Dream Alliance Sidestories - Takanori's Unicorn

Actually, I decided to forego that chapter. Instead, the Takuma vs. Takuma duel will happen in the Sidestory.

And here is a vague hint of another entry in the Sidestory:

969570_10201553162174388_2127786253_n.jpg

And yes, a duel will commence, that's for sure. ;)

The next page will be posted tomorrow. You'll see Nigel's Yellowbird there. And a Takuma Fans Club will surprise Takuma.

That pic reminds me of a chapter in Highway Racer 2. I planned a small crossover with that fanfic, but scrapped due to it's inactivity.

About the sidestory, have you finalized what's going to be on there? And you still want ideas, with all the content rolling in?

Page 2 - Boosting Morale

Okay, so the first testing session ended with some negative feedback from the team. I won't be surprised, given that all have driven the car for the first time. Samui finds it hard to control the machine, and actually got depressed.

Well, I gotta be Takanori for a day. I want the team in high spirits!

So first, I approached Samui who is just alone at the garden, thinking deeply...

Takuma: "You are in that mood since yesterday."

Samui: "I might bring the team down because of me. I almost got into an accident yesterday. I find it hard to control."

Takuma: "Think back of the day you first drove your NSX. And just remember what Nobuhiko taught you. You know, I already saw your determination to win right before you joined the team. I know you had it in you. All you need to do is to harness it properly. Well, I was actually surprised by your optimistic and cheerful outlook recently. It seems that you a great deal of burden has taken off your shoulders."

Samui: "I know that I have changed recently, but my fears are still here. I don't want to be the cause of a downfall."

Takuma: "Don't let fear take over you. You are a brave person. Actually, deceptively brave. You have something hidden in your innocent facade. You have to unleash it. You said you did so once, so you must do it again."

Samui: "Don't worry. I will. And I just hope Takanori is here... Our team is so vibrant when he is around. I hope he fully recovers."

Just as I thought... no one can compare to Takanori when it comes to boosting the team's morale. How come I can do the task, when I myself is still down?

Takuma: "He's always on our side, no matter what. Just believe in yourself. You have come this far."

I'm sure Samui can do this. He has the skill that matches both mine and Takanori's.

I excused myself and then immediately go to Nigel who is waxing his recently restored Yellowbird.

Takuma: "You must be so happy now that your Yellowbird is back."

Nigel: "Indeed. Shall we have a test run?"

Takuma: "Sure. Let's go..."

9436776388_8e42e756d1_c.jpg

Nigel: "It's now stable. I have adjusted the suspension in their most precise manner. This car has improved its handling by over 90 percent."

Wow! I don't expect anything less from Nigel. He has been so helpful to us. But of course, I treat him as a teammate and not a tool. I want him to realize how important bonds are, which is something he is trying to understand.

9436776312_dbb4288e85_c.jpg

Nigel: "I wish my father is with me. But I worry nothing at all, as he will be released from prison just exactly the day of the race."

Takuma: "That's great to hear."

Nigel: "And also, thanks to you, I have now understood what having a friend really is."

9434000771_1fda91f928_c.jpg

Nigel: "It's something that you feel positive energy from. Like you're very comfortable talking to that person or having fun hanging out. Just like Takanori-san. He's making everyone smile. He has a very positive outlook in life, and I do notice high amounts of adrenalin from him."

I guess everyone misses Takanori too. What should I do? How am I supposed to run this team without him?

9436776110_eb78d10af2_c.jpg

Nigel: "You shouldn't be so sad. Takanori-san taught us all to smile all the time, right? And I'm sure you'll get through. Come on, we shall all be prepared, right?"

Takuma: "Yeah... of course."

But a part of me isn't. There is still a hint of loneliness inside me.

Nigel: "Oh... I just received an E-mail. The Taku-chan Fans Club is waiting for you at an auditorium."

Takuma: "What??? I don't know that they will come... also I don't know that they have grown in numbers."

9436775964_ef06c0b116_c.jpg

Huh? They all come all the way here. Better show up for now.

Nigel: "Ummmm... I need to recharge."

Takuma: "Oh okay. Let's go back."

At an auditorium where Nigel took me, I see a lot of very happy faces. Fans are all wearing black clothes because of my race suit. A lot, of course, asked for autographs. After some time, I head up to the center stage and grabbed a microphone.

Takuma: "Good afternoon everyone. Thank you all for coming, especially my Japanese fans there. Arigatou gozaimashta, minnasan. Wow... I don't know that this fan club has reached global scale. Thank you all for your unending support. I did not expect this."

And then fans have started asking questions about everything... about my racing plans, and my other future endeavors.

There are kids even come up and show their drawings of me in various themes. One particular drawing though, made my heart melt. It's actually a fan art of me and Takanori. Then...

...I finally break down in tears. A lot would know that I have a tough demeanor, and everyone got surprised at what they're seeing. I just remembered that horrible thing I did to Takanori, and of course how he means to me. It's normal for a man to cry.

Takuma: "Sorry... everyone.... It's just that..."

Tears keep on flowing...

Takuma: "...the rumors are true. I almost killed Takanori. Seeing that fan art made me remember that. He means so much to me, you know? I cannot forgive myself for what I did. I'm sorry, everyone... This is a very tough time for me."

Suddenly, everyone comes up the stage. And there are those who surrounded and hugged me, especially the children from Takuma's Proteges Organization.

These people... they all look up to me. I never realized how much they support me despite what happened. They are all on my side, and they still accept me. I thought my demeanor would actually make no friends.

Takuma: "Thank you... thank you, everyone! I promise you one thing, that I will never ever let you down in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I will win it for all of you. Thank you very much for the support!"

