Dream Car Championship

• Thread starter kell_bc
  • 205 comments
Here is my tune for the Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10!
****suspension parts and spec's:*****snip*****
655pp
1210kg
704hp

^^^^Very nice tune Shoe67!👍

I put your tune on my Camaro RM and had some fun on the Nordschlief last night!

With your tune the Camaro RM handles just great!:)

I modified your tune just a little: I softened the front suspension a few tics, increased the ride height, added 10kg of ballast, lowered the wing to 29/48, shortened the transmission (top-speed is now 217mph), and used the P.Limiter to lower the horsepower. This gave me the following spec's which I used for a win on the 'Ring:

HP.... 651
WGT. 1220
PPV... 636

I will try to win with a lower PPV, but I'm near my driving capabilities:( with the Camaro RM. I made my pass on the AI Jaguar just as we were going into Galgenkopf:nervous: (the sweeping right-hander just before Dottinger) and then had to block the Jaguar quite a bit going down the straight.:guilty:

Update:
I have gone back to the 'Ring and lowered the horsepower and PPvalue on my Camaro RM to:

HP.... 639
WGT. 1220
PPV... 634

After many attempts and quite a few crashes,:guilty: I was able to win with the PPvalue at 634. I am still passing the AI Jaguar as we go thru Galgenkopf:eek:, so I have no margin for error. I'm then having to significantly block the Jaguar going down Dottinger because my Camaro RM can't match the Jaguar's top-speed. Great fun, but tough racing since I'm really having to push my Camaro RM to catch the Jaguar.:crazy: My pit-crew has informed me that I have used up all of my RH tires, so I need to make a trip to the GT Auto Parts store for inventory replenishment.:ill:

Thanks for the tune Shoe67!
GTsail

Last edited:
Glad to hear the tune works for you! 👍

And if anyone else wants a tune for any car feel free to ask and I will post it here.

****The Camaro handles great as it is, and with SRF enabled it goes on rails around the bends (basically, just drive the car like you stole it and you'll be fine). The tricky thing is to not get caught behind the other cars. Ideally, when you catch up with a car you should already be making a pass and given the winding nature of the track with lots of sideways movement you need to predict where the other car will be when you catch up with it.

Yeah, I agree!

The Camaro RM (tuned by Shoe67:)) does very well on the 'Ring!

As you say, getting caught behind any of the AI will cause your lap times to suffer significantly, so you need to pass the AI with authority and without mercy.:sly: There are a few places where putting two wheels on the grass (often just after Flugplatz) is an effective method of making the pass without slowing down. By now, after nearly 50 Dream Car Seasonal races, I almost always get this right (but not always:banghead:).

See you on the track!
GTsail

Last edited:
Trying it now with the Camaro at 620PP (killed all downforce, added 50 kg of ballast and removed some exhaust and intake parts). It's very much doable at 620, but it's a big challenge. Basically you need to drift around the bends so that the SRF kicks in and give you that extra grip. Just a mild drift though, no extreme angles. You can carry a lot of speed through the corners that way. With my best lap so far I'm 4 seconds behind the Jaguar at Döttinger Höhe, shouldn't be impossible to shave off a few more seconds.

Struggeling with Nordschleife. Driving the Peugeot LMP on 706pp all i get is silver. I find it very hard to pass those AI. And if they drive into you you are very likely to fly off track.

Edit: Finaly did it, after 9 tries i was able to win and complete the event. I am quite estetic atm lol

Last edited:
Struggling with Nordschleife. Driving the Peugeot LMP on 706pp all I get is silver. I find it very hard to pass those AI. And if they drive into you you are very likely to fly off track.

Edit: Finaly did it, after 9 tries I was able to win and complete the event. I am quite ecstatic atm lol

Nicely done!👍

Nine times? Persistance pays off!

Yeah, the AI can sometimes be tough to pass if you catch them at the wrong place on the track. They need to widen the 'Ring to help us out.:D

See you on the track!
GTsail

Yeah, needed fine tries for Eifel and a night of sleep and new oil as well :P

I normaly drive without SRF, but i see that here i would not even have a remote chance without.
Really my hat off to those that do it with less then 700PP. Do you guys do that with a racingwheel or DS3?

