Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,427 comments
No one posted about Fastlane?!

Apparently it was really good, Cody and Jey won the tag titles in the only title change of the night, Carlito was the LWO's mystery tag partner and Jade Cargill made her first WWE appearance. Will watch the show later.

I thought you would, but I can do it.

Match 1: Cody Rhodes and Jey Uso win the Undisputed Tag Team Championship against The Judgement Day

- This was a surprise! And JD has some hell to pay on Monday probably.

Match 2: L.W.O and Carlito win against Bobby Lashley and The Street Profits

- We all assumed Carlito would be the mystery partner, but still a good match.

Match 3: Iyo Sky retains the Women's Championship against Charlotte Flair and Asuka

- Iyo can really hold her own, but Bayley still wants to make it easy for her.

Match 4: John Cena and LA Knight win against Jimmy Uso and Solo Sikoa

- Fun match with Cena getting his hand raised by Knight, a callback of when he had his raised at Payback.

Match 5: Seth Rollins retains the World Heavyweight Championship against Shinuske Nakamura in a Last Man Standing Match

- Great brawl. Thought Nakamura would get the win, but let's see where Seth goes from here.

Last edited:
No one posted about Fastlane?!

Apparently it was really good, Cody and Jey won the tag titles in the only title change of the night, Carlito was the LWO's mystery tag partner and Jade Cargill made her first WWE appearance. Will watch the show later.
I had other things going on in a list. It being on the same time as both my MK Tournament and Bathurst 1000 made me go past it completely

Did look like a good show though

Last edited:
Have now seen the show, I really enjoyed it. match of the show for me was the last man standing match as i thought it told a great story with Rollins' back, I honestly thought that Shinsuke would win the title during this three match program they had so it'll be interesting to see what's next for Seth.

Speaking of interesting, Cody and Jey winning the tag titles is interesting to say the least! I didn't expect it at all and there are a few different directions they could go with this especially as Roman is back this week, Cena/Knight v Sikoa/Uso was a fun match, Iyo Sky retaining was no surprise, she has been a pretty good champion so far. No surprise about Carlito returning either but was still good to see him, have heard its not a one time thing as well.

Next big WWE show is Crown Jewel in Saudi on November 4th, Roman will finally defend his title against an unknown opponent, there was speculation that it would be Cena but there are no plans for that right now.

Last edited:
So it appears that Kairi Hojo/Sane/Kairi has finished her second stint in Stardom and has all but made her WWE return, which was basically set about two months ago.

So we have our first match for Crown Jewel which was made during Raw last night, Seth Rollins defending his WH title against Drew McIntyre, this is after Drew challenged Seth during the opening promo and Drew also stopped an attempted MITB cash in by Damien Priest after Priest attacked Seth and Dominik ran down with the case but Drew smacked him with the Glasgow kiss.

Jey Uso and Cody Rhodes defended their tag titles against Zayn and Owens in he main event, Becky Lynch defended her women's title against Tegan Nox, Becky has also announced that her autobiography will come out next year. Bronson Reed won a triple threat match to face Gunther for the IC title on next week's Raw. Imperium attacked Gargano and Ciampa during their interview with Wade Barrett and then an interesting video package played for Ludwig Kaiser which teased a singles run for him. There was a bit of beef between Nakamura and Ricochet which actually ended up with Nakamura hitting Ricochet with a GTS, I wonder what that was a hint to!

Tonight is NXT v AEW Dynamite, both shows looks pretty stacked and there are some hints to an appearance from the Undertaker on NXT, both shows will be commercial free for the first 30 minutes.

You can tell Vince is back in charge when they roll out the Undertaker for some Tuesday Night Wars :lol:

Actually it looks like Vince isn't part of creative anymore, a number of reports said so yesterday.

Great night for Carmelo Hayes last night, getting the rub from John Cena and The Undertaker.

It's mainly Triple H running Creative now. Vince has very little say in what goes on.

In related news, there are rumors that the Wyatt6 Story may return with Uncle Howdy leading. They want to keep Bray's vision and legacy alive. I am very behind this if it happens.

NXT: 921K
AEW: 605K

WWE winning on Tuesday night as expected, but real story here is over 1.5 million people watched Wrestling.

Season Premiere of Smackdown tonight looks set to be a big one.

Roman Reigns
John Cena
Triple H
Cody and Jey defending their tag titles against Waller and Theory.

Have heard that they will announce the Smackdown pick tonight too, and its not Cody Rhodes its actually Kevin Owens.

Season Premiere of Smackdown tonight looks set to be a big one.

Roman Reigns
John Cena
Triple H
Cody and Jey defending their tag titles against Waller and Theory.

Have heard that they will announce the Smackdown pick tonight too, and its not Cody Rhodes its actually Kevin Owens.
If it is Kevin Owens, I wonder how this will affect Sami Zayn relationship with Jey Uso on Raw

Very newsworthy Smackdown last night,

Triple H announced that Adam Pearce is now Raw GM and that Nick Aldis is now Smackdown GM, Aldis is a Brit who is a former Impact and ROH champion, this is his first time in WWE in any capacity, he is also married to Mickie James.

Really good opening segment with Reigns, Cena and LA Knight. Reigns called Cena a coward before Cena said that he won't face him for the title because he hadn't earned it...but he knew someone who had and that's when Knight entered. Knight said that whilst Reigns has been away for six weeks he has been making a name for himself, it seemed like Roman didn't know who he was! LA Knight then beat Solo in the main event, it looks like it will be Reigns v Knight at Crown Jewel for the title.

