Domestic A License

• Thread starter Swift
  • 35 comments
Man, the graduation test for this license (Mazda RX7 on the Nurb, section beyond the Karussel) is driving me nuts!! I'm dying to gold it, and so far I'm 7/100ths of a second off :banghead:

I'm beginning to think this is impossible without a DFP!

The tyres have less rubber in them than a condom, and the grip wouldn't hold a fly up on a glass window!! :banghead:

Comfort tyres! Comfort tyres?? Who goes to the 'Ring in a fancy RX7 and puts "Comfort Tyres " on it??? I ask you! Any suggestions?

FastEddie12
Man, the graduation test for this license (Mazda RX7 on the Nurb, section beyond the Karussel) is driving me nuts!! I'm dying to gold it, and so far I'm 7/100ths of a second off :banghead:

The tyres have less rubber in them than a condom, and the grip wouldn't hold a fly up on a glass window!! :banghead:

Comfort tyres! Comfort tyres?? Who goes to the 'Ring in a fancy RX7 and puts "Comfort Tyres " on it??? I ask you! Any suggestions?

I golded this test using Automatic and the DS2 controller.
In fact I golded most tests at the ring using Auto.
I normally drive manual but have found that using automatic at the ring gives you one less thing to worry about.
You are almost there, keep trying.

I golded every single license test with a DS2 and auto gearbox, as I was stupid, have to say now. Using manual would have saved me from a lot of pain. I think that graduation test was tricky, but not impossible. The usual "slow in, fast out" doesn't really work here. It has to be fast in, fast out if you want to succeed, but it is possible.

Everyone's going on about auto!... I had an auto Prelude once (the pop-up headlamp model) which I quite liked (enough to get the V-TEC I've got now), but my left leg was broken at the time, falling off motorbikes, and it was only £400. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

On the other hand, I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. I'll give it a try, and hate you forever if it works... (there's thanks for you! :) )

AAAAUUUGGGHHH! Trying to gold the 1 lap guide run of GV East, after 45 min I get 1:30.501. One :censored:ing thousanth of a second! I wish they'd go ahead and give the gold/silver/bronze if you are within 4/1000 of a sec....:indiff:
I also can't quite gold A1 either...even though I golded the next two tests within 3 tries each. (mutters angrily)

-Edit- I agree on the final test, I silvered, it, but the car just fips out if you do any sudden manuever. Barrelling down one of the world's most difficult, twisty, narrow, bumpy racetracks at 110 mph on "comfort" tires. HA! If I did that test for real, I'd end up wrapped around a damn tree.
Edit #2: Finally , solid gold for A license!

I did it a few times,and i runned a few times under crappy 1:30.501,but i managed later to get gold,after silvering a most of times my nerves exploded,and so is my DS2 :P :)

isn't the big difference on the graduation test that you don't have traction control or ABS? for most of the A license tests they're enabled (not the g.v. east one lap run, though). that's why I figured it was so slippy, anyways. took me a few hours to get gold but it was 0.5sec under the gold time, heh...53.65.

I better like aids off than aids on,sometimes(often) aids are not helping,is it true or is it just my love to dedicated to drift :)

Wow. Surprised myself positively today. When I started to play GT4 I thought that golding the licenses was way too hard. So with a little determinination I got silver for all Domestic and bronze for the others. Not a single gold medal for me.

So after 3 months and about 50% I could not find any short and good races, so I started to fool around with driving tests. I started with a simple one: IB6 - Fuji Speedway, Cone Slalom--ASM On; BMW Z4 `03. Back when I started I had to push quite hard just to get a bronze medal for this. So now first try bust, second silver and third gold! This made me think that: damn, I must have improved quite a lot. :)

So I golded some more random tests and then started to tackle Domestic B. I really thought that they were wayyyy too hard, but to my surprise after just couple of hours I've golded the first 11 tests. On A12 - Tahiti Maze, Switchbacks; Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi (GD, Type-II) `02 I ran into trouble, either my hands are getting too tired or I just havent found out the right strategy, but golding this seems quite hard. Well, taking a well deserved braek and returning to this test tomorrow.

on rally / snow tests the line is the most important thing, just make sure you get to the inside of every hairpin and you don't slide all the way to the outside on exit, doesn't matter if you're going quite slowly through the corner, it's still faster than sliding all the way around the outside line and bouncing off the walls with the throttle held down :)

Golded the rally also. Waited for couple of hours and tried again. This time it did not take long, shows how important it is to take a break when you get stuck with a test.

With just a few tests I found out what i was doing wrong. I was breaking like I was on tarmac. Braked before the corner, and then started the drift with steering. WRONG. Read the "gold quide" and figured out that best way is to start the drift with steering and downshift and brake while drifting. So gold on this now, and resisting the temptation to start golding the rest.

After over 100 attempts, the gold run was an "ugly" run. Took corners very aggressivily and was very quick on the first parts of the track. On the second to last corner even had on uncontrollable drift, which I had to countersteer hard to settle the car. Too bad I don't have the means to get the replay out, 'cause I belieave my run is one of the luckiest gold runs out there.