Really my hat off to those that do it with less then 700PP. Do you guys do that with a racingwheel or DS3?

I use nothing but DS3. I've never owned a wheel and don't plan on getting one in the near future. :dopey:

655pp
1210kg
704hp
RH tires
47/53 weight

PARTS:
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheel Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit

SUSPENSION:
Ride Height- -25/-25
Spring Rate- 12.4/8.2
Extension- 8/8
Compression- 6/6
Anti Roll Bar- 5/3
Camber- 3.0/2.7
Toe- -0.15/0.05

LSD:
Torque- 5
Acceleration- 20
Braking- 5

AERODYNAMICS:
Front- 35
Rear- 60

BRAKE BALANCE:
Front- 5
Rear- 7

TRANSMISSION:
Top Speed- 390kph/242mph
1- 3.041
2- 2.014
3- 1.454
4- 1.146
5- 0.950
6- 0.813
Final- 3.772

NOTES:
This is one of my top 5 most driven cars in this game. Absolutely perfect for offline and online racing. With 9000 Aspec miles on it this car is well seasoned. Car feels extremely stable around high speed corners which is a must for the Nurburgring Nordschlief. With SRF enabled, this car is super forgiving and you can kick it sideways into almost any corner you want at the most ridiculous speeds. Have fun. Happy racing. 👍

Wow! What a car! Handles great!

Thanks!

655pp
1210kg
704hp
RH tires
47/53 weight

PARTS:
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheel Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit

SUSPENSION:
Ride Height- -25/-25
Spring Rate- 12.4/8.2
Extension- 8/8
Compression- 6/6
Anti Roll Bar- 5/3
Camber- 3.0/2.7
Toe- -0.15/0.05

LSD:
Torque- 5
Acceleration- 20
Braking- 5

AERODYNAMICS:
Front- 35
Rear- 60

BRAKE BALANCE:
Front- 5
Rear- 7

TRANSMISSION:
Top Speed- 390kph/242mph
1- 3.041
2- 2.014
3- 1.454
4- 1.146
5- 0.950
6- 0.813
Final- 3.772

NOTES:
This is one of my top 5 most driven cars in this game. Absolutely perfect for offline and online racing. With 9000 Aspec miles on it this car is well seasoned. Car feels extremely stable around high speed corners which is a must for the Nurburgring Nordschlief. With SRF enabled, this car is super forgiving and you can kick it sideways into almost any corner you want at the most ridiculous speeds. Have fun. Happy racing. 👍

Would like to give this a try just out of sheer curiosity as I do sometimes with other peoples tunes. I have one question tho. Did you tune this with SRF on or off?

Would like to give this a try just out of sheer curiosity as I do sometimes with other peoples tunes. I have one question tho. Did you tune this with SRF on or off?

I made the tune with SRF off but it still works just fine with SRF on. Just be sure to use your brakes to help turn the car.

Struggeling with Nordschleife. Driving the Peugeot LMP on 706pp all i get is silver. I find it very hard to pass those AI. And if they drive into you you are very likely to fly off track.

Edit: Finaly did it, after 9 tries i was able to win and complete the event. I am quite estetic atm lol

Only 9? I'm still trying w/Nissan R92 CP. Gotten within 2 sec, but as you said, cleanly passing those damned AI is the real challenge.

How are you guys winning so easily? I used the bentley and lost by 7 secounds....Can some one help? Gonna try the r8 race car...

Experience i gues. Knowing the track in and out wil help allot. Becourse you then can anticipate where the AI will go, so you can pass without slowing down too much. This will save lots of time. Atleast for me it did.

How are you guys winning so easily? I used the bentley and lost by 7 secounds....Can some one help? Gonna try the r8 race car...

I promise you it just comes down to practice. The ring is such a difficult track. But there is so much time to gain if you learn the track.

