Don't Believe Those Forza Horizon 4 Japan Rumors Quite Yet

I want it soooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Japan has a variety of landscapes possible, with twisty roads, beautiful scenery, huge cities and small villages, and goddamn, THE CARS. (Spoiler alert: I love JDM cars)
Also, inb4 it's comfirmed, FUDGE TOYOTA for not allowing road cars to be featured. I soooooo looked to drive a Chaser V, or a Mark II... T-T

Oh no, we don't want Toyota in any game. Can't interfere with their car sales. Japan will collapse!

There are plenty of other Japanese cars that are super cool. It is up to Forza to make them. Yota can go take a hike then. Their loss. Hope they just add more customizations and allow the gamer to do what they like to their cars.

I don't think they'd have a second straight game taking place in the same geographic region... It's a possibility, but as Kyle's article points out, that's a fake, fan made image.

We've had a snow expansion, how about Sweden or Finland?

We've had a snow expansion, how about Sweden or Finland?

Volvo's for days!

Really though, I think somewhere like Detroit would be pretty cool. It's already a huge car culture Mecca and it would give them a chance to introduce ever more classic American cars people have been harping about. Plus with Ford's interest in the Forza series, they could potentially even allow a reimagined version of their proving grounds.

Really though, I think somewhere like Detroit would be pretty cool. It's already a huge car culture Mecca and it would give them a chance to introduce ever more classic American cars people have been harping about. Plus with Ford's interest in the Forza series, they could potentially even allow a reimagined version of their proving grounds.

No offense but Detroit is probably a bit more suited for the Fallout series... :P

No offense but Detroit is probably a bit more suited for the Fallout series... :P

957402e943773a9484808fbdffd46721--random-meme-random-stuff.jpg

Touché

I mean, where else could they do?

I'd like to see an off the board choice in South Korea or maybe even a tropical island in Indonesia or something like that, but tbh I don't think it matters anymore. It's going to be an Asian locale considering it's the last one that they have left in terms of continents.

I really hope they do, fujimi kaido anyone? Hehe and from what I have seen Japan is a beautiful looking country and it’s home of drifting and jdm so be a great choice. I still love Australia as I live in Australia, I just wish they did a Aussie car pack maybe have a Leyland p76 some GTR and GTR xu1 Torana Xc cobra etc etc there’s a few that could have been added :(

Last edited:
I mean, where else could they do?

I'd like to see an off the board choice in South Korea or maybe even a tropical island in Indonesia or something like that, but tbh I don't think it matters anymore. It's going to be an Asian locale considering it's the last one that they have left in terms of continents.

I know that after having Australia (where I live) as a location I'm asking for too much BUT and I don't think I'm being biased here....I would LOVE to have my place of birth Chile be the location for FH5 (I actually want Japan as FH4)... There is probably no other country that combines so many climate zones like Chile. From the eternal ice, shimmering blue glaciers, hot springs and snow-capped volcanoes to rainforests, the driest desert on Earth, grasslands, endless sandy beaches and mountains - you will find everything.View media item 374172018 at 1:48 AM[/GALLERY]View media item 37415View media item 37414View media item 37413View media item 37412View media item 37411View media item 37410View media item 37409View media item 37408View media item 37407

Japan would be amazing. Imagine if they put in Fujimi Kaido from the Motorsports games into Horizon Japan? Being able to not only drive that wonderful course again, but to be able to drive to and from it from other locations around it.

I take it you didn't hear about the leak on resetera or don't find it credible? The same poster who predicted Australia before E3 '16 now claims Japan.

Well I hope it is this year because it's probably the next game I get on Xbox One.

Or the UK in general. In my opinion the best choice they could make next.

Exactly what I was going to post. Not only are Playground based in the UK but all of the elements you need are there (if you wanted snow you could have some up in the highlands of Scotland). There are also plenty of amazing driving roads. It would be good for showing off some nice rain effects, too. :lol:

That said, I would also love it to be set in Japan! We've got a hire car when we go again in October and the route to one of our hotels looks pretty good:

OeszBC.png

Last edited:
Anybody remember horizon most wanted dlc cars? That's to say they know what we want and what we will pay for.

Can any one argue japan is the most requested location. If you were them, would you listen to your fan base?

Japan is almost a given

Japan is almost a given

I'm not so sure about that considering there are other factors that have to be taken into consideration. The one big thing I could see preventing them from doing Japan is the time needed to model everything. On top of what was in FH3's setting (city, suburbia, rural, jungle/forest, desert, snow (granted they can skip the desert obviously)) they would also have to add some mountainous touge roads as well as bringing back a proper highway. Considering how condensed the areas were in FH3 they may decide to go with a simpler location that fits what they already have instead.

That's one of the major reasons I wish they would skip a cycle and release every 4 years instead of 2. I want a TDU sized map!

With Toyota refusing to allow their cars in games atm I'd actually be pretty disappointed if they choose Japan now of all times.

Back