Dream Alliance Sidestories - Takanori's Unicorn

Page 6 - Partners

The Hatch Brothers went on ahead to Germany, to plan out on how to face Boris, while I stayed in Italy and decided to pay a visit to Alessandro. Hmmmm... I wonder what's in his garage lately?

Alessandro: "What a surprise! How are you! You've gotten a bit bigger..."

Takuma: "I've worked out lately, as I need to stay in shape for the Le Mans."

Alessandro: "Oh right... right. Oh, I almost forgot, and I always forget this one. I have restored your mother's Lancia Stratos.

I miss Okaasan's ride... It was really a fun car to play with.

Takuma: "Might if I take it for a drive? And tomorrow morning, I shall go to Germany to have it air freighted back to Japan."

Alessandro: "Okay. Take care."

He threw the keys at me and then I set off. I headed back to Monza to check out its performance.

9357748890_bd3341755f_c.jpg

Unlike most Stratoses that are tuned for rallying, this is one of the few that were destined for racing at the track. Okaasan really intended her Stratos to run at the circuits, engaging in team battles with Otousan's Countach LP400 as her partner.

9357748670_510186b6f3_c.jpg

Hmmmm.... this has gotten easier to drive. Despite the 290 HP power output, it's something that is manageable. The Lancia Stratos is known for its wild handling. Sharp turn-in, but the car easily sets loose. No wonder Ricky was struggling when he used this one in rallying.

9354974159_9ed4af9051_c.jpg

290 horsepower... it may not be that much in today's standards. But in Okaasan's heyday, I'm sure it smoked a lot of supercars weighing more.

9354973903_17af6c8111_c.jpg

This is just as fun as Otousan's LP400. I can drive this all day!

9357747556_2a8d00c9b5_c.jpg

Not the fastest of lap times, but I sure did beat Rob's lap time. 2 minutes and 2.4 seconds.

I'm not gonna tell it to them though, I'm not gonna add insult to their injury.

Time: 6:30 am, the next day

9354978109_05333e456c_c.jpg

Boris: "I have some things to do in Germany. Luckily, the next round will be held there..."

I woke up very early and immediately set off for Germany. It's a long drive again. But unlike the Countach's heavy clutch, steering, and gearshifts; the Stratos' controls are a notch lighter. But I can live with those much better.

Eh??? What's that car ahead?

9354977979_38e1cc4814_c.jpg

9354977721_1aec90db3a_c.jpg

Boris: "Something very fast is approaching."

Heh, it's you all along, Boris. How about we have a nice reunion, eh?

9357751880_85df95eb3b_c.jpg

Boris: "You are asking for it. This will be a nice warm up for the car."

9357751752_1e7b48d13c_c.jpg

Boris: "Ahhhh... the classic Lancia Stratos. I have seen only a few of them here in Europe. What a great opportunity to race it."

Keep staring at the beauty of the Stratos at your mirrors as long as you can, because this will vanish easily.

9354977443_2b50912137_c.jpg

Boris: "It braked late and entered the corner at a higher speed! It really is a rallying legend..."

9357751482_bbdb497697_c.jpg

Think your Golf can do this?

Both of us pulled over. I'm sure you can remember me with that stunt back there.

9357751324_c985a7e981_c.jpg

Boris: "What a pleasant surprise. It's you all along..."

Takuma: "How's my partner? I've heard you are the fastest in the 2nd run. But isn't that a bit unfair? That Golf is way too out of the league."

Boris: "I gotta use all my resources and power in order to accomplish my goals. Simple as that."

Takuma: "You should, but there is also something called a Fair Game."

Boris: "I have to edge out from the competition. Winning is all that matters. Absolute power rules the world, and I can't rely on anyone... only I can do my goals. You and the rest are just a hindrance."

Takuma: "Really? Don't tell me that crap anymore, I already knew your selfishness from the very beginning. But before you can get to me, there is someone you should deal with. Someone who has a grudge on you. I have two words for you: ROB HATCH."

Boris: "Hmph."

Takuma: "I gotta go now, for I have to air freight this car. See you soon..."

I left Boris thinking. I'm sure you remember who Rob Hatch is, right? You're not old enough to forget things, especially when it comes to hurting people.

End of Page 6

Page 7 - Scandal

I arrived at Germany's Cologne Airport and finally put Okaasan's Stratos at the cargo. I gave it a final good look before it flies back home to its original owner. I'm sure she'll be so happy to reunite with her lovely track toy.

And meeting Boris again after so many years... He hasn't changed a bit. The team was disbanded, and then regrouped once again and he still hadn't had a change of heart. He's still the ambitious and selfish man that I know.

I am amazed at how he got successful only with his abilities. He never relied on anyone, nor his teammates. He doesn't even care about what happened to Tyler. What kind of teammate is he?

Someday... just someday. I will teach him a lesson.

I arrived at Katrine's home in Ahrweiler. And she is surprised by my sudden arrival. She immediately prepared the guest room, but I helped her out for that.

I headed out once again to buy some ingredients for dinner. And then I see this rather interesting car.

9366446558_3691b7da07_c.jpg

It may look like a regular C63 to the untrained eye, but that's a wolf under a sheep's clothing. That's how Brabus tunes their cars - subtle but emit a very powerful aura.

Look at the size of those exhaust pipes. You can probably fit your hand there.