Only 9? I'm still trying w/Nissan R92 CP. Gotten within 2 sec, but as you said, cleanly passing those damned AI is the real challenge.

How is the Nissan R92CP to drive on the 'Ring?

I haven't yet given it a try. I had earlier run it at La Sarthe for an easy win, but had hesitated to run it on the 'Ring due to its high torque and propensity to shread rear tires.

How are you guys winning so easily? I used the Bentley and lost by 7 secounds....Can some one help? Gonna try the R8 race car...

Its just practice, as Shoe67 says.

I started out by running the La Sarthe race with 5 or 6 of the LMP race cars with the PPvalue at 670. I soon realized that the AI Jaguar XJR-9 was in a class by herself in this Dream Car Series, and she would be hard to catch with a PPvalue much below 665. So I then switched over to running the LMP cars on the 'Ring because the AI are much slower on the 'Ring, due to all the corners that must be negotiated. I figured that on the 'Ring, I should be able to win with the PPvalue lowered to around 650, so that's were I began running the various LMP cars. As you can see from my post # 145 above, I've been able to lower the PP down to 620-640 as I practiced and became more comfortable with running these LMP and Group C race cars on the 'Ring.

I've now run this Dream Car Championship Series at least 60 times:):dopey: using the cars that I list in my post # 145 above. I've learned were the AI will be as I catch them, and have learned how to get past them without slowing down (or at least, I usually get past them without incident, though sometimes they still cause crashes and the necessary re-start:irked:).

You should be able to win with either the Audi R8 Race Car '01 or the Bentley Speed 8, as I have found them to be near equal in regard to pace, during my runs on the 'Ring.

Good luck!
GTsail

Last edited:
I understand your frustration. I'm still trying, and I know the track really well. I've tried virtually every LMP and still no win. Most days I try once or twice and just walk away.

can some ticket glitch it to me please? the dang penalties are killing me...

How about you just have a friend put the car on share? (Sorry I'm just really against any form of glitching/hacking/cheating)

I love how you get a penalty for clipping the rumble strip yet nothing for clipping grass...either put penalty on for every course or drop it.

Also the Jag thats the rabbit, doesn't handle as great as the comp makes it seem.

Using my own Jag I was catching the rabbit by the end of the penultimate lap with no issue in any of the races. I passed it either late in that lap or fairly early in the last lap every time and my Jag XJR 9 handles beautifully, it just takes a bit of tuning.

(Noob warning)

what's manufacturer does the "Bentley" Belong to?

Bentley.

The car name is the "Speed 8"

You cannot purchase it from the New Car Dealership. It can be bought through the Used Car Dealership, or won through a 2003 ticket or a Level 23 ticket.

Finally beat the Nurb. Went back to the Bentley w/a Praiano tune and won by 2 sec.

Well done!👍

The Bentley Speed 8 is a good choice. Its a little easier to drive than the Nissan R92CP (which is better suited to La Sarthe).

Last night, I decided to give the Nissan R92CP a try myself. I started with the Nissan R92CP tuned to 650PP and blew away the field.:) So, I then de-tuned the Nissan down to the following and won the race again:

HP.... 528
Wgt.. 1080
PPV... 628

At the 628PP, the Nissan R92CP is starting to be top-end speed challenged, but its still fast enough to catch the AI Jaguar XJR-9 before the Dottinger straight (and then its easy enough to stay in the lead using some center-of-track blocking maneuvers:sly:). The Nissan handles decently on the 'Ring, so its also a good choice once you get used to its handling characteristics (2nd gear should be used sparingly and gently).

See you on the tracks!
GTsail

I need help on car selection for this challenge. I dont have a 2J or a Bentley

EDIT: Gold trophies obtained on Tokyo route and Sarthe circuit courses thanks to Rotary Junkie's tune of the 908 HDi FAP. Silver on Nurburgring trailing by 16 seconds.

Any tips greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
A little help on the abbreviations? Im green :S

Peugeot 905
Peugeot 908
Audi R8
Audi R10
Nissan R90CP
Nissan R89C
Mazda 787b
Jaguar XJR9
Toyota TS020