Dream Car Championship

• Thread starter kell_bc
  • 205 comments
Finally cracked it on the first try this morning. Used the Audi R8 with max downforce.

Prize was another Vertigo :/

Ended up winning with the 787b with no turbo. I breezed through all of them except Nurburgring, which took me many times to beat! My prize was a BMW V12 LMR, which I am super happy about.

I also used the 787b completely stock and was quite easy, won all racers first time and won another Sauber Mercedes...

6.17.347....R92CP Race Car '92! At last! I dont know how many times I've tried and tried and tried. I got first place at last.
Obviously not as good as many of you guys but in my own terms I've made a lot of progress throughout this challenge - cutting almost 30 seconds off my first time.

Got the level 23 ticket and backed up to usb...now to try and get the illusive 2J in my garage!!!

And for shoe67...
I wanted to give you some feedback on the setup you posted. It didnt really work for me and I suspect thats due to my driving style. I found the car a bit skittish and twitchy - I think it needs a light touch and the ability to be quite progressive when hitting the gas. I certainly appreciate you posting it, though, and I've had a lot of success with other setups you've posted - so thanks for that.

ps. I got that damned illusive pim...2J. What an ugly car but it is also kind of beautiful in its own way - a rule breaker.

Last edited:
Hard to get 3 good laps together at 563 pp 447bhp, 1210kg... bl 2:26.215 , 7:21.225

4.497.350 cr , xp 440385

Passed jag just after the carousell, with a sweaty thumb!

Darn gt86 and srf off, ruined my driving with Takata for awhile :-D

I knew you would have to have a go at a sub 565pp Noway, excellent work.

Doubt I can better 563pp. Will have a crack at it though.

From what I know, Suba has definately found the best race for "quick money" using a Takata Dome . Much better then Tsukuba, and this w/o using the 2j. Congrats Suba1960 :cheers:

Last edited:
From what I know, Suba has definately found the best race for "quick money" . Much better then Tsukuba, and this w/o using the 2j. Congrats Suba1960 :cheers:

As you know Noway I'm not interested in making money, just the lowest pp.

But out of curiosity which race and car are you referring to? Or are you talking about this car and track?

As you know Noway I'm not interested in making money, just the lowest pp.

But out of curiosity which race and car are you referring to? Or are you talking about this car and track?

Takata....I think I need an editor :dopey:

I just wanted to add that this was way fun in the X2010 5G. I detuned the car down to 690 for a more challenging experience, added weight first but found there was no big difference. Decided to reduce power to the 200HP range and things got interesting after that. I find it funny how they pull away on the straights but I fly past them on the turns

Used the v12 lmr passed them all with ease except for the nurburgring

He beat me by a second :(
Edit: just did a 6:17

Last edited:
Used a jaguar XLM 88 race car & won with ease...
But got another Toyota race car 70.... didn't need that

maybe Spyker C8 Laviolette ‘01 can be the winner with low pp but i havent any good setup for this car.....its an interest car but not very famous

What setup are you driving whit on the takata dome?

Sorry for taking so long to reply, as I have been away.
Takata Dome 03 - bhp 447(power 83.1) , 1210 kg 563pp aero 23/36
rh -15 -13 .............. lsd 8/18/10
sr 17.3 17.1................ ballast 40 at -25
ex8 8 ................. bb 8 - 9
com8 7 ................ trans-tranny trick 4236/3107/2423/1795/1576
roll5 5 .................. final gear 2940
cam 1.8 1.8
toe -0.16 0.02

I had the Takata Dome '03 but now I only have the '06 left in my garage, don't have a clue how I lost it?!

Anybody knows how to get one again since you can not get it in the dealership?

i'm basically **** at racing and i beat them all in the 787b, the ring took me a good few tries but it was first time wins on the other 4. just max downforce, minimum weight and the std turbo, need take about 3% off the power and i ran the diff on 7/30/10.

Exactly what I used, after reading this thread I expected a battle at the Nurburgring but thankfully it wasn't as hard, I took the pp down to 690 which was as low as I could go. I think as long as you are flat out on the straights you should be able to win.