Now... with these people on my side... I am more than motivated enough to win the race! My resolve has now strengthened.

Never ever forget the people who are always on your side especially when challenges arise. Not everything in life can be achieved by just you alone.

End of Page 2

Last edited:
Page 3 - I'm Coming...

Just last week, everyone finally witnessed my soft side. And it turned out that they are still at my back, catching me whenever I fall. I can't think of a way on how to repay my fans. But I promised them that I shall not lose the race.

Today, is the 2nd week of the test runs allowed by the FIA. However, we decided not to partake in it since we have to work on the oversteer problem of the car. At least we have to reduce it to acceptable levels.

Instead, we are all at the dining table, having breakfast as usual, but it is a meeting as well.

Takuma: "Listen, you might wonder why we will not go Circuit De La Sarthe today. It's because I allowed the mechanics to further work on the car without any disruptions associated in the track. We will go back next week."

Rob: "Well, it's not like FIA obliged us to do so, anyway. They just allowed us to familiarize the track, that's all. Yeah, that thing is a handful."

Takuma: "I suggest that you still watch Nigel's video, and even play GT5 for simulation as well. Whatever that can help you familiarize both the car and the track. And we already got a memo that we are only allowed to use FIA-approved Racing Hard tires for the race. So, it has to sync well to the car's setup. Hard compounds just take so long to warm up, and they are actually contributing to more wheelspin."

Samui: "Understood. And it must be a challenge using those tires."

Nigel: "I just got the latest info on Boris. He will be using the Sauber Mercedes C9 Group C car."

Nobuyuki: "I'm not surprised if he will use it against us."

Nigel: "The C9 has a 973 horsepower twin turbo 5 liter V8 engine. It had recorded over 380 KM/H at the Mulsanne straight. It's a tough opponent."

Nobuyuki: "Seems our 787B is underpowered."

Takuma: "Increasing the 787B's power further will render it undrivable for us, guys. Besides, it's not the sheer speed that's important here. Remember, the whole straight is now divided by chicanes, so not all of the C9's power will be used there."

Rob: "Then what can we use against it?"

Takuma: "Remember this too... this is an endurance race. It all matters how the car would last for 24 hours. The 787B's naturally-aspirated engine is our party piece. You are all overlooking into something. Yeah, I am expecting that the C9 will beat our lap times, but it has to have a weakness. The keyword here is ENDURANCE. If you want to understand what I'm talking about, I suggest that you look up the real reason why the 787B won the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1991."

Time: 10 am

BorisL : "It's surprising... Takuma's team isn't here."

9451141044_3864654dc8_c.jpg

9451140988_275dbae6e4_c.jpg

Boris: "The team is in complete attendance. Tyler made a quick recovery."

9451140788_0817a2bd64_c.jpg

9448354505_f5c18cd97f_c.jpg

Boris: "This car's power shall dominate the battlefield."

9451140456_05284e51b8_c.jpg

Boris returns to the pit lane to cool down the car after several laps of testing. He joins with the rest of the members.

Yamamoto: "Shall we call this a day, then?"

Boris: "We will still be having runs here."

Tyler: "I'm eager to beat Takuma with this thing. He'd better get ready!"

Boris: "We shall trample their dreams. Dreams are nothing but fantasies just to escape from reality. Absolute power is all you need to survive reality."

Juan: "Whatever you say. I am itching to win this."

Time: 11 am, the next day.

9451140198_988c605b73_c.jpg

Makoto: "It's your day off today, right?"

Takanori: "Yep, and a perfect opportunity to treat the whole family to a popular restaurant at the summit that Aniki had recommended. They serve the best tofu in town!"

Makoto: "Tofu, eh? Well, you like tofu a lot."

Takanori: "Time to warm up!"

Makoto: "Hey! Whoa... the children at the back might wake up!"

Takanori: "This is an electric car! They won't hear a thing!"

Makoto: "Yeah, but your racing car driving might as well do. And this road is not smooth!"

9451139996_2b197b13fe_c.jpg

9451139968_9cc1b39952_c.jpg

Takanori: "That's the NISMO suspension doing its job! It corners like a touring car!"

Makoto: "Oh dear..."

Takanori: "See? They're still asleep."

1003748_10201564762024377_1251478089_n.jpg

Takanori: "And it gets to its top speed easily unlike other electric cars."

1011605_10201564762224382_981270516_n.jpg

Makoto: "Oh, you are going to Europe, right? When?"

Takanori: "I've already packed my things for the trip and the one-way ticket is ready. I'll be leaving next week. I have something to do there first before surprising Aniki.

I'm coming, Aniki... I'm coming."

End of Page 3

I'll be honest that with the current cast, Sonny is dying to have another appearance, being their sensei.

Excellent page nonetheless. :)

Page 4 - Leaving It To You

Good morning! Or should I say, Guten Morgen! Shoot! I forgot! My Gallardo is in matte color! Hence, no waxing allowed! Oh well... good thing I put down the wax.

9453665129_b12c7582fa_c.jpg

Good moooooooorning, my Raging Bull. Enjoying the morning sun?

Sonny: "Seems that you love your Lambo a lot, eh? Good morning."

What a surprise, old man. You came here for what?

Takuma: "Oh it's you. I'm sure you've heard of this. This is the limited edition Gallardo LP600-2 Edizione Takuma."

Sonny: "You assume I can't get one? It's okay. I'm sure all 50 cars have found homes."

Takuma: "What brings you here?"

Sonny: "I want to have a little talk with you. Shall we have a drive? I wanna see your driving..."

So we headed to the Nurburgring. Damn... Axel-oniisan owns a very nice home very near to this place. How much is a lot nearby here?

9453664935_bee94d06fc_c.jpg

Takuma: "Here comes the flying lap."

