been released, its about time really, its mad that its taken this long...and its also mad that he was once touted as a Wrestlemania main eventer..

Last edited:
Are you ready for a good time? ;) Tonight's Intercontinental Championship Fatal-4-Way on Friday Night SmackDown! should be quite interesting.

WWE returning to live crowds from 16th July. The first three confirmed shows are:

July 16th, Smackdown at Houston Center-Texas
July 18th Money In The Bank at Dickies Arena-Fort Worth
July 19th Raw at American Airlines Center-Dallas

Tickets go on sale the Wednesday, more show will be announced in due course.

For those wondering why they moved MITB back a month, well now you know why!

But Reigns vs Cesaro at Hell in a Cell :cool:👍

I know he'll probably not win in order to build up the Rollins feud, but it'll be a battle I'd like to see.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any of the latest series of Dark Side of the Ring? Watched the "Collision in Korea" episode a couple of the nights. Honestly I thought the New Jack (#Rip) episode was crazy but I think this one takes the cake. :lol: The whole thing between 2 Cold Scorpio and Hawk. :crazy:

Last edited:
Great to hear of the WWE going back to live shows elsewhere. I also couldn't be any more proud for Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio becoming the first father-son Tag Team Champions.

Oh, and get ready for Monday Night RAW later tonight...

Good Raw last night with some good matches, Kofi and Drew were having a good match to start the show off until Lashley got involved, they will have the match next week and the winner will face Lashley at HIAC for the title.

Riddle and Xavier Woods had a great match and Riddle used an RKO to win, Ripley v Flair for the Raw Women's title at HIAC has been made and its the first match made for the show, Natalya and Tamina retained their tag titles in the main event v Nia and Shayna.

Karrion Kross v Finn Balor for the NXT title on NXT tonight, also Cameron Grimes and 'Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase have a face off, I heard there are bringing the back the Million Dollar belt.

WWE have let Adnan Virk go, he has been on Raw commentary for the past month but he seemed a little out of his depth, which was no surprise considering he has never done commentary before, It was a gamble by WWE that didn't pay off.

They have also made several redundancies behind the scenes today in its media department, WWE Network and WWE.Com.

Bray Wyatt may be coming back soon. He's been teasing on his Twitter.

There's also been rumors about Cena returning on the first live RAW.

Former UFC and Bellator commentator Jimmy Smith will be Adnan Virk's replacement on Raw from this Monday. he has been working at the PC for a while and Michael Cole speaks highly of him.

WWE have released announcer Tom Philips.

Bit of a surprise IMO, though he was really good.

That's a surprise, do we know yet whether he will wrestle or just like a manager.
I feel that he'll be doing managing. He's getting a bit old to wrestle. Or he'll be like Paul and host another show.

EDIT:
He's going to be an announcer.

Last edited:
Raw tonight.

Drew v Kofi where the winner will face Lashley for the title at HIAC
Raw tag title match between AJ/Omos and Elias/Ryker.
Xavier Woods v Randy Orton.
Intergender match between Reginald and Shayna Baszler.

Back