9366446350_f924ac4fee_c.jpg

As I enter the grocery, I met some familiar faces, like the butcher who I used to get meat from and his "special cuts" for my steak dinners. I'm not entirely fluent in German, but thankfully he can speak English. And so as fate determined, I once again met Rob. I do have to help him out, don't I?

Rob: "Oh there you are."

Takuma: "So how's it going?"

Rob: "I have already finished working on "The Track Werewolf". That was my father's moniker in his racing days. It was his last car that he raced in his life."

Takuma: "Nice story. But hey... could you share what really happened?"

Erm... what? Why did I ask that all of a sudden? Awkward...

Rob: "After you're done with the groceries. You don't want that meat to get rotten after my story."

Takuma: "We'll just meet here. I'll go to the house first to put these at the kitchen."

After that task, I meet Rob at the grocery store entrance. He offered me a stick of cigarette... and my chain smoker genes act up. I took one without hesitation. Light 'em up!

Nice smoke rings there, buddy.

Rob: "Where shall I start? Hmmmm.... anyway, why did you ask that a while ago?"

Takuma: "Well, I'm just curious. Besides, I think it's better to share it, at least to one person."

Rob: "I intended to tell it to you anyway, since we are kindred spirits and all."

Takuma: "So, how did you meet Boris?"

Rob: "Boris was also a Touring car racer. He joined the BTCC in hopes of furthering his career, just like every race car driver does. We were rivals, and our scores always clash because in one round, I win, then on the second, he gets the gold... you get the pattern. I won the 2006 championship, and of course, I have to celebrate.

I treated the entire team to a bar and drinks are on me. Everyone gets either sober or drunk, who cares. And then I met this woman... well, we were having a friendly chat while drinking. It went on for hours... and then I was so sleepy.

Next thing in the morning, I was on a bed... together with her. That was really one of the most surprising moments. Both of us were naked, and I'm pretty sure I was not aware what happened. And then the woman made a confession...

"I drugged you and then I had a good taste on you..."

She pointed at something... it was a camera. I was really devastated... I was like, what was happening to me. And she made another confession...

...that she is Boris' girlfriend. And she let slip on something...

...that he planned this all along.

Knowing that I might be in danger, since she spilled the beans. I pretended that the drug took over me and I went back to sleep. She left without a word. I contemplated on to what have I done. What have I done to deserve this? I just did what I have to do. I won fair and square, that's all. I never knew that he will do something nasty just to take me down. It would be better if both of us had a duel instead, to find out who's the fastest. He plays dirty... I was really mad. After that, videos of it came out in a matter of hours. Everyone is talking about it. And so... I shut myself to the world and didn't join the 2007 championship. I was depressed, but very angry at the same time. How could he?"

Hearing that story just makes me more eager to stop Boris. Now... I will do whatever I can to fulfill Rob's goal. You have no right to destroy other people's dreams just to suit yourself. You have gone way too overboard.

Rob: "I cannot stop now. I will do this. You will help me on this, right?"

Takuma: "Right. We're buddies... and I cannot allow one to be down. I have to be on their side all the time."

Rob: "Come... let's have a drive."

We had a nice, 15 minute walk along the town and then stopped at a tuning garage. The tuner unveiled Rob's gunmetal grey Lotus Elise Series I. By the looks of it, it is heavily modified. I thought similarities would end there... he also owns an Elise!

Rob: "This is The Track Werewolf. Boris shall taste its wrath."

He started it up. Man... that noise is just lovely. It's a Rover K series engine... not the Toyota 1.8 liter 1ZZ-GE from a Celica that's being used in our "Rainbow" Lotus Elise 111R.

Rob drives along the hills at Eifel. I didn't know that there would be a proper "German Touge". Plus, it's just nearby the Nurburgring! Sadly, the track is being closed for maintenance for a few days. So I'm guessing that they will do it here.

9366446138_dd09a76991_c.jpg

9363665503_0507785ef5_c.jpg

Rob: "No wonder my father loved this car. He chose this over his wife. Just kidding. This made him even more respected in the British racing scene."

9366445876_1c7a4b7017_c.jpg

Takuma: "Why was this called The Track Werewolf?"

Rob: "My father loves to whittle down his opponents slowly, like a werewolf tearing the flesh of its victims apart. When the opponent is finally overwhelmed, then that's the moment he'll make a move. Everyone underestimated this, but this is a very mental car."

9366445730_c1bd40611a_c.jpg

Takuma: "I also own an Elise too, albeit a Series II model and I am wondering what is that car's current color..."

Rob: "With this, I shall make Boris realize how slow and painful that ordeal was. This will also teach him how to play fair..."

Time: 6 pm

9363665137_e380ba6390_c.jpg

Boris: "I never knew that you would turn up."

9363665025_5b133ccccf_c.jpg

9363664817_27466a8782_c.jpg

9363664725_52d9f7e93c_c.jpg

Boris: "This car and I... will show you how absolute power runs this world."

End of Page 7

SOMETHING TO KNOW ABOUT:

- Originally, Boris is supposed to be driving a fully-tuned SL65 AMG. Then I switched to SL 55 AMG, and finally I have settled to the C63 since it handles better. Oh, the C63 here does not have any turbo upgrade. I feel that the 6.2 liter AMG V8 must be naturally-aspirated.