The last test is damn hard for this one to gold....lowest I have is a 55.057, and worst of all I'm only knocking hundreths off each time...doesn't bode well when I'm a second and a half down on gold

Freakin' A-13 is really starting to get on my nerves,:grumpy: either I push the damn car too hard and end up getting the drivers side headlight replaced for the thousandth time or I come up bout 2 car length behind my ghost on the final straight. And when I do actually improve on my ghost time its by .008 at a time and I'm still some .174 off the gold time.

I got a feeling this damn test is going to make my test is gonna make my DS2 my first casulity for GT4:nervous: Hell A-14 was a sunday drive compared to this.

EDIT: well I decided to skip A-13 and went on to A-15 a full pace car lap of trial mountian. I'll be damned if I didn't gold it in less than 10 mins but A-13 still eludes me.

I found it vice versa for me. A13 was easier then A14...A14 took me nearly a 100 efforts and all day, it was the only test in the lot that was holding me back. In the end I beat it by about .005.

Finally beat A16...beat it by .893

Well finally got past that damned A-13 with a time of 44:582 after trying all sorts of different lines. After 4 days realized I could cut a lil inside the R3 line and got it midnight last night and got A-16 within bout 5 full trys.

All gold B and A licenses:sly:

So off to IB hell I go:nervous:

Hi all,

This is my first post on here,,, I have just started playing GT4 properly and have completed Domestic B licence test all Gold and completed Domestic A licence test 15 Gold Graduation Test Bronze. I only received one prize car and would like to know if I achieve Silver or better still Gold in the Graduation test will i receive the other two prize cars?

If you complete a licence with all but one gold, you'll get the Bronze car, and if you gold that last test, you do indeed get both Silver and Gold prize cars.

Thank you for the reply.

I finally passed A16 with a time of 53.668! I found the key is to use the rumble strips it helps ALOT!!!

Anyway, i was awarded the Honda Dual Note and the Nissan Skyline Gran Turismo ,, just wondering though if this is the pace car that you are awarded shouldn't the Skyline have the flashing lights? When i was completing missions when i first purchased the game i remembered i won the Pace Car and it had all the flashing lights??? Anyone car to provide some feedback?

I give up! I was trying to get all gold but it is ****ing imposible to get gold on A13.

Kind of a silly thing to say, given the number of folks with 80 golds.

Keep at it, watch the demo from the same view you drive with, so you see what it looks like. Over and over. Save your best time as a replay, and use it as a ghost car. If you beat the ghost, you're getting better. The hardest turn is the right immediately after the first tunnel. That turn is key to a good time, and has to be entered PERFECTLY and at the PERFECT speed. You probably have to brake before you want to. Fast in is slow out, and that's bad. The last left is difficult as well, and just as important because without a good exit, you just crawl through the long tunnel

I give up! I was trying to get all gold but it is ****ing imposible to get gold on A13.

Hi, new to forum and i can sympathize with you regarding a13, it was i B**** to do. however i can say that my time for gold on a13 is the absolute minimum. i mean 44.600 is my gold time. i wiped my brow and jumped for joy. because for my previous 10 tries before that my ghost was 44.601. that almost smashed my ds2.

my only advice i can give to you for this test is patience, rest breaks about every 5 attempts and keep practicing. you will get there 'cause if i can you should be able.

still got a15 & a16 to go and i will have all b and a complete golds.

I really agree with everyone that had problems with A-13. I think Gran Turismo is the only game that actually makes me furious. I really wanted to punch the TV when i got 44.613, only 0.013 off. But that was when it was time to take a big, long break :scared:

For me, this was one of the few tests so far that the Gold Medal Guide didn't really help me with. For this test, I think watching the demo with your ghost is really what helps; it points out the spots where your entries are off. With the blind corners these entries really are a pain.

The guide suggests taking the first corner right after the shift into 2nd. I've found that when done correctly combined with a good line through the second corner, this gives you a ~0.1 second advantage over the demo. After that, the next two corners are what always screwed me over. The next major corner (fourth in the test, right before the second tunnel) does not require as much braking as it makes you think. Instead, at least in my case, try an earlier entrance with light braking. Then, coast for a little bit to keep a good line. It's OK to go a little wide at the exit, it's the best way to keep your speed up. For the final corner before the straight, again, turn in early. The turn in point is close to when you enter the tunnel. Make sure to brake light and coast. You can apply mild throttle while coasting. Go up to full throttle as soon as you're sure you can make the corner (you'll know if you had to try 35+ times like I did!)

Edit: Also don't forget you can turn off the ghost with DPad-up, it helps when the times are so close together so the ghost won't block your view.

Ah, A16. I remember I got a pretty good time on that one, a 52.8xx. I saved the replay. That may not seem like a good time now but that was only shortly after the game came out (I improved, but I havent played in years now so I probably suck).

i got a time 2 secs below the requirement for gold ;)

Back