9453664441_238ed927e0_c.jpg

Sonny: "Heh... you've done your homework. You make this beast easier to control."

9456444738_b64dac5263_c.jpg

Sonny: "Gated gear lever, eh? Reminds me of Lambos of old. You and Sir Ben think alike when it comes to Lambos."

Takuma: "You want something crazier? I suggest you drive the one-off Aventador LP750-2 Signore McCarthy. I know you.. You love hard-to-tame machines."

9453664137_c728dc06dc_c.jpg

Sonny: "I'll try. Shall you arrange a test drive for that?"

Takuma: "Absolutely. Besides, you'll never be able to drive this, anyway. All 50 cars are sold in an instant, and 25 of those 50 cars headed to Japan and each cost a staggering 100 million Yen."

Sonny: "Such a rarity, indeed. Anyway, you're facing the Proteges, huh?"

9453663945_bfb374ec3e_c.jpg

Sonny: "To think who used to be their ally now becomes their enemy. You have totally changed, Takuma."

9453663703_37d3161f41_c.jpg

Takuma: "I will make them realize why we've disbanded. Through that race, I will show them."

Sonny: "I leave it all to you, kid. I'm not someone that will be listened to, anyway."

9453663425_f60fa17394_c.jpg

Takuma: "Whoops, a bit of oversteer here. This is a rear-wheel drive car, so what do you expect?"

Sonny: "You are a much different person now, Takuma. I think... I foresee, a future Sir Ben McCarthy. I do hope you teach them a lesson."

I completed the lap at 7 minutes and 1 second. Pretty neat, but I could have done it faster.

Takuma: "7 minutes and 1 second. A sub-7 minute lap is possible with this car."

Sonny: "But can you run a lecture for 24 hours?"

Takuma: "I can, and I will."

Sonny: "No wonder Sir Ben favored you a lot. You are so promising... you can back up what you said. I wish you luck, and this may be the last time we'll see each other. I'll be off helping Jacob Ross this time."

Takuma: "I see. And as much as I want to duel with him here, I have a race to win."

Sonny: "I wish you the best of luck."

Takuma: "I'm very sorry for ridiculing you in the past."

Sonny: "That's nothing, boy. Concentrate on winning."

End of Page 4

9453846191_1a4ef9f914_c.jpg

Page 5 - Brothers and Twins

Tomorrow is another practice session, but to kill off boredom today, Rob invited me to do some sparring at a martial arts dojo. And Nobuyuki decided to tag along, since he's fond of those.

And so, the three of us are having a chat on the way...

Rob: "What martial art do you practice?"

Takuma: "Tai Chi, and Kenjutsu. I'm more proficient on the latter. How about you?"

Rob: "So you're playing with a Katana eh? I have mastered Taekwondo and Fencing, on the other hand."

Nobuyuki: "You're both playing with swords, eh?"

Rob: "Too bad we don't have them today, chap."

We arrived at the dojo. We paid for a fee for an hour's worth of sparring. Both of us headed to the locker room and dress up. I wore a sleeveless karate gi and pants while Rob dons his Taekwondo outfit. And I don't like what I'm seeing... he has a black belt.

And so we head to our assigned room, with Nobuyuki aiming his smartphone at us as he wants to record our sparring.

Nobuyuki: "Hang on a minute."

He plays a music. That's odd...

Nobuyuki: "Don't mind this. This is Chun-Li's theme from Street Fighter IV."

Both of us then bowed at each other with our fists together. And then assumed our stances. Rob assumes a flamingo stance and then I did one of Tai Chi's stances similar to... Chun-Li's

Nobuyuki: "It's Chun-Li vs. Juri! The battle has begun!"

Oh boy... Nobuyuki's video game geek genes crack up.

Rob immediately unleashes a high kick that I reflexively countered by doing the same thing. And then I parried his kicks using my hands. Man, he is fast...

Rob: "Come on, attack me at wherever you want!"

I parried another one, and then my two palms hit his abdomen and he was pushed back.

Nobuyuki: "Nice! KIKOSHOOOO!!! Haha!"

Rob: "Nice trick there... but is that all you're capable of? 1 point for you, then."

Rob pulls off a high kick that I evaded through a somersault. I assumed a Phoenix stance.

Rob: "Tai Chi's interesting..."

Rob then shows off flurries of kicks.... Damn... I can tell that he spent years in studying Taekwondo.

Nobuyuki: "That's similar to Juri's Super combo Fuharenjin! Minus the pink fireballs, though..."

Go back to playing video games, Nobuyuki. This is real!

Rob: "Scaredy-cat?"

Takuma: "Kakatte koi!"

Nobuyuki: "Hey, use your Spinning Bird Kick!"

He rushes at me and pulls off an aerial roundhouse kick that I dodged. But before I can react...

...he pulls off another high kick, hitting my chin and then he follows up with a right aerial roundhouse kick.

Nobuyuki: "Juri's Fuhajin... Damn... I think Rob is Juri. I think he can even pull off those three Aerial Dive Kicks. Good thing he doesn't have the Feng Shui Engine."

Er... what did you just say? I'm knocked down to the floor. Man, Rob can kill me with those kicks.

Rob: "Come on, you're aren't done already, are you? That felt good, didn't it?"

He helped me up and then we resume the sparring.

Rob: "You've got to be in shape for the race. Enough of your dramas! Focus! Concentrate!

There... Rob just gave me a lecture on reality. Yeah, it's time to stop moping around and get my butt moving. Heh... Rob is my British counterpart, 100%.

Time: 2 pm

Dennis has joined the Mini Challenge tournament in order to boost his experience. He purchased a MINI Cooper S for the purpose, and left it stock aside from the sports tires and an LSD. Dennis is actually nervous since his former partner got into an accident and he is anxious for the replacement.

