Drift Day practice session. Amuse S2000 Music Video 4/13

BreakerOhio
Drift Day practice session.

After finishing GT5 Prologue I decided to start on drifting again. For a while I put drifting aside as I focused on completing the missions and trying out some of the online racing.

Now that much of that has passed, it's back to enjoying some drifting. I called this video Drift Day to set the setting for the video. Imagine it as a day at the tracks to practice drifting using the car you brought. All the clips are from this one session on Fuji Speedway using the BMW M3. (less)
Added: January 25, 2008

BMW 135i GT5 Prologue Drift Session.

Drifts were done using the car's natural motions by applying the weight transfers to break traction. Using Feint motion, braking, and lift off techniques.

Braking Tech:
The key for the braking drift technique is to get the correct timing of releasing the clutch. You need to shift down smoothly (with heel-toe), rather than locking the gears as you do with the shift lock technique.

Feint Tech:
Sometimes called the inertia drift. Rally drivers refer to it as the Scandinavian Flick.

Lift Off Tech:
Combined with Feint Motion on linking or going through high speed drifts. After the tunnel section. Also called Kansei Drifting.

Dodge Viper GTS Drift at Suzuka Circuit

NA1 (NSX) Drift Day

Ferrari F430 - Logitech G25

Amuse S2000 GT-Matrix
A short film I mixed. Please, turn on your speakers to hear the dialog.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec II just came out and it included the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo. With all red interior too!

I wanted to mix the game contents somehow with my real life car videos(also with all red interior).

Like the Matrix, Gran Turismo is a simulator. I worked off this idea in mixing this video. (less)

Amuse S2000 music video
I mixed this music video to show my love for drifting, GT and S2000s. I mixed content from the game with my real life to share this with you guys. The S2000 in GT5 has the rare color combo, all red!
The similarities, ... not limited to the red interior, I have Volk Racing wheels, suspension lowering and an OEM hardtop

With GT, my thought was that it's too risky to wait for a US release. GT4 Prologue never made it to US...
True. Problem for me is that my memory is quite frankly horrible. Remembering menus? Pfft, no way. Now I'm building my cockpit on the 2nd floor (pc's are on the 1st floor for now) and to be running up and down the stairs to check the menus on the PC is.. Heck i might get exercise!:nervous:

It's easy, a surprising amount of the game is in English. All you need is a list of what cars you can use in each race and you're set.

Nice nice. must.. resist.. Japanese..version.

dude.. buy it.. i was like you... resisting but now i just cant wait and ordered my copy last night :) by end of week (around friday) it should be in my hands

dude.. buy it.. i was like you... resisting but now i just cant wait and ordered my copy last night :) by end of week (around friday) it should be in my hands
Hehe, if the date gets pushed back any more I will most likely import it but until then there shall be no Asian packages sent to this address! :nervous:(Except Obutto depending on if they ship from China or U.S)

Hehe, if the date gets pushed back any more I will most likely import it but until then there shall be no Asian packages sent to this address! :nervous:(Except Obutto depending on if they ship from China or U.S)

man get it now... worth the extra buks :) its going to be pushed back and back... right now there is not even no official time date... just spring.. that few months to go..

True. Problem for me is that my memory is quite frankly horrible. Remembering menus? Pfft, no way. Now I'm building my cockpit on the 2nd floor (pc's are on the 1st floor for now) and to be running up and down the stairs to check the menus on the PC is.. Heck i might get exercise!:nervous:

It will come naturally. Menu choices are pretty straight forward. If you are unsure of what you're committing to, hit the back button and get out of the menu. It's not like play final fantasy or anything imported like that. You don't have to read much when it comes to driving around the track. Each race shows pictures of the course so you don't really have to know how to read Japanese. You won't mistakenly enter a race. If you don't meet the requirements you won't be able to enter the races. Print out the translations or get exercise running up and down your place, but if you get it down... learning a new language would be nice. ;)

Maybe if I could understand the News sections that would help.

im probably gonna break down and get it by the end of next week. this video did it. it looks like too much fun to wait.

Dang B, you had to beat me to it didn't you? Nice vid, lets get together with bee and rl and do some drifting online. Record some tandem at daytona road course :-)

Dang B, you had to beat me to it didn't you? Nice vid, lets get together with bee and rl and do some drifting online. Record some tandem at daytona road course :-)

Still think it's difficult to organize that to happen without private rooms. How successful have you guys been at getting into the same online event?

oh by the way Breaker... GREAT video, nice drift

hopefully someday when i get my copy of the game ill practice to become as good as you

wish me luck

Still think it's difficult to organize that to happen without private rooms. How successful have you guys been at getting into the same online event?

Its just like Kai pretty much. We all get ready to go into the same event, then at the same time we all click the connect button and we have gotten in the same race a few times. Sometimes one person doesnt make it, but its not that difficult. We just need to get in a chatroom on AIM and we can organize it easily.

woooooottttt bigger drift video.. cant wait to see it
ok the second song in the end was really reallllly annoying.. i know u wanted the theme of drifting culture .. but play some trance

woooooottttt bigger drift video.. cant wait to see it
ok the second song in the end was really reallllly annoying.. i know u wanted the theme of drifting culture .. but play some trance

I try. Half trance, other half hip hop.

My thoughs on trance...
Trance can get repetitive and annoying at times. I like it, but can only stand it for so long. When DJs rock trance all night long, I feel like I'm lost in a "trance".

Not everyone likes the same music though, so someone wont like something and another will love it.

Exactly.

Suzuki and I were able to connect on some online event races last night. We allowed the pack to get far ahead so we could hang out in the back and practice on some tandem team drifting. Did some recording. May not be worth sharing yet. Will have to review and decide if the clips are good, but team Drift Dojo is getting started again. We just need the rest of the team to get online for a drift session.

Dking, Ryo, and Bee I haven't seen you guys online, explain yourselves!! :banghead::irked::cheers:

I have drifted with Bee and RL, just need ryo to get a ps3 and prologue and we will be set.
DD never died in the first place, we just migrated :)

I try. Half trance, other half hip hop.

My thoughs on trance...
Trance can get repetitive and annoying at times. I like it, but can only stand it for so long. When DJs rock trance all night long, I feel like I'm lost in a "trance".

Exactly.

Suzuki and I were able to connect on some online event races last night. We allowed the pack to get far ahead so we could hang out in the back and practice on some tandem team drifting. Did some recording. May not be worth sharing yet. Will have to review and decide if the clips are good, but team Drift Dojo is getting started again. We just need the rest of the team to get online for a drift session.

Dking, Ryo, and Bee I haven't seen you guys online, explain yourselves!! :banghead::irked::cheers:

Well....yer always busy when i want to run...it's your fault! Ryo has no ps3 yet...and bee...well he and I have been doing some online stuff...our schedules need to match up.

DD those who know, know.

Back