Dream Car Championship

• Thread starter kell_bc
  • 205 comments
Im using a tuned 908 HDi FAP on nurb. Tips to catching the jaguar in 1st? He keeps leading by double digits

First, is it a good tune?

Second, next comes practice. Practice practice practice. Learn the circuit and your times will magically start to drop. There is all sorts of time to be found around this circuit.

RKM does good tunes so you should be fine. Just practice practice practice.

Do you have any of the other cars I listed?

I have the Audi R8 (Non racecar) and the toyota Minolta

Use the Minolta. Possibly the best car for this. Use Praiano's tune for it. He ran a 5:28 around the ring with it so 6:17 (time needed to win) should be perfectly easy.

Shoe67
Use the Minolta. Possibly the best car for this. Use Praiano's tune for it. He ran a 5:28 around the ring with it so 6:17 (time needed to win) should be perfectly easy.

Thankyou for your help and encouragement :) I finally beat it with about a 1.06 second lead with the Peugeot. You were right all it took was practice and knowing my way around the AI :) Thanks again

EDIT: Guess what was my prize? None other than the car torturing me this whole time: the Jaguar XJR-9 LM RC haha

First post so please be gentle.

This seasonal is really annoying me. I just can't seem to beat the Jag on The Ring at all. I've used a Bentley Speed 8 and got within 6 seconds of him. I've tried a 908 HDi FAP, Sauber Mercedes, Zonda LM, you name it & I've tried them all. Most of the tunes I've tried are from Praiano's Tunes. The main issue I seem to have on this race is that if I'm overtaking an AI car and just slightly clip it, it sends me spinning, so annoying.

Just wondering if anyone here can recommend anything that can just help me to knock the smile of the Jags face. The Bentley worked really well on the other tracks, just not The Ring.

TIA

This seasonal is really annoying me. I just can't seem to beat the Jag on The Ring at all. I've used a Bentley Speed 8 and got within 6 seconds of him. I've tried a 908 HDi FAP, Sauber Mercedes, Zonda LM, you name it & I've tried them all. Most of the tunes I've tried are from Praiano's Tunes. The main issue I seem to have on this race is that if I'm overtaking an AI car and just slightly clip it, it sends me spinning, so annoying.

Just wondering if anyone here can recommend anything that can just help me to knock the smile of the Jags face. The Bentley worked really well on the other tracks, just not The Ring.

TIA

try this tune mate.....and dont forget Ring needs a lot of practice

BENTLEY SPEED 8 RACE CAR '03(791hp-900 kg-710pp)
-20/10
13.8/14
9/4
8/4
3/4
2.2/1.8
-0.08/0.16
LSD 8/14/10
BB 8/5
Downforce 60/85
Gears settings
final 2700
max speed 360 klm

Welcome to GTPlanet!:gtpflag::cheers:

As suba1960 mentions just above, you just need more practice on the 'Ring (so its a good thing that the 'Ring is such a great track!:D:)).

The Bentley Speed 8 is a good choice and is certainly fast enough to win once you get more comfortable with the track. If you check my post # 145 above, you can see that I've used it to take down the streaking Jaguar, de-tuned down to 632PP.:)

As you mention, the AI do get in the way, and often will spin you out if you try to push them out of the way. I have found that its best to pass them immediately once you catch them. If you sit on their rear-bumper and attempt to push them out of the way, the game will often spin your car out. So I have found it best to immediately start my pass on the AI as soon as I get to them. Almost always to the inside of the next upcoming turn (the standard exception to this is the first pass of the Mits FTO Race Car that you catch going into/thru the early high-speed left-hander (turn # 3-4?), who I usually pass on the outside, going full-chat and up-shifting into 5th gear:)).

Good luck!
GTsail

Last edited:
Welcome to GTPlanet!:gtpflag::cheers:

As suba1960 mentions just above, you just need more practice on the 'Ring (so its a good thing that the 'Ring is such a great track!:D:)).

The Bentley Speed 8 is a good choice and is certainly fast enough to win once you get more comfortable with the track. If you check my post # 145 above, you can see that I've used it to take down the streaking Jaguar, de-tuned down to 632PP.:)

As you mention, the AI do get in the way, and often will spin you out if you try to push them out of the way. I have found that its best to pass them immediately once you catch them. If you sit on their rear-bumper and attempt to push them out of the way, the game will often spin your car out. So I have found it best to immediately start my pass on the AI as soon as I get to them. Almost always to the inside of the next upcoming turn (the standard exception to this is the first pass of the Mits FTO Race Car that you catch going into/thru the early high-speed left-hander (turn # 3-4?), who I usually pass on the outside, going full-chat and up-shifting into 5th gear:)).

Good luck!
GTsail

Thanks for the useful informations mate

Thanks for the welcome.

I will give it a try and thanks very much for your input & settings. Much appreciated.

I've certainly had lot's of practice on the ring, but it is such a great (frustrating at times) track. Here's to losing another few hours of my life :)

I'll post & let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

Cerby

Thanks for the useful informations mate

Glad to be of some help!