Then suddenly, his manager approaches him.

Manager: "Dennis, here's your partner."

Takanori arrives and reaches out his hand.

Dennis: "Takuma-san? Did you get a haircut and changed the color of your hair or something?"

Takanori: "Ahahahahaha! I am Takanori Kanonji, his twin! Wait, did you just encounter my twin?"

Dennis: "I'm sorry, I thought you're Takuma-san. Nice to meet you, Takanori-san."

Takanori: "I'll be your partner for the tournament. So, shall we start?"

Dennis: "Partner? That's great! I am kinda nervous for this."

The race has started. Dennis is piloting the MINI and Takanori is the co-driver.

9469738369_8ac1aa47db_c.jpg

Takanori: "I own a MINI, and I'm sure this hatchback shall run with no problems at all."

Dennis: "I just got my FIA license, and this is my first ever race. Plus, I haven't gotten familiar with this track."

9469738275_f0bf283536_c.jpg

Takanori: "Hey, you're doing great! Just be nice and easy. MINIs are just so agile, aren't they? Even my Countryman has this sense of agility."

9469738095_3013ba94cf_c.jpg

Dennis: "My brother, named Rob, is with your twin right now; he is racing in the upcoming 24 Hours of Le Mans. Those two get along really well and they are the best of friends."

9469738047_c785efb8e8_c.jpg

Takanori: "Don't hesitate. Just overtake him when you've braked enough. Braking duel also requires some guts."

Dennis: "Wow... you're very much experienced. And I think we'll get along greatly. You also have that cheerful attitude that I have."

9472519988_76cf7c16d4_c.jpg

Takanori: "We're doing great! And with me being your partner for the rest of the tournament, I'm sure we'll be best friends too. I can sense that we have a lot in common."

9472519866_fb52520989_c.jpg

Dennis: "Having a positive outlook on life will help you succeed. That's what I believe."

End of Page 5

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Some of Rob's quotes are from Juri of Street Fighter IV. I also use her a lot.

- The MINI used for the 450PP MINI Challenge seasonal is stock. Adjustable LSD and Sports Hard tires are the only parts installed. And in my opinion, the MINI Cooper S '11 is the best handling FF in the game.

- As I write this, I am listening to Chun-Li's Street Fighter IV theme.

Bonus pics:

63695_10201582969159544_1426261770_n.jpg

945938_10201582969079542_721462937_n.jpg

There you go, that's how simple it is... :lol:

Last edited:
Page 6 - Group C Shootout

Time: 9 am
Event: NISMO GT-R Prototype Testing

9476998893_f3dc4caa23_c.jpg

Takanori: "I guess this is the final hurrah, eh?"

9476998819_bc788fe139_c.jpg

Takanori: "This is something that can beat Aniki's Gallardo, and something that MINE'S and MCR should watch out."

9479786588_cb50791153_c.jpg

Time: 10 am

Damn... I'm sore all over. Rob just kicked my butt yesterday, and today is the third week of the trial runs!

We arrived at the track rather early. Earlier than the others. I think we're the first team to arrive.

Well, I don't care. Time to get to work! I joined the others who are having coffee. I will brief them first.

Takuma: "Okay guys, listen up. The car is prepped, and please tell me your feedback about it. The mechanics have done their best to make it more drivable as possible."

Nigel: "They said that they have strengthened the front brakes."

Rob: "That could be good. Hey, I will try it first."

Takuma: "That's what I had in mind. Since you beat me up yesterday, you get to drive it first. And besides, thanks to you, my body is sore all over."

Rob: "Haha. Wait a minute..."

The Proteges arrive as well, as I see the Mercedes Sauber C9 pass by our pit garage. Just like us, they also prep the car up. After all, that big event is just around the corner.

Boris is heads-on. And he will drive the car for now.

Boris: "You're here..."

Takuma: "Nice Mercedes... that's the true Silver Arrow."

Boris: "Indeed. And how I love your Mazda's sound. Something that's been missing from the racing world."

Takuma: "And Tyler's fine."

Boris: "Concerned, eh? That's rare for you."

Takuma: "I've changed. Unlike you... you are still a power-crazed, selfish, and sleazy racer I've known back then."

Boris: "I only rely on myself. That's all."

And so he sets off... After a few minutes, the C9 just blasts by the main straight. Such a rocket!

Takuma: "Nigel, please record its lap time."

Nigel: "Understood."

A small, flat horizontal LCD screen pops out from Nigel's forehead showing the running lap time.

9479786368_8c7e6cf3bc_c.jpg

Rob: "That thing is bloody quick on the straights. That's 973 insane German horsepower for you."

9476998473_aeda95bbca_c.jpg

9476998069_8a9e14e264_c.jpg

9479785870_487e198a0a_c.jpg

The C9 crossed the line at 3 minutes and 30.2 seconds. That's tough to beat...

9476997769_62e25bff6e_c.jpg

Rob: "My turn now. Gotta show him."

After a warm-up lap, and Rob is in action. Nigel starts the clock.

9479785474_c2ee95bd8b_c.jpg

9476997443_df3d544728_c.jpg

Rob: "Slight understeer here, but it's useful and wheelspin has been reduced. It's much easier to handle."

9476997251_7c66e58dbd_c.jpg

Rob: "My god... this is mental. 360 KM/H!"

9479784906_3ee6195a72_c.jpg

The 787B clocked in at 3 minutes and 31.2 seconds. We're one second slower, but I don't feel bad about it.

Nigel: "We're one second slower."

Takuma: "That's alright. Rob finds it easier to drive. The important thing is that the car finally cooperates with you. If both of you will sync together...

