When do you stop hot lapping?

• Thread starter iCyCo
  • 46 comments
I stop when my wife gets mad. Like when she did last night. First time I quit a Sport mode race LOL!

But I've done hot lapping for about 1-1.5 hours nonstop before, the time just passes so quickly. That's why I enjoyed Asetto Corsa so much, God knows there isn't much else to do in that game.

Hotlapping just gets my mind off the stress and crap I have to deal with work in the real world on a daily basis. The concentration required just doesn't allow any other stressful thoughts to enter my mind. The perfect distraction.

I participate in the daily races, the lower class ones with the boring cars (N200 - N???)
As soon as I'm 2-3 secs behind the top 10-ranks I stop and jump into the races. This usually takes me 1-2 hours (yeah I suck).
Have to admit most days I don't even get close >.<

Till the trophies are cleared (65 poles / 91 wins) I'll keep doing this. Once those are cleared I won't bother any longer.
Then I don't care anymore where I start on the grid. I just hope I'll not burn myself out doing this.
Yesterday drove my 100th race in Sport mode.
On 100 races I got the pole 20 times but only won 9 times. Still awhile to go.

I come on late in the evening join a race queue with about 5 mins to go, get about one hot lap then cross my fingers and hope for the best... Well, this is how I have done my 10 Sport modes races so far.

Pretty much same for me... I'm aiming to be within a second of #1 ranked time, lapping within a few tenths every lap.

I only race Suzuka/Nurb GP/Brands/Interlagos, and it normally takes me 30-60 mins to get where I want to be.

I'm the same, but I hope to be within 2 seconds of the #1 time.
Depending on the track, I might be closer - I think the closest I've been to posting a top 10 time is .3 seconds.
I mostly just race Brands, Interlagos, Dragon Trail, Alsace, Maggiorre and Bathurst. Not great at Suzuka or Nurb GP yet but I used to race these in GR.4 before it became all about the Megane, I won't race them in GR.3 yet (my preferred class) as I don't put consistent laps in yet.

Many nights after they change the races for the next day, I run a few laps until I don't feel like I'm getting quicker. I'll temporarily have a top 10 time for a few hours maybe, before it gets pushed off the list. Then before racing the next day, I'll run some more laps until I'm hitting the time I had the night before or hopefully quicker, but I rarely make it into the top ten again after everyone has times posted. Feels good to post a #1 time now and then though, even if it only lasts for a few minutes ;) I do this mostly for the FIA races, but sometimes the dailies too if I like the track and class. With the dailies though, if I get a top time, I'll run that race, maybe a few times in a row to pick up some wins, poles and fast laps. Usually someone else faster comes along and kills my time pretty quickly. I get lumped in with the aliens, but I'm nowhere near their pace, so I need to get wins whenever I can.

Many nights after they change the races for the next day, I run a few laps until I don't feel like I'm getting quicker. I'll temporarily have a top 10 time for a few hours maybe, before it gets pushed off the list. Then before racing the next day, I'll run some more laps until I'm hitting the time I had the night before or hopefully quicker, but I rarely make it into the top ten again after everyone has times posted. Feels good to post a #1 time now and then though, even if it only lasts for a few minutes ;) I do this mostly for the FIA races, but sometimes the dailies too if I like the track and class. With the dailies though, if I get a top time, I'll run that race, maybe a few times in a row to pick up some wins, poles and fast laps. Usually someone else faster comes along and kills my time pretty quickly. I get lumped in with the aliens, but I'm nowhere near their pace, so I need to get wins whenever I can.

Was going through some old screenshots from the beta and saw I had a top 10 time, 7th to be exact feels good. Don't last long though.

When I hot lap for the few dailies I do I just try to get a top time in my group, thing is when time improves you most likely end up in a faster group.

I usually stop when I get either the top time in my region or a time that I'm satisfied with.

I usually stop when I get either the top time in my region or a time that I'm satisfied with.

They need a new region for you, snow, gatordaryl, Senna, hellzfire, z28, etc and all the euro and asian aliens. Outer space region. lol

By the way, now that you are 21, feel free to run drunk laps, please ;)

They need a new region for you, snow, gatordaryl, Senna, hellzfire, z28, etc and all the euro and asian aliens. Outer space region. lol

By the way, now that you are 21, feel free to run drunk laps, please ;)
Yes please.

Was it actually your birthday yesterday @Doodle - I couldn't tell if you were trolling...
I was in the same Manufacturer race as you.

If it was, HBD.

When I start making repeatable laps - when I have my major braking points more or less sorted. 5-10 laps usually enough. I still get faster and faster after that, but I figure I will see the track again later sometime and do it then...

Back