- I decided to forego the duel at that Eifel Pass. It's because that it is rather unfair for the C63 and it's almost too complex. Instead, the Nurburgring will be selected, using the 24H layout (after that "maintenance").

Oh, here are some non-GT5 cars that the characters could have driven:

Axel should have owned this instead of his SLR 722:

993907_10201442303442989_843126596_n.jpg

Takuma's FD:

1070035_10201471301647926_78899432_n.jpg

Hiroyuki's "secret stash"

267206_10201419021100945_1711417553_n.jpg

Instead of the Countryman, this must be Takanori's MINI:

972214_10201392499397919_199546757_n.jpg

Last edited:
Page 8 - A Fresh Start

We're waiting for the Nurburgring to open up. So I just lay low... and of course help out Katrine in her chores, she is a single mother, and she just gave birth, so I also watch over her son named Alex. Hmph... a play on his father's name, eh?

Suddenly, I hear a doorbell ring. I reached for the door, and it turns out that it is Samui and Nobuyuki, looking panting and all with their heavy briefcases.

Samui: "Takuma!!!"

Nobuyuki: "You derp! Everyone is worried sick about you, especially your wife and kids."

Takuma: "I'm sorry... I just need a breather. I will go back to see them after Le Mans is over."

Nobuyuki: "If that's the case, then you should have at least made a contact with them. There's Skype, you know?"

Takuma: "I know... but I won't see Takanori for now. I'm sure he's..."

Samui: "Mad? Of course not! He's worried too."

I did not reply further. Instead, I helped them lay their luggage inside.

Nobuyuki: "What have you been doing lately?"

Takuma: "Preparing for the big race, of course. And helping out someone."

Nobuyuki: "At least something worthwhile, not moping yourself."

Takuma: "Part of it is sulking myself and thinking deeply. I just have to contemplate what I did..."

Nobuyuki: "The important thing is, you are fine and nothing bad happened to you. I'm sure there is a right time for talking to Takanori."

I headed back to my laptop and check my e-mail. Rob sent another one:

" Tomorrow, I would be watching Dennis' another try at getting the FIA License. It would be held at a racetrack just nearby where you're staying. Are you watching?"

Well, since there is nothing to do for a while, I will watch. Gotta support a friend, right? Besides, I do wanna see how those two interact... they really make me happy. Rob inspires me to be a better brother. So I sent a reply which simply says YES.

Takuma: "Nigel and Ricky had finished their assessment at the Le Mans Circuit in France. In this laptop, you will find a video of a lap done by Ricky in the Mazda 787B."

Samui: "Mazda 787B?"

Nobuyuki: "I'll explain that to you later, Samui-kun. And that is one hell of a car we're using."

I gave the seat to Nobuyuki. Grab something to eat and watch carefully.

Takuma: "Circuit De La Sarthe may look simple, but it is also a difficult track to master. I recommend watching that video tons of times."

Samui: "That long straight with chicanes is bumpy."

Takuma: "Indeed. Even that simple section took lives. The addition of those chicanes did little to reduce high speed accidents."

Nobuyuki: "That's tough. I guess we'll be doing hundreds of laps just to master that track."

The next day, I attended that racing event for all-comers. It's a "Run-What-You-Bring" event, hence there is no sense of handicap there. Dennis sets up his matte green Caterham. You can buy one, and then you can either build it for yourself (which is cheaper) or let the factory make it for you (adds extra cost; but it is more precise and there's less errors). His Caterham is a limited special edition called the "Fireblade" which has the engine from a Honda Fireblade superbike. This is the lightest out of all the Caterham Seven models, weighing less than 400 kilograms.

Dennis: "This thing is absolutely incredible. 255 horsepower all thanks to a supercharger. I am amazed how the engine can cope up with it, despite being less than 1 liter."

Takuma: "Pretty neat. I am fascinated with Caterhams, you know?"

Rob: "Are you ready? You're being called."

Dennis: "I'm ready! Wish me luck!"

9373934657_2fd5290f43_c.jpg

Rolling start. The lead car is a GT-R. That's a challenge for the Caterham, knowing that it has twice the amount of power.

9376716746_2293fc0d7a_c.jpg

Rob: "It would be a piece of cake. Dennis knows how to control that Caterham. That is our father's last birthday present to him."

Takuma: "Are they demanding to drive?"

Rob: "Of course. Don't ever dare think they're easy just because they're light."

9376716574_56a334674d_c.jpg

Rob: "Careful steering is needed. Caterhams lack the aerodynamics of a normal, closed-roof car. They get twitchy even with a slightest nudge. The short wheelbase adds to that problem."

9376716410_194e03794e_c.jpg

9376716180_31431c2741_c.jpg

Rob: "But, if one utilizes its light frame and agility properly, then it becomes a monster.

Dennis: "I've taken the lead!"

Rob: "Copy that..."

9373933645_f448d4b72c_c.jpg

Lead? Already? Dennis must have been a very skilled driver! To think he can harness the Caterham's potential.

Rob: "It's similar to having tons and tons of tennis balls launching towards you. It's all about management."

9376715584_21b4e483c7_c.jpg

Dennis: "All right! Let this little beast roar!"

9373933067_83c722a944_c.jpg

After some laps, Dennis came out as the winner. He received a small trophy, along with a large sum of money, and...