Kevin Owens was revealed to be the trade pick for Smackdown, Cody and Jey retained their tag titles against Waller and Theory, after there was a stare-down between the Usos, Reigns and Cody. Pretty Deadly made their in ring return cheating to win against the Brawling Brutes, there was also an interesting backstage bit between Jade Cargill and Charlotte.

Finn Balor and Damien Priest have won back the tag titles after they won their re match with Cody and Jey in the main event of Raw, They did it with help from Jimmy Uso but still Cody and Jey's reign only lasted nine days.

A fatal five way match for the women's world title has been made for Crown Jewel, Rhea Ripley will defend her title against Shayna Baszler, Zoey Stark, Nia Jax and Raquel Rodriguez.

Michael Cole actually missed a show last night, it was to deal with a personal issue and the time off had been planned, its only the third show he has missed in nearly 25 years!

Logan Paul will face to face with Rey Mysterio this week on Smackdown, this is after Paul called out Rey after his 'boxing fight' this past Saturday.

Roman Reigns v LA Knight for the Undisputed Universal title has been made for Crown Jewel.

Call me a pessimist but I feel this is just going to kill LA Knights momentum.

No way hes winning because we must keep Reigns reign as long as possible apparently until we burn out of non story hype matches and there isn't much I can see him do afterwards, US Title is going to be off limits. No matter how much Roman tries to make his opponents look strong, the story itself just doesn't allow it.

This has the makings to be a similar problem that Ryback faced back in 2012 when they threw him into a match against a long reigning champion and they wouldn't have the champion lose there.

Smackdown in general is a horrible brand to be in for the male wrestlers. The WWE Champion rarely shows up and just makes everyone who has a shot seem foolish, if Logan Paul wins the US Championship he is going to be doing the same thing. The Tag Team Championships are currently held by Raw wrestlers and seem to be doing most of the heavy lifting with those titles

Last edited:
As long as they make him look strong in it, he should be fine
Not like Roman hasn't been doing that to all his opponents and his opponents all just end up in limbo afterwards anyway. Even Brock Lesnar eventually became "why are you still trying...."

The story is just toxic to everyones story that isn't Roman Reigns or the Bloodline

In formely Impact news. They have gone back to branding themselves TNA.

After falling down hard, its really nice to see them pick themselves back up enough to be comfortable calling themselves TNA again, like theyre ready to come back swinging at the market

Last edited:
Bianca Belair returned on Smackdown to help out Charlotte after she got attacked by Damage CTRL, it was after the main event match in which Iyo defended her title against Charlotte, its a bit weird that Bianca would help Charlotte out but whatever. Bianca has been out of action for the past few months as she has had some time off, she wasn't injured.

Rey Mysterio v Logan Paul for the US title has been made for Crown Jewel in two weeks, it does seem like Paul will win the title and maybe keep it until Wrestlemania when LA Knight will beat him for it, I am happy for Knight to be facing Reigns for the title, this time last year he was Max Dupri!

Next couple of weeks will be last of Cena's current run, this Friday is his last date but there is a double taping of Smackdown because of the Saudi show so he will be on the week after as well, he is not advertised for Crown Jewel, Cena hasn't really done a lot in this run but its still been nice to have him.

Rey Mysterio v Logan Paul for the US title has been made for Crown Jewel in two weeks, it does seem like Paul will win the title and maybe keep it until Wrestlemania when LA Knight will beat him for it, I am happy for Knight to be facing Reigns for the title, this time last year he was Max Dupri!
I know thats a likely prediction but it really does sound horrible. What is Smackdown meant to be doing until Mania in this case? Be a Womans only show?

Raw looks pretty good, quite a bit has already been advertised.

Becky Lynch v Indi Hartwell for the NXT women's title.
Sami Zayn v Drew McIntyre
Damien Priest v Jey Uso
New Day v Alpha Academy
Logan Paul
Jonny Gargano v Giovani Vinci

Today is Gunther's 500th day as IC champion.

Cody Rhodes v Damien Priest has been made for Crown Jewel, its only the second time they will face in a singles match but they have met six times in tag team matches since June!

Becky Lynch defended her NXT women's title against Indi Hartwell last night and she will defend the title again tonight against Lyra Valkaryia on NXT Halloween Havoc tonight.

Lyra Valkaryia won the NXT women's title from Becky Lynch last night, Becky's reign lasted 40 days in which she defended it nine times with four of them being on TV. She elevated everyone she faced so I think the title reign was a success. It was pretty special last night as Lyra is also Irish.

John Cena v Solo Sikoa has just been made for Crown Jewel next Saturday, one pretty mad stat from this is that despite Solo being on the main roster for just over a year this is his first singles match on a PLE. Also worth mentioning that Cena hasn't won a match in WWE since 2018.

IYO Sky v Bianca Belair for the women's world title has been made for Crown Jewel, that's seven matches for the show now so I think that'll be it, there is usually six matches for PLE's, Fastlane had five.

The contract signing for the Universal title was last night, LA Knight interrupted Roman's entrance and sat in his spot at the head of the table, later when Knight faced Jimmy Uso he hit Roman with the BFT, Knight has really held his own during the past few weeks.

You know, I was impressed with The Creed Brothers last night. They defeated the Alpha Academy in their RAW debut. All members of The Creed Brothers are adept in college wrestling. It was great watching them last night.

I'm very much keen for a potential Gunther vs. The Miz storyline.

Miz can potentially tie with Chris Jericho for the most Intercontinental Championship reigns and to do that, he would have to beat the longest reigning Intercontinental Champion.

Massive storyline potential

Back