Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,184 comments
Some big breaking news regarding Summerslam.

Riddle has suffered an injury after that attack by Rollins on Raw so Riddle cant compete on Saturday, match has been postponed, Its been reported that the injury isn't legit and that its a work, if so then its Triple H making his first big decision.

Will be interesting to see what they do with Rollins at Summerslam because you can't have someone like him not on the show! He really could be moved into the main event title match with Reigns and Lesnar.
Either an Orton or Cody return, although very unlikely considering they're not yet 100%

Here is the final Summerslam card for tonight.

Pat McAfee v Happy Corbin

Logan Paul v The Miz

No Disqualification Tag Team Match.
The Mysterios v Judgement Day

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship.
The Usos (c) v The Street Profits
(Special guest referee-Jeff Jarrett)

United States Championship.
Bobby Lashley (c) v Theory

Smackdown Women's Championship
Liv Morgan (c) v Ronda Rousey

Raw Women's Championship.
Bianca Belair (c) v Becky Lynch

Undisputed WWE Universal Championship-Last Man Standing Match.
Roman Reigns (c) v Brock Lesnar

A very good card, cant watch it live but will see it after work tomorrow.

Still no word on whether Seth Rollins will be on the show. Drew McIntyre won a great 'Donnybrook' match against Sheamus on Smackdown last night and will now have an Undisputed title match against either Reigns, Lesnar or even Theory at the Clash At The Castle event in Cardiff, I know the match last night sounds weird but they made it work and it was given quite a bit of time.

Last edited:
Aside from the Women matches, nothing in Summerslam was worth it if you ask me.

Though I kind of wished Rousey vs Liv didn't end by Liv tapping first, I get something fishy had to happen to have Liv title retain seem believable (and despite that Liv had a great showing), but it shouldve been a Pin and Tap at the same time

Aside from the Women matches, nothing in Summerslam was worth it if you ask me.

Though I kind of wished Rousey vs Liv didn't end by Liv tapping first, I get something fishy had to happen to have Liv title retain seem believable (and despite that Liv had a great showing), but it shouldve been a Pin and Tap at the same time
I feel like that's where it was supposed to go, but the timing might've been off.

It felt like to me that the Liv-Rousey match was just a vehicle for Rousey to turn heel, it wasn't really a match. I feel sorry for Liv as she is a new champion and her first title defense was a dud.

I liked the rest of the show, Great to see Edge back and Bayley with a new heel faction with Io Shirai and Dakota Kai, match of the night for me was probably the main event with I thought was chaotic but good fun with Brock and his tractor. The tag title match was good but didn't live up to the first match at MITB. both Pat McAfee and Logan Paul were really good.

Going forward they need to find a way to take the belts off Roman and split them so there is one belt on each show again. Drew is probably the only option now, also stop with the video packages, way too many of them on the show!

It felt like to me that the Liv-Rousey match was just a vehicle for Rousey to turn heel, it wasn't really a match. I feel sorry for Liv as she is a new champion and her first title defense was a dud.

I liked the rest of the show, Great to see Edge back and Bayley with a new heel faction with Io Shirai and Dakota Kai, match of the night for me was probably the main event with I thought was chaotic but good fun with Brock and his tractor. The tag title match was good but didn't live up to the first match at MITB. both Pat McAfee and Logan Paul were really good.

Going forward they need to find a way to take the belts off Roman and split them so there is one belt on each show again. Drew is probably the only option now, also stop with the video packages, way too many of them on the show!
I think that's what the MitB is for, Theory will cash in but then some loophole will mean he only won 1 title.

But I really want it to end. The Bloodline faction completely killed Roman Reigns Heel momentum for me and probably been the worst heel faction, even worse than the Authority, at least the Authority had compelling wrestlers go against them and were allowed to lose once in a while

Last edited:
One thing I want to mention is the commentary quality since Vince left, its so much better now that they don't have an angry old man screaming at them through the headphones, it feels more organic and natural, Michael Cole and Cory Graves were superb during the show.

Some big matches made on Raw tonight.

Undisputed tag title match between Usos and Mysterios.

There will be two triple threat matches which will help determine the next challenger for Lashley and his US title. Ziggler, Ciampa and Gable is one match with Styles, Ali and Miz being the other the winners of each will face each other for a title shot.

Some good fresh matches there.

Haven't seen the show but will try and watch this week at some point.

Ciampa will face Bobby Lashley for the US title on next weeks show after coming through a triple threat match and a singles match with AJ Styles. Becky Lynch will be out for a while after she suffered a separated shoulder during her match with Belair at SS and she worked most of the match with the injury! She opened the show last night with her right arm in a sling and cut a babyface promo.

Under the new management, the words 'wrestler' and 'wrestling' are no longer banned in WWE and can now be used.

Its mad that they were banned in the first place....

Under the new management, the words 'wrestler' and 'wrestling' are no longer banned in WWE and can now be used.

Its mad that they were banned in the first place....
Mostly for two reasons: to present a more "high-brow" image to advertisers, since for a long time pro wrestling was considered low rent trash TV by the companies with actual money but calling it "sports entertainment" sounded classier and more marketable; and also to pretend like they didn't have any direct competition. That hick Ted Turner was running a rasslin' show, but Vince was providing legitimate entertainment. Completely different, you see.

Definitely starting to intrigue me more as we are now seeing effects of Triple H direction. If this keeps up, I'll pay attention to WWE more again

Hope it isn't too late, really should've happened earlier.

John Laurinitus is gone from WWE, he was fired. It was probably for budget reasons. ;)

Kevin Dunn has to be next, then maybe Bruce Pritchard.

Interesting stuff on Raw last night, there was some weird stuff happening in the backstage segments such as when Kevin Owens was being interviewed you could see in the back-round that Nikki ASH and Doudrop were around a car that had crashed into a wall, some other strange stuff was happening too which tied into what happened later on.

After the main event which was Miz v Styles No DQ match it looke like someone from the crowd was trying to storm the ring but was stopped by security, that person was Dexter Lumis! There was some confusion as the show went off the air as some people thought it was real, credit to the new regime for trying something new and different.

Elsewhere the long awaited Women's tag title tournament finally got going. I bet that Naomi and Sasha's return will be them challenging the winners, more seeds planted for the Street Profits split, Rhea Ripley seemingly beat the crap out of Dominik plus Lashley and Ciampa had an excellent match for the US title.

Hit Row returned to Smackdown this past Friday night, well two-thirds of them did as Swerve is on AEW now. Adonis, Top Dollar and B-Fab are back.

There was an excellent IC title match between Gunther and Shinsuke with Gunther retaining, much like the US title match on Raw they built the match up beforehand and made it feel important again, plus the IC title match was the main event of the show.

Back