Dennis: "Check this out!"

...the application form for the FIA License. He will be granted one soon.

Rob: "Great job, shrimp."

And he does a noogie on Dennis' head. I am just remembering those moments with Takanori. I am looking at a mirror here.

Rob: "Takuma... seeing him win makes me more determined to get my career back. Look at him. He finally achieved his dream and will start. Now, it is also time for me, to start fresh. Together, Dennis and I will make our name shine in the British racing scene."

Yeah... I can detect his determination. He's fired up!

End of Page 8

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Special thanks to praiano63 for his setup for the Caterham. It is much more driveable than ever. No oversteer madness. Here is his setup.

(Also works well with Sports Soft tires)

Last edited:
The duel between Rob and Boris will be posted probably by tomorrow (I need volunteers; I will give the C63).

For now, here are my ideas for the sidestory chapter of this fanfic:

1. Tomoko's Secret Admirer
2. The Cherry Blossom Army (The wives of Takanori and Takuma form a secret street racing team)

3. Samui faces Oliver's sister
4. Nobuyuki meets his ex-girlfriend who aims to be the 1st ever female Japanese F1 racer.

5. Nobuyuki vs. Akira Iida (LFA duel)

You can give your ideas (and the car theme) for this. These are one-page adventures and they follow no particular order.

I can think of a few.

- Nigel meets his father, in prison.
- The scene on The Proteges' disbanding.
- Parent and child moments? Developing specifically on Takuharu, Shinsetsu, Reina and Ben.
- A meeting on the Dream Alliance's future after Le Mans.

And, if you want, more crossover opportunities.

- The twins meet Jacob Ross, as portrayed in my story.
- Takanori gets recurring nightmares on the Chevy Corvette, and gets therapy in the form of 'advice' from masterful Corvette driver Keith Ross.

I have a couple of vague ones.

- Nobuyuki discovers the joys of the old AE86.
-(If you have the Route X DLC) Takanori is invited to test a Bugatti Veyron, meets someone with cars he calls his 'Bug Killers' and who calls himself 'The Sentinel'.

I can take these:

- The twins meet Jacob Ross, but more emphasis is a scene between Takuma and Jacob

- Nobuyuki drives the AE86 (and probably the S.S. Version)

Some more additions:

- Takuma drives a Ferrari in a motoring show (which he complains heavily for most)

- Best Motoring-esque Tsukuba 5-lap battle of the "special edition" cars (Takanori Edition GT-R vs LP600-2 Edizione Takuma Gallardo vs Axel's SLR 722), also in a motoring show.

- Rotary fans club; with Takuma testing various tuned FD3S RX-7s and compare them to his benchmark RE Amemiya-tuned FD3S. Ayumi from "The Legacy of The Dark Horse" will make an appearance with her FD as her entry.

You can still contribute if you want.

For the main story, I need one who can drive the C63 I'll borrow.

Ill get to sharing Ayumi's FD soon.

Also, some more ideas, since you're okay with it. Crossovers as well.

- Axel's memorial event, with his SL and his NSX as the stars.
- The Harbinger hired Ms. Fantoccia to eliminate a list of people. One of the targets is Hiroyuki. Nobuyuki finds out through Nigel and takes action.
- How Takuma got the Mazda Furai Shinsetsu uses in the future.
- The twins enter a celebrity variety show. Comedy ensues.
- Makoto had a shopping accident. Said accident is with Rin, and they both became friends.
- Sonny came to Japan visiting Ben's grave, and try to reclaim his race modified R34.

Page 9 - Enter The Black Forest

Zzzzz.... zzzzz... zzzz...

...wait. What was that? A telephone call? I HATE SOMEONE WAKING ME UP THIS EARLY!!! I WILL DECAPITATE THEM!

Takuma: "Hello???"

Giorgio Sanna: "Good morning. This is a nice wake up call for you. We shall test our PEACE OFFERING to Signore Ben McCarthy."

Er... what? Peace offering?

Giorgio Sanna: "We shall be heading to Nurburgring now. Let us meet."

Way to break my morning, Mr. Lamborghini test driver. Yes, Giorgio Sanna is Lamborghini's test driver and as well as involved in the Gallardo Super Trofeo series.

I headed outside to catch some morning fresh air. And then suddenly, Rob appears.

Rob: "Good morning. Guess what, I have been challenged by Boris. Today's the day. He opened the entire racetrack."

Takuma: "That was quick."

Rob: "He knew my exploits back then, and my renewal of my license recently. So he has to come out to the open."

Takuma: "I shall be heading there too, to test a new Lamborghini. What a way to start the day."

Rob: "Let's go."

We will head to the same place, anyway. And so we went together with Rob.

As we arrived, the crew from Lamborghini is present, with the car. Without further adieu...

9398419915_eef6bf1fa2_c.jpg

...this is the one.

Giorgio Sanna: "This is the Aventador LP750-2 Signore McCarthy. Our way of remembering Signore Ben McCarthy."

Ah yes... well, actually there's a story behind this. Otousan was one of the potential candidates for the ownership of the one-off Aventador J. But when someone was chosen instead of him...

...he got really disappointed and he had a falling out with them. So this is their "peace offering", eh?

