Dragon Trail’s bus stop

• Thread starter aureliocr
  • 52 comments
I've always been a bit confused about what the FIA brand means in this game. Surely that bus stop would never be allowed in any real FIA sanctioned circuit? It's a death trap.
Russian gp F1 circuit has a bus stop. It's a feature found on many layouts of many tracks.

Russian gp F1 circuit has a bus stop. It's a feature found on many layouts of many tracks.

I'm not familiar with the Russian track, but it has a bus stop where cars enter at that speed, with that narrow of a corridor for a safe exit? Maybe I'm mistaken, but isn't the main purpose of a bus stop chicane to slow down cars so that the next turn doesn't become unsafe? But people are taking the bus stop on Dragon Trail with no speed reduction either entering or leaving it.

I’m normally pretty consistent through the bus stop but for some reason today’s daily race has me braking more for it...

I normally just lift a bit but I find myself getting nervous and braking lol. Just never comfortable with the line I have
I notice less grip on Dragon Tail today than usual, probably because it's in the evening (6:30pm) so the surface is colder and less grip for the RH tires.

PS- look up Watkins Glen, that track has a bus stop.

You can, but it's in that particular situation that TCS made a difference (note the red bar on the the throttle: that's the TCS cutting off throttle)

To those who say no lift through the bus stop, how do you people do that? When do you turn in and when do you flick dat wheel to make it through?
No flicking of the wheel, a smooth transition is needed, my best way of describing it is "firm and concise".

On the exit of the bus stop, by the rumble strip on the left side of the exit I am already steering somewhat to the right.

Ok, I'll go home.

No need, just launch your car at it and hope for the best, what's the worse that could happen? Ok you might hit the walls causing a massive pile up and giving half the grid engine damage, but look on the bright side, the other half of the grid have only been mildly inconvenienced and are damage-free!

Well it would be entertaining for spectators and that's all that matters really.

Oh, and full throttle or go home, never compromise, if you die you die, can always walk it off.
I cant tell you how many times I have died, destroyed cars, employed panel beaters at various bus stop incidents. Between here and downhill at mount panorama, I would hate to be on my pit crew!

I watched all Gr3 M6 in top 10 replay in sport mode yesterday. Only the top 1 has not lift throttle. His time is 1:35:8xx. The second M6 is 1:36:3xx. 0.5s different is huge in aliens’ world. But I think he will still be top 1 even lift throttle.

Last edited:
Sometime u goes smooth there but the result would be even worse.:lol: 10s penalty

Those penalties for ignoring yellow flags are stupid, if they crash what am i supposed to do? No choice but overtaking them...

BTW, how do you place the car names on the list in the left?

Those penalties for ignoring yellow flags are stupid, if they crash what am i supposed to do? No choice but overtaking them...

BTW, how do you place the car names on the list in the left?
You can see I am tracing the back of the front car. I can’t see what happen in front indeed. View the replay to know where is my penalty come from.

The car list is default I think. I did nothing.

Not sure this is the best way generally but this is the way how I do it and what is best for me:

First of all I enter the right/left combination as early as possible, I go fully over the curbs on the right, but usually only the left wheels will go over the left curbs (up to here everything is full throttle of course, this should work with pretty much any car). My goal is to be in a straight line as soon as possible after the right/left so I can can concentrate on when to steer to the left again, as this is by far the most tricky part.
The upcoming walls do have an angle at the end, and what you want to do is drive parallel to the wall at the end where it is angled, because if you are in this angle and if you are close to the wall then there is a small path to push through there.
So the point is to start steering towards the wall rather early (before the curbs on the right end), but only a little, so you line yourself up to be parallel to the wall on the left where it ends.
So it is less of steering left and right, but rather steering a bit to the left, lining yourself up for the end of the wall, to push through in pretty much a straight line, and then as soon as you have cleared the wall (at a close distance) start steering to the right (only if you see you have enough room for the wall on the right of course...).
If you follow this line then you also only have to steer to the right a bit at the exit and run much less danger of hitting the wall to the left after the exit.

What you absolutely do not want to do is start steering to the left on the small straight too late - if you start steering to the left after the curbs have ended you are definitely too late - you won't have a problem with hitting the corner on the left, but you have to greatly reduce speed to not hit the corner on the right and the wall to the left after the exist.
Regarding when to lift the throttle: it is possible to go through this flat out with the M6, I have done it a couple of times in qualifying, but more often than not I crash. So this is very risky in my opinion. So the much safer way is to lift the throttle, I'd say around where the curbs are on the small straight, this will give you a larger margin for error, so you can start steering to the left a bit later (but not much!), and allows you to clear the two corners at a safer distance without running the risk of hitting the wall at the exit.

