Dont you think its time to start.....

• Thread starter space
  • 62 comments
Originally posted by Jordan
When did I say that? :confused:

In the **Problems Forum** thread you posted this
Originally posted by Jordan
No username, signatures, profile, pm, search, send email, my threads, and add to buddies links can be done, but it would be quite a hassel, and it still wouldn't prevent that post from showing up in a user's post search. I encourage threads like this in the Rumble Strip - if you want anonymity, just register with a new account. :)

so you did actually say to make another user account :D

Originally posted by boombexus
I can almost guarantee you that those other usernames in question that appear here in this thread, were formed just after your thread on this subject was made to make a statement to you.

I can guaranteee you are wrong. Since I know the peson who made the usernames in question.

I can almost guarantee you that those other usernames in question that appear here in this thread, were formed just after your thread on this subject was made to make a statement to you.

And what was that reason? that the GTP is has people that like to user multiple user names, confusing people?

My alternate username has never been used. Dudebusta changed his to the 'blank space', and has ceased to use the username "Dudebusta." And most of the other user names that appear in here have almost all of there posts here in your thread. I would 'assume' that they are making there statement to you that your reaction to wanting to banning everyone and everything for some reason that only you seem to believe in is absurd in there minds.

Alternate user names that have never been used are fine by me. It the ones who have a perfectly good name, and decide that have had enough of it and change.

This is the only time that i have made my opinions on banning offenses visible to everyone (i.e. its very own thread)

Who cares if it is absurd in their minds? If it is them, why do they bother posting in this thread? why not just move on and ignore it?

Originally posted by Rumple Foreskin

In the **Problems Forum** thread you posted this

so you did actually say to make another user account :D
Taken out of context, I did say you should register another account. However, in context of that thread, I said you should register an account if you have a personal issue that you don't want other members to be aware of. :rolleyes:

Exactly! As you put it, "who cares?"

Why didn't you just move on and ingnore it.?!

My opinion of this thread is that it never should have been made. If you were so upset by the use of multiple user names that confused you, why didn't you use your resources that have been made available to you by the administrative staff here at GTP? You have the 'report to moderators' feature at your disposal. If you didn't want to pursue that route, then maybe a PM to one of the moderators, to discuss the issue with them. But as far as I am concerned, these threads that complain about others in such a public manner, (just like km's thread about the "Acceptable User Policy") are rude and as unprofessional as the behaviors that you speak about.

Peace,

Boom

Geez take my "who cares" out context why dont you.

I care, thats why i made the thread.

If your opinion was that it never should have been made, why did you bother with it?

(on a side note, thats one thing that i don't understand, people who post in threads that they don't care about, just to raise their post count.)

Originally posted by space

(on a side note, thats one thing that i don't understand, people who post in threads that they don't care about, just to raise their post count.)

i dont think he posted that just to raise his post count, it was his opinion
comments like that just end up encouraging fighting

Originally posted by space

I care, thats why i made the thread.

Honestly, I can really see that you do care, and I am glad to hear that you do. But what did you expect to gain by creating this thread?

If your opinion was that it never should have been made, why did you bother with it?

If you noted, my first post in this thread was a question to vat_man, in which you replied to and quoted directly. Hence, you directly involved me.

on a side note, why would I want to raise my post count?

Yes, but the first post you made, was directed at me:P

As for the post raising- see my above post, it wasnt directed at you.

ayways, i'm done with this thread, its a lost cause, all it is doing for me is rasing my post count :rolleyes: :)

Okay - I'm TOTALLY confused now.

Anyhoo - to clarify - my concern was that people seemed to be creating additional usernames purely to show off weird text - hence the spaces, the trademark. I was finding it annoying that people were posting under those names because it was virtually impossible to track who was posting what.

If people are changing to another account name, well, if they let other people know, fine, no problem.

Banning additional user names won't work - what if two users want to log in from the same PC?

I don't know what the solution is - maybe a little self-restraint?

Originally posted by   
i have 2 accounts. this and dudebusta. the rest are certain wankers that will remain nameless.
Nah - you're right, you've just changed over. I know there were a couple of people running two names - pain in the bum...

Originally posted by vat_man

Nah - you're right, you've just changed over. I know there were a couple of people running two names - pain in the bum...

I'm curious, who?

And why?

I can't see the point.....

Well, this was my point - I don't know who they were! New names were contributing to threads, and it became apparent they were existing members using second usernames.

Who knows why?

How about we start a thread and post the names of the members we think are using an alias and then try to find supporting evidence?......

Or is my 'conspicarcy theory' paranoia taking it too far. Hmm yeah maybe.

Back