DPC : Week 7 Entry

• Thread starter 194GVan
  • 124 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Swift
That's not a bad idea. Something to give it some flavor and flare. Good thinking:tup:

hmmm . . something like this?
img00015ct44vj.jpg

we cant really put it as the front untill the poll is done, so i guess we have to use the winner of the DPC from 2 weeks ago :embarrassed:

s2000lover
we cant really put it as the front untill the poll is done, so i guess we have to use the winner of the DPC from 2 weeks ago :embarrassed:

yes you're right . . it's not fair to use one from the ongoing Competition!
but if we "have" to use the winner from 2 Weeks ago . . hmmm . . I think it's better to use one which isn't in the Comp. at all . . but would fit the rules . .

img01344ou.jpg

Im liking those. :)👍

It would be better if someone besides myself did them like the ones above, I dont have any image editing software myself, only on the computer I use at school and for some reason in class they are focusing on Adobe Illustrator rather than Photoshop....friggin idiots! (napoleon dynamite voice). Im not very good at all that photo editing stuff anyways.

We have lots of previous pictures, both the ones that were entered in the polls and the ones that didnt make it so there are plenty of pictures that could be used. Im trying to think of a way so there isnt a debate over which picture to use each week....maybe use the runner up from each of the polls so they get a little spotlight time too?

Im interested to hear more of what everyone thinks.

EDIT: s2000lover yeh thats probably the easiest, but we could go back to week 1 even, so we are staggered by a few weeks, and not seeing the same pics like 3 weeks in a row.

194GVan
Im liking those. :)👍

It would be better if someone besides myself did them like the ones above, I dont have any image editing software myself, only on the computer I use at school and for some reason in class they are focusing on Adobe Illustrator rather than Photoshop....friggin idiots! (napoleon dynamite voice). Im not very good at all that photo editing stuff anyways.

We have lots of previous pictures, both the ones that were entered in the polls and the ones that didnt make it so there are plenty of pictures that could be used. Im trying to think of a way so there isnt a debate over which picture to use each week....maybe use the runner up from each of the polls so they get a little spotlight time too?

Im interested to hear more of what everyone thinks.

EDIT: s2000lover yeh thats probably the easiest, but we could go back to week 1 even, so we are staggered by a few weeks, and not seeing the same pics like 3 weeks in a row.

sure .. it would be easiest . .but:
1. maybe not all (upcoming) winning pictures are easy to fit to this "long" dimensions . . . and i think to make a nice "banner" it should be a "long" dimension to look good . . . :crazy:
2. aren't there enough people which enter wrong cars or wrong courses?? . . I think a banner on the front page which shows a "wrong" car on a "wrong" course wouldn't make it easier . . . :grumpy:

I like to do such things . . . :sly:

edit: maybe the one which came 2nd in the last poll could make the "banner-picture" . . just thinking . .

Boogieman
sure .. it would be easiest . .but:
1. maybe not all (upcoming) winning pictures are easy to fit to this "long" dimensions . . . and i think to make a nice "banner" it should be a "long" dimension to look good . . . :crazy:
2. aren't there enough people which enter wrong cars or wrong courses?? . . I think a banner on the front page which shows a "wrong" car on a "wrong" course wouldn't make it easier . . . :grumpy:

I like to do such things . . . :sly:

edit: maybe the one which came 2nd in the last poll could make the "banner-picture" . . just thinking . .

I see exactly what you mean about not all pictures being the right size, take my entry from this week for example, its too zoomed in on the car to make a banner out of it.

Since we have so many previous entries, Im sure there are a lot of photos that could be used to make a banner. Or like Boogieman's example of a photo that meets the criteria of the current week (check the first post). I like the idea of one person creating the photos each week, for the sake of consistancy with image dimensions, quality, text, etc. Boogieman if you're offering to help out with that, thats great. We are putting your skills to good use here :)👍

s2000lover
im not liking the text on there :(

im saying we should select the winners so we could actually credit them for winning?
I think they get enough credit as it is

And yeah i think the banner should have a picture of a car using the current weeks competition regulations, to avoid confusion........... OR maybe we're looking to much into this??

I have an idea... When the person selects the cars and track for the next week of competition, they should provide a few photos to be used for the banner. This would credit the winner AND follow the guidelines.

volcom_stone29
I have an idea... When the person selects the cars and track for the next week of competition, they should provide a few photos to be used for the banner. This would credit the winner AND follow the guidelines.

and they could send the photos in a PM directly to Boogieman. If for some reason he cant use any of them, he will make one of his own.

good plan..........man so many good pics

Final Entry 👍

Honorable Men.s 👍

Next week
Track: ?????
Car: any-no Race or D1 cars

any one think i should use that 3rd pic instead...............Im getting that feeling that it might be a better choice anyone.?

JMURDER367
Ya'll like this idea?
dpcweek70of.jpg

Cool, but should say drift pic competition. That would be cool for the GTPDC's though!

194GVan
I see exactly what you mean about not all pictures being the right size, take my entry from this week for example, its too zoomed in on the car to make a banner out of it.
Since we have so many previous entries, Im sure there are a lot of photos that could be used to make a banner. Or like Boogieman's example of a photo that meets the criteria of the current week (check the first post). I like the idea of one person creating the photos each week, for the sake of consistancy with image dimensions, quality, text, etc. Boogieman if you're offering to help out with that, thats great. We are putting your skills to good use here :)👍

194GVan
and they could send the photos in a PM directly to Boogieman. If for some reason he cant use any of them, he will make one of his own.

hmm . . I'm not sure everybody would be happy with that arrangement . . but I would love to do it . . . :scared:

Drift-Kid
any one think i should use that 3rd pic instead...............Im getting that feeling that it might be a better choice anyone.?
your choice drift-kid, but make it a quick one

Edit: Boogieman could you update the collage :sly: , im the first post :dopey:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back