At this point, I've run the race enough times that it really is the "Dream" Car Championship!:dopey::)

And since, for this particular Seasonal race, the game gives us near identical lineups each time, I'm beginning to memorize all the split times and where I need to pass the other AI if I'm on a winning lap.:crazy:

I especially like it when I pass the both the 2nd place and 3rd place AI cars (who are often running nose-to-tail at this point, but not always) as we brake for Breidscheid.:)

If it takes me until we are braking for Bergwerk to make the pass on the 2nd place car, I know that catching the Jaguar will take me until the last corner or two before Dottinger.:nervous:

See you on the track!
GTsail

Last edited:
I'm getting closer lol. I think it's passing the AI cars that is causing me not to win this already. Because Nürburgring is such a narrow track when compared to the others and I know I have to be quick to even have a chance of beating the Jag that I get it into my head of staying behind the AI cars and nudging rather than trying to pass them on the inside, especially at the first few corners. Adding that to the fact that I am really quite cautious on some of those corners that I excessively feather the brake a bit too much at times. It's annoying, but dam good fun.

...I think it's passing the AI cars that is causing me not to win this already. Because Nürburgring is such a narrow track when compared to the others and I know I have to be quick to even have a chance of beating the Jag that I get it into my head of staying behind the AI cars and nudging rather than trying to pass them on the inside, especially at the first few corners......

Yes, go ahead and pass the AI cars decisively once you catch them.👍

If you roll-up to their bumpers and give them a slight nudge, the game has a tendency to cause your car to spin-out. Its like your front-bumper gets stuck to the AI car's rear-bumper for a fraction of a second, and then the game releases you, but your car's front tires are off the ground,:eek: so your car veers off into the grass for some armco grinding.:crazy::yuck:

Since I've been trying to win with low powered cars, I can't give the AI any mercy,:sly: so I've been immediately attempting a pass as soon as I get to them (sometimes I still blow this,:irked: but I usually just dive to the inside and streak past).

Good luck!
GTsail

I'm getting closer lol. I think it's passing the AI cars that is causing me not to win this already. Because Nürburgring is such a narrow track when compared to the others and I know I have to be quick to even have a chance of beating the Jag that I get it into my head of staying behind the AI cars and nudging rather than trying to pass them on the inside, especially at the first few corners. Adding that to the fact that I am really quite cautious on some of those corners that I excessively feather the brake a bit too much at times. It's annoying, but dam good fun.

Don't worry, the AI are insane at the Nurb. They always take the racing line that should be taken instead of the one that is put down for you.

Personally I think that the AI should take the racing line put down, but having them take the proper line does help you figure out the best way around certain tracks. Monza, Suzuka, and Nurb come to mind

5 easy wins with my lovely BENTLEY
My ticket Furai Concept '08
the tune....its not mine...tuner lets forgive me,i dont remember his name
i have used that car in an older tt...cape ring i think

BENTLEY SPEED 8 RACE CAR '03(791hp-900 kg-710pp)
-20/10
13.8/14
9/4
8/4
3/4
2.2/1.8
-0.08/0.16
LSD 8/14/10
BB 8/5
Downforce 60/85
Gears settings
final 2700
max speed 360 klm

i have share it for my friends
thank you
Thanks a lot for sharing this tune, worked for me on The Ring! This tune worked awesome for my other LM cars also. Thanks again.

Using the Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race Car '05 I was able to beat Tokyo R246 with a 664PP which gave me 2,098,400cr.

Last edited:
I'm at my wits end with this lol. I'm close to tears.

I've used an Escudo, R8, Pescarolo, Zonda LM and everyting else in between and whilst I was getting close with the Bentley, I still just can't seem to win. :(

I've messed around with ABS, TCS, ASM (avoid mostly). I've even tried different tunes!

I was concentrating on getting the majority of seasonal's done before finishing the endurance level on A-Spec and then tidying up the B-Spec levels. However, after 2 more or less solid days trying to win on The Ring I am seriously close to calling The Samaritans lol :boggled:

I'm at my wits end with this lol. I'm close to tears.

I've used an Escudo, R8, Pescarolo, Zonda LM and everyting else in between and whilst I was getting close with the Bentley, I still just can't seem to win. :(

I've messed around with ABS, TCS, ASM (avoid mostly). I've even tried different tunes!

I was concentrating on getting the majority of seasonal's done before finishing the endurance level on A-Spec and then tidying up the B-Spec levels. However, after 2 more or less solid days trying to win on The Ring I am seriously close to calling The Samaritans lol :boggled:

The ancient Greek said...with patience and perseverance everything is possible...so if you like the GT5 dont stop try and you ll see that YOU CAN...

For the beginning try.....TCS 0-3,SRF ON,ASM OFF,ABS 1-3,Active steering STRONG and try changes with Controller Steering Sensitivity if you use DS3
I dont remember if i said the word "practice" but practice...practice...:lol::lol::lol:

Good luck mate and sorry for my English

Finally did it. Used the Courage Judd GV5 Race Car '04 and altered the TCS, ABS, Active Steering & Controller Sensitivity (never knew what that was for tbh). Beat the Jag by 3 seconds on a 708PP tune.

Seriously, thanks for the tips, help & advice. If I could buy you a beer right now I would. :cheers:

Ha won another Bentley Speed 8 :)

Finally did it. Used the Courage Judd GV5 Race Car '04 and altered the TCS, ABS, Active Steering & Controller Sensitivity (never knew what that was for tbh). Beat the Jag by 3 seconds on a 708PP tune.

Seriously, thanks for the tips, help & advice. If I could buy you a beer right now I would. :cheers:

Ha won another Bentley Speed 8 :)

congratulations!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Finally did it. Used the Courage Judd GV5 Race Car '04. Beat the Jag by 3 seconds on a 708PP tune.

Well done!👍:cheers:

The Pescarolo Courage Judd is pretty fast, so I'm not surprised that you were able to win once you got more comfortable with the 'Ring!

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

Back