Don't let people disable driving aids online

United States
Durham, N.C.
otakukid965
It sort of doesn't seem fair the way things are now. It is kind of pointless to even buy a game if other people can determine how you play.

You mean like I open a lobby but can not disable the helpers?

I understand this would be beneficial to a rather unexperienced player that joins my room, and I would like him/her to be able to participate in my races. But, some helpers like the skid recovery thing gives a lot of advantage, I might not be bothered by the unexperienced player but another more skilled player could (ab)use this advantage.

There are so many settings a lobby host can choose from, and so many lobbies available for one to join or not. Please, leave this as it is.

IMO it would much more benefit every one of us if people would simply stop joining lobbies demanding the host to change this and change that. That is such a rude thing to do, it´s his/her lobby for goodness sake, if they don´t like the settings they can leave and look for another or create their own and wait for people to join and agree to the settings used.

I could see if you are forced to drive in a lobby. Thats not the case if you don't like the lobby or are not up the par skill wise with the other people in the lobby that you shouldn't be in the lobby. Make your own lobby or look for one that is more your skill level.

Sure, it can be annoying when someone joins and demands that you change settings, but think about how annoying it is for those who use driving aids to actually find a room that allows them, let alone a decent one.

It´s hard to find a room for most of us, we all have different tastes in many regards. But I can´t really agree with you, I have often found myself in rooms where aids and racing soft tires were used, many of which were crowded and I had fun racing there although it´s not my type of thing.

Best advice would be to search for a league, there are plenty to choose from for example here on gtplanet, and many of them race with helpers on.

Don't use them... or might as well play FORZA or Super Mario for that matter LOL
But I don't time to practice not using them, and I prefer Gran Turismo.
It´s hard to find a room for most of us, we all have different tastes in many regards. But I can´t really agree with you, I have often found myself in rooms where aids and racing soft tires were used, many of which were crowded and I had fun racing there although it´s not my type of thing.

Best advice would be to search for a league, there are plenty to choose from for example here on gtplanet, and many of them race with helpers on.
I would, but my internet isn't very good. I actually did try a league last summer, but was never able to keep a good enough connection to race.

So, you can't play online, but if you could, you'd like to determine everyone's room settings.

This should be in some way cleared up with the proper filters/design for online lobby-browsing that should have been in place since the start of GT5.

We should be able to see exactly what options are set to what level and/or enabled for every single room without having to join and wait. If it isn't feasible to do this through filter settings or an actually usable display of what options are being used in each room in the list, then it shouldn't be too much to ask to do it via a quick query just like the one that brings up the list of players already.

Those of us who prefer no aids at least have the option to exclude SRF-enabled rooms so that we don't have to waste time stumbling into one and finding out that it's no good for us(and many who don't like aids aren't immediately disgusted by the other aids being enabled since only ABS makes a major time difference).

But those who want to use aids don't even have that bit to help them. There is only SRF: any, no SRF: off. That's not very fair. There is nothing to keep them from going into rooms with SRF and ABS and the other minor aids disabled and having to deal with our annoying, condescending comments about "LRN2DRIVE" and such(I kid, no GTP member would ever do such a thing :) ). It also means those players might not even get as many rooms to choose from if it is still just a list of 4 sets of up to 100 rooms since many of those slots will be filled by aids-off rooms.

All of this needed to be fixed in GT5(I still blame it in part for the overwhelming prevalence of Race Softs rooms since many who don't like them either went to private racing, went offline or just relented and got used to driving RS). I had hoped it would be improved for GT6 but it has actually gotten worse since we can't even see PP/HP/Tire settings anymore.

No, I don't think - as the suggestion says - that we should all be forced to run with all aids on any more than I think we should all be forced to run without them or that we should all be forced to drive only GT-Rs on only Apricot Hill in only 3 lap races. But there is a real issue here and it can't possibly be that hard for PD to come up with a better way to do it that what they have now. Even if we can't get everything displayed, the vast majority of that info needs to be shown in order to improve everyone's online experience.

I agree with Morgoth - we need a better filter system. I play without aids and don't use anything stickier than race hards - I don't want to waste time in a a room where people are using aids. I can also understand that if you like using aids you should be able to quickly find rooms that match your preference.

Latest Posts

Back