Does Gran Turismo Have an Exclusive Toyota Deal?

LMAO, that silly little article is 10 years old. Zero relevance.

Exactly. I wouldn't put much stock into it, considering regimes can have changed opinions.

This is very clearly a Polyphony/Toyota exclusitivity deal. No two ways about it.

Toyota models aren’t exclusively appearing in GT as of now. They appeared in Project CARS 2 and that new Wangan Midnight game. What’s stranger still is Wangan Midnight is a game that promotes illegal street racing and modification, but Toyota UK also deleted the tweet that supposedly signalled their opinions on such activities.

I think it’s a strange case of xenophobia from Toyota’s corporate branch. Deciding only to licence their vehicles to Japanese developers and publishers. Since they have never made an official statement that means that the UK twitter guys posting are left to guess at why the company’s products are disappearing from Western games.

I don’t think we’ll truly know whether a Toyota exclusivity deal is in place until either Sony or Toyota give a statement to the press (which seems very unlikely), or Project CARS Revolution comes out and it doesn’t feature Toyota models despite being Bandai Namco. The fact is there just aren’t too many Japanese published or developed racing games coming out that we can test this theory with. Project CARS would be the only one coming up.

Well, if this latest update is anything to go by, there looks to be 21 Toyotas all up in the game. More than any other brand. Nissan following closely.

Exactly. I wouldn't put much stock into it, considering regimes can have changed opinions.

This is very clearly a Polyphony/Toyota exclusitivity deal. No two ways about it.

I agree, if this tweet thread isn't (indirect) confirmation of an exclusivity deal, I don't know what is.

I do believe more and more that in reality, Toyota have decided to stick to Japanese games more that a exclusive deal.

Nascar Heat and WRC 8 have Toyota only because Toyota are part of their series. Project Cars 2 have Toyota because the game is published by Bandai Namco. And we find Toyota in Initial D and Wangan Midnight arcade games because Sega.

For their statement about illegal street racing, I think racing like Initial D is not the problem. For me, the real thing is over the top cosmetics changes and engine swap with other constructor engines that, in the end, made Toyota cars unrecogniszables and cars only made for this purpose. That's why Toyota don't want to see their cars to Western Games for the moment.

Just my 2 cents.

Real Racing 3 a mobile game also has Toyota but ever since they got Toyota they never released any new updates at all that included Toyota cars. They have the TS040 and the Toyota Nascars thats about it. While Toyota itself says they have nothing to do with illegal street racing while Real Racing 3 is track racing.

I admit I kind of dont care about this obviously... it feels like about right for EA who did that Porsche nonsense for the good part of a decade.

Toyota is the biggest car company in the world and they know it, they can be as capricious as they feel like it.

I know about Wangan and obviously its nationalism.

This whole situation considered, PD should start paying more attention to the Lexus license since no one else seemingly can. What a mostly wasted opportunity so far.

What Lexus cars are you thinking about?

As far as Lexus race cars, we're up to date, bar GT500(which won't get updated unless the NSX and GT-R are updated as well). HOWEVER, what's 2020 going to look like, with the changing from RC F to the Supra? Road cars are pretty much up to date model wise.

Where does the Lexus Gazoo Racing LFA Nurb 24H car fit?

RS200/Altezza/TRD, IS200 GT-1, GS300/Aristo

Should we have an LS and GS Hybrid? Sure. Why not? We've got a Fit Hybrid and full electric vehicles.

The Yaris WRC is a no-brainer.

Gazoo Racing Supra is in. There are a line of Gazoo Racing road cars that could join this game.

Back