Download GT HD, still (?)

• Thread starter CarochaMan
  • 289 comments
For those of you who did have GTHD: can you still re-download it from PSN?

I was going to sell my original (Fat) PS3 for the holidays, but it has both the Japanese GT5 Prologue demo and the original U.S./English version of Gran Turismo HD. When I check my PSN downloads list, though, neither of these titles show up.

Do I have some of the last copies of these games?

I was going to sell my original (Fat) PS3 for the holidays, but it has both the Japanese GT5 Prologue demo and the original U.S./English version of Gran Turismo HD. When I check my PSN downloads list, though, neither of these titles show up.

It isn't available anywhere, at least not anywhere on the PSN store.

Its unfortunate that they removed GT:HD from the PlayStation store. Despite its age, I'm sure many people who didn't get to play it initially would appreciate the ability to do so.

Mind you, it can still be purchased in Japan.

Do you know of any videos of the original gt5p demo?

I have demos and full games that have been removed from PSN, but I can re-download at will. GTI Club + demo, and Outrun Arcade Online immediately come to mind as examples.

I think those were removed due to expiry of licenses. Perhaps the reason for removal dictates availability in "the afterlife". If you paid for GTHD though, it's really quite serious if it has not remained available to you.

Both my PS3s (one is even a debug unit) doesnt see anything installable if i burn it to the DVD. Is it a problem i used DVD-RW? It does see something (some files) though, so it can read the rewrittable disc.

Nobody has an account with it downloadable?

Even if they did, they still couldn't download it, it's simply not available anymore. Your best bet is getting a pre-owned disc, or buying a used PS3 with it already installed.

VBR
Even if they did, they still couldn't download it, it's simply not available anymore. Your best bet is getting a pre-owned disc, or buying a used PS3 with it already installed.

This is simply untrue.

PSA:

So a couple weeks ago a friend of mine linked me to a youtube stream of someone playing GT HD. I was like oh yeah I used to have that downloaded on my PS3 back in the day. So he got me thinking, well I'll just go to my PS account and see if its still in my downloads and re-download it to my system to play again for fun. PSN kept giving me errors anytime I would try, even on multiple reboots and trying to download from my account through my PS3 and even my PSN account online to no avail. I had read online in this forum and /r/granturismo and on GT Planet forums you could no longer download the game. My friend mentioned there was a hard copy sold in Japan and I figured well I'll hunt a copy down for my collection. I found one on Ebay pretty easily but for a lot of money for a demo. I bought it anyways. Got it in the mail from Japan went to go put it in my system and when I booted up my PS3 it said "Gran Turismo HD Concept 1.1 downloaded" I was like HUH?! Yeah it totally eventually downloaded. So just here to inform anyone if you still have it listed in your downloads on your PSN account or in your PSN library you can totally download it AND the ranking servers are still working. If you look it up to download there is no available link, but if you were lucky enough to download to your account at any point when it was available you CAN still download it. I have a North American account if that matters.

Thanks for attending my TED talk.

~Sydney
HtBjpDi.png

Yeah it's still on the store, with some creativity you can still download it even if you haven't downloaded it before.

Really nothing special though, 1 track, 8+- cars? and GT4 physics and sounds.

Looks amazing for a 2006 game though.

Yeah it's still on the store, with some creativity you can still download it even if you haven't downloaded it before.

Really nothing special though, 1 track, 8+- cars? and GT4 physics and sounds.

Looks amazing for a 2006 game though.

I mean, it is the only GT game besides Sport that still has its online servers running. I set a few laps every now and then just to see how I stack up against others on the leaderboards.

I bought GT HD from ebay for like 100usd. it wasnt worth the money for only 1 poor course and a few cars with GT4 physics :(

I bought GT HD from ebay for like 100usd. it wasnt worth the money for only 1 poor course and a few cars with GT4 physics :(
I bought it for ÂŁ30. The game, or demo is such a tease. Wish they released the full thing instead of abandoning it. :banghead:

Latest Posts

Back