...you will become an unstoppable force in the battlefield!"

And then I saw the C9 in the pit garage, with its engine exposed with a large electric fan cooling it. It's a normal sight on uber-powered machines like that. But...

Takuma: "Heh... Looks like we already have an advantage, Nigel. Just as I expected..."

End of Page 6

Great car, that Sauber, but it might kill.

And i can't help but notice a hint of James May on every Brit you have.

Before, I used to hate that Sauber. Now I grew to love it.

And...

"GOOD NEWS!!! THERE'S A NEW DACIA!" :lol:

Last edited:
Page 7 - Support

Another good week passed by, and today is the final testing day for the teams. We are at the track this time, and we have made our final adjustments to the 787B. Samui is driving the car first this time.

Time: 2 pm

9491652043_d75ba87c63_c.jpg

Juri: "Ooooh... that felt good."

Sakura: "Congratulations on winning the drifting tournament at Silverstone yesterday."

9494449818_d08853e798_c.jpg

Juri: "All men there saw it coming. They can't handle me, baby... And no one satisfied me, either."

9494449696_0435a8caff_c.jpg

Juri: "I want some more fun... I shall watch the Le Mans. Besides, I already saw someone there that I think I can sink my teeth into."

Sakura: "Heehee... who could that be?"

Juri: "Samui Kanonji. He's one cutie... I'll be the one that will rock his world. I wonder what does he taste like?"

Juri slithers her tongue on her lips.

9491651853_7899b31036_c.jpg

Juri: "I hope he's just as delicious as the twins. I'm hungry..."

Time: 3 pm

Ready to go, Samui? Oh forget it, he's already running... I lost my mind there...

9491651819_1b2e138954_c.jpg

9494449508_1fd7c324c5_c.jpg

9494449342_0769499b8c_c.jpg

As the car passed by at the main straight again, Nigel recorded a lap time of 3 minutes and 31 seconds flat. Not much of an improvement for me, but what I need is Samui's feedback and if he finds it easier to drive, then I'll be more than happy.

He returns to the pit lane shortly.

Samui: "It is somehow easier to drive. I would understand since it's a very high-powered mid-engined car I'm driving. But I can handle it, don't worry. I just remembered Nobuhiko-senpai's advice to me."

Takuma: "Glad to hear it. It's not the lap time that I'm focusing here. Strategy plays a key role in an endurance race, remember that. All factors come into play. Even the speed of changing of tires is important as well. You can easily harness your capabilities if you can handle the car, and that is the most important, like what I said last week.

I don't care if we start at the back of the pack in our class!"

Time: 11 pm

9494449326_8bc31cd22a_c.jpg

Akira Iida: "How about heading to France to show support to my friend?"

9491651285_defa64e7d0_c.jpg

Akira Iida: "I want to see Nobuyuki-kun's performance. That way, that will make me more excited to race him."

9494448936_0937bd64f2_c.jpg

Kokoro: "Still haven't gone to sleep?"

Ben: "I'm excited for my first international karting race in Europe! I hope Daddy can watch..."

Kokoro: "We will be watching him at the Le Mans. He needs us on his side. Even little Shin is happy to go there."

Ben: "I hope Shin kicks Daddy's face once again. Hehehehehe..."

Kokoro: "Shinsetsu loves your father so much, you know? Even at that age, I can already tell. He smiles whenever your father carries him, and even at one point sat on his lap while driving.

Let's go. Let us support your father."

End of Page 7

Last edited:
Page 8 - My Family, My Home

This is it... a few days to go...

...a part of me is nervous, but another side of me is confident and determined to win.

Sigh... I wish my family - especially Takanori - is here on my side.

On a nice sunny morning, I am cooking breakfast for the team. It's a free day, and everyone has their own agenda for today. Souvenir shopping is one of those.

Nigel suddenly lends me a hand on cooking.

Nigel: "Ohayou gozaimasu."

Takuma: "Guten morgen, Nigel."

Nigel: "Oh, Ben Kanonji will be racing in Eifel Kart track today. Will you be watching the race?"

Really? My family is here? I'm sure they are not just going to watch little Ben's race. They will look for me...

As a father, I gotta be there. I have to be a good one, just like my 2 fathers.

Takuma: "Gotta be there for him. I'm a father."

Nigel: "Appropriate choice of action. You must be there. My father used to go with me wherever I go, you know?"

Eifel is just a stone's throw away. It's still located in Nurburg. There's a small race track there.

Takuma: "Tell the team that I'll leave once I'm done cooking."

Nobuyuki: "Hey Chun-Li! Where will you go?"

Takuma: "Going to kick you a hundred times at a standstill. I will watch my son's karting race. See ya."

I arrived at the said track 30 minutes after. I didn't know that even Germany could suffer from traffic jams, though they are far off from Tokyo. Tokyo's traffic jams are just legendary.

I managed to enter. And the race is about to start. I know you can do it... little Ben McCarthy.

9502460018_91fe1c432b_c.jpg

And they're off! Doing good, little Ben! You've gotten a lot better!

9502459912_c536d18079_c.jpg

Ben: "No! I went off-track!"

9499660293_d0b189e12e_c.jpg

Keep on fighting! I know you can beat those nincompoops!

9502460006_f6b69fdd32_c.jpg

Ben: "I wish Daddy's here..."

9502459408_d0aa2291dd_c.jpg

Ben: "But I will win this for him! I want to make Daddy happy for his upcoming race!"

You are getting close to the leader. Just concentrate, like I always tell you.

9502459200_93c1dba2cb_c.jpg

9502459052_9ef2e1efe5_c.jpg

Ben: "Gotcha! Bye, nincompoop!"

9499659629_046cd60da9_c.jpg

That's my little Sir Ben! Show no mercy!