Someone above said to see it as one large left turn - I don't see it that way, but i guess depending on your style this is what might work for some/many. I find it easier to line myself up for the left/right if I am approaching this in a straight line.

But the main point in my opinion is to think of this more of lining yourself up to push through in pretty much a straight line, rather than a turn to the left and one to the right.
In the end it is a bit similar to the double chicane on Yamagiwa at the bottom, where you also have to try to push through in pretty much a straight line. Of course the risk at the Dragon Trail bus stop is much higher though :)

Good advices; full throttle, for sure. And on every race, go side-by-side with any opponent and squeeze him to the armco...
Not.
(I wish PD made the difference between playfield for the children and another league for the adults, for those who can behave.)

In the end it is a bit similar to the double chicane on Yamagiwa at the bottom
I noticed that if you go straight through the chicanes without even cutting any of the corners, your car ghosts in one spot, I watched a replay of my race and saw that my car ghosted every single lap in the same spot through the chicanes with a straight racing line through it. Weird.

Any section that resembles a hard left/right then straight for a short section, then a hard right/left, is a "bus stop".
Turns 8,9,10,11 on Daytona, for example.

On this section I think the third person view is not very good. Just my opinion but that view in particular blocks the view of the turns, and nose or hood cam let's you use more visual aids to hit the corner just right. So if it's tripping you up and you are using third person, try nose camera or hood cam.
DaytonaTrackMap-PhotoLocations.png

Thank you! Hugely helpful!

im coming out of it around 130mph. this is in the m6 which i do lift off a tiny bit before entering final turn, around 85% throttle

Here's a tutorial for the Jaguar Gr. 3 car.

Wow, impressive. I have never managed (or had balls? :lol:) to make the exit quicker than 190-195 kph, which is ~120mph
i wonder if it would also depend on what camera you use when driving... maybe one that gives more feel of the car corners might help?

Not sure this is the best way generally but this is the way how I do it and what is best for me:

First of all I enter the right/left combination as early as possible, I go fully over the curbs on the right, but usually only the left wheels will go over the left curbs (up to here everything is full throttle of course, this should work with pretty much any car). My goal is to be in a straight line as soon as possible after the right/left so I can can concentrate on when to steer to the left again, as this is by far the most tricky part.
The upcoming walls do have an angle at the end, and what you want to do is drive parallel to the wall at the end where it is angled, because if you are in this angle and if you are close to the wall then there is a small path to push through there.
So the point is to start steering towards the wall rather early (before the curbs on the right end), but only a little, so you line yourself up to be parallel to the wall on the left where it ends.
So it is less of steering left and right, but rather steering a bit to the left, lining yourself up for the end of the wall, to push through in pretty much a straight line, and then as soon as you have cleared the wall (at a close distance) start steering to the right (only if you see you have enough room for the wall on the right of course...).
If you follow this line then you also only have to steer to the right a bit at the exit and run much less danger of hitting the wall to the left after the exit.

What you absolutely do not want to do is start steering to the left on the small straight too late - if you start steering to the left after the curbs have ended you are definitely too late - you won't have a problem with hitting the corner on the left, but you have to greatly reduce speed to not hit the corner on the right and the wall to the left after the exist.
Regarding when to lift the throttle: it is possible to go through this flat out with the M6, I have done it a couple of times in qualifying, but more often than not I crash. So this is very risky in my opinion. So the much safer way is to lift the throttle, I'd say around where the curbs are on the small straight, this will give you a larger margin for error, so you can start steering to the left a bit later (but not much!), and allows you to clear the two corners at a safer distance without running the risk of hitting the wall at the exit.

Someone above said to see it as one large left turn - I don't see it that way, but i guess depending on your style this is what might work for some/many. I find it easier to line myself up for the left/right if I am approaching this in a straight line.

But the main point in my opinion is to think of this more of lining yourself up to push through in pretty much a straight line, rather than a turn to the left and one to the right.
In the end it is a bit similar to the double chicane on Yamagiwa at the bottom, where you also have to try to push through in pretty much a straight line. Of course the risk at the Dragon Trail bus stop is much higher though :)
Basically what I meant by one left hand turn through there, but your description of it is way better :-)

Back