What's anyone else's lowest PP they've won with on the ring? I managed 655 in the R10 (difficult to drive but still a fun car)

maybe Spyker C8 Laviolette ‘01 can be the winner with low pp but i havent any good setup for this car.....its an interest car but not very famous

would that be good enough? i have one and it doesnt seem very fast. then again impretty bad at this game

What's anyone else's lowest PP they've won with on the ring? I managed 655 in the R10 (difficult to drive but still a fun car)

Did 630pp with ford gt specii, written back on page 2, was real fun car to drive.

So far, my lowest PPV win on the 'Ring was at 645PP with the Mazda 787B Race Car. A comfortable win, so a lower PPV is certainly possible.:) ****Edit: See my post # 145 below for my more recent 'Ring wins with other cars.

Did 630pp with Ford GT specII, written back on page 2, was real fun car to drive.

^^^^Very nice!👍

See you on the track!
GTsail

Last edited:
I've been having a blast with the Nordschleife event. I run it just for fun with no chances of winning: I'm using the RX7 FD Touring Car bone stock with Racing Hards. It's such an amazing car!!! Best finish so far is 2nd place.

I still can't understand what the actual 🤬 is the Jaguar doing in the line-up. If GT6 has line-ups this ridiculous it's gonna suck bad 👎

Over the last couple of days, I decided to try a few more cars on the Nurburgring, so the following is a list of the cars that I have used to win the 'Ring race and their basic spec's:

Cars used for the 'Ring race. HP WGT PPV
--------------------------- -- ----- ----
Toyota GT-ONE Race '99......500 1082 620
Mazda 787B Race Car '91......517 1020 621
Peugeot 905 Race Car '92.....560 920 625
BMW V12 LMR Race '99........504 1080 625
Audi R8 Race Car '01............498 1100 627
Pescarolo C60 Hybride '05.....540 1090 628
Nissan R92CP Race '92.........528 1080 628
Pescarolo Courage Judd '04...530 1090 630
Minolta Toyota 88CV '88.......534 1050 630
BMW McLaren F1 GTR '97.....566 1030 630
Ford GT LM Race SpecII.......593 1150 630
Peugeot 908 HDI FAP '10......493 1110 630
Bentley Speed 8 Race '03.....500 1095 632
Audi R8 Playstation '05.........518 1100 632
Nissan R390 GT1 Race '98.....559 1080 632
Pescarolo Courage C60 '03....536 1090 632
Ford GT LM SpecII Test Car..566 1180 632
Mazda Furai Concept '08.......483 750 633
Chevy Camaro SS RM '10......639 1220 634
Nissan R89C Race Car '89......544 1070 634
Audi R10 TDI Race '06..........536 1020 635
Citroen GT Race Car............664 1200 637
Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race '88.....589 1050 639
Chaparral 2D Race Car '67.....454 775 640

The Citroen GT is a bit of a heavyweight, and it took me three attempts to win at this low PPvalue. I started with a new Citroen GT so the PPV increased from 635 to 637 during my suspension tuning practice and race attempts.

The Jaguar XJR-9 has enough straight-line speed to crush the field, but it doesn't handle all that well, so winning with a low PP value is pretty tough. I caught the AI Jaguar going thru Schwalbenschwanz (on an early 642PP run), so I have a bit of a margin to play with on my next run with a lower PP value. I will give my Jaguar some more tuning adjustments and see if I can get the PP value down to 640.:banghead: (Update: I've de-tuned my Jaguar some more and have been able to win with the PP value at 639.:) The Jaguar is still fast enough, but it doesn't really want to turn, so I have to scrub off more speed than I would like to make some of the turns.)

The Chevy Camaro RM is a bit top-end speed challenged at this low level PP value tune, but it easily handles well enough to give me a win against the AI Jaguar.:) On my early 636PP win, I passed the AI Jaguar just as we started braking for Galgenkopf, so I didn't have much of a margin for error.:eek: My Camaro RM was only able to reach 192mph going down Dottinger, so the AI Jaguar chewed on my rear-bumper going down the entirety of Dottinger.:nervous::ouch: (Update: I have gone back to the 'Ring and ran some more laps and pushed my Camaro RM as hard as I could. I was able to lower the PPvalue to 634:) and still win. This took many attempts, many crashes:ouch:, some 2nd place finishes:yuck:, and I used up two sets of RH tires in the process!:D I am still making my final pass on the Jaguar as we go thru Galgenkopf:eek:, so there's no track left if I'm going any slower.)