After a few laps, he has completely left the competition. Shame on those grown-ups. Your pants are wet now? You've got beaten by a 6-year old kid!

I see my wife happily carrying little Shin as she watches Ben holding his trophy.

Then I leave the premises. Wait, just like that? What kind of a father am I?

Suddenly...

Ben: "Daddy!!!"

Hearing that made my eyes teary. He is running towards me, crying. He hugs me tightly. What a joy seeing them!

Ben: "Where have you been all this time!? I miss you so much!"

Takuma: "I'm sorry... I broke my promise. I promised not to let you cry."

Kokoro: "Thank goodness you're all right. Everyone is worried!"

Takuma: "Forgive me, everyone. It was just too much for me to bear that I have to run away for a while."

Then Shin reaches out his arms, as he wants me to carry him. She handed the baby to me. He is so happy, but of course, with a kick on my face.

Takuma: "I deserve it. I'm sorry, little Shin. Did Daddy made you cry?"

Kokoro: "Yes you did. He's crying every night because he could not find you."

We all walk away happily. When was the last time we walked together as a family? I will make sure that I'll be a very responsible head of the household, that I will keep my family together.

After a whole day of bonding and touring around the city, they took me to the hotel where they are staying. Little Ben has his own room just across the suite room. It's a wonderful night...

Kokoro: "Hey... I miss your warmth... Come to bed."

Takuma: "Me too. Let's have... you know."

Kokoro: "You have a lot to make up. So..."

Moments later, at Ben's room. Ben is looking at Shin at the crib, when...

Ben: "Shin.... I'm hearing moaning from the other room. Are there ghosts here?"

End of Page 8

Last edited:
I accidentally pressed the "Send Reply" button a while ago. You can now read the whole Page 8.

Last edited:
Page 9 - Sir Ben For A Day

Kokoro and I had a wonderful night... well, you get it. No need to spill details. Hahahaha.

We all headed to France, and yes, this is it. Tomorrow is the big day. I gathered the team in a conference room at a hotel for the final briefing for tomorrow's race.

Takuma: "Good Morning, everyone. Tomorrow's the big day. We all gotta be prepared. I know Takanori is not around, and it won't be the same; but we all have to work hard and exert our best effort. We will all do this for him.

I have sorted out the order of driver shifts. Rob will be the first, and then Nobuyuki, then Samui, then Nigel and finally me. We change drivers every 20 laps max.

Our logistics headed by Ricky have finally secured all spare parts thanks to Mazda's sponsorship. Some of Mazda's technical crew that also took charge during the 1991 race will also be present to help us out.

You all saw the lap times we set; and I know that we aren't as fast as the Sauber C9's time. But strategy plays a key role in every race, whether endurance or not. And speed is not only important.

Teamwork is the most important. We shall show The Proteges the value of teamwork! We are all motivated by dreams, and let's join them all. In that way, we can accomplish this.

Tomorrow, we will head to Le Mans early. The race will officially start at 3 pm, rain or shine. Stay sharp. Sleep early as possible.

We can all do this. WE CAN!"

Everyone applauds, including my family. Takanori is way better than me in terms of speeches. Perhaps his high grades in English in his high school days are proof.

After answering some queries, the meeting is adjourned. Samui immediately approaches me. He seems nervous.

Samui: "Well, this is it. This is my first major race. I can bring pride to Japan, right?"

I put my hand on his shoulder. I want to assure him that we can do this.

Takuma: "You can. I trust in your skills. The Kanonjis are the fastest, right? We will do this together. We will make our country proud. You are not alone."

Samui: "I just wish my parents are alive to see this. But I guess they are watching from the heavens. That's more than okay for me."

Takuma: "That's good to hear. You know... I wish my fathers are also alive to see this. If you can see their spirits, then please tell me. But don't freak me out, okay? Haha!"

Time: 7 am, the next day

9506881909_e995e36ff9_c.jpg

Dennis: "Okay, we are here in France. I must hurry! We cannot lose seats for the race."

9506881849_d92ac661d6_c.jpg

Takanori: "Um.... uh... Are you sure about where are we going? I don't know much on Europe's roads, either."

Dennis: "Ehehehehehehe... Gotta admit, I don't drive around France. And this car is not equipped with the optional SatNav."

Takanori: "And I don't have a map with me..."

9509678224_8e91f279fc_c.jpg

Takanori and Dennis: "WE'RE LOST!!!"

This is it... this is really is it.

Thousands of people are at the bleachers. Some even made a camp out so as to witness the entire race for 24 Hours. Man, parties are also everywhere!

This is just as wild as the Nurburgring 24 Hours.

Rob is suiting himself up. Sayuki is also present, changing Nigel's battery. The mechanics ready the car. All it needs now is a driver.

Rob: "Such a fair weather day."

Takuma: "That's odd. It was sunny this morning."

Boris approached us. Something to say?

Boris: "Good. We are all prepared."

Takuma: "Looking sharp as well."

Boris: "I shall show you the extent of my power..."

Takuma: "Enough power-tripping. Oh, I am soooo scared of your Sauber C9. Well, let's just see then. That's all I can say. Oh...

...I shall be Sir Ben for a day. I will teach you one final lesson!"

Boris: "You think I'd listen?"

Takuma: "This race shall show you the error of your ways."

After hearing France's National Anthem, we are all set. We are 12th in position based on our lap times last week.

9506881699_2d977c3d65_c.jpg

Rob... good luck. Just stay focused. Juan Potenciano will be driving first for The Proteges.

9509678040_79742fb129_c.jpg

Rob: "That Merc is in 2nd place? Oh dear... how can I keep up? But..."

After the fireworks, all cars start the race! This is the longest day of our lives.

9509677960_4f2c878e9d_c.jpg

Rob: "...I will play along for a while, just as Takuma instructed. I too, know that Merc's weakness..."

End of Page 9

Last edited:
Page 10 - Set Back

19 laps has been done, and Rob still hasn't caught that Sauber C9. But I instructed him not to get rough on it. We've just done a fraction of our progress. Anything can happen. We cannot just pull out our fangs yet. We will pull our punches first.

9515750064_4a00bcd1c0_c.jpg

Rob: "I'm at that Merc's tail!"

Takuma: "Don't overtake it first. We cannot let Juan analyze every bit of our car's potential."

Rob: "Just as planned. Roger that."

9515749876_f5aafab0ed_c.jpg

Rob: "Crikey! That's ballistic! Even drafting might be useless. It just pulls away."

9512959539_685ab9b724_c.jpg

Juan: "Still behind me, eh? You are that neophyte? Is Takuma that desperate to find a replacement?"

9512959233_8fa49a7de5_c.jpg

Juan: "Take this!!!"

Rob: "Shoot!!! He suddenly slammed the brakes!"

9515749446_a914e21838_c.jpg

Rob: "I'm losing traction! Maybe it is time to go to the pit lane."

Takuma: "Roger that. I'll tell the crew to ready the tires. You did well. Nobuyuki shall drive next."

9512959007_0eee641013_c.jpg

Rob: "What a trick... can't you get any worse than that? Everyone does it. Just in time when the rear tires have given up."

9512958745_7a0825213e_c.jpg

Rob: "Next time I won't be so friendly."

He returned to the pit lane and the crew quickly changes the tires. Nobuyuki shall take the baton. The C9 does the same.

Nobuyuki: "Just leave the catching to me."

Takuma: "Now, now... don't be so rough first. What matters here is how you hold on. Let those Proteges go all-out."

And there's a sign. As the Sauber C9 left, one of the LMPs also return to the pit lane and its crew open the engine bay. A large smoke comes out.

Takuma: "Just have fun, Nobuyuki."

Nobuyuki: "All right, Chun-Li. Roger that."

I sure do hope The Proteges saw that as a sign. All right, just go all-out. If that is your perception of power, then go ahead. We will strike back. I don't care if you are seconds faster than us.

End of Page 10

Bonus photo for today:

9512959727_3a0d108a4f_c.jpg

A 1:64 scale model of Mazda 787B made by Kyosho.

Page 11 - Der Neue Bob (The New Bob)

Time: 11 pm

Takanori: "Whew... we're finally here."

Dennis: "Kinda awkward that it took us the whole day to find this place."

Takanori: "Yeah. But at least I'm here... to surprise my twin. Thanks for tagging me along. Didn't expect it."

Dennis: "No problem, mate! We are best friends, right?"

Takanori: "Of course!"

Dennis: "Are we parked at the right place? Is that where your team's pit garage is?"

Takanori: "Sure thing. I am seeing Aniki getting in a caravan with his family inside. Well, I gotta surprise him tomorrow just before the race ends."

Dennis: "Perfect plan. But we must be out of sight, though. I'll be moving this car a bit."

Takanori: "I have my bag along. Let's see what I've got... toothbrush, toothpaste, extra clothes, jumper..."

Dennis: "What is this? It's raining..."

Takanori: "Eh??? This could be hard... Racing in rain at night leaves you , well, blind."

Oh no... it started to rain. That's odd. I head out from the caravan while my family is sleeping. I ordered Samui to return to the pit lane and switch to rain tires. He had nice runs for the entire race. I had a nice time when I raced a while ago. Still though, the C9 is a force to be reckoned with.

Nigel... it's your turn once again. This is the time he should shine. This is just the start of our counterattack!

Takuma: "Nigel, your turn."

Takuma: "Now, show your capabilities here. Surprise the audience."

And he sets off. The rain is falling harder. Also, I can monitor the race through Nigel's eyes via a screen at the pit garage. Everyone keeps an eye on it.

9517290570_a4e0a61c95_c.jpg

Tyler: "Playing with me again? It's night, and should you be in bed???"

I have a plan on ya, Tyler.

Takuma: "Nigel, decrease your pace. Let Tyler take the lead."

9514501901_a3eb981a57_c.jpg

Nigel: "Mercedes C9's power level - 100%. Lateral acceleration - 1 G. Turbo Boost Levels - 1.5 bar."

9517290352_6cd28e1203_c.jpg

Nigel: "That Mercedes is quickly getting away. 973 PS is at work here..."

Tyler: "Heh... you should have troubled. With the mist kicked by this car, you should be struggling."

9517290208_20a2586b38_c.jpg

Takuma: "Nigel, activate your Night Vision."

Nigel: "Night Vision activated."

And we all see green objects, similar to the Night Vision Goggles used by military.

Nobuyuki: "Man... Nigel rocks."

9517289900_0302e3851f_c.jpg

Takuma: "Nigel, surprise Tyler. He assumes that you are falling behind. The mist is heavy. Increase Pace!"

Nigel: "Roger."

9517289786_ed8a9dbc46_c.jpg

Tyler: "Am I... Woah!!!"

Takuma: "Now overtake him!"

The track analysis he performed a few weeks back also benefits him. He scanned the exact width and length of the track, as well as the angles of each corners. Hence, even at the deepest darkness or at the poorest of visibility levels, he can still race at his best and enter through the corners at precise speed just like on a lighted track.

Tyler: "Woah!!! What gives!?"

9517289544_a61324d909_c.jpg

Takuma: "Increase pace."

Takuma: "Now you can outrun him."

9514500731_50a9788cfe_c.jpg

Another lap has started. He is just flying. And also, thanks to Nobuhiko's reflexes he gained, he can control that powerful car even at the wet!

9517289306_b64d3e486c_c.jpg

9517288888_b1ec5e35b0_c.jpg

Takuma: "Nigel's all alone now. Our opponents are way behind simply because they cannot control their cars on wet."

9517288750_cce6aacc7f_c.jpg

Tyler: "Where is he!? I can't see him!!!"

Though suddenly, we received word that the race will be temporarily stopped since visibility is an all-time low. Gotta be fair now. All cars are ordered to return to the pit lane and resume the race if conditions have improved.

When Nigel returned, I gave him a pat on the back.

Takuma: "Nigel. Wunderbar."

Nigel: "Danke Schoen."

Takuma: "We'll rest for now."

And then I see the Proteges arguing by themselves. It's like in the past... They just blame each other instead of helping out.

The tables will start to turn.

End of Page 11

Page 12 - One Final Lesson

It's 2:40 pm.... yes, it's the final leg. Everyone looks tired, but they are still dedicated to their part for us to win the race. We will never give up!

It's Nigel's last run for the race, then it would be my turn.

9520128191_dca2eb71fd_c.jpg

Takuma: "Any visual on the leader?"

Nigel: "Not yet. But I do see the 2nd placer."

9522916384_8d6545d272_c.jpg

Takuma: "You are getting close, then. Team Pescarolo puts up a good fight as well."

9520129201_675ee35dbc_c.jpg

Nigel: "I saw it! Target acquired."

Takuma: "We will attack that Rotweiler. We will turn the tide against him."

9520129147_1c9d4beccd_c.jpg

Tyler: "Come on, Robot! I'll smash you to pieces!"

9520128997_efd9c00b44_c.jpg

Nigel: "Performing slipstream."

9520128875_75051e9cb9_c.jpg

Suddenly though, we have 3 guests that arrived our pit garage. It's Juri and Sakura, and Akira Iida of Super GT.

Juri: "Mmmmm.... You look like you're in good shape, Samui-kun..."

Samui: "Takeuchi Juri-san? Hi..."

Juri: "Don't play innocent there, boy. I know you want me..."

Samui: "Wha??? Why did you lick my face!?"

Juri: "You taste so good... I'll keep you company, boy."

Kokoro: "There goes Juri again. Don't worry, she's nice."

Akira: "Nobuyuki-kun!"

Nobuyuki: "Iida-san!"

Akira: "Doing good so far! Well, this just makes me more excited...

...to battle you!"

9522915696_615d21499a_c.jpg

Nigel: "I have finally overtaken Tyler!"

Takuma: "Great!"

Of course, we have something to fight off the competition to that long straight. The mechanics have made the 5th gear taller so as to be used in slipstream battles. Hence, speeds that exceed 380 KM/H is possible with the 787B.

9520128525_91121b7cc1_c.jpg

Tyler: "That's all you got!?"

9522915516_797d3f7288_c.jpg

Nigel: "The C9 lags at the corner exit!"

Takuma: "That's just normal for high-powered turbos. Use it to your advantage. How are the tires?"

Nigel: "I will enter the pits. They need to change... and I need to recharge as well. You need new tires for your turn."

Tyler: "I'll smash you!!!"

Nigel: "Target incoming. Performing evasive maneuver."

9520128353_8d2f778bd3_c.jpg

Tyler: "Damn... missed it."

9522915138_35e7d7c173_c.jpg

Takuma: "Floor it, Nigel! Show the C9 our car's absence of turbo lag!"

9522915028_6420f41c60_c.jpg

Tyler: "Damn... I can't just rocket away. Gotta control the wheelspin!"

9522914858_a0ed0b9250_c.jpg

9520127691_c49bf430fd_c.jpg

Tyler: "He's like disappearing! His car's tires must have given up!"

9520127553_c0f796c14f_c.jpg

9520127399_11aa8818a3_c.jpg

Go Nigel! Make your last run a very worthwhile one!

9520126975_0a36219d2f_c.jpg

Nigel: "I will return to the pit lane."

Takuma: "Got it. You did well."

He returns to the pit lane, and I assisted him to his charging port. You are one hell of a robot, Nigel. I'm sure your father is happy now.

It's my turn once again... This time, I will teach Boris that one final lesson!

Rob: "Good luck there, mate. Show who's the boss."

Nobuyuki: "Yeah. Kick his butt, Chun..."

Kokoro: "We're all here for you, honey. You can do it."

Takuma: "Thank you, everyone. You all did well. We managed to last this far. I will once again show to the world what dreams are capable of."

Samui: "I am seeing two spirits... behind you. I think that's your father... and Sir Ben."

Takuma: "Yeah... I felt something on my shoulders."

So my fathers are here as well. They are watching me. Just like what Takanori did before, I will now be the one carrying home that gold trophy!

Just watch me...

Boris: "You ready, Takuma? This is our last chance of proving ourselves. And I will make sure that I'll take you down."

Takuma: "Let's see if your "absolute power" can win over the power of "teamwork". All you relied on your whole life is just yourself."

Boris: "What was once just a tool now turns against me. You are only my tool. I can simply destroy tools."

Takuma: "Yeah... and your tools are useless to you, eh? Actually, there is your answer. You wondered why Sir Ben disbanded the team, right? Haven't you realized it yet? Just look at your team."

Boris: "So what? They are just my tools to my success. And they never served me well. Anger and hate is what motivated us to crush you. Anger and hate are supreme."

Takuma: "Poor Boris... you've never known happiness."

Both of us entered in our cars as soon as the new tires are fit.

Let's roll... I shall show you the error of your ways. You've gotten blind from your selfish ambitions.

End of Page 12

Back