Domestic A License

• Thread starter Swift
  • 35 comments
i got a time 2 secs below the requirement for gold ;)

Yea sometimes some tests feel easy depending where you're coming from.

Like A10 (suzuka full lap, integra typeR), I just about destroyed the gold time by like 1.5 or 2.5 seconds, don't remember which one, and it wasn't even a perfect lap.

Or like the Laguna Seca lap in B license, destroyed the gold on that one too by like 2 seconds.

I find that something like that will usually happen if you're REALLY comfortable knowing the track so you just cut a lot of corners to the maximum (you know, like just the 2 outside tyres on the inside rumble strips), crazy things like that. When I beat the gold time by like 2 secs on Laguna Seca, I was cutting all the corners like crazy.

A-13. What a pain. 8 hours trying. .107 off. That was in my forst hour. Since then getting slower. Question, first right after first tunnel. Do you slide it or do you brake hard then drive through it. Tried various, but can't remember what I did on my fastest run. Tried looking at the video's on you tube. Drive with a different angle to me, so seeing it is hard. Any help would be appreiciated, but cant use r3 as line does not show on ps3.

Hey Popeye, I just had a go at A13, and I actually learned quite a lot on the way to a 44.237, after really struggling to get gold the first time I went through. How holl01 managed a 43.858 I will never know :crazy:, but I can offer a couple of tips. First, as you probably know, the car just goes straight if you try to turn while braking, so for the first right-hander especially, brake before the turn, maybe coast briefly, and then floor it again, trying to get close to the inside bit of curb. Same goes for the next right-hander, where you want to avoid sliding too far to the edge on the exit, but at the same time not darting all the way back to the right. That's because if you brake late enough to not give up too much time, you need to be near the middle in order to take the last left tightly, again because of the braking understeer. I do trail-brake a bit into that corner, but put the power down quickly and hope for the best. Finally, if you use a manual transmission, stay in second gear before the first right, don't change to fourth before the finish, and shift a bit early when you need a gear change. Oh, and don't forget, this is a 4WD on N2 tires, so don't push the car too much, because it will just understeer endlessly and scrub off a ton of speed in the process.

I hope that helps. :)

THanks for your help Austin343- After reading a few times I went and tried again. 44.539. got it done. I think the thing I was forgetting was the damn 4wd.
THe problem I have is that I am autistic and will stick at one particular license until I get it. And like everybody else, I shake my head at the way the 6 fingered alien drives. :) Absolutely incredible.

Thanks Austin343 👍

Recently, I've been refining my license test times, and some have made it near the top of the leaderboards at GTRP. Since I know that there are still a few people trying to pass or gold licenses, even with GT5 being released in a few months, I thought I'd share the runs of mine for each license that have made it into the top 15 at GTRP. I apologize for the low quality.

(This one ranks fourth at GTRP)

(This one ranks fifth at GTRP)

Last edited:
I've made substantial improvements in several A license tests.

(This one is third at GTRP, and could have been second if I hadn't hit the rev limiter just before the finish. :ouch:)

(This one is fifth at GTRP.)

(This one is fourth at GTRP.)

(I'm really irritated at this run because I had a perfect last corner - better than holl01's - but the esses were just slow enough to put me .004 behind his record time. :ouch:)

(This one is second at GTRP.)

(This one is third at GTRP.)

Back