The Ford GT LM SpecII Test Car drives very similar to the regular Ford GT LM SpecII, but is a little heavier. I have just begun running some laps on the 'Ring with it, so I should be able to beat my current lowest PPvalue run of 638PP. The Ford GT LM Test Car handles quite nicely and has good top-speed but seems a little slower than the regular Ford GT LM SpecII. (Update: I ran some more laps with the Ford GT LM Test Car and have been able to lower the PPvalue to 632!:) I'm getting used to its handling so I was able to find more speed. The Ford GT LM Test Car has great top-end speed, so once I make it to Dottinger with the lead, I'm home free because I can reach 200mph before the Jaguar catches me.)

All of the above cars could win with slightly lower PP values if driven by a better driver than me:bowdown:, and even I could win with a lower PPvalue if I pushed the cars a bit harder:idea:.

I still can't understand what the actual 🤬 is the Jaguar doing in the line-up. If GT6 has line-ups this ridiculous it's gonna suck bad 👎

Yeah, I know what you mean, the AI Jaguar is so much faster than the rest of the field. I don't understand why the field isn't more balanced. Oh well.:crazy:

Anyway, its great fun chasing him down!

See you on the track!
GTsail

Last edited:
Used a Camaro RM with around 640 PP (fixed a typo there, hehe). Took a few attempts but I finally won at Nordschleife. Overtook the Jaguar two corners before Döttinger Höhe and then simply blocked it from passing.

The Camaro handles great as it is, and with SRF enabled it goes on rails around the bends (basically, just drive the car like you stole it and you'll be fine). The tricky thing is to not get caught behind the other cars. Ideally, when you catch up with a car you should already be making a pass and given the winding nature of the track with lots of sideways movement you need to predict where the other car will be when you catch up with it.

Last edited:
Used a Camaro RM with around 640 PP. Took a few attempts but I finally won at Nordschleife. Overtook the Jaguar two corners before Döttinger Höhe and then simply blocked it from passing.

Impressive low PPvalue eran0004!👍

I must give the Camaro RM a try:idea:

Any special tuning suggestions?

Thanks
GTsail

Last edited:
I have a brilliant tune on my Camaro RM for 650pp. It can run a 6:08 lap around the Nordschlief. I could post that if you'd like.

I have a brilliant tune on my Camaro RM for 650pp. It can run a 6:08 lap around the Nordschlief. I could post that if you'd like.

Nice! Shoe67👍

A 6:08 lap is fast enough.:)

Maybe detuned to 640PP will give me a 6:16 lap, which is all that's need to comfortably beat the Jaguar XJR-9.

Sounds like I need to run some more laps at the 'Ring tonite!

Thanks,
GTsail

Here is my tune for the Chevrolet Camaro SS RM '10!

655pp
1210kg
704hp
RH tires
47/53 weight

PARTS:
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch Twin Plate
Flywheel Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit

SUSPENSION:
Ride Height- -25/-25
Spring Rate- 12.4/8.2
Extension- 8/8
Compression- 6/6
Anti Roll Bar- 5/3
Camber- 3.0/2.7
Toe- -0.15/0.05

LSD:
Torque- 5
Acceleration- 20
Braking- 5

AERODYNAMICS:
Front- 35
Rear- 60

BRAKE BALANCE:
Front- 5
Rear- 7

TRANSMISSION:
Top Speed- 390kph/242mph
1- 3.041
2- 2.014
3- 1.454
4- 1.146
5- 0.950
6- 0.813
Final- 3.772

NOTES:
This is one of my top 5 most driven cars in this game. Absolutely perfect for offline and online racing. With 9000 Aspec miles on it this car is well seasoned. Car feels extremely stable around high speed corners which is a must for the Nurburgring Nordschlief. With SRF enabled, this car is super forgiving and you can kick it sideways into almost any corner you want at the most ridiculous speeds. Have fun. Happy racing. 👍

Back