Dragon Trail’s bus stop

• Thread starter aureliocr
  • 52 comments
Mexico
Tijuana, Mexico
Hey guys, any tips on how to take the bus stop? I haven’t been able to find my braking point (or off throttle point) with the M6.
I magically got a 1.40.210 but i cant get the bus stop consistently and correctly.

Ju
Hey guys, any tips on how to take the bus stop? I haven’t been able to find my braking point (or off throttle point) with the M6.
I magically got a 1.40.210 but i cant get the bus stop consistently and correctly.
Just practice mate

For starters, just before the bus stop there's a digital flag thingy (the one that lights up to show flags instead of a person, you get it)
That's your off-throttle point. What I do is I usually take throttle off at that point, and then by the end of the curbs I apply throttle again. Also, steering rythm is important, and one I also haven't got around to doing consistently yet. But if you find yourself on the wrong rythm, backing off the throttle usually helps (if you haven't crashed yet)
Good luck! :cheers:

in: just full throttle
out: if you can and have momentum just lift gas, but if lose your momentum + shake your oppenent behind just change to lower gear and run :P

Depending on the car you can do it either at full throttle or lifting slightly on the 2nd part. It's all about being precise with your line (it's very reminiscent of the final chicane on the old Seattle Circuit)

On the reverse version you want to brake slightly on the way in then flat-out for the rest of it,(in my experience cars become too unsettled if you take the first section without braking and you lose at lot of time leaving the bus stop or clip the wall on the outside)

When racing online a lot of otherwise fast drivers can't master the bus stop so you can make a lot of time up, just remember to leave them a little room if your wheel to wheel.

Here's a tutorial for the Jaguar Gr. 3 car.

Traction control does make a difference. Judging on how the TCS acted while you took the bus stop, I'd assume it'd be the equivalent of taking the majority of the turn(s) at 75% throttle

Still pretty good though!

You don't brake at all through bus stop, feather (lift off throttle) through the second section (exit) at first in 4th or 5th gear, once you get the hang of the angle, try full throttle through it, you'll clip a corner or two the first few times when full throttle.

It's recommended during races to feather through it rather than full throttle, way too risky to full throttle.

Last edited:
I lift off a touch before the exit of bus stop. I try to think of it as a feint like a little stepover from a footballer.

For me trying it full throttle with entry speed of 200kmh, ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE, but maybe one day I will manage. A slight throttle lift off on curb right before the exit is the method I use, but the throttle lift off point depends on what car I use, due to different characteristic between those GT3 cars. Just practice and it will come.

Check top 10 replays.

Full throttle, no lift all day long in the M6, Mazda, Lexus, NSX and 911. Those are the cars I have used on Dragon's Trail.

Work up to going full throttle, no lift through there. My suggestion is to not look at it as a bus stop, but after the right hand into the bus stop, look at it as a consecutive turn to the left. Once you tap the rumble strip on the right side before the exit of thr bus stop you should be committed into the end of the bus stop.

You need to find a line that will keep the car stable on the exit to avoid hitting the wall on the outside of the exit. It will take practice, but once you nail it, most competition will lose .5 towards the final turn if not more.

Traction control does make a difference. Judging on how the TCS acted while you took the bus stop, I'd assume it'd be the equivalent of taking the majority of the turn(s) at 75% throttle

Still pretty good though!

It doesn't make difference. You take it full throttle without aids as well.

It depends on the class of car

In gr4 cars , I can usually lift n drift it

In gr3 cars , I always dab the break for a nano sec and then lift n drift in. I can’t make it with the slight lift, especially when you get longer races with fuel etc.

In each race I’ve been in today in B:S I’ve been one of the quickest through that section, so I’m guessing the full throttle lads are either S:S or hot lap wonders

for qualifying it must be flat out. in the race though once the tires are worn you might be better off and even slightly faster if you let go of the throttle and immediately step on it again once you start turning hard left for the exit

It doesn't make difference. You take it full throttle without aids as well.
You can, but it's in that particular situation that TCS made a difference (note the red bar on the the throttle: that's the TCS cutting off throttle)

To those who say no lift through the bus stop, how do you people do that? When do you turn in and when do you flick dat wheel to make it through?

Alpha: Lift or flat out, depending on the car for me, its not a flick, it is a right hand turn, then a "dubble" left hand turn, and then again to the right. For me it is not a straight line in there.

Alpha: Lift or flat out, depending on the car for me, its not a flick, it is a right hand turn, then a "dubble" left hand turn, and then again to the right. For me it is not a straight line in there.
I'm talking about the final 2 turns. The first two are flat out 95% of the time, but it's the last 2 that's hard. Let's say the car can take the last 2 corners flat out (BMW M6), how do you turn it in? If it's not a flick how long do you keep the wheel left before turning it right? Sorry for the numerous questions and thanks for answering :dunce:
You don't flick, it's much smoother. Check some replays from top 10 or lap record on yt.
I don't want to double post so I'll edit it here. Thanks :) I'll try to review some more replays

You can, but it's in that particular situation that TCS made a difference (note the red bar on the the throttle: that's the TCS cutting off throttle)

To those who say no lift through the bus stop, how do you people do that? When do you turn in and when do you flick dat wheel to make it through?

You don't flick, it's much smoother. Check some replays from top 10 or lap record on yt.

I’m normally pretty consistent through the bus stop but for some reason today’s daily race has me braking more for it...

I normally just lift a bit but I find myself getting nervous and braking lol. Just never comfortable with the line I have

What's the bus stop?! Where can I find a list of turn names for each track?
Any section that resembles a hard left/right then straight for a short section, then a hard right/left, is a "bus stop".
Turns 8,9,10,11 on Daytona, for example.

On this section I think the third person view is not very good. Just my opinion but that view in particular blocks the view of the turns, and nose or hood cam let's you use more visual aids to hit the corner just right. So if it's tripping you up and you are using third person, try nose camera or hood cam.
DaytonaTrackMap-PhotoLocations.png

Latest Posts

Back