9398419785_a11ac7a584_c.jpg

Giorgio Sanna: "The horsepower is increased to 750 PS, and the flywheel is lighter and the clutch is replaced to have faster shifts. With the deletion of the 4WD system and carbon fiber parts, the car now weighs 1360 kilograms."

Also, the interior trim is similar to the Aventador J. Unfortunately, I change gears using paddles. Besides, they shift as quick as a racing car, anyway.

9398419649_5012b9763d_c.jpg

Takuma: "Hehehehehehehe...."

9401184768_79265d2943_c.jpg

Takuma: "This is very similar to him... make a mistake, and..."

9401184700_5d430f4a42_c.jpg

Takuma: "...this car snaps and be very..."

9398419295_7e627d6d77_c.jpg

Takuma: "...VERY HARSH."

9401184466_1ccd1e9f5f_c.jpg

Giorgio Sanna: "Satisfied, Signore Kanonji?"

Takuma: "If he's still living, he will love this so much... probably much more than me. Hehehehehe.... it's like he got reincarnated and went into this car. This is how the Lamborghini should be, according to him. It must kill you for making a mistake."

After the test, I found out that it will only be a one-off model. Makes sense, and I think this is the best peace offering for Otousan...

Rob: "Neat car. I'm sure it will cost more than one house."

Takuma: "It's a gift for Sir Ben."

Rob: "I see. Well, he is known for having a vast collection of Lamborghinis."

Takuma: "What's left is..."

Rob: "...Boris. We will wait him here."

Are you serious? Good thing there's a cafe in the track's premises. And they serve nice food.

And he really is. Well, we did set up Rob's Lotus together, and as well as having some runs.

At 3 pm, he finally arrives.

Boris: "Sorry to keep you waiting. But I am sure you have practiced more than enough here."

Rob: "Totally worth the wait."

Boris: "It's a very long time..."

Rob: "Let's just find out, who's the best here. Finally, a nice, proper duel with you. No cheats.. no backstabs, and no scandals involved."

Boris: "Absolutely. I shall show you how powerful I am over you."

The two line up their cars at the start line. I am doing the countdown.

Boris: "Elise? You have guts to bring it around here. Nurburgring favors more powerful cars..."

Rob: "I shall teach you how to play fairly. Skill matters the most."

Both cars rev their engines. They are really eager to go.

Takuma: "3... 2... 1... GO!!!"

9401184240_ed96a44ff3_c.jpg

They're off!

I am just wondering on how Rob can hold his own against Boris and his C63. Not everything in the Nurburgring favors the Elise.

9398418845_2c49640544_c.jpg

9398418737_86e6e8986e_c.jpg

9401183836_177f1f7d9e_c.jpg

Boris: "I can simply play with you, puny Elise. You may be an ace through the turns, but my C63 is better overall. Not all turns are in your car's favor."

9398418419_eb7d548aec_c.jpg

Boris: "I shall show you... why I'm called The Schwarzwald."

End of Page 9

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Here is the tune for the Aventador LP750-2 Signore McCarthy. No hybrid/hack magic whatsoever. And for me this cures the understeer issue of the Aventador:

Modifications:

Weight Reduction Level 3
Increase Rigidity
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Fiber Hood Body Color
ECU
Carbon Driveshaft
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Twin-Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD
Torque Sensing Differential
Fully Cuztomizable Suspension
Sports Soft Tires

Settings:

Weight Ballast: 84 kg
Ballast Position: 50

Weight Distribution (F/R) - 40/60
Weight - 1360 kg

Downforce (F/R) - 5/15

LSD settings (Initial Torque/Acceleration/Braking):

Front: 5/5/5
Rear: 5/30/5

4WD Torque Split (F/R): 10/90 (or depending on your preferences)

Suspension (F/R):

Ride Height: -5/0

Damper Extension - 8/5
Damper Compression - 5/6
Anti-Roll Bars - 2/3

Wheel Alignment (F/R):

Camber Angle - 2.4/2.2
Toe Angle - -0.07/-0.14

Brake Balance (F/R) - 7/9

Special thanks to praiano63 for the suspension and brake settings.

Power rating (with oil change): 736 HP or 748 HP (if engine has already broken-in)

Body Color: Rosso Rubino (Alfa Romeo or FIAT)
Rims: Enkei SC05
Rim Color: Moon Rock Metallic (Amuse)

Aero Parts:

Front Bumper - Type A
Rear Bumper - Type C
Rear Spoiler - Type A

Nurburgring Nordschleife Lap Time: 6:53 (sport soft tires)
Performance Points: 607

Last edited:
Page 10 - Biting Back

I am just at the pit lane... even the Lamborghini crew left with the car for further development. I love that Aventador so much.

Anyhow, I can't really deduce on who wins this match. They were only given 2 laps for the race. The C63 can be advantageous too.

All I have to do is wait for the two cars to pass by the main straight.

9408688046_140c87dc2b_c.jpg

Boris: "Even werewolves get confused and lost in a forest."

9408687972_9bf376987c_c.jpg

Boris: "Allow me to demonstrate."

9408687802_c03501a75c_c.jpg

Boris: "Shoot... he braked and actually gave me little room to pass. But I'm still in my plan. All goes well."

9405928271_47e1437dd4_c.jpg

Rob: "What is he doing? I don't get it. He moves in and suddenly backs out.

9408687392_88ea76e1d9_c.jpg

Rob: "He is playing with me... and I'm not gonna allow that!"

9408687318_8c8e43b2f7_c.jpg

Boris: "Aha! Got you! You are too confused that you left yourself open. Time to show you my power. My skills... abilities... are the only things that made me reach the top."

9405927969_1bb45df30c_c.jpg

Rob: "You got me. Heh... but the Nurburgring is rather too long. I could think of many ways on how to overtake you."

9408686982_0337159c07_c.jpg

Rob: "A smokey drift! Dammit... he intends me to crash! That is another confusing maneuver.

But did he really intend it? Or perhaps... that's typical to most AMGs."

9405927567_c9919b4b17_c.jpg

Rob: "He's pulling away! I gotta do something! I can't let him get away! Not ever again!

Time for me to show you why this car is called The Circuit Werewolf! You are now my prey!"

Location: Takanori's Mansion in Minato Mirai, Yokohama, Japan
Time: 10 pm

Makoto: "Whew... the children are now asleep. Time to go to bed. So, what's the latest news?"

Takanori: "Hmmmm... I gotta have to replace this PC. This came from my home back in Aoyama. It served me well during my high school days. Well, to answer your question, Samui and Nobuyuki-san have arrived in Germany yesterday. And that's all."

Makoto: "I hope they can find your twin."

Takanori: "I don't worry that much. I know Aniki a lot. He's not gonna escape from reality. He has a major race to prepare for."

Makoto: "Oh, Nissan called this morning. The Leaf is ready to pick-up anytime."

Takanori: "Finally! Something that I can drive to work. You use the Countryman a lot!"

Makoto: "I need it! Don't tell me it's a Nissan Leaf Takanori Edition."

Takanori: "Don't worry. It's just a standard one with the optional bodykit. But great idea nonetheless. Ha!"

Makoto: "I hope you don't put too much strain on yourself on your motoring reviews. You are still recovering..."

Takanori: "Well, I can't make the review boring either! Tomorrow is the taping of the "Driving Diary" segment with that Nissan Leaf! I will take it to winding country roads!"

Makoto: "On to another topic. Will you be watching the race? You know... Takuma-san will eventually need you in his side. I can feel it."

Takanori: "I will. And I promised him that I will sing for him at the race."

End of Page 10

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

What you'll be seeing soon in the Sidestory pages. This will be the first entry.

9408686672_f8152d0bab_c.jpg

Page Title: The Real FQ

Last edited:
Page 11 - Predator and Prey

Alone.... I am alone... wind is blowing by. Leaves are scattering about.

Kinda reminds me of my old days. I never relied on anyone. Only Otousan was the person I relied on, since he treated me like his son. But even so, I felt something was really lacking. A part of me was sorely lacking...

...until I met my mother and Takanori. Both of them made me feel that I am not alone; that I deserved to be loved.

Takanori.... I miss you. How I wish I could noogie you right now.

9415927978_1f64f6b646_c.jpg

Rob: "You think that trick will work?"

Boris: "I'm losing traction... plus the Elise is just behind me. I did not expect this."

Rob: "Wolves will just chase and chase their prey."

9415927930_69fc5bdb73_c.jpg

Boris: "Dammit..."

9415927550_986c8f9a79_c.jpg

Rob: "He lost control at the exit! Got to overtake him."

9413161545_6237958897_c.jpg

Rob: "No matter how dense the forest is, a wolf would always find its way. It's just instinct. Plus, this Elise takes this turns like a breeze."

9415926996_2dbc10d993_c.jpg

Boris: "It's not over yet, punk. You will never ever crawl your way back to the top. People in my way deserve to taste my power, and hence that's what I did to you in the past."

9415926940_f962fb2a2f_c.jpg

Rob: "That Mercedes keeps up at the straights between the corners. Talk about explosive power. You are power-crazed, Boris. Just like your Merc...

...but even Power can betray its wielder. It corrupts everything."

9413160675_9bfe19c14c_c.jpg

Boris: "Arrrgh... Too much speed there. Dammit... this section hurts the C63. It takes effort to slow this thing down in this section.

But it shall end soon."

9413160453_8502f8be4a_c.jpg

9413160305_23f2067a13_c.jpg

Boris: "From here on, I shall use this car's unrelenting power! All 700 PS shall be used to destroy that Elise!"

9415926046_f2dc6c6f82_c.jpg

Rob: "Look at her go. Just how far do you think you can run away? You are still my prey, and I haven't let you go yet."

Boris: "Let's see if you can keep up with me by the 2nd lap! Ha!"

But then, the C63 is too fast to make to that slight left-hand turn. It heads to the grass instead and Boris loses control of it.

9415925768_47b405d224_c.jpg

Boris: "Nein!!!"

Rob: "Such a wonderful spectacle of smoke and dust. The prey has been worn down. Told ya. You will never ever get away with what you've done. No matter how fast a prey runs, the predator simply does not give up and wears down its target in time."

The Elise simply passes through the crashed C63 without even slowing down.

9413159739_84af3b1ea5_c.jpg

9415925458_f1c648dca4_c.jpg

I am seeing some marshals talking about something. And then they immediately get on a safety car and head out to the track. Something wrong? A crash or something?

9415925156_5789e4bd1d_c.jpg

Rob's Elise stopped at the line. Where is Boris? Rob just got out of his car and shows a thumbs up.

I joined him.

Takuma: "Something happened to Boris?"

Rob: "It's done. He's none of my concern now. I'm giving him to you."

Takuma: "Heh... at least that wraps it up."

Moments later, we see Boris approaching us. Wow... you just walked out of the wreckage?

Boris: "Satisfied? You had me."

Rob: "Now... how does it feel playing fair? It's much more fun, right? It turns out that I'm miles ahead of you. To think you used a very low tactic back then... that just shows your cowardice. You used it because you cannot defeat me in skill, right?"

Boris: "You have to use your best weapon and resources to take someone down in battle."

Rob: "Even if that means sinking low? To think you even used your girlfriend. Everyone, even the FIA, knows you and your team's exploits.

To think I even used my father's Elise against you. You simply cannot control your AMG, much similar to how you got corrupted by power. How dreary... even Dennis can beat you in his Caterham."

Boris: "Takuma... you planned this, didn't you?"

Takuma: "It's his own volition. It just happened that Rob and I share the same goal. But don't worry... we shall have our duel yet.

See ya at the Le Mans, partner. Let's go, Rob."

Rob and I left the track. Boris... it's just between you and me now. Get ready... because I shall be Sir Ben for that one fateful day.

Come, I shall teach you one final lesson!

End of Page 11

Page 12 - Best Friends

It seems that the storm is over. I don't feel that much wind, perhaps Rob has finally settled things and can now start his racing life again. I'm happy for him. And with so many similarities, I think we can be the best of friends. Yeah, we can probably bully our siblings together. Hehehehehe....

It's such a nice morning, and I just came back from jogging around the town. As I enter, I see Nobuyuki and Samui having some coffee at the dining area while I also helped myself with that. Time for a meeting.

Nobuyuki: "Good Morning."

Takuma: "Good morning to you too. Let's have a little meeting here, shall we?"

Nobuyuki: "Hey, when are we going to test that 787B? I'm excited."

Takuma: "Next week. Samui, prepare yourself, as you will drive one of the most demanding cars to drive."

Samui: "Understood."

Nobuyuki: "Time does fly so fast, doesn't it? It's just a month to go..."

Takuma: "Yeah, we better get our butts moving. The whole crew will be flying to France next week for the preparations. I've already booked them a hotel for them to stay in."

Nobuyuki: "Where were you yesterday?"

Takuma: "I just hanged out with a friend at the Nurburgring."

Nobuyuki: "I see. On to another topic, I have beaten Yamamoto Motoki before we arrived here."

Takuma: "Nice work."

Nobuyuki: "I even took the liberty of punching him three times on his face. He deserves them."

Takuma: "I could have done so too, but you beat it me into it."

I got a call again. It's Rob. Hmmmm... I wouldn't mind spending the rest of the day hanging out with him again.

Rob: "Hey. Are you free?"

Takuma: "Hey Handsome Rob. I am free."

Rob: "Nurburgring's open. Shall we have a run? I'll bring my MINI this time."

Takuma: "I wouldn't mind. Where are am I going to meet you?"

Rob: "The grocery store in front of where you're staying. I'm on my way there. Get dressed..."

Takuma: "Okay."

So I immediately took a bath and dressed up. I headed to the meeting place, and I can already hear the loud exhaust note of Rob's MINI.

We headed to the Nurburgring. It's an open track day.

9420558651_d6bcf4c28b_c.jpg

Rob: "How I miss this FIA Racetrack Lifetime Pass."

With hordes of powerful German cars, can Rob's MINI be the perfect example of Small But Terrible?

9423326710_555d63a05f_c.jpg

He effortlessly overtakes that SL55 AMG. Man, I'm sure that AMG driver is wetting his pants.

Rob: "I gotta love this little scamp. I can also squeeze through opponents."

9420558095_dda774e88b_c.jpg

Rob: "I gotta thank you."

Takuma: "Eh? Why?"

9423326004_11d6dbb644_c.jpg

Woah... he just squeezed through those power-crazed machines! Rob is really a talented driver. Now this just solidifies my reason of buying a MINI Cooper S when I go back home.

Rob: "There... at least we can have a nice, private talk."

9420557489_bc6803f9d1_c.jpg

Rob: "Thank you for helping me out. If it wasn't for you, I couldn't have beaten Boris. And also, you gave me an inspiration."

Takuma: "Me? An inspiration?"

Rob: "That's right. You inspired me to be a role model for my little brother. You inspired me to be a stronger person. Knowing your capabilities, I have realized that I can soar high."

Takuma: "Well actually, you too..."

9420556941_c26bc2d87c_c.jpg

Takuma: "It's because you reminded me of me. And seeing your interactions with Dennis made me realize that I have a loving brother despite what I've put him through. Both of you are like a mirror of my relationship to Takanori. You inspired me to be a better role model too. And also, I am amazed at your determination. You did not give up on your dream despite that huge challenge you faced.

Rob: "That's rather dramatic. I do not have a roll of tissue here."

Takuma: "Since you don't belong to a racing team yet, why don't you join us?"

Rob: "Are you bonkers? Seriously???"

Takuma: "Yeah. Together, we can make our dreams come true. That's why we are called The Dream Alliance. We are bound together because we share the same dreams. It's a tacky name that my twin brought up, but it is meaningful. And your skills are a great asset for us."

Rob: "Oh thank you.... Thank you! Arigatou! I'm not gonna let you down."

Takuma: "Welcome aboard, buddy."

And he stepped on the accelerator harder. He is now more determined to continue what has been stopped. He will continue his ambitions. Together, we will be seeing those coming true.

End of Chapter 4​

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Just bought this from the UCD a while ago.

9420558915_24169fdfa6_c.jpg

A worthy addition to the story?

Nice Maxi Turbo. I've been working the road version for a racing league. Great page too.

That Maxi Turbo can affiliate to Jenny, since it kind of is the Clio of those times.

And.. can't wait for some side stories. I'm expecting the unexpected :)

Chapter 5
Les Kanonji Jumeaux

Page 1 - The Challenge

Time: 5 pm

9429365270_90c754d1a9_c.jpg

9429364956_39c9687ea7_c.jpg

9429364884_c8c9e734d9_c.jpg

The car then returns to the pit lane.

Takuma Sato: "The car has excessive oversteer. There is a lot of play going on at the steering wheel."

Then the mechanics start on working on the car. Sato just stands by and observes.

9426595609_32fedd92bb_c.jpg

Takuma Sato: "Let's play again, Kanonji. This time, using Formula machines! You deserve to sit behind the wheel of one of those... That duel last time was a draw."

The next morning, in Germany...

Over a month to go... I have heard news of various teams preparing themselves for the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

And with Rob's entrance to the team, we are surely ready to rumble.

First order of business - everyone has to be familiar with the 787B. It is not something that can be mastered in one sitting.

I am holding a meeting once again. Every driver is present. Katrine prepared some snacks for us.

Takuma: "I'm happy everyone is here. This is important. We shall be doing practice runs with the 787B weekly. We can only do so because FIA allows teams to go to Le Mans and do test runs on a set date per week. Today's the first test run. Everyone has to master the car."

Rob: "Roger that. I reckon it's a handful."

Takuma: "Indeed it is a handful. Much more handful than your Elise. It's a Group C car we're driving."

Rob: "Oh cock... I haven't driven something so powerful."

Nigel: "The video of that past run with Ricky is still in my memory banks. You can still watch it while waiting for the turn to drive the car while we're at the track."

Takuma: "Thank you, Nigel."

Ricky: "The crew is already at the track with the car. They are waiting for us."

Nobuyuki: "So, shall we go, then?"

Nigel's eyes turn bright green as it receives an E-mail. Yeah, I memorize all of Nigel's eye colors. Each are a telltale sign of his respective functions

Nigel: "New E-Mail Received. Team Lotus F1 chose you as their driver for an invitational race."

Takuma: "Just tell them that I am currently contemplating on their offer. For now, let us focus on the Le Mans. Let's do this."

Without further adieu, we all head to France. Surprisingly, I see few of the racing teams from different classes doing runs. Perhaps the others want to keep their opponents in the dark and come up with a surprise.

I am the first one to drive. It's been a long time....

9426595673_9c43b9d042_c.jpg

Shoot, I lost my touch. Before, I used to not let wheelspin happen. And there it goes...

But that lovely 4 rotor engine roar... it's priceless. Race cars of today don't sing like this.

9429364456_3380e608af_c.jpg

9426595165_df40bdbc3b_c.jpg

Damn... it's like I'm going back all over again. I almost lost my patience when I first drove this car. It really puts my right foot to the test.

I returned to the pit lane. I almost forgot to do something. Something that I should have done first.

Rob: "Something wrong?"

Takuma: "The car has excessive oversteer. There is a lot of play going on at the steering wheel."

Ricky: "We'll work on it."

Takuma: "Ricky, mind if I borrow your V12 Vantage?"

Ricky: "Oh sure. Here are my keys."

After taking them, I grabbed the bouquet of flowers I bought before arriving here. And then I set off.

9426595203_bd4f58c891_c.jpg

I stopped by at the Tertre Rouge corner. Then I get out of the car and laid the flowers. This is the exact place where Allan Simonsen lost his life driving this very car.

9426594879_c1e6f22879_c.jpg

He also had a dream, much like every one of us. He achieved greatness because of his determination. And he inspires us to do the same thing.

Rest In Peace, Allan.

I will win this not only for the team... but also for you. I know that I can lose my life in this race, but I am not scared to the face of death! I have already encountered it a few times in my life. I will not back down from this challenge!

End of Page 1

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The Formula Gran Turismo and the race suit of Takuma Sato here are the closest ones to the real-life. I had difficulty choosing the race suit that is close to Sato's. I hope they're close enough...

The suit and helmet are pretty close to Sato's AJ Foyt Racing suit as I also saw him in action when I was at Toronto.

Nice copycat phrase for describing Takuma's description of the 787B after the run.

Isn't it pure coincidence that Ricky owned a Gulf like aqua colored Aston Martin? :dopey:

Otherwise, great page.

And R.I.P. Allen Simonsen. Tragic stuff can happen on the roads to glory.

With Takuma being invited by Team Lotus F1, there is a possibility that I might extend this by adding a new chapter:

The Formula to Sucess​

Focusing on the Formula Gran Turismo Championship, and of course, another Takuma vs. Takuma duel.

Latest Posts

Back