Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,427 comments
Creed Brothers was the main highlight of Raw, great debut match. The last two NXT call ups have been the Creed bros and Dragon Lee which are both really good choices.

They went a bit video package crazy on Raw, there were 10 of them! Best one by far was Drew McIntyre's one.

Here is the card for WWE Crown Jewel in Saudi Arabia tomorrow.

Kick-Off Show.

Sami Zayn v JD McDonagh

-------------------------------------------

Cody Rhodes v Damien Priest

WWE Women's Championship
IYO Sky (c) v Bianca Belair

United States Championship
Rey Mysterio (c) v Logan Paul

John Cena v Solo Sikoa

WWE Women's World Championship-Fatal Five Way match
Rey Ripley (c) v Nia Jax v Zoey Stark v Raquel Rodriguez v Shayna Baszler

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Seth 'Freakin' Rollins (c) v Drew McIntyre

Undisputed WWE Universal Championship
Roman Reigns (c) v LA Knight

Pretty big card featuring the first kick-off show match in ages!

Its been a busy couple of weeks for WWE with both rosters being on tour in Europe, they have made to Riyadh safely, tonight's Smackdown was taped last week.

The fact Roman Reigns needs help putting his feet on the ropes now is kind of stupid if you ask me :lol:

I hope Ivo Sky can do a great job, since she is now the only full time Smackdown Champion, it kind of depends on her to carry the show now while the male wrestlers do **** all and the Tag Champions are from Raw

Thought the show was pretty good but nothing special.

Main highlight for me was Kairi Sane returning, its was rumored for weeks that she would come back and she did to help IYO Sky beat Belair, the women's rosters on both shows is looking promising especially with Jade Cargill's arrival, Rhea Ripley retained her title in a good match.

Solo Sikoa pinned Cena clean without any distractions or help after hitting Cena with a load of spikes, Cena said farewell after and got a standing ovation. Rollins retained his title beating McIntyre clean in a good opening match, my match of the night was probably Rhodes v Priest with Rhodes winning but even that was heavy with shenanigans with Judgment Day and Jey Uso getting involved. Logan Paul won the US title as expected in only his eighth match, there was a spot in which Paul caught Mysterio in mid air preventing Rey from breaking his neck, the main event was a typical Roman Reigns match, nothing much else to say about that other than LA Knight has been really good in recent weeks and still got the usual reaction and ovation from the crowd.

War Games is in just a few weeks time so expect focus to shift pretty quickly on to that.

They could at least introduce some variety in Roman's matches. We know he's never going to lose anywhere but Wrestlemania, but the same old format with inteference from an Uso is just getting stale. I've enjoyed the recent AEW PPVs a lot more, MJF still wins but the actual matches with Cole and Omega were fantastic.

Roman is actually done for the year, he is not scheduled for Survivor Series. next up is the Royal Rumble for him.

Three matches made for War Games in a few weeks, Zoey Stark won a battle royale to face Rhea Ripley for her women's title, The Miz won a fatal four way to face Gunther for the IC title, the ending to that match was a little confusing and people thought it was a botch.

Third match is a traditional War Games match between Judgment Day and Seth, Cody, Sami and Jey. Its supposed to be 5 on 5 so there will some surprise mystery partners, Seth Rollins defended his title against Sami Zayn in really good main event.

I'm more keen for Miz vs Gunther with the potential implications.

Also Miz got a lot pop from the crowed which surprising, I think even to The Miz. I found it funny when Michael Cole said he couldn't remember the last time he saw The Miz looked "this good". Dude doesn't remember his heel persona revolved around him :lol:

Still, face Miz has never really gotten a positive reaction apart from his feud with Shane McMahon.

Hopefully they don't screw this face Miz up

Vince McMahon sold 8.4 million of his shares in TKO this week, he still owns over 20 million shares however, still interesting though.

Its been reported that Drew McIntyre is under consideration to join Judgment Day's team for the War Games match, maybe Randy Orton for the face team??

Looks like the women's War Games match might be set, Asuka turned on Bianca Belair last night and has aligned with Damage CTRL, It could be Asuka, Bayley, Kairi and IYO v Bianca, Charlotte, Shotzi and someone else.

Santos Escobar finally turned on Rey Mysterio too, It was Carlito who suggested that Santos cost Rey the US title when he left the brass knuckles in the ring which led to Logan Paul using them on Rey at Crown Jewel, Carlito then had a match with Bobby Lashley and after that Santos attacked Carlito and then Rey and took out Rey's knee.

Like I said before- Jade Cargill is legit. Anyone who saw J. Cargill in AEW knows this. She'll be formidable whether Face or Heel.

And wow... quite the Japanese women heel trio- Iyo Sky, Kairi Sane, and now Asuka.

Its actually gone a bit quiet on the Jade Cargill front the past few weeks, remember when they had her appearing on Raw, Smackdown and NXT? she hasn't appeared for a little while and there has been no mention of her.

I think the Japanese ladies will either turn on Bayley and Dakota and kick them out of Damage CTRL, or start a heel faction of their own.

I'm hearing that Logan Paul is no longer boxing and will now be a full-time wrestler. That's good considering he's currently US Champion

Related to a point I brought up with @BKGlover about the relative simplicity of New Japan and Stardom storylines, gonna mention how I liked Syrui and Saki Kashima's interactions from last year. (Also how Saki has become one of my favorite wrestlers just on the strength of playing an absolute coward who can still win via sneaky legal pins.)

Saki being deathly afraid of then-World of Stardom Champion (which tbf is their top level championship) Syuri, who incidentally has a better MMA record than CM Punk (6-3 overall, 1-3 UFC v.s 0-1-1)...

...yet pulls out a win against her during that year's 5Star Grand Prix...

...then has to literally be dragged to the ring for a follow-up match...

...then, via troll logic, is rather overconfident in wrestling her in what basically amounts to a sorta-MMA fight (which she would lose)...

...then, after her booting from Oedo Tai, still being so afraid that she's willing to join the faction Syuri is heading up to theoretically duck out of future matches unless needed...

Also worth seeking out are the skits where Saki is tricked into a God's Eye training session and then finds increasingly ludicrous excuses to duck out of actual physical activity.

Last edited:
I will give credit to Damage Control for last Friday. Being the only Champion on Smackdown full time with the male champions nowhere to be seen, they did put more focus on them and put the whole storyline in an interesting direction.

Hope Ivo Sky can keep this up and hard carry Smackdown until Wrestlemania where HOPEFULLY Roman or Logan will drop their title

I'm hearing that Logan Paul is no longer boxing and will now be a full-time wrestler. That's good considering he's currently US Champion
Not sure if that will mean he is full time as he is still a celebrity trying to make other commitments outside both boxing and pro wrestling. He wasn't even on Smackdown

Last edited:
Drew McIntyre has joined team Judgment Day for War Games, I know its a bit predictable but they way they did it was quite good, Drew shook Rollins hand earlier in the show to say well done for retaining his title against him and that he was the better man, but that was just a troll as during the tag title main event Drew Claymore'd Jey Uso and threw him back in the ring which led to Judgement Day retaining against Cody and Jey, Raw went off air with Drew shaking hands with Rhea Ripley on the entrance way. Great ending to Raw, crowd went nuts.

Rey Mysterio has had successful surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee, it was an injury he had been working with for the past three months and the attack from Santos Escobar was a way to write him off TV. He will miss around 6-8 weeks.

Rey Mysterio has had successful surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee, it was an injury he had been working with for the past three months and the attack from Santos Escobar was a way to write him off TV. He will miss around 6-8 weeks.
The fact he was working like that at his age in the first place is quite impressive, especially given 10 years ago he would just get injured every few months.

Hope he rests up well

I actually could imagine Iyo Sky betraying Damage CTRL and joining Asuka and Kairi Sane for a three Japanese ladies heel faction. Last Japanese heel faction I recall in WWF/WWE was that one with Tajiri and Akio among others. It was a three-person faction from what I remember.

I think its more likely theyll just kick Bayley out as she has lost control over her faction. I don't think theyll group Ivo, Asuka and Kairi together just because they're Japanese

Drew McIntyre has joined team Judgment Day for War Games, I know its a bit predictable but they way they did it was quite good, Drew shook Rollins hand earlier in the show to say well done for retaining his title against him and that he was the better man, but that was just a troll as during the tag title main event Drew Claymore'd Jey Uso and threw him back in the ring which led to Judgement Day retaining against Cody and Jey, Raw went off air with Drew shaking hands with Rhea Ripley on the entrance way. Great ending to Raw, crowd went nuts.
So it's either Orton or hometown Punk for the last spot on Cody's team. Randy's more likely as he's been seen at the training centre, not sure if they'd want to sign up Punk anyway with all his baggage.

WWE have announced today that next years Backlash will take place in France, its the third major live event to be held overseas with Elimination Chamber taking place in Perth and Bash In Berlin in Germany.

So it's either Orton or hometown Punk for the last spot on Cody's team. Randy's more likely as he's been seen at the training centre, not sure if they'd want to sign up Punk anyway with all his baggage.
If Punk doesn't return at SS. WWE should still play his theme and have Dominic Mysterio come out to it. The heat would be nuclear.

Dang. WWE must want to go international with their major shows. Elimination Chamber in Perth, Bash in Berlin in... Berlin, and now Backlash in France? Really utilizing the "World" in World Wrestling Entertainment. What's next- Wrestlemania